The Sunken City [Darksea] [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Squishy, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Cast:
    Sirius Longfellow - Blonde Panther
    Silas Longfellow - Squishy

DISCUSSION THREAD

---

The surface of the sea was calm. So calm, that one would think there was nothing out of the ordinary with it, if it hadn't been for the army camped on the beach and countless of soldiers standing guard at the shore.

Silas was standing between them, watching the waves crash onto the sand. As soon as word of what had befallen Impa had reached Castle Town, he had been send out to help. In the short he had been given to pack his belongings, the Sheikah had hastily written a note to his brother, saying he was in need of his help and to meet him here. He hadn't had the time for a full explanation, though he would be surprised if his brother hadn't already heard a thing or two at the Academy.

Right now Silas could do little else than wait until his brother or the Zora mages, that would help them in their descent to the city, would arrive. He had taken off his socks, and carefully dipped a foot into the sea, before pulling it back with a shiver.

His mind went to the city, slowly sinking beneath the waves, and the people trapped inside. While the mages inside the city had been able to temporarily slow down the descent, there was no denying that Impa was still sinking, and there was no telling to how long the mages could keep up their protective spells.

The reports from shore had been just as worrying, as general Nihil had seemed to disappear along with the city, though there were no reports of him being found amongst the rubble or stuck beneath the waves. His second-in-command, Onox, had survived the onslaught and was leading the troops in the city below, but there seemed to be whispers of conflict between the citizens and soldiers...

Silas sighed, wiping off his foot and putting his shoes back on. He could only hope for his brother to arrive quickly, so they could start their mission before it was too late.
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Silas had scarcely stopped thinking it when a happy bark sounded from next to him and a large, black dog with brown markings ran over to him at a dizzying speed for its bulk. It stopped right besides him, barking and spinning in circles. A mildly annoyed but also slightly amused voice came from not far behind the beast: "Rover, down. Spare your strength, we'll need plenty of it later."

Sirius Longfellow approached, dressed in what seemed to be traditional Sheikah combat clothing. Even before he had received Silas' note, he had attended an educator's meeting at the academy about the recent disaster at Impa, and it had been decided that he would be the Academy's contribution to the investigation and hopefully solution. He'd already been packing when the note had arrived. The students he'd encountered in the hall had been wondering for at least a day what had gotten the teacher of Battle Magic so agitated.

"You're fortunate, Silas," he said, putting his hand on the head of the dog, who now turned to him, panting. "I have better things to do than play with you- my students expect their assignments to be graded within a reasonable timespan." He'd given a graded homework assignment the other day: an in-depth analysis of an offensive spell of choice. The deadline had been the very same day Impa had started to sink, and this mission interfered with his planning to have been grading them right now. "I'm only here because I was ordered to be."

He cracked and flexed his fingers, mentally going over his known spells. He had been studying something in his off time, but as with all shadow magic it was not an easy spell to master or even use safely. He just hoped he wouldn't need it yet and that his Shadow Ball would be enough.
  3. Squishy

"Oh, hello boy!" A big, goofy grin appeared on Silas' face when he saw a familiar canine next to him. He bent down to the dog's level, giving it a good scratch behind the ears.

"Who's a good boy? You are! Yes, you are! You're a goody good boy~ Have you been looking after my dearest baby brother?"

Then Silas heard a familiar voice behind him. Giving Rover a last pat on the head and sneaking him a small treat, the Sheikah stood back up and turned around.

"So hurtful, dear brother." He replied, pulling his face into an exeggerated pout. "But I'm happy to see you too." The pout quickly turned into a smile, albeit a small one. The arrival of his brother meant their mission would start any moment now, as soon as the Zora mages arrived.

Silas laughed, slightly uneasily.

"Should've brought my bathing suit." He muttered, gesturing to the sea. He wouldn't openly admit it, but the idea of being trapped deep beneath the waves instilled a deep sense of fear in him. When he had recieved the mission, it had been all too clear he would either succeed and survive, or fail and perish in the sinking city. Silas was pretty sure his brother had realised as much.
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Please take the situation seriously." Sirius bent down to clasp a leash onto Rover's collar, fearing the beast would get upset if magic was used on him. "We had a detailed description of the situation at the academy. There is a triple-digit number of people down there, all in danger of drowning, and that isn't counting the Zoras and the mages that are trying to maintain oxygen within the city. Additionally, the drowning risk isn't the only problem, as the city is teeming with monsters and many civilians have no means of protecting themselves. To make matters even worse, General Nihil is missing in action, and may possibly have deserted Hyrule." He frowned. It was a worst-case scenario, but something to keep in mind nonetheless.

"Still, I suppose you realise all this from your own briefing." He knew where Silas got his orders, and also knew his elder brother was far more competent than he looked. "I sooner hope you've brought your weapons. And that Rover can hold up in the magically-sustained bell of oxygen... He generally doesn't like magic." He didn't mention his leg. He'd fought with it before- if they could dose the fighting he would be fine.

He turned to his side when he heard a group of Zora Mages approach. "...there's our transport, I believe." Turning around, he extended one hand. "Sirius Longfellow," he said, introducing himself. "Researcher from the Academy of the Sages. My presence should have been announced." He gestured to Rover. "The dog is my companion. He is to come down with us. Will that be alright?"
  5. Squishy

Silas' face took on a grim expression.

"This is no laughing matter, and I take my missions incredibly serious. I thought you knew me better than that." Perhaps it was just nerves that made his brother a little on edge, he thought. When he started to repeat the details of the mission, Silas waved him off. "Yes, yes, dear brother, I've had my briefing. I know to pay attention to the big boss." He said with a wink. Then he became serious again when Sirius brought up the missing general.

"The man's a soldier, Sirius. As loyal as they come and definitely not a coward. The only explanation for him being missing is that he's dead, as harsh as it sounds."

One of the mages next to him coughed lightly, trying to catch his attention.

"Ah, yes!" Following his brother, Silas quickly introduced himself. "Well then, we're all set to go, aren't we?"

One of the mages nodded, while another rummaged through a bag, before taking out a small jar filled with a clear, lightblue substance. He offered the jar to Silas, who opened it and carefully sniffed it. It didn't have any particular scent, though it had a strange gooey consistency, he discovered when he rubbed it between two fingers.

"That is to be applied on the lower face in a thick layer, specifically around the nose and mouth. Underwater it will expand into a bubble, which will allow you to breathe until we reach our destination. We will have two of us to carry you gentlemen into the city, while two others will act as guards, and a last one will scout ahead. So far there have not been any hostile encounters beyond the city, but we have to be careful." The mage said.

"Alright, seems clear enough." Silas took a big scoop of the gooey contents of the jar, and rubbed it onto his face, after handing the jar over to his brother. He also put a streak on Rover's nose, and patted him on the head.

"I'll give you a big treat if you stay nice on the trip down, okay~?"
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Rover barked, and Sirius shook his head. "You realise I have to work him twice as hard to avoid him getting fat with all the treats you give him." Still, he shut his mouth as he applied the goo around it, careful to cover every square in of his face nose-down. He knew how to swim, and wasn't nervous about it at all, but he hoped Rover would hold up and it wouldn't at all do for any of them to drown on their way there. He looked at Rover, who tried to rub the stuff off his nose. Sirius supposed the hound smelt the contents better than he did.

"Hey," he said, giving a hard pat on the beast's nose, "Cut it out. You can take it off when we're on location." Rover looked up at him, panting, and Sirius kneeled, spreading the stuff around the dog's muzzle. "I'm sorry." As he stood back straight, he double-checked if his own face was sufficiently covered, and then handed the jar back to the mages. "How long will we take approximately to reach the city?"
  7. Squishy

"It should take no more than half an hour. I do hope you can hold on to your... dog, though. As we had not expected it to come along." One of the Zoras said, looking at Rover with a mix of slight disgust and annoyance. He coughed into his hand, slightly embarassed. "At any rate. We are ready to go when you are."

Silas turned to his brother.

"This is it, then. Once we're down there, there's no way out." Unless we die, he thought, but he didn't dare to speak that thought out loud. Things like that tended to kill the mood pretty quick. "Well, I'm ready to go. Just tell us where you want us."

The Zora mage nodded.

"Good. Zino and Yara here will each carry one of you." He snapped his fingers, and two strong-looking Zoras, a male and a female, stepped forward. The mage turned around to give directions to the remaining three Zoras, and then they set off into the waves.

They had to walk the first part into the sea, until the water got deep enough to properly swim for the Zoras, which around waist-high. Yara, the female Zora, turned to face Silas. Zino, the male Zora, would carry Sirius and Rover.

"Hmm, you'd best hold on tight. We don't want you getting lost at sea, now do we?"

"I guess not, though I don't speak for my brother..."
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Rover was blissfully oblivious to the Zoras' disgust, but Sirius was not. And honestly, he was slightly offended by it. Other than the occasional bark and the strangely enthusiastic reactions to Silas' presence, Rover was an extraordinarily disciplined and well-behaved beast. Certainly, he had some apprehension himself when it came to other people's dogs, but judging on sight was hardly becoming of a loyal Hyrulean citizen. "Rover is trained to stay by my side," he said coolly. "I do not think that will change if he is suddenly surrounded by water rather than air." Still, he halved the length of the leash once he finished speaking.

When Zino and Yara approached, Sirius immediately concluded that they had to be Sea Zoras, a variety more accustomed to hard labour and physical combat than the more slender and scholarly Lake Zora that they had been conversing with up until now. With luck, they would be more pleasant. He nodded in acknowledgement to Zino as Yara turned towards Silas, having no time for long formalities. He followed the Zora into the water, with Rover soon swimming next to them as it quickly became too deep for him to stand in.

"Well, then," Sirius said, as he looked over to the paddling beast and struck an arm around its back. "Let's get this over with."
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  9. Squishy

And off they went.

As soon as they were submerged, the ointment on the brothers' faces started swelling into a small bubble that would allow them to breathe until they arrived at their destination. Even though he was tempted to, Silas refrained from touching the bubble, as the Zora mage had not told them how much the bubble could take before it burst, and neither did it seem a very good idea to let go of Yara whilst they were swimming. Especially not at their current speed.

The Zoras were fast, even with the two Sheikahs holding on to their shoulders, and the sun was rapidly becoming smaller and more distant, until they were in an alien sort of twilight, with neither surface nor ocean floor in sight. Just endless water.

Silas turned his head, trying to see how his brother and Rover were holding up, managing a small, but reassuring smile, as if saying 'So far, so good'.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sirius held on to Zino with one arm, which he had struck around the Zora's neck and locked at the elbow, effectively acting as a hook that kept him afloat. He was aware that it caused the Sea Zora discomfort, but Zino didn't complain and dragged him through the water faithfully. Sirius resolved to apologize to him once he was on safe, oxygenated ground, but right now, there was no other way. He glanced to his side.

Rover was visibly freaked out, although whether that was from the bubble around his muzzle or because he wasn't drowning while he was this deep under the water, his master couldn't tell. Fortunately, like the disciplined beast that he was, he held still, not struggling under Sirius' other arm. He still held the leash in one hand, but Rover behaved perfectly.

He turned to Silas, noting the dumb grin on his face. He knew rationally that his elder brother was a lot smarter and more serious than he liked to behave, but he still wondered if it had been a good idea to send him. Still, he was here, and he would see this through to the end. Failure would bring shame to not only their family -although really, he'd done enough of that- but also to the academy, which he served as faithfully as he had the royal family.

And then he saw it. An enormous bubble, not unlike the one covering his face right now but many, many times larger. As they descended further along the outline of the bubble, slowly but surely the city of Impa came into view. Sirius frowned and glanced over at Silas. Even he had to have seen it. The city was in disarray- destroyed homes, the odd corpse in the streets, and groups of people bunched together not unlike students on a lunch break. He was too far away to see details on the faces of the people, but something was definitely... not right.
  11. Squishy

Seeing the city suspended in the depths was sure to send a chill through the brothers' spines. From afar, it seemed almost peaceful. Almost.

Closer inspection revealed the broken homes and rubble where the ground had been violently torn from the continent, as well as several twisted shapes that could only be corpses... Silas could swear he saw something else, something not human, pass through the streets, though it was so fast that it was gone in a flash. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good. It was too small to be human, and too fast to be a pet or regular animal.

As they approached the bubble, the Zora they had send ahead to scout returned to the group. He reported to the mage, who was leading them, though being underwater made it hard for Silas to hear them. The scout did not leave the group again, as they were now close to the city. The closer they came to the bubble, to more Silas started to worry. Right now they were swimming through the water, but once they passed through the bubble, the water would be gone, and they would be left hanging in the air, at they were approaching the bubble from the top, right above the center of Impa.

Fortunately, the Zora mage seemed to have a solution for the problem. He was the first to pass through the bubble, seemingly falling to the ground, until he slowed himself down with a simple gesture of his hand. Once the rest of the group, the two Sheikahs included, passed through, he did the same, giving them a relatively soft landing on the solid ground. Upon impact, the bubbles covering the brothers' faces simply burst, leaving a small trace of the ointment.

Silas was the first to get up, wiping the remnants of ointment off his face and stretched his limbs, glad to feel solid ground underneath his feet. He looked around, trying to assess the situation. The Zoras had dropped them off right in what was once Impa's main square, which was now littered with rubble and debris from the attack. Hyrule's army, or what was left of it, was also stationed there, and in the process of gathering the remaining citizens in the town hall.

One of the soldiers, a gruff and large man, approached the group. Silas recognised him as the current commander, Onox. He saluted, and the large man returned the gesture.

"General Onox, I presume? I'm Silas Longfellow, my arrival should've been announced."

"Aye, we've been expecting you, mister Longfellow. You being send was one of the few messages we've managed to recieve, seeing as we have limited means of communication with the surface down here... A few scouts and messengers, though we can't keep them running forever and this damn place is getting more dangerous by the second." Onox said, growling in frustration. Then, he noticed Sirius.

"I'm not sure if we were expecting you as well, sir. Though the message might've gone lost. It wouldn't be the first... Anyway, no one would come here willingly, I assume someone send you to help as well?"
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Upon landing, Sirius took out a drenched handkerchief and wrung it out to remove the remainder of the goo from his face. Once done with his own face, he knelt down to Rover's height, to wipe down his muzzle as well. He let Silas handle the pleasantries with the army for now, removing the beast's leash. Now that there was no magic or strange goo this close to his face, he wouldn't need it to stay calm. Instead, Rover started sniffing around, never wandering far from his master's side and wagging his docked tail rapidly. Sirius was about to walk over and tap him on the head to get his attention, when Onox addressed him.

He hid his frustration. "I was sent, yes." Calmly, he held out his hand for a shake. "Professor Sirius Longfellow, Battle Wizard associated with the Academy of the Sages in Hyrule Castle Town. The board of directors sent me to lend aid in name of the Academy." He looked around, partially to see what Rover was up to but also to assess the situation. "I recall the board sent word of my mission, but as you say, the message may have been lost due to circumstances. Will we be allowed to investigate independently, or do you have specific tasks for us?"
  13. Squishy

"Ah, my apologies then." Onox said, upong hearing Sirius. "At any rate, I actually have a request to make of you... It's just a rumour, but the townsfolk keep whispering about having seen Nihil in the streets... My men are busy gathering everyone in the town hall and keeping them safe, I can't miss any of them to look for the general. I know I shouldn't send you out on a wild goose chase for a dead man, but..." He sighed, and leant in closer to the brothers.

"If he is alive, we need him. Something is hunting us out there. We're starting to lose more and more mages, and at one point we won't have enough to keep the city afloat and filled with air. My men are tired and scared. They follow my orders simply because I am highest in command now, but I don't know for how long it will last. I fear I might not be able to control the situation for much longer." Onox lips' settled in a thin line, eyeing the two Sheikahs.

Silas had to take everything in for a moment, as he knew the situation was bad, but not this bad. He was about to ask the man about any rumours regarding tensions between the army and the citizens, but decided against it when he say how exhausted Onox looked. And right now something hunting them down seemed to be the bigger problem. Silas cleared his throat.

"Any idea what might be hunting you?"

"There's the regular pests like Chuchus, River Zoras, anything that was already bothering us when we were still on the surface, but there's also something... different. I have not personally seen it myself, but my soldiers report people suddenly disappearing, especially those out on their own, hence why we're gathering everyone. It can't be the work of those worthless blobs, and Zoras tend to leave their killed prey behind. No one seems to know the exact details, since no one has yet survived an attack. All we know is that people are disappearing, and fast."

Silas nodded, then turned to his brother.

"Seems like we've got our work cut out for us, brother."
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "We always have our work cut out for us," Sirius reminded him. He removed his sword from its scabbard on his back and tested the edge. He'd done so before they left, but he needed to busy his hands while he thought. The academy had presumed General Nihil dead, following his disappearance. If he had truly been sighted alive and well, then there was only one explanation, as much as Sirius hated to think it. That would mean he truly had deserted the king's armies. He sighed deeply as he realized that if they concluded this theory was correct, they would have to kill him for his treachery.

"Let's get going," he said, snapping his fingers to draw Rover to attention. "Where was he last sighted?"
  15. Squishy

Onox shuffled through some reports in his hands and took out a slightly crumpled sheet of parchment, handing it over to Silas.

"According to the citizens, he was last seen on the eastern outskirts of town. I think that would be your safest bet to start searching. Just go past the town hall and keep going until you come to a bridge."

Behind the men, the murmur of the people gathered suddenly increased in volume. Onox looked back, worried, and gathered up his reports once more.

"'My apologies, I have to leave you now." He said in a hurried voice. The general started to turn around and hurry back, but not before stopping for just a moment.

"You'd better be on your guard out there. Good luck."

And then he was gone in the crowd.

Silas looked at the retreating men with a mix of worry and curiosity, but then he shook his head. The citizens were not his priority now. He had gotten his orders for this mission, any emotions he had were not of importance, as he had learned in the past what could happen if he let his emotions interfere.

He brusquely turned around, starting off in the direction the general had pointed out.

"Let's get to work."
  16. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Let's." As Silas stormed off, Sirius followed behind him, Rover falling in beside his master. He had not missed the sudden forming uproar, but decided that it was not his task to calm them. He was here as a Battle Wizard, not as a diplomat. "Day one," he muttered to himself, "Twelve thirty-seven in the afternoon." He started to summarize the events thus far, as well as replicating the information Onox had given them. He didn't write any of it down, nor did he have anything on him that could record his voice, but he found that dictating his report to himself helped him remember better. He may not be able to reproduce every single word later, but he would remember the gist of it.

As they walked and left the line of sight of most of the civilians, he reached behind his back and whipped out his shortsword, spinning it in one hand for a few seconds before keeping it in a deceivingly light grip. "So," he said, testing the tip against his finger, "What do you think could be responsible for the disappearances?"
  17. Squishy

Silas shrugged, a dark look on his face.

"I don't know. It's so... it's so strange. I mean, people suddenly disappearing off the streets? With not a trace to be found?" He took out the sheet of parchment again, sliding a finger past the lines of text, trying to find anything that might give them more information. "I've encountered a lot throughout the years, but never something like this."

The water surrounding the city gave everything a ghostly blue glow, shadows of the waves above shimmered across the buildings and pavement. Silas was lost in thought, studying the sheet. It was a collection of statements from citizens and soldiers alike, all having said to have seen the missing general. Most of them simply mentioned a dark figure in the distance, while others spoke of something with an unsettling lurching gait, as if it was only barely human. At any rate, none of the statements gave the Sheikah any hope.

"Hmph. That won't be of much help..." He muttered, folding the sheet up and tucking it back into his clothes.

"I've never heard of anything like this. Though it's bound to be connected to all this." Silas gestured at the water surrounding them.
  18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Don't lie to me, Silas," Sirius said, not raising his voice but speaking to his brother in a stern voice not unlike what he used to scold a student who had given him a terrible excuse for not having done their homework. "I know you've 'disappeared' people in the past." Somewhere, he was still bitter about his forced career switch. He liked his work, and he enjoyed working with students; that was why he had offered to become guidance counsellor for a dozen of them. However, the way in which he had been forced to take the job still weighed on him, and being near Silas who still had a Sheikah-worthy profession only made it worse. "So don't tell me that you've 'never seen anything like it.'"

Suddenly, Rover tensed up and growled lowly, his legs wide and his head low. Sirius stopped walking, holding out his left arm to block Silas' path, and gripped his blade slightly more tightly. "Hostiles," he said, pointing in the direction that Rover was growling in. They didn't have to wait long. Around the corners of wrecked homes, a small group of River Zoras scuttled towards them, their eyes hungry and their bodies hunched over. There was no question as to what they wanted, and Sirius turned the palm of his left hand up, ready to cast a spell. "You take the two small ones," he said, "Rover and I will handle the one who looks like he's actually eaten much of anything recently."
  19. Squishy

Silas raised an eyebrow, giving his brother an unimpressed look.

"That 'stern teacher' trick doesn't work on me, I'm afraid. I'm your elder brother remember? And besides, I've been properly raised by mum and dad to not tell lies." He said, a slight smile playing around his lips, before settling in a thin line again. "If I knew what it was we wouldn't be wandering around here, deperately looking for clues. Be honest, you know that just as well. When I 'disappear' people, as you put it, they are people who pose a danger to the king. These people were simple civilians, no connections whatsoever, save for them living in the same town."

When the Zoras appeared, Silas cracked his fingers. The creatures looked absolutely starved, and hunger had made them slow. An easy match. The first one went down when it took the Sheikah's dagger to the throat, after Silas had thrown a handful of needles at it's face and rushed up behind it while it was howling in pain.

The second one, however, was slightly more alert. It managed to dodge a needle thrown in it's direction, but only by a hair's width. Silas circled it with his dagger drawn, looking for an opening. He got it when the Zora spat a ball of fire at him. The Sheikah jumped to the side, dodging the projectile, and immediately jumped forward, slashing at the creature's eyes. The Zora screeched and covered it's eyes with it's hands, crawling back. Silas simply followed the creature, flexing his hands. Before coming here, he had been practicing a new technique he found in a book in the castle's library, and this was the perfect moment to try it out.

He grabbed the Zora by the neck, who weakly tried to claw at his hands, but the pain and hunger had weakened it significantly.

'Rest in peace...'

Flames burst from Silas' hands, and the Zora went limp.
  20. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    While Silas went off to fight the little ones, the larger one growled low and moved towards the elder Sheikah. "I think not," Sirius muttered to himself, gathering magic power in his upturned hand. Knowing that he would need some time to prepare the spell, he gestured towards Rover with his shortsword to get the hound's attention, and then towards the River Zora. Rover got the hint, barrelling forwards and colliding with the larger aquatic monster's shins with a deafening bark.

The Zora stumbled backwards even as Rover wheeled around, circled to behind the beast and leapt up against it, snapping at its neck. He missed, and padded out of the way when Sirius raised his left hand above his head. By now, the younger Sheikah had gathered enough magic in it and formed a ball of black energy, similar in size to his head, and focused intently to keep the energy from falling into pieces. The Zora, realising what his prey was doing, inhaled and spat a fireball in Sirius's direction.

At around the same moment, Sirius sent his Shadow Ball forward to collide with the fireball. As he threw it, he started to move, resting his weight on his good leg before shooting forward not unlike a bolt out of a crossbow, moving low over the ground and crossing the distance between himself and the monster quickly. He passed by the two spells just as they collided, the fire sizzling angrily as the black matter tried to dissolve it. As expected, the two elements cancelled each other out, Sirius's Shadow Ball having some power left but having been robbed of its momentum and dissipating harmlessly.

Sirius, by now, had reached the larger Zora and stood upstraight, ignoring the searing pain in his leg as he rammed his shortsword, held in an icepick grip, into the Zora's chest where he supposed the heart would be in almost any humanoid. The force of the impact sent the Zora to the ground, where it struggled for a few seconds until Rover closed his powerful jaws around its thin neck.

Taking his shortsword back and sheathing it without bothering to clean it, Sirius turned to Silas. "Good work," he said, nodding briefly before snapping his fingers to get Rover's attention. "Rover, go see if there's more of them around," he said, gesturing his hand in a circular motion. The dog barked his understanding and padded away, trailing Zora blood behind him. "He won't be hard to find later. Silas... did you notice anything funny about these Zora?"