Turn Back for What

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Guy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy offered a mildly exhausted expression. Normally he would have let Sienna vent everything she needed to vent--but at the moment, he felt an odd pressure to get out of here. Maybe it was all the priceless barrels waiting outside. Maybe it was because he still wasn't entirely sure if they could even return to their own time. Maybe it was--holy shit his arm almost ripped off his shoulder, the rope held in his hand pulled far too hard. Guy suddenly found himself flying down the corridor, aiming to face-plant into the ground below. He barely managed to propel to a near wall foot-first, clinging to it while skidding to a stop. He glared down, seeing Sienna clutching the other end of the rope.

"What." Sienna glared impatiently. How was she to know they still weren't ready for her? She sneered in a slightly mocking voice, "Have the Hylian do it."

A grunt of annoyance slipped out of Guy. He probably would have made a chide comment to anyone else, but knew it was wasted on that monster. She looked the part, too--her armor was drenched, and hands were dripping with gore. He didn't mind dirt, but stink was another matter. The last thing he wanted was for everything in his Adventure Pouch to reek of bug guts.

After recovering from the fall, Guy gave part of the rope to Julius. Before the two had even fully braced themselves, the rope abruptly sprung tight, and Sienna was clambering up to meet them.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Yeah, good thing I found that thing, I guess," Julius muttered under his breath, as he began to pull Sienna up.

He had grown tired during his time in this dungeon; now, all that was left was to finally return to their own time. Their own place. Of course, Julius knew peace would never last-- not for him, at least. Likely, not for any of the others, either. Either way, as he was standing there, heaving up the several-hundred-pound, four-foot tall goliath, whom had decided to bathe in bug guts, he remembered the barrels that they had set outside. He looked towards Guy. "Are you as excited as I am?"

Of course, Julius himself wasn't necessarily all that excited; whatever excitement he had felt had been replaced by a wanting -- no, a needing to return from whence they'd came. As Sienna was finally hoisted from the depths, he began to coil the rope, before quickly handing it to Guy. "Maybe try investing in some of that Cheval stuff next time, eh?" He commented to Guy. He knew Guy liked to be prepared for whatever they -- or he, more likely -- would come across. At least, that was Julius' impression of the Deku Scrub from the few adventures they'd been on together.

He turned his attention back to the rest of the temple. "Alright. I think it's time we got out of here... I don't feel right," the ebony armored knight spoke. He knew there was one more shaft they'd need to ascend. This was the final stretch, however, and then they'd be out.

He took the rope from Guy again. He knew the Scrub would have little difficulty propelling himself up there; or perhaps one of the other thirty tricks he knew Guy possessed. Really, Sienna was the only one in the group that lacked in mobility -- even then, she still possessed her Roc's Feather. Maybe she did need that hookshot, after all. Nah, Julius thought to himself, aiming his Hookshot up the shaft. He pressed a button and began to ascend once more, presumably with Guy trailing right behind him. Once up there, he hoisted Sienna up yet again.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy gave a slight grin. Assuming the exit worked as easily as it did an entrance, then yes, he was excited--more wealth was always a good thing.

A short while later, Guy answered him, "You're right about the Cheval Rope... It's a wonder Sienna hasn't split this hemp in half, yet." He gave a bit of a sigh, before hurling the tiny behemoth up yet another chute--again with the aid of Julius.

Sienna stuffed the rope back into Guy's hands, giving him the slightest, most immeasurably small nod for their assistance. Presumably that was gratitude. In Sienna's mind, all they really did was prevent her from wasting energy tearing down every wall of this place until she was outside of it again. It was a worthy task. Destroying inanimate objects wasn't much fun unless she was feeling particularly annoyed, after all. In any case, she pushed forward, in the general direction she presumed to be the exit. "Yes. Let's leave. I doubt there's anything else worth killing, here."

"...I wouldn't mind staying, or at least returning later on," Guy offered, shrugging, "Especially if there's any more loot to be had. That said, I would feel better knowing we would be able to return to our own time. I neglected to test out... whether or not the entrance also functioned as an exit. I'm not an expert on time travel, so I don't know if it would function in both directions the way a mere door would."

A short while passed, with the trio navigating mostly vacant hallways and chutes. Sienna idly added a couple more Skultullas--or Tektites? She didn't care--to her list of vanquished enemies, easily stealing quick but ultimately unsatisfying kills. They might as well have been Keese. Before too long, she pushed into what appeared to be the foyer--which was still littered with barrels stuffed with hopefully invaluable gunk.

"Alright. Let's get out of here." Guy gave a bit of a sigh. Rich as these barrels might make him, it was still going to be a bit of a hassle getting a caravan out to this remote region. Even Sienna couldn't--or at least wouldn't--carry them all back without some sort of vehicle.
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Yeah, I agree. As great as this place looks, I... don't think I'd enjoy staying here."

The group soon approached the portal of light they'd entered through earlier -- though now it was fading, bit by bit, just noticeable enough to draw slight worry from the group. It was less the vibrant yellow-white it'd been when they entered and more of a... gray-scale, now. It seemed like the more it was open, the less power it had, or something to that effect. Julius couldn't be sure -- wouldn't, either, as there was no time to search through his grandfather's journal. He hefted a barrel, and then another one. They weighed a goodly amount -- but not any more than Julius had ever lifted.

He hurriedly pushed himself through the portal -- the barrels remained, and didn't seem to get any lighter. Hopefully the stuff would still be good by the time they got out of whatever was causing the distortion. He knew Guy was definitely hoping for it to still be useful; after all, having what was, essentially, raw spacial energy for your personal use was not something everyone could say about themselves. Maybe Julius would gain use of it as well -- but that was a topic for another time.

He touched down onto the grass of the meadow and immediately let the barrels onto the ground. He, too, then collapsed, feeling an unnatural wave of fatigue pass his body. He wasn't sure how long they were gone. He wasn't sure if they had technically even arrived yet; weird time magic bullshit was at play, after all. He looked to the pedestal, before beginning to dig around in his pouch. He wondered if the Hookshot still worked.

He got the device from his pouch. The hook, or whatever was mounted onto it, was still gleaming like it'd just been polished -- perhaps the trip back preserved whatever artifacts they brought back as well? Which means... Julius looked into the barrel, seeing the amber substance reflect the light of the sun back into his face. It looked fine. All that was left now was to wait for Guy and Sienna to come back as well.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna heaved a barrel over each shoulder, despite being physically smaller than either of them--while still somehow miraculously carrying her ridiculously long glaive in one hand. Guy followed a short distance behind, though he was carefully rolling one barrel down the stairs, rather than wasting the energy trying to lift it. (Seriously, who the fuck just lifts several barrels at once.)

Guy breathed a sigh of relief, slumping against the barrel. He was relieved the nectar still seemed functional, but nonetheless felt... "Fuck, why am I so exhausted. I wonder if time travel causes fatigue, somehow...?"

Sienna plopped both barrels down, so hard the ground trembled slightly. Both siblings peered towards the fading door, watching with differing emotions as it vanished completely. Sienna offered the slightest of shrugs towards Guy, then glanced away, disinterested.

"...Better than being trapped in there, I guess." Guy sighed. He wanted to consider how it would be possible to open the portal again, but at the moment he was far too exhausted to ponder on the matter seriously. Five barrels--or three for the Denzritas--would still be a good haul, or so he assumed.

Pulling himself up, Guy whipped out his wooden commshell. Glancing towards Julius, he mentioned, "I'll get Gustav--one of my associates--to bring a caravan out here for Sienna and myself. I'm guessing you would prefer to travel separately?" With that said, he brought the magical mechanism to the side of his face and began trying to get Gustav's attention.

In the back of his mind, Guy found himself doubting whether or not a Captain of the guard was such a good associate to have. Either side could use or betray the other's association with law or crime, each for their own gains. He supposed it was a double-edged sword, for both of them...
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "I... think it would most likely be wiser for us to travel separate, yes." He answered to the Deku. He turned to Sienna. "I hope that sword is plenty enough for you; for now, at least. I'll keep training my skills, and should either of you have need for my talents... I would advise sending Gustav as a representative in your stead. I think it may be easiest for him to gain passage to me, without a hassle." He mumbled under his breath, "And more than a few casualties."

He continued to speak as he walked with them out of the meadow and past the two guardian statues. "Anyways, this should be plenty to get samples from. I think we'll have a working replica relatively soon." He laid the barrels down once more. He may be strong, but these barrels were rather heavy. "I'd give it... about a month, at least. At most, no more than two. When I last spoke with my associate, he seemed rather close to replicating it, and only needed a larger sample size." He stopped as they came across the Denrita's horses. "I suppose this is where we part, then. Farewell, to both of you, and if you see Gustav, please give him my regards." Julius would be sure to make haste back to Castle-Town; it was somewhat far, but it would only take him so much time. He had work to do.

(Thread end, thank god. Anyways, Julius got a Hookshot at 50r, earned 40r from completion, earned 6r from crafting, and 35r from Profession... So, he deducts ten roop from his total balance, earns approximately 41r from this thread, and lives to see another day, while being taken off of Sienna's shit list. Accomplishments.)
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna
    +40r: dungeon completion
    -36r: Sword crafted by Julius, using 3 Shadow Gems and 2 Compaction Seeds
    +8r from outfitter 4
    = 12 leftover roops, raising her total from 1 to 13

Guy
    +10r: dungeon completion
    -45r: Profession: Thief 9
    -50r: Profession: Thief 10
    +50r: Profession: Thief 10