The Sunken City [Darksea] [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Squishy, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"Something funny? Well, I think if I had a stick I could play their ribs like an instrument. I'm surprised they were still standing. Then again, I suppose this whole..." Silas gestured at the water surrounding them on all sides. "This whole thing is odd. I wouldn't count on what's right on the surface down here... This is not Hylian territory anymore, or any civilised folk's."

And it wasn't. While Impa might have been a Hylian settlement when it was still attached to the land and it's skies had been air instead of water, the rules had changed now it was sinking. They were in the territory of creatures like those hungry Zoras, and whatever else lurked in the dark depths beyond the bubble.

"I suggest we keep moving until we reach the edge of town. Most monsters will be hiding out there and there might be clue as to what's going on. Or, more importantly, how we can stop it before it's too late."
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "You're right." Sirius followed after his brother, Rover hot on his heels. "Green Zoras are omnivores in the most literal meaning of the word. They'll eat anything they can get their hands on. If they were so emaciated... well, I think we can safely clear their names as far as the disappearances go. If they were responsible, they would have devoured their victims."

As they wandered the streets, Sirius explaining his deductions to Silas, the younger Sheikah had the distinct feeling that he was being watched by something. It was not a pleasant feeling, to be sure, and he fiddled with his sword nervously, finally putting it away so he wouldn't betray his anxiety to the elder. "My hunch is that when we find what's been causing the disappearances, we can clear up a lot of the issues Onox's forces are dealing with right now. Eliminating this threat may calm the people and restore their faith in the military. It's of utmost importance that we find it and--" he interrupted himself, suppressing a cry of disgust. "What in all the hells of the Golden Goddesses is THAT?!"
  3. Squishy

Silas listened to his younger brother, nodding in agreement and pretending not to see the other fiddling with his weaponry from the corner of his eye. He was about to give a response when Sirius suddenly cried out, prompting the elder Sheikah to jump in surprise.

Something was moving in their direction a little bit further down the street. At first it looked like a regular Chuchu, except it seemed to be glowing with an unnatural purple light. And then there were it's teeth... On what Silas guessed to be it's front end the creature had a huge, circular maw filled with countless of razorsharp teeth, twitching and clacking, eager to sink into a prey.

"That's no Chuchu." The elder Sheikah said, shuddering in disgust. Just looking at it already gave him a nauseous feeling, as if he was looking at a bloated leech blown up to too many times it's normal size. The creature moved slowly, but the closer it got the more the air around it changed, giving off the same sense the air has right before a thunderstorm, as if it was laden with electricity. Then, suddenly, without any warning the blob launched itself at the two men. Silas whipped to the side and drew his weapons, the creature only barely missing him and leaving a zinging sensation of electricity in the air.

The creature landed with a splat, shuddered, and with a rattling shriek turned on the brothers again. But this time, it was not alone. It's shriek seemed to have attracted another of it's kind, who came slithering out a broken sewage pipe, echoing the other's eerie sound.

"Why did no one tells us about these things?!"
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sirius dived to a side along with Silas, the hairs on his bare arm closest to the creature standing on end as the electricity fizzled past them. Silas cried out in disgust, wondering why they hadn't been alerted to its existence by Onox, but Sirius raised his hand as he saw the second one appear. "There's a good chance we may be the first to encounter them," he said. "Either that, or no one who's seen them has lived to tell the tale..." He made a face. "That is beyond a doubt the most disgusting thing I've seen in a long time, though. Don't get between it and me for a moment." With those words, he launched a Shadow Ball towards the nearest one.

The ChuChu-like leech leapt just as Sirius cast his spell, and the ball of magic disappeared into the monster's mouth. For a moment, a dark shape could be observed moving through the yellow jelly-like substance that its body consisted of, before impacting the tail end and disappearing. As the Shadow Ball impacted though, the leech recoiled and dove into a small ball, as though it were terrified. "They can feel fear," Sirius said, amazed. Before he could do anything else, though, he had to step aside and arch his torso backwards to dodge the second one, which had tried to bite his chest.

He took a few steps back and drew his sword with one hand, rapidly switching a few times between his normal grip and an icepick grip before settling on the latter and pushing the pommel against the palm of his other hand. "Wait until they're stunned if you want to attack up close," he told Silas as he gathered magic in both hands. "I can only use either of these spells every once in a while, so you may want to rely on distance attacks. Something tells me we don't want to let them bite us."

With that, he shut his eyes to focus on the final phase of the enchantment, his sword blade turning pitch black and dimming the light in maybe an inch's radius around it. He found himself mildly unsettled by both these effects and the evil power radiating from the blade, but swallowed and told himself it was a side effect of the magic and not a sentient being trying to harm him. When the second monster leapt again, he switched grips so he held the sword normally in one hand, and met it with a downward arc.

The sword impacted the monster violently, the evil radiating from it moving from blade to monster and sending it to the ground, where it cringed. Apparently, the effect was much stronger on a weapon than it was in a projectile. Sirius switched back to his icepick grip and stepped back, raising his other hand to conjure up needles. "I need a minute to repeat the enchantment, and another ten seconds for Shadow Ball," he said to Silas. "I'll warn you when I'm about to use either."
  5. Squishy

"Just give a shout when you need me." Silas said with a wink. "I'll protect my baby brother. Oh, and you might want to stay close for this one."

He had his knife drawn, laying two fingers on the blade while taking a deep breath, before grabbing Sirius' arm and whirling around. No sooner than he had stopped the very ground around the Sheikahs lit up in a circle, and slowly but surely the ground started to crackle and spark and a wall of lightning rose.

"That should keep them out of hair for now." The taller Sheikah muttered. He used his free hand to summon a handful of needles. Since the creatures seemed to be have some sort of electricity running through them, it would be impossible to engange them in a close-range battle, as every touch could be his last. Instead the two brothers would have to resort to other means of fighting, and maintaining a safe distance.

The creatures were once again rounding in on the two, and Silas released a volley of needles on one of them. With horror he saw how the needles simply stuck into its gelatinous body, without causing any apparent harm.

'Time to try something a little more drastic...'

The Sheikah waited until the creature crept close again, flipping his knife around in his hand to get the best grip, counting down to the moment for his next attack.

"...Two... ONE!" As the creature jumped, Silas launched the knife at it, tearing right through the middle of it's body. The two halves hit the ground with a squelching sound, violently twitching as they seemed to shrivel up, leaving only two small, shriveled shapes behind, no bigger than a hand.

"So that's how you kill them..." The elder Sheikah looked over his shoulder to his brother.

"When you're ready I'll drop the wall!"
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Knowing of his brother's defensive powers, Sirius went along with Silas's movements, putting their backs against each other as the electric wall was put up. It had happened in a matter of seconds, but he wanted to be absolutely certain his spells were ready for use once more. Thus, he waited, spending his time observing the field outside the wall. Silas killed the first of the creatures, revealing that their centres were extremely vulnerable. To Sirius's relief, the beast did not split into two like Chus did. Another trait they don't share, his scholar's mind thought, so they really are a different species altogether...

While he looked, an angry bark sounded, following by the noise of four paws thudding on the ground very quickly. Sirius hurried to toss his needles to the ground in front of the dog. "DOWN, Rover!" he called. The Rottweiler didn't know about the electricity coursing through the monsters, and even if he did, he wouldn't realise that meant he could very well die if he bit them. Point of fact was that Rover was useless in this battle. As per usual, Rover came to an abrupt halt behind the needles, sat down, and stayed there, although his head stayed low and he kept growling at the remaining monster.

"Silas!" Sirius called, sheathing his blade and extending one hand, "I'm taking out the last one! Drop the wall!" He was barely finished speaking when the electricity around him dissipated. The moment it did, he sent a Shadow Ball soaring towards the remaining monster. It had redirected its attention to Rover and turned away from Sirius and Silas, exposing its middle to the younger Sheikah's spell. The ball of pure darkness collided with the electric beast, which snapped into two and shrivelled into little seaweed-like pieces, with an ear-piercing shriek of fear.

Sirius ran his hand over his bad leg, concluding that he only felt a dull ache and could still walk on it, and walked over to his hound. "Good job, Rover. Heel." With that, Rover got up and followed behind Sirius as he intended to inspect the remnants of the monsters. As he did so, though, he noticed that Rover had something in his mouth. An iron bar, about the size of a thin tree branch. "I thought I'd taught you not to pick up every little thing you see laying about," he said, reaching for it. "Where did you find that?" To his surprise, when he took hold of it, not only was he given a brief static shock, but Rover growled and pulled on it. Sirius shook his head. "I don't have time to play with you. Silas, thoughts? On the monsters, not on Rover."
  7. Squishy

"I'm gonna give my thoughts on Rover anyway, he's a very cute boy." Silas gave the dog a big smile and quick scratch behind the ear. "Much better company than you are sometimes." He added with a shrug.

"But anyway, the monsters... I guess 'gross' and 'freaky' come to mind first. I've never seen anything quite like it, really. They're like Chus, but... deadly? No doubt it's got to do with all this." The Sheikah waved at the watery surroundings outside the town.

Then he picked up one of the remaining bits of monster, holding it between his thumb and index finger, as if it might hurt him to touch it. All shrivelled up it was almost unrecognisable. Had it not tried to kill them only minutes ago, they might have thought it to be a simple piece of garbage or debris.

"No clue." Silas concluded his short inspection, holding the shrivelled up piece out to Sirius. "Wanna hold on to it for later? Further study at the academy?" Then he looked to Rover, who was eyeing him with big, hopeful eyes. "No, that's not a treat, buddy. This is a big bad piece of monster and not good for doggies like you, no no no~ Buuut..." He lowered his voice to a mock whisper. "If you're a really good boy today, I might sneak you some treats while Sirius is not looking."

Giving Rover a last pat on the head, the Sheikah turned back to his sibling.

"I suppose we just press on to the edge of town. Though we probably want to keep an eye out for more of these... surprises."
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Don't talk to him like that," Sirius said, irritated, "You'll get him excited." He looked at the shrivelled piece of -thing- that his brother held out to him, but finally sighed and took it from him between thumb and index finger himself. "I think I'll take it, actually. If it's a new type of monster recently evolved, chances are Ganon's influence has had a hand in it. Researching it could give us some good insights..." he grimaced. "The things I won't do for the good of Hyrule." He put the thing away, turning back to Rover and using his element of surprise to take the iron rod from him. This time, he didn't get shocked, and he held the bar out in front of him, frowning. Something was radiating from it, but he couldn't place it...

"I agree, though," he said, gesturing with the rod. "It definitely has something to do with the current situation, and we should press on. The sooner we find Nihil, the better it will be." He lowered his hand, leading towards the edge of town and keeping an eye out for any sorts of monsters, either familiar or unfamiliar.
  9. Squishy

The rest of the way to the edge of town was relatively uneventful. The further they got away from the centre, the more rundown the buildings became, having taken the biggest blows that sank the city beneath the waves. A few times Silas was sure he saw more of the odd, slimy black creatures crawling around from the corner of his eye, but every time he turned there was nothing.

The very edge of Impa was a most alien sight. The pavement simply stopped in midair, stray bits of stone and clumps of dirt hanging from the larger rocks. Behind it loomed the water of the sea, held back by an invisible barrier. Half of Silas was tempted to try and stick his hand into the water depths, but the other half knew it was probably a very bad idea. If it did not disturb the barrier, or worse, break it, no one knew what was lurking outside of it in the darkness.

A sudden noise in a nearby building startled the Sheikah from his thoughts.

Something was moving inside one of the more ruined houses. A figure stumbled out, teetering dangerously to one side before it lurched back into a more straight-up position. Silas' stomach dropped when he realised that the figure was wearing a familiar armour. The crest on the chest plate was, although battered, unmistakably the sigil of the royal family, along with a smaller one underneath denoting the family of the wearer. Once it had been the polished and impressive-looking armour of a general, but it had been riddled with dents, holes and scratches, as well as several burn marks.

The wearer of the armour did not fare much better. The once Hylian features had been torn apart, leaving the face a mess of burns, loose strands and flaps of flesh and shards of bone and various debris. But the most terrifying thing of all was the dark, gelatinous blob that had attached itself to the head, rows of sharp teeth sunk deeply into the torn flesh.

Judging by the armour and its sigils, it seemed they had found their man. Or whatever was left of him.

Even though Silas had seen more than his fair share of wounded and dead people, the very sight before him made him feel ill. To see the once so brilliant military leader reduced to a shambling mess of snapped bones and torn skin, seemingly kept alive by the thing on his head. That the original general Nihil was dead, was clear. No one could sustain that much damage and still live.

Gesturing to his brother, the elder Sheikah crept behind a crumbling wall, out of sight of the other creature. So far, it had not yet noticed the two, and if they kept quiet enough, it would stay that way for a little while longer.

"Are you sure this is the better option?" Silas asked in a whisper, turning back to his brother with a disgusted look on his face. "I already knew this mission was going to give me trouble sleeping, but now I think it's also starting to give me trouble to keep down my lunch."
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sirius pulled on Rover's collar, pulling him behind the wall next to himself and Silas. He gestured to Silas that he had to be quiet, while he observed the... being... that had yet to spot them. Miraculously, Rover kept from growling and snarling. Sirius put a hand on the wall and peeked over it, ready to dive back into cover if the thing turned around.

What he had already inferred from Silas's words was only confirmed by the sight of Nihil's armour. The general was no more, reduced to a shadow of his former self by... whatever means that thing on his head employed. Wait... of course! "They're electricity-based creatures," he hissed to Silas, "but not only in their attacks. Look." He waited until Silas was looking at the thing too, pointing at what was left of Nihil's face. "Do you see that? His head is exposed, and the thing bit into it. I suspect it's now sending electric signals to Sir Nihil's brain, controlling his corpse that way." If it was a corpse they were looking at, at least. Sirius shuddered at the alternative.

He lowered himself back behind the wall and looked at Silas. "You're smart enough to have figured that out yourself, of course. Silas, I don't think I strictly need to say this." He gave his brother a pointed stare. "Whatever happens, do not let one of those things bite into any of your exposed skin. And if push comes to shove and one gets me, kill me before..." he gestured with his hand. "I turn into that." More importantly, though, how were they going to make him stop moving? "We have to help him out of his misery, brother. If the people see him like this, the panic will only spread."
  11. Squishy

Silas already had his suspicions, but hearing his brother confirm them sent a shiver down his spine. The determination with which his brother finished his observation was even worse.

He could only pray it would not come to either of them having to kill the other. He could not fail protecting his younger sibling again.

"Same for me... I guess." The silver-haired man muttered darkly. He turned to Sirius with a solemn face, putting a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Watch out, okay? Besides being a brilliant fighter and general, the guy's got a big sword. And then there's the armour, no matter if it looks like a sieve. If you hit your limits, don't get cocky, don't push yourself, just make sure you get away."

That he did not want to lose him, he did not say. Sirius had never been one for sappy declarations. Still, Silas patted him on the cheek.

"You're my little brother and I have to look out for you."

The elder Sheikah got to his feet and clambered over the wall, hiding behind the ruins of a shop to keep out of sight of the moving corpse. The ground felt strangely springy under his feet, as if he was walking on soft earth instead of pavement.

"This feels a little... odd." Silas murmured to himself, looking down at the stones below him, that seemed to be ever so slightly trembling underneath his feet. Though perhaps not even 'slightly' anymore, he noted with a hint of panic.

But before he could move, the pavement under his feet gave way with a loud, rumbling roar, dropping the Sheikah into the sewer below the street. And while the general might not have been alerted to their presence before, the sudden noise could not have been ignored by anyone. Slowly but surely, he was making his way towards the source of the sound, spilling blood and shrapnel with every lurching step.
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Silas!" It was inevitable that Nihil had noticed the elder Sheikah, with the noise that had heralded his falling down into the sewers, and Sirius lept out of his cover, wincing as he landed on his bad leg, and gestured his companion over. "Rover!" he called, "Get down there with him and keep an eye on him!" Rover barked as if voicing his understanding and followed his orders, not hesitating longer than a second before jumping down into the sewage, landing with a splash and giving himself a good shake before padding over to Silas.

"And now you..." Sirius muttered, turning around to face the slowly approaching Nihil. He didn't know Silas's situation, but chances were that his movement was restricted, allowing Nihil to corner him if he were allowed to give chase. Sirius, on the other hand, knew part of the city from where they had walked to get here, and had basically unrestricted movement in all directions. He had to lure the monster behind him, instead... Conjuring up a handful of needles, he gave a sharp whistle and threw the projectiles at it. "Over here!" he called, before turning around and bracing himself.

This was going to hurt.
  13. Squishy

The Sheikah groaned in pain, carefully moving his arms and legs to see if he had damaged anything vital. By some miraculous stroke of luck, it seemed he was unharmed, save for his dignity and a few bruises.

A series of barks and a large splash nearby told him Rover had also dropped down into the sewer. Silas gave the animal a quick pat on the back, before pulling himself to his feet. Nihil, or whatever he was now, had definitely heard them now. Above him, he could hear shuffling steps approaching, along with the groaning of metal on stone. Did the former general carry any weapons with him? And Sirius was up there alone...

Movements behind him distracted Silas for a moment. He whipped around, and he was sure the shadow of something large moved on a wall far in the back of the sewer. But just as quick as it had appeared, it was gone, leaving nothing but a slightly damp, empty wall.

Then, a loud bang from above drew his attention back to the matter at hand. It seemed the ex-general's body was still intact and strong enough to swing around that large sword of his. Sirius was in serious danger now. Silas looked over the rubble that had come down with him, looking for a way back up. Perhaps if that particular pile of stones would carry his weight, he could hoist himself up on the edge...

"Hold on, Sirius! I'm coming!"
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    ....this had been a bad idea. And yet, Sirius noted as he cautiously opened one eye, he wasn't dead. He was standing on his good leg, having turned his body to one side when Nihil had brought his enormous sword down on where he had been standing. In his dedication to not letting the general corner Silas, running away hadn't been an option for the younger Sheikah, and so waiting for the very last moment to dodge had been his only chance at successfully distracting him. At least Nihil was focused on him now.

The thing on top of Nihil's head seemed to get frustrated with him and lurched at him with its free end, attempting to shock him. In a reflex, Sirius held up both hands as he stepped back, to parry what he didn't dodge, but to his surprise, none of the electricity made it to his skin. Confused, he looked at his hand and realised he was still holding the small, metal rod that Rover had brought him before. Except now, it was crackling with a surge of power... had it absorbed the electricity? Sirius's mind raced. If it had absorbed but not neutralised the energy, chances were it could shoot back. He took another step back, luring Nihil after him, and took the metal rod in one hand much like some of his students held their wands.

Magic was simple once one understood the basics. And with a conduct like this rod, which stored and readied the energy on its own, using it was pathetically easy for a practiced mage. All he had to do was visualise the electricity leaving the rod and jumping to Nihil. He jabbed it forward to facilitate the jump, and sure enough, the electricity jumped, giving Nihil a nasty shock and making him stagger backwards a bit. Sirius wasted no time following up with a Shadow Ball aimed at the blob on his head. Just like the ones from before, the blob was affected by the shadow magic, and afraid as it suddenly was, it made Nihil step back continuously.

Sirius approached, drawing his sword with his free hand and switching hands so that he held it in his dominant hand and the lightning rod in the other. He enchanted his sword, knowing that fear would be a powerful weapon against this monster.

Nihil was almost on the edge of the sewage now. Smelling the approach of something unnatural, Rover stopped panting and tilting his head at Silas and turned to the edge, growling angrily.
  15. Squishy

He had not yet heard anything from his brother. Which was either really good, or really bad.

Silas frantically looked at the rubble around him, trying to find a way up that could carry both him and Rover. So far, he had very little options. None in fact. If the pile of rubble he had been eyeing was as sturdy as it looked, he could use it as a step to grab the edge of the hole and pull himself up, but he doubted the dog would be able to do the same.

A bark at his side drew his attention.

"Hm...?" The Sheikah's eyes widened as he noticed the wooden board Rover was standing on. "Oh good boy, Rover! You're a smart one, aren't you?" He said, shooing the canine over to pick up the board. It looked sturdy enough for what he needed to do with it...

"Alright, boy, I need you to stand on this end..." Silas patted one end of the board, which he had balanced on the edge of a large piece of pavement. "And then I will jump on this end, and hopefully it will work."

He took a few steps backwards, muttering a quick prayer to whichever deity was listening to let his plan work. If it did not, he would not only have a re-animated rampaging corpse, a less than happy dog, but most terrifying of all, an irate brother to deal with. But it was all that came to mind. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

Silas dashed forward, jumping down as hard as he could on the other end of the board.

"Incoming dog!"
  16. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Incoming... dog? "Wooooof!"

Sirius fought the very strong urge to bury his face in his hands when Rover was launched out of the sewers and into Nihil's back. The enormous hound bowled him over and he broke Rover's fall, so that was something, he guessed, but he needed a good few seconds to both recover from the shock and regain his composure and restraint. "And here I thought the older brother was supposed to be the more mature of the two." Sighing and gesturing with the hand in which he held the lightning rod, he summoned Rover back to his side. "Here, boy. Careful. He stings." Rover barked, but didn't attack. Sirius decided not to wait for Silas to show up.

At some point, he'd have to learn to rely on his own wit to keep him alive in these situations, rather than that of someone who wasn't injured. Nihil started to get back to his feet, prompting Rover to growl at him as a warning. Sirius considered his options. He couldn't count on the blob on Nihil's head to keep using electricity, so he dropped the lightning rod, telling himself he'd pick it up later, and instead took his sword in two hands. If he could find an opportunity to cut that thing loose from the general's head... that would work, right?

As Nihil got to his feet, Sirius leapt forward, stabbing the blade of his enchanted sword into the crackling blob. It was a mistake- the impact, the shadow enchantment, and the subsequent barrage of electric signals to the long-dead brain resulted in Nihil lashing out with a large, greaved foot. Sirius soon realised where that foot was going, and lost his balance, his leg painfully reminded of the wound he had taken so long ago. Screaming in pain, he fell to the ground in front of Nihil, his sword falling next to him.

Rover barked, snarled, and began to run over to where they were, determined to protect his master in this vulnerable state.
  17. Squishy

Immediately after launching Rover, Silas set to getting himself out of the sewer as well.

The pile of rubble had not been as sturdy as he had hoped, as it fell apart underneath his feet, but it gave him just enough of a step to be able to grab the edge of the pavement and pull himself up onto the streets again. The first thing he saw was Nihil striking a vicious blow to his brother's bad leg, downing the Sheikah with one kick.

"Sirius! No!"

Ignoring the sinking feeling in his stomach, Silas dashed over to his brother, pulling up a protective barrier to shield them from Nihil's next blow, which send a rain of sparks in all directions on collision.

He dropped the barrier and grabbed Sirius' sword off the ground, blocking another blow, needing two hands to counter the strength of the former general. He had to create distance between them, fast. Keeping the sword ready to block more blows coming their way, Silas moved his other hand to draw a line on the ground, muttering something under his breath. A line began to glow on the ground, and as he dragged Sirius backwards, a wall of crackling electricity shot up from the ground, trapping and electrocuting Nihil, who had been advancing on them.

Out of breath and sure there were now quite some steps between them and Nihil, Silas gently let go of his younger brother.

"It's not much, but I've given us a few seconds. Think you can stand?"
  18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Yeah," Sirius said through gritted teeth. "Don't think I have much of a choice." Silas let go of him, but Sirius grabbed hold of the elder's arm to stabilise himself until he had both feet firmly on the ground, and took a deep breath before letting go. Wait. Silas's Wall of Hazards... it was charged with electricity! "The Lightning Rod!" Sirius gasped, looking around for the metal rod, and picked it up to point it in the direction of the wall. "We have to somehow fight fire with fire," he explained to Silas, "Or rather, electric impulses with electric impulses. He gets spastic when attacked with electricity. Cover me, I'll see if I can get his brain." Overloading the brain so it would shut down? He didn't know if it would work. Still, it was worth a shot.

The Wall of Hazards fell away, leaving Sirius's crackling and sparking lightning rod as the only source of electricity. "No promises on the brain thing though... We still have to avoid that thing on top of him." He felt the colour drain from his face as he imagined the thing being sapient and realising that either of the two intact, fully (or at least largely) unscathed and well-functioning bodies might be more efficient than the wrecked one it currently had. Still, he shook the thought and took the lightning rod in one hand so he could maneuvre it better.

He couldn't blindly jab at Nihil. His sources of electricity were very limited.
  19. Squishy

Silas listened to his brother, a grin appearing on his face, despite their situation.

"I always knew you were the smart one."

The shock from the wall had left the former general stunned, its wild twitching slowly subsiding. It did seem that a lot of electricity affected either the body or the thing on its head. Perhaps it was worth a try...

"Right. So you need electricity." The elder Sheikah said, flexing his fingers. He moved slowly backwards, keeping an eye on the walking corpse, which seemed to have recovered from its earlier attack. "If you're feeling risky I'd say try to absorb whatever comes off him or his sword..." He did hope his brother would be able to move with that leg of his. Just in case, he stayed close. "And of course I can summon another wall. Anyway, we'd better come up with something quickly, he's gaining on us."

And Nihil did. He had closed in on the brothers again, though his movements appeared to be more erratic than before. Silas pulled his brother back, summoning another wall of crackling electricity. The thing on Nihil's head let out another shriek, though it did not try to come closer to the wall. Using the distraction, Silas threw a handful of needles at the corpse, landing most in its face, and a few in the dark blob.

"Alright, tell me what you want me to do. You're the one with the magic stick."
  20. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Do not stand between him and me," Sirius said dryly, "this stuff is stronger than you think. If you could distract him though, so I could get to the brain without that... thing... interfering, that'd be great." He started to move, strafing away from Silas. Nihil's head turned to follow him. This wouldn't do at all... he needed a clear shot. Still, maybe it wouldn't hurt to open with a different kind of attack, just to create an opening. He didn't think tiring the monster out would work, since it wasn't using its body.

He stepped forward, jabbing the lightningrod at Nihil's neck. Predictably, the general twisted out of the way, causing Sirius to miss and the charge to be lost to the metal armour and harmlessly disappearing into the earth. At the same time, Nihil brought down his sword, forcing Sirius to step aside just enough that he could get the rod within reach. Sure enough, part of the charge jumped between weapons, giving Sirius a second shot. Again, he jabbed at the general's exposed neck, and this time, Sirius was fortunate. While he missed again, having to strike at an awkward angle so he could avoid being punched by the general's free hand, this time the rod was close enough for the electricity to make contact with the skin.

Nihil shuddered, locked in place for a second as the signals sent by the monster on his head were interrupted. "That's it!" Sirius called, "Silas! Once I have a new charge, try to lure him towards you and then give him a shock in the neck if possible! I think I can have him if you do that!"