Turn Back for What

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Guy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna glanced up at her brother, silently glaring at him from behind her helm. While she rode on Ravager the Wolfos, he rode upon some stupid horse he called Gordon. Her beast could effortlessly mangle and slay some decrepit old steed, but the fact he sat above her like this was... annoying. Almost spitting the words at him, she asked her question in the form of a statement, "How does that thing even support your weight."

Guy blinked, glancing over at her. After what seemed like an hour of silence of them strolling quietly through the forest together, that was what she wanted to ask? He knew his sister wasn't exactly one for conversation. Maybe the fact she hadn't murdered something all morning was starting to eat away at her. A feeling of unease washed over him, "...Don't murder Goron please. We're almost there." He cleared his throat, suddenly realizing it was probably best to answer the question anyway. "Ever since I... was twisted into this form... he has had trouble supporting me, yeah. I suppose if I was much bigger, or, wore real armor like you do--" hopefully that comment would settle her down slightly "--he might not be able to carry me anymore."

It had been nearly a week now since that weird kid had twisted his wooden form into one of stone. His familiar, rough wooden skin has been smooth, but at least it was still brown. Even so, he was nonetheless having difficulty adjusting to it all. Not only was his once lightweight body significantly, heavier, every once in a while he turned into magma--like some kind of damn Subrosian. He couldn't even fully control the transformation yet, and he had already sacrificed one pair of pants to it.

Speaking of which, "Uh, thanks again for the Deku Trousers, sis." Sienna glanced at him. Her expression would've been difficult to read even if she wasn't wearing the mask. He shrugged. It had become commonplace among the Denzritas to make a 'Deku Tunic' using the properties of both Silver Scales and Dodongo Hide. Of course, trousers were inherently better than tunics. Either was fairly easy to craft for someone as skilled as Sienna. At least now he could go Guybrosian without setting his own clothes on fire. She had even extended the Dodongo Hide's property to his boots and scarf. He couldn't help but wonder if it was kindness, or just some hidden desire to be a tailor as well as an armorsmith... Either seemed uncharacteristic of her.

Nearly an hour passed of trotting through undergrowth. Sienna's glaive cleaved through a handful of Keese and one particularly unlucky Wolfos, before the pair and their steeds finally came towards the fabled clearing Guy had marked on his map.

"Julius said he would meet in this grotto," Guy mumbled, looking around for the Hylian. "I just hope Gustav made this map right..."

The open meadow was partially shielded from the sun, thanks to trees as tall as mountains. There seemed to be several statues lining the area, as well as cobbled stone now overrun with grass. Broken walls and crumbling structures were now covered in moss or weeds. A century or more ago, Sienna supposed there was some great citadel here, filled with powerful warriors. Unfortunately for her, it now seemed like the only thing this meadow housed were some form of pathetic woodland creatures.

"Let's get this over with," she grumbled at her brother. She knew Guy and Julius were seeking some sort of powerful fuel, with ancient origins. It was supposed to power some kind of flying machine, or something like that. It didn't seem of particular interest to Sienna. Flight was a coward's way to fight. She was more interested in this "gigantic sword" Guy told her about... wielded by some undead monster she unfortunately was not present to slay herself. The Hylian had supposedly sharpened and enhanced it for her, according to Guy... which, in truth, was the main motivation she had for making her brother's stupid little cloth trinkets in exchange.

She made a mental note to slaughter one or both of them if the sword did not meet her standards. At least Guy thinking of her while he slaughtered monsters was... awfully nice... at least by Sienna's standards. Well... on second thought, maybe she would only slaughter the Hylian.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius walked through the forest. It was calm -- serene, almost -- until he heard the howl of Wolfos. They were silenced awfully quickly -- and he knew, at that moment, that his companions had arrived. Right on time, he thought, as his blade sliced the air in an overhead arc, finishing a Keese before a fight had even started.

He drew the "gift" from his Adventure Pouch. It was a blade, as black as his armor. Its edge had a deep violet sheen to it -- the result of the Shadow Gems he had imbued into it. He had reworked some of the blade -- it was a challenge to cast, but he was confident in his ability to smith. Its edge was much sharper than it was in their fight -- he was mostly certain it was a little sturdier, too. Its form was almost as a knife, now -- or maybe a dagger. Either way, its mass was reduced from a goliath of a blade into something it seemed almost appropriate to eat dinner with. He fingered its sheathe as well, walking idly. It was constructed from mostly leather; nothing special, though it was reinforced with bits of iron here and there. It was rather plain, inconspicuous. It hid the blade's true potential.

He approached the group from behind, sheathing it quickly. "There you two are!" He surveyed the remnants of the area briefly. The crumbling, decrepit architecture, the statues still standing as sentinels... It was a marvel, really. A sort of beauty emanated from this place, Julius felt. Even destruction could be beautiful. He eyed Sienna almost warily, for a second. After she had disappeared from the mines... No matter; he had other things on his mind. He presented the plain dagger to Sienna. He knew what she would most likely be thinking: 'Is this a fucking joke?'

Ahh, but then, she would draw the blade. He anticipated this, a grin spreading across his face behind his helmet. He looked a the pair, noting that Guy seemed a bit.. odd? Weirder things had happened recently, he suspected. He decided to not press the issue.

"Anyways, as I've heard... there's a mechanism in this particular... citadel, was it? Either way, it should allow us to turn back time. Theoretically, at least. I've heard a few myths and legends about this place; like needing the Sword of Sages to actually activate it. Let's hope that's not true."

He faced the wide, white marble archway that stood before them. Massive statues of the same ivory stone stood on either side of what Julius suspected had been a gate. He approached cautiously, before passing into the archway.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As the Hylian approached, Sienna recognized him--or more specifically, recognized his armor. So he was that Julius, which she had met... twice maybe. For him she held the slightest bit of respect, if only because he was relatively capable--and unlike the eternally idiotic Guy, seemed to at least appreciate that iron was better than cloth. She hopped off her own Wolfos steed, glaring at him in silence.

Wait, where was the sword? Her steel-covered gauntlet reached up towards what he was handing her. What the fuck?! Was this supposed to be a weapon?! It was a damn toothpick! Even her pansy-ass brother wielded weapons bigger than this! Her mask hid her fury. Maybe she had completely misjudged the Hylian. She heavily considered ripping this toothpick out and using it to pry whatever genitals he had off his body, before mangling him further. With a swift, furious motion, she tore the blade from its scabbard...

"Oh," she muttered. Even her powerful frame flinched with the sheer weight the suddenly-titanic sword carried. The colossal cleaver had a blade as black as Sienna's heart, and as razor-sharp as her eternal, simmering rage. If that wasn't enough, the blade carried a profound sense of... menacing... despair... She supposed it was magical in nature, but didn't pretend to understand it. In all, the weapon... it was... it was beautiful. If Sienna had emotions, it might have brought a tear to her eye. She said two words that Guy suspected no mortal had ever heard uttered from his sister, "Good job, Julius."

"Damn," Guy mumbled, "She even called you by name..." He scratched his scraggy 'hair,' adding, "S-Sienna, I helped, you know. I mean we both found it." He trailed off, uneasily. She offered him a slight nod, before walking off in some random direction.

"Anyway," Guy looked towards Julius, from atop his own horse. He was a bit surprised the man didn't ask how a Deku Scrub was suddenly made out of stone. Maybe he thought it was some sort of weird condition old Deku Scrubs got. A Hylian would think something like that, so Guy cleared the air rather quickly, "A weird Hylian kid laid a curse on me. I'm some kind of rock mutant monster-thing," he said this all rather hurriedly and in monotone, "Oh, and I can turn into magma. I can't quite control that so well, so, uh, be careful."

Clearing his throat, he got back to what Julius was talking about. "I don't suppose you have some clue as to how to activate it?" With a slight pat of his hand on Gordon's mane, Guy gently moved the steed towards the ivory arch Julius now approached. Even like this, his head barely reached above that of the Hylian's...

...Meanwhile, Sienna was gleefully chopping trees in half with her new favorite toy.
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Strange things have been happening lately, friend," Julius looked towards Guy. "I just thought it better to not ask about it." He advanced towards the archway, placing a hand over its rough, eroded stone. "Anyways, as far as the mechanism itself goes... of the countless times I and another have spent pouring over the subject, there's most likely two ways to activate it: One, a pedestal. It's scribed to be... some kind of temporal key, I suppose. As I said earlier, about the Sword of Sages, or the Blade of Evil's Bane or -- Din's nurturing womb be blessed, but why do we have ao many names for one sword? The Master Sword. Anyways, let's hope the pedestal doesn't show -- but I've heard and read of a melody that allows you to bypass the need for it." Julius hoped that his schpiel hadn't come out as long winded as he'd thought.

He progressed into the grove, passing by plenty of ruins. They were all of the same white marble; he supposed they'd been painted at a point. They'd find out soon enough. They crossed through the citadel, its enormity becoming absolutely mind boggling as their jaunt continued. They passed empty black containers -- chests, he thought. Whatever treasure there was to be scavenged had been scavenged long ago.

They came to a titanic door, looking to be made of a black metal. Almost like Sienna's -- or that thing's, as Julius recalled the fight -- sword. Perhaps it was the same material? No, the iron of the blade had never had an orange sheen -- his thoughts were interrupted as the statues that stood facing each other on either side of the doorway came to life. Their eyes flashed, pulsed -- a small sizzle could be heard as their autonomy slowly became reawakened. They began to move, fluidly, their stony forms becoming pliable like skin. Perhaps it was needless to say, but the magic involved in their construction flabbergasted Julius. Even the most famed of magical Academia had never succeeded in animating something like this. His grandfather's journal held some notes about the subject, yet still...

The statues began to speak in a weary, monotone voice. It was clear they were in that state for quite some time. They began to drone on in robotic, yet tired voices; "Wee, whoom yoouu haave aawaakened," Their voices spoke oddly. He looked back to Guy as they began to speak about guarding this chamber, its contents and how only he who was marked by the Godesses would be able to enter -- Julius cut them short, however.

"If you'll excuse my interruption, I hope to add that, as a Knight of Hyrule, and captain of the Hylian Guard, I'm ready -- and blessed by the Princess herself -- to take whatever challenge you ordain as necessary." He was half bluffing. He was the Guard Captain, sure, but he'd never gotten anything directly from the Princess -- there was a reason the Hyrule Royal Guard and the Hylian Guard were considered to be two separate entities, after all. He looked at Guy, before there was a bright flash -- the ground had broken apart into cubes, and the statues now stood in opposite corners of whatever place they'd conjured. There was a murky darkness below -- Julius wasn't sure if it understood the notion of ending, but nonetheless, listened to the statues as they explained the goal: "Return us to our resting positions, and you may pass." Great. A puzzle. How quaint, Julius thought, before looking at Guy. "So. Any idea on a solution?"
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy listened to Julius ramble off his title. The man was definitely a member of the Hyrule Guard, but was unsure how much else was true. How he ended up doing things like this with people like that was beyond him, that's for sure. For whatever reason Julius had yet to arrest him--and Sienna would probably slaughter the Hylian if he attempted it, anyway--so Guy didn't much care.

"Huh." There were suddenly massive gaps separating grassy platforms...and... Gordon had abruptly disappeared. Great. Guy glanced over the edge of one, seeing what appeared to be some kind of infinite If this was some kind of magical spell, he was particularly interested in learning it... "Do you think I'd be able to wall-walk down there?"

Meanwhile, Sienna was standing on a far platform, oblivious to what had caused this. She could distantly hear those two fools talking about something or other, but she didn't much care--they had probably triggered some divine wrath, or, whatever. Several platforms behind here, the horse and her Wolfos seemed slightly startled on what just transpired before, but were on safe ground. It didn't matter, Ravager could fend for himself, and she didn't care for Guy's stupid horse anyway. The thought of Ravager devouring it rather amused her. In any case, the trees she was so eagerly cleaving in half disappeared to create this strange tapestry of platforms on which she now stood. Perhaps it was time she tested out this sword on a more... amiable... target.

Sienna soared from one platform to the next, her glaive bouncing along as it was haphazardly secured onto her back, blade raising high into the air. Her sheathed sword was practically weightless, making it easier for her to approach one of the statues. Finally she landed right behind one of them, before leaping insanely high into the air--her Roc's Feather quivering. At the apex of her jump, she whipped out the sword and Iron Boots appeared on her feet. She came crashing down into the monster with a ferocious, shouting strike... her blade glowing with darkness.

"FUCK!" She bounced backwards, slamming into the side of one of the platforms, and she was falling into the abyss. At the last possible moment, one hand shot upwards and the magnets in her glove activated. Sienna was barely able to magnetize herself back up towards the statue, and onto the platform. Thankfully these damn things were metal... and nearly invincible. Catching her breath, Sienna sheathed her new toy, and let the sheath dangle at her hip. Two platforms over, she saw Guy and Julius staring at her--and she just glared at them, fists clenched.

"Well... seeing as how that barely scratched it," Guy trailed off. He squinted at the spot where his sister had struck. The cut was visible, but not even an inch deep, and the statue itself had hardly budged, "...I suppose we can't kill them." He looked over the platforms once more, noticing two had strange symbols on them... and the door itself had the same strange symbol. He pointed this out to Julius, then shrugged. The man seemed to know much more about this place than he did, that's for sure.

"Oh. I forgot to mention." Guy dug a hang into his satchel, before presenting a small sea shell that appeared to be made out of a dark, Deku-like wood. He tossed it to Julius. "Sienna, Gustav, Alice, and I all have one. Gustav uses it to contact me for odd jobs. I ended up getting more.... I'm guessing you know how to use a Commshell."
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He was somewhat perplexed at the sudden gift Guy displayed. Nonetheless, he took it quipping, "Ah, yes. I had one of these as a child, in fact. Now I'm assuming you've already linked them with the others? Or is it just yours?" He asked, surveying the layout.

The markings... the door... Julius was perplexed. Yet, he noticed, as he began to orient himself, the statues did the same. Ah, so they were controlled by his movement? That made things easier, he thought, as he counted how many platforms there were. Five columns and five rows. He and Guy, it seemed, stood on the center platform -- and those with the markings Guy had pointed out lay to either the left or right.

The statues seemed to orient themselves as he oriented himself; only, when he would face towards the door, one would face the opposite direction, and the other would differ by 90° to the left of whichever way he faced. This was going to be bad. Julius was not the captain because he could solve puzzles. Still, he thought about it. How would the giants react when one of them faced a direction they couldn't jump?

He faced to the left and jumped. He had a feeling he'd have this puzzle solved soon.
    ---

A while later. The guardians fell onto the marked tiles as Julius leapt for what seemed like yhe hundredth time. They kneeled, acknowledging his ability, as the area seemed to come back together. Their raspy, robotic voices chimed once more, "We are appeased. You may... enter." Julius wondered if that was their standard for every hero who claimed to be blessed by the princess, or whatever.

Julius looked at his companions, all of whom were suddenly clustered together as the door began to dematerialize.

The scene before them was a scene of tranquil beauty. A slight breeze flowed, and the sunlight broke through the tree coverage overhead just right. It was a meadow, filled with all manner of flowers; from green to blue, yellow to red, sunflower to rose, lilly so petunia; there wasn't a thing this arrangement lacked. And, as they stepped into the grove, something caught their eyes: a stone pedestal, dilapidated and ruined, with a triforce carved onto the front of it. Julius stepped towards it, running his fingers across its trapezoidal edges. This was it. The trigger.

He drew his blade before inspecting the slot in the top. No, his blade was too wide. A little too thick. He sheathed it, speaking to Guy, "I don't suppose you have an instrument, do you?" Guy answered in the affirmative. "Good, now..." Julius began rattling off notes on the song as best he could. He was no minstrel; far from it, in fact, having hardly ever touched an instrument in his entire life.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"It's been linked. I figured it would be convenient next time you want to call me out to the middle of nowhere." He smirked, wryly. It was a surprise the man had been able to contact him at all, considering Guy's complete lack of a static address. Even if Julius seemed trustworthy, he gave him the shell with a bit of hesitance. Needless to say, a physical link to the Hyrule Guard was a bit risky--for both of them. There was no doubt Julius knew he was questing alongside a thief and a murderer, but Guy chose to avoid asking him why. Maybe he was crooked. Maybe it was all an elaborate ruse. Maybe he was insane and just thought he was a captain. Guy didn't want to know.

The two Deku Scrubs ended up doing a lot of standing around with crossed arms as they watched him jumping to and fro from platform to platform. Sienna considered lending him her Roc's Feather, but didn't care enough. Besides, it looked like he was having fun. Guy gave him a bit of advice along the way, but he wasn't sure if it really mattered. Eventually, however, he managed to solve the puzzle, and all three of them approached the pedestal.

As Julius attempted to sing, he abruptly felt a fist slam into his stomach hard enough to stop that horrid noise from leaving his gullet, but not hard enough to seriously injure him. "Stop." Sienna was glaring at him ferociously. Whether or not he realized it, the Hylian didn't have a weapon lodged through him right now instead. She was far too accustomed with how much pain a creature could take before it actually caused damage--and Julius would be fine. She backed away, then glared at Guy in silence.

Guy coughed uneasily, before pulling out his Deku Saxophone instead. "I'm pretty decent at playing by ear..." To this, Sienna seemed at least indifferent. He guessed Julius wouldn't mind him, either. With a bit of a shrug, he pulled out his sword in one hand, grasping the blade as he handed it handle-first to Julius. "See if this fits." It was more of a dagger than a sword, by Hylian standards, but it seemed like their best bet.

With that said, Guy proceeded to wax out a smooth, jazzy version of the song he assumed Julius was trying to sing moments ago. Yeah, he thought to himself, I still got it. Thankfully it was a fairly simple song, but Guy took the opportunity to polish it up as best he could.
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Sienna punched Julius in the stomach while he was attepting to sing. He didn't blame Sienna; he knew his singing was bad. Guy, on the other hand, seemed to be quite the musically adept, as he played away at his saxophone. When the tune ended, a shimmering blue staircase appeared behind the pedestal, seeming to lead... into thin air. Julius took a step, and began climbing. As he ascended, he noticed his surroundings change: where there was once ruin and decay, a marvelous temple of immaculate design erected and righted itself. It was amazing. However, his friends were no longer standing in the clearing... which had now become a stone floor. The pedestal stood in the center of a black triforce, which itself was inlain in a marble surface. It was beautiful.

But enough about how this Hylian-designed temple appealed to a Hylian's senses. He wondered... if this was Hylian in design, and he knew it was, would there not be similar treasures throughout this grove? He pressed on, now, as he finally noticed where the staircase was heading: a particularly tall window, which radiated an... unearthly light. It was heavenly. Julius bounded up the final stairs as he entered into the temple.

He emerged through a portal of light, overlooking archaic designs. Everything seemed to be grayscale; from the floors to the cieling, to the walls to the... three heavily armored figures that surrounded the entrance across a quite lengthy hallway. It was by no means narrow, but it had a certain lack of decoration. Tapestries hung from either side of the door, he noticed, with a Hylian crest designed into it.

Then, they took notice of the intruder. They drew their onyx blades as Julius drew his own silver blade. Their armors almost matched in color -- deep onyx, with golden trim. Hopefully the others would be able to distinguish him from them. They all dropped into an identical stance. Their shields were raised at the same height, their blades held similarly -- what was going on here? They all danced around the others, before the trio suddenly closed on Julius. Their blades of onyx with hilts of gold struck against his shield; he parried away one with the flat of his blade before attempting to strike one. Only to have his blade batted away all the same.

He would need his companions, he knew -- so it would be best to stay on the defensive until they themselves arrived.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

After Guy finished, his breaths were heavy, but he was satisfied with his performance of the song. What transpired was something of marvel, even to his ventured and world-weary eyes. It was just a staircase, but never had he seen one so beautifully built...

The two Scrubs watched as Julius ventured first up the stairs. Even Sienna seemed startled when he seemed to gradually disappear after only advancing a couple steps, leaving the two of them alone in a meadow. Guy exchanged an uneasy look with his sister. He wanted to make a sarcastic joke about, 'That's a good way to get rid of Hylians,' but already knew she would claim murdering them to be a better tactic. With a sigh, he stowed his saxophone back into the magical pouch on his hip. Instead he offered, "It didn't look like he was in pain."

"Disappointing," Sienna immediately responded.

Guy snickered.

Without saying anything more, Sienna uncrossed her arms and approached the stairs herself. She wasn't going to come all this way for nothing--and needless to say, there was no way she was about to let Julius show her up. With the first step, she glanced over her shoulder, seeing a transparent Guy. As she advanced fully onto the step, he vanished, and a floor of marble appeared beneath her. "Fancy," Sienna scoffed. Hylians seemed to always have the most ridiculous magic, as if they were so desperate to impress someone. It was as if all their sages just sat in a circlejerk, complimenting each other constantly about their useless accomplishments. On that subject, she made a mental note to decapitate the next Hylian she saw who wasn't wearing armor. A slight smile spread across her masked face.

As she advanced slowly up the stairs, Sienna saw a crumbled structure regrowing around her. Massive trees shrunk to saplings. Apparently she was traveling back in time. A logical person would probably think what will happen next, or how far back they're going. But no, Sienna was wondering if she accidentally murdered her ancestors, whether or not that would cause herself to disappear as well. Her contemplation was suddenly cut short when she saw Julius getting slaughtered by three Darknuts nearly twice his size--and quadruple her own. A spark of glee shot through her veins. One wielded a gigantic axe, another a massive mace, and the third an impressive longsword. They hadn't even noticed her--what fools.

Sienna charged forward, slinging her huge glaive as if it was a mere javelin. One Darknut--Sword--had to leap off Julius to deflect the weapon from stabbing into its back. Sienna already launched towards the next one closest to her, whipping her colossal demon-sword out of its tiny scabbard. Her body flung in a wide arc like a top, before cleaving the blade ferociously into Mace's armored calf. A ferocious CRACK echoed, and Sienna couldn't help but grin. Armor didn't protect from broken bones. The third one--Axe--pounced on top of her with a colossal overhead slash. "Damnit," she hissed, trying to evade it but knowing she wasn't fast enough--this was going to hurt.

A fiery blur shot through the air like a bullet, a pair of boots slamming hard into the side of the attacking Axe-Darknut's head. The attack made it lose balance enough that its weapon missed Sienna entirely, landing into the ground a foot to her left. The Darknut, it stumbled several steps away, almost collapsing under the weight of its own axe. Guy rebounded off, his body flickering with flames, as he shot a strangely ferocious look at Julius, "Thought you were gonna keep them to yourself or something?" He gave a slight nod to Sienna. How strange that she would actually need aid in battle... It seemed these weren't foes Sienna could just overpower with reckless fury.
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius smirked from behind his helmet as he parried another blow from the darknut. "No, of course not," he stepped to one side as a vertical slash fell upon where he had been standing. He knocked into the beast's blade with his shield as he continued, "Just wondering when the cavalry would show up." With the knight slightly disoriented, Julius swiftly knocked into it with most of the force his body could muster -- it was enough to throw it off a bit more. Wait, didn't it--

A heavy thud crashed into Julius as he was tossed, with some degree of ease, at least a meter away from the gilded Darknut. Its onyx blade shone menacingly in the light that seemed to pervade every orifice of the temple. But Julius had his own blade, and it shined twice as bright. It was Mirror Silver, of course, that wasn't any stupid metaphor or something for his determination.

Julius balanced himself on a knee as his opponent charged him. Its shield was reminiscent of a heater shield -- but seemed more like a buckler in actual functionality. It was, essentially, a mostly round shield with a flat top -- as opposed to his own scutum, which was simply a smaller tower shield. It was no time for semantics, however; as the knight charged, gilded armor met gilded armor -- his silver blade stroked its onyx blade; their shields wrestled against each other. Julius took a wide step backwards, remaining aware of his foe -- it swatted left, with its shield, attempting to feint. They were almost mirrors of each other, it felt. Nearly identical, in fact, save for some equipment sizing.

Julius assumed a classic stance of the Guard: he was, as always, preparing a Spin Attack. The wave of energy would most likely weaken it, a bit -- and even if it didn't, it could do no harm to him. Before he even finished this thought, the Darknut charged again, catching Julius somewhat off guard -- he followed through the maneuver, trying his best to knock away its poised blade. It had worked, to a degree -- but instead, Julius was knocked over once again. This time, his foe stood over him, somewhat resolute. Honorable. It seemed that they were fair opponents. He wished his allies could extend the same courtesy.

He picked himself up, this time readying his blade in a bit of an unorthodox stance -- one he himself had invented not more than a second ago. His blade hung limp at his side, his shield prepared to absorb whatever blow may come his way. He approached, in more of a jaunt than his usual caution -- something the knight didn't know how to deal with, at least not immediately. His limp arm suddenly stiffened with energy, force, as his muscles worked to thrust his blade -- it groaned with stress as it tore through mail, slipping under a vulnerability in his armor. He tore downwards in a two handed grip, slicing farther than he thought himself able to -- as the three feet of Mirror Silver continued to tear through flesh, Julius kicked the cuirass of his foe -- feet burning -- as he yanked his blade out. The smell of singed hair and burned flesh would eventually waft through the passage.

The armored figure fell to the floor, on its knees first, and then, finally all the way over. Dead. It soon, however, began to explode into a burst of light -- permeating its being from its core. It slowly dissolved and scattered. He wished he could have extended the same courtesy.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Hoping a thief and a murderer to fight as far as a Captain of the Hyrule Guard was vain, to say the least. After narrowing evading a few blows, the two trios had paired off. Julius faced the sword-wielding Darknut, Sienna had drawn the attention of the mace-wielder, and Guy hadn't let the axe-wielder work his weapon on anyone else.

Guy couldn't help but wonder where exactly they were, and why these things were both honorable yet apparently eager to kill them. Ganon's Darknuts were rarely so merciful. If it wasn't for that jackass's sake, then who or what were they guarding? Guy hissed as he narrowly hopped back away from a horizontal swing of that catastrophic axe. He didn't have time to think about why--these guys didn't exactly seem to be in a talkative mood. He sidestepped a vertical--shit, that was a feint--his shield ate the Darknut's kick, sending him skidding back on his hover boots. These things didn't leave a damn opening, even for one as fast as him--no, he'd have to make one.

Guy glared up at the Darknut, waiting for it to strike. As usual, his stance was wide open--a heavy horizontal axe tore across at him from the side. He leaped with tremendous, Roc-enhanced height, until his head was over even the gigantic Darknut's. He spat a Deku Nut right in its face, before immediately propelling downward across its neck. The Darknut's eyes predictably shut just in time--but left it completely exposed as Guy's shield smashed into its helm, throwing it clean off and bouncing across the ground. Guy landed with a skid, before the two warriors abruptly turned to face each other. "Finally, I can see that beautiful face of yours.~" Sheathing his sword, he whipped out a pair of throwing knives in its place. Now he'd find out if they were any good at actually dodging attacks...

Sienna was forced to leap out of the way as a mace as big as her body pulverized the ground, sending out a visible, magical shockwave for several feet. She fucking hated maces. They were the only non-magical weapon capable of negating her armor, and of course it was actually wielded by something that knew how to use it. She really got shafted with this Darknut--but it didn't matter. Sienna still had every intent of crushing this thing like a tin can--even if its weapon alone was the size of her.

Sienna advanced forcefully, her eyes keen to the twitch in the mosnter's muscles--yes, going for a diagonal strike. The weight of the mace was lethal, but slowed the gigantic beast down so much Sienna had time to predict. There was no feinting with this beast. Her body narrowly ducked under the attack--the mace striking the horns of her helmet, flinging it off her head. No sooner did the blow glance her, then she spun out a ferocious spin, letting her gigantic blade tear into the creature's calves even as it struggled to move out of the way. Second hit to them. She saw the creature fall to one knee--exactly what she wanted.

Sienna rushed in for the kill, only for the creature to abruptly sling the colossal mace at her as if it was a toy. Her free arm shot up, catching--or more like getting pummeled by--the mace, dropping it to the floor. Even through her armor, that burned. Her Muscle Band was supposed to make her as strong as a Darknut, but it was difficult to tell... This one definitely seemed to have more muscle than the others.

It had already drawn a sword. Sienna chuckled--even her blade was bigger than that pansy-ass longsword. The Darknut limped onto one leg, before thrusting towards Sienna with a jab. She couldn't help but grin. So predictable. Her left gauntlet batted the sword out of her face, then immediately shot towards the monster's chest. Magnets activated in both gloves as Sienna leaped up into the air. Her massive sword was dropped mid-leap, as she wiped out her wakizashi in its place. The Darknut was stumbling forward as Sienna was soaring upward, her small sword drawn back at the perfect angle--THERE.

Her wakizash stabbed ferociously right under the monster's helmet, and into its neck. She deactivated the magnets, twisting wildly as she fell out of its neck, being sure to tear not only its windpipe, but whatever else was in there. Her armored body struck the floor with a colossal THUD. The monster gagged and shuddered in pain above her, falling onto all fours over her. In moments, blood began to gush out of its helmet, and onto Sienna's exposed face. ...Even by her standards, that was pretty gross, but the kill was nonetheless exquisite. She could see the Darknut's eyes through its helmet, that look of shock and horror. If it could still speak, she was sure it would be screaming, 'How? How could I be beaten by someone so small?!' But alas, no sound came out--no, she took care of that. Her hand shot up for no apparent reason, fingers twisting and stabbing into the wound she herself created. It was the most beautiful sensation her fingers could graze. Even if she felt his heart in her hand, she knew it wouldn't bring him so much pain. Her entire body shuddered wildly, armor audibly rattling, before finally the body died outright and collapsed on top of hers...

She shoved away the fresh corpse--despite the fact it made her look like a child by comparison--and stood up. A sigh of profound satisfaction escaped her gullet. If Guy or Julius noticed her face, they would find the mangled mass of wood to look oddly... happy...

Not wasting any more time, Sienna Magnet Glove'd her helmet back into her hand, before shoving it back onto her head. The blood could be washed off later. Her eyes pierces the room--wondering if anyone else had died yet...

(EDIT: Because apparently I need to finish off both Darknuts? :tpr:)

Meanwhile, the last remaining Darknut was un-helmed, and had just received a knife to its eye. Howling it pain, it swung ferociously at Guy. The stone Scrub backed away in the neck of time, feeling the blade glance off his stone skin for a tiny cut. The monster was strangely enraged now, reckless, as one hand desperately clutched his eye. It made the following attack almost too easy--Guy leaped forward and over a swing of the axe, then propelled at wild speed towards its face, his palms striking the back of the embedded knife with such force that it sunk entirely into the monster's skull.

Guy front-flipped over its body, landing with a dramatic flourish as the titan fell behind him with a catastrophic, echoing noise. All in all, this fight felt... surprisingly easy, for Darknuts. Guy couldn't help but wonder if he and his companions had been underestimated.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    As Julius scanned the room, he could see that Sienna had finished her guardian -- but Guy was still tangoing his. He had drawn his throwing knives -- something Julius was supposed to have enhanced before, or at least they'd discussed it -- and flung each one with an impressive amount of precision at the Darknut's exposed head.

It was impressive, or so Julius thought. He didn't know how the fight would unfold, and chose to, instead of intervening like Sienna might have, watch their movements. It was interesting to see how the (formerly) agile Deku Scrub would fight the much greater strength and defense of the gilded goliath in comparison. Of course, it all depended on if it could dodge attacks as easily as it could block them -- and Julius, guessing by its size, thought it would not be able to.

And be would have been correct, for the most part -- he even saw Guy flick the knife into its eye, before Propelling and ending it for good. It was strange -- easy, almost. Easier than it should have been, by any means. "Well, that was... unexpected," to say the least, Julius half-thought.

So far, his adventuring groups had consisted of: an overly dramatic Deku Scrub, whom was as capable a fighter as his murder obsessed sister and a friend nonetheless, said murder obsessed sister, whom enjoyed his work as much as he enjoyed producing it, a roughly insane and indeed criminal Deku Scrub fire mage, a more-than-likely well-meaning Business Scrub, and a deceased spirit. Things couldn't get weirder... yet here they were, travelling through an ancient citadel filled with half-joke opponents, who'd barely managed to wear down any of their party. This was certainly going to be an eventful memory, Julius supposed, as their ragtag group of mercenary, massacre monster, and somewhat dubious knight entered into the next room.

It would prove to be somewhat grander -- this time, rather than the drab grayscale, it had gold along its walls. Flowing tapestry in similar colors -- still grayscale -- hung on the walls and on whatever else there was to hang from. They were tightly strung, for whatever reason -- there was no way they'd be getting in the way of... whatever hazards were in this room. Julius peered over the edge they stood upon. Lower, there was a Beamos made of ivory -- what was with this place's construction? How much had it cost to build such a grandiose structure, and then to have it waste away to nothing? Julius' inner guardsman was tingling, as he reflexively bringing his shield near his torso as an arrow pinged off of it.

He searched for the source of the arrow -- a Dynafos, it seemed, tucked away in a tiny niche. It was a difficult call to make -- Julius wished, for a second, that he'd made a shield instead of a sword. Perhaps that was something for the future.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy shrugged uneasily. He just recovering his knife from where a corpse had been mere seconds ago, and was already polishing it mid-stride. "You're right, Julius." He glanced over his shoulder, at the lack of corpses, wondering aloud. "What were they guarding...?"

Sienna was disappointed to see the Darknut corpses explode into light, vanishing before her eyes. She hissed in annoyance, admitting, "I wanted... those weapons." While even she was sure she couldn't carry them all, two probably could have fit in Guy's pouch, and the axe wouldn't have been too heavy. With a grunt, she wiped the blood off her wakizashi, then sheathed it. By the time Sienna had recovered her glaive, Guy and Julius were already heading through the door up ahead. "One day, Guy, you're going to take an axe to the face."

He smirked, "You know that's how I fight." Indeed, his foe was so ferociously powerful that if he had been an inch to the left at the wrong moment, he likely would be missing a limb right now. He was rather disappointed about killing the monster--he hoped it would cede after taking the hit to its eye, but Darknuts never seemed to give up. "I did take at least one hit though..." He pointed to a gash a couple inches long across his arm. "I suppose in this form I don't bleed... still hurts, though." He chuckled. All that aside, he had taken an axe to the face on at least one occasion.

Guy cut off the small talk as Julius moved towards the door. It almost felt rushed, but the two Scrubs advanced to either side of him, weapons drawn, ready to pummel their way through the next room.

An arrow hit a shield, Guy's eyes darted to the source. Was it the only one here? Regardless, Guy's shield was already up, and the reptile had already notched another arrow. Sienna grinned at her brother, "Afraid of a cowardly lizard?" She said this of course, far enough back off the ledge that the angle of a shot at her was impossible.

Guy chuckled, "Pretty sure a longbow could puncture steel and stone." He suddenly remembered a technique his sister mentioned mastering earlier, and thus adding, "But can it puncture Sienna?"

Every once in a while, Sienna remembered why she hadn't slaughtered her brother yet. There was the slightest of grins in her voice, "I'll give you an opening. Thank me." With that said, her armor jostled and launched clean off the ledge, soaring through the air. The Beamos looked up at its assailant abruptly, eye shining with energy. Like a bolt of lightning, Sienna's glaive shot out of the sky, cleaving through the Beamos like butter, stabbing clean through the machinery's face. A split second later, her heavily-armored frame SMASHED boots-first into what remained of the creature, landing with a grotesque sound.

She rapidly rolled onto one knee, both palms suddenly flared towards the Dynalfos. With not even a split-second to spare, Sienna braced herself against its arrow, causing the hunk of wood to break against her palms as if they were a cement wall.

The Dynalfos flinched in agony as a blade sunk into its exposed abdomen, a split-second before a stone scrub dropped off the wall and fell onto it blade-first. Climbing across its back like a spider monkey, Guy burst into flames, his hands themselves lethal weapons as he twisted the sword deeper and harder. He felt claws raking against his stone arms, but the beast couldn't get a solid strike against him... Until it abruptly flung the Scrub clean off it, albeit leaving the sword lodged in its back.

Guy snickered in mid-air, before abruptly propelling back towards the beast with insane speed, his flaming body tackling it to the ground, before finishing it off. Out of nowhere, he hissed in pain as an arrow tore across his left arm--knocking out a good size of his stony flesh. He rapidly hid behind his shield, tucking into the wall where the Dynalfos hid. He breathed hard, clutching the fresh wound. He knew it would be reckless to follow Sienna, but she didn't give him much of a choice...

Glancing over the top of Guy's shield, he saw Sienna brace an arrow aimed at her, before she and Julius launched towards another Dynalfos that had hidden in a corner they couldn't have seen from the ledge.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius hefted his shield as he sensed another creature. He couldn't see it, no, but it certainly made its killing intent known. While Guy and Sienna occupied themselves with one, he would be taking the other, it seemed -- he heard it knock another arrow, drawing its bowstring back all the while. It took its time to fire as Guy -- and Sienna -- finished off the first one.

He heard the arrow sail through the air. He couldn't have done much to prevent it, not being near enough or fast enough to block it. He'd need to improve his mobility, it seemed -- but this time, he saw the beast knock its arrow. It was aiming for Guy, probably having hit its mark the first time -- he noticed Sienna nearing. He charged, his boot kicking up dust and debris as he moved as fast as his body could muster.

He raised his shield, angling his body to intercept the next arrow. It punched his shield with a ting, as he flung his body over the last ten feet of marble. He tackled the Dynafos as he came upon the last meter of distance. It already had another arrow knocked, aiming it at Julius. But, as all three hundred-odd pounds of muscle and force slammed into it, its arrow veered wildly off course. Nayru only knew where it would strike.

While their bodies were an intertwined mess upon the marble floor, the creature had managed to draw a small-ish short sword from somewhere on its person. It was almost a carbon copy of Justice, Guy's blade -- but that didn't make Julius hesitate any more when a gauntleted fist slammed into its maw. It began to huff, and to puff -- Julius rolled away as a geyser of flame erupted from its maw. That was another thing he had to do, at some point. Have Sienna make his Goron Tunic. He put it on his already extensive mental checklist -- which consisted of a number of other equipment related issues already. The creature sprang to its feet as Julius just barely raised his shield in time -- deflecting a thrust of its blade.

Julius stood as it prepared another gout of flame. This time, though, he took advantage of its wind up, and stabbed the dinosaur right into its gullet. He'd punctured its lung, or so he'd hoped -- he'd never been able to get familiar with their physiology, and didn't especially want to. Flames sputted out of its mouth -- but it seemed to just scorch itself, before whatever remained in its system seeped out of its lungs. It was a disgusting, brownish liquid -- but what if it could be adapted to his own use? It wasn't important now, however, as its corpse hit the ground.

He sought out Sienna, having his Dodongo Hide in hand. "By the way," he said, feeling the rough scales of its carapace, "I believe you forgot something when you left, last time. Not that I'm being demanding, but... I do believe I said that I'd forge you a weapon in exchange for something made out of this hide," he laid the hide on the ground, eyeing his work. It was still a damn good skinning job.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy pushed himself up--the coast seemed clear--and headed towards the other. In two fights, he had already sustained two flesh wounds... He supposed Darknuts and Dynalfos were more powerful foes that his typical enemies, but he still disliked it compared to his track record. He wasn't sure if his stone body would get infection from wounds, but didn't want to find out. The other two seemed to be discussing armor--predictably enough--giving Guy a moment to take out some makeshift bandages and wrap them securely over his arm.

"Oh," Sienna glanced at the Dodongo Hide. She did vaguely remember their exchange, but honestly never expected to see this man again after how their last excursion ended. Now that that prick Guy was buddy-buddy with him, though, it probably meant she would be seeing more of him in situations like this.

Her free hand reached for the hide, feeling its texture. It would make for decent mail. There was something actually resembling interest in her voice as she admitted, "I can find time for it... I suppose." There were brief periods where her body was neither slaughtering anything, nor neck-deep in brutal exercise. Mailsmithing could be done in place of her normal meditation routine. It might be... pleasant.

"Give it to Guy," she dropped the words, callously, "He has the pouch." That fool better not ruin this damn fine material. In truth, she didn't normally carry any kind of bag for stowing things like that. She had weapons and rations--everything else just seemed like a burden, most of the time. After Julius did so, Sienna eyed him carefully...

...Although she had made a large amount of armor in her time, Hylians were not among her normal clientele. Julius could probably feel her cold, evaluating eyes across his body. Most of her measurements were done by eye--or by touch. She didn't much care for meters and inches. She considered how much comfort he would need, what with that disgusting, gooey, oil-secreting skin he had. This wasn't enough to make an entire suit of platemail without thinning it.... maybe a breastplate...

"What raiment did you seek?" The words came coldly, indifferently, as if she was talking to an animate object.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius handed the hide over to Guy, before briefly hesitatimg for a moment. He handed over the fluffy, extravagant hide of a White Wolfos as well. "You'll be able to work with White Hide as well, correct? Anyways, not to offend your mailsmithing abilitues, but," he knocked a hand against his ebony cuirass, "I'd prefer it if I could wear it underneath my Zora mail. If you'd like, I could perhaps remove some of it, to give you a better idea of how it should be sized. And, don't worry much about comfort. I'd enjoy a rather snug fit, especially if you work in that Wolfos hide."
    -------

Julius tugged his ebony mail back on, after being sized by Sienna. He'd like to have his equipment fit, after all. While struggling with the somewhat strange construction of his mail -- Zoras had different ways to do things, it seemed -- he took a seat on the half-ruined Beamos column. It shook a little. Julius stood, his armor halfway on. He pushed it with his feet. He rushes to get the rest of his mail on, pulling and shoving his limbs and extremities through its orifices. He heaved the meter section of the pillar out of the way, finding a hidden nest below it. What a strange place... It was hardly waist deep for him, but nonetheless he still hopped into the crevice.

He bent down, eyeing a small, dark box. It seemed to have no lock -- just a top the could be slid off. He jumped out of the hole. He leaned back over the edge, back into the crevice, bringing the small box with him. He removed its top panel carefully, not knowing what to expect. It could be a box of unimaginable evil, or some other cliche. But, instead, as he peeked into the box, he saw the device almost immediately. It was somewhat large -- larger than devices of its kind usually were. A blade at the end glinted in the radiance of the temple. A white sleeve, with a gray pattern, covered most of the device. "Holy-" Julius sputtered, slipping his hand into the sleeve. He grasped its handle, perhaps a bit too hard, as the trigger mechanism caushed the blade to suddenly fire.

"This is- This is a hookshot, isn't it?" He asked his companions. The chain winded back as it struck the ground. "Wow. What do you guys think?" He asked, taking off the sleeve once it was fully wound again.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy somewhat reluctantly took both hides. What was he, his sister's errand boy? Not to mention, why the hell was Julius getting sized in the middle of a dungeon--one that was apparently some kind of anomaly in space-time, no less. Did neither of them even consider the possibility that they would not be able to return? No, of course not, they were too busy flirting over making things to kill people with. If he had eaten anytime recently, he would have vomited.

Sienna strode in silence around Julius, using her colossal glaive as if it was a walking stick. After talking out a piece of chalk, she compared her glaive to that of Julius frame in several key ways--making several key markings along the length of her weapon's handle, using script presumably only she understood. "Scalemail--a thin tunic of it," she dropped the words. With a groan of annoyance--as if disgusted with having to cater to someone else's preferences, she added, "If you don't mind an extra layer." It was painfully obvious she didn't want an answer. Sienna firmly believed scales were superior to plate, but didn't bother explaining that. Once it seemed her measurements were complete, she put away the chalk. "Put your skin back on," she nearly growled the words, "You look disgusting." Gooey, greasy, soft--Hylians were some of the most revolting creatures imaginable. They were even worse than those damn furry mammals they liked to keep as pets.

---

Guy's face grimaced uneasily. He began to try to scheme some way he could scheme Julius out of that hookshot--he had been wanting one for a while--but couldn't think of a good plan that ended well for him, under the current circumstances. Maybe he would revisit options later, but for now he remarked, "Nice find. I'm... admittedly jealous. I've been wanting one." With a sigh, his arms crossed, and he looked towards Sienna. Her mask was pulled down, and she was silently glaring at Julius for no apparent reason. Was she still evaluating the dimensions of his future armor, or was she planning to murder him for the hookshot? Maybe it was best he himself didn't find it after all... It would hardly be the first time Sienna (nearly) murdered one of his friends. At least she usually asked him first. That was a good thing, right? Right.

"Press on," Sienna abruptly commanded, her cold voice dropping the words. She abruptly pointed her glaive towards a ledge near the ceiling, almost twenty feet up. The ceiling above it was, strangely, wooden. "Hookshot up, then throw it down to me." She glared towards Guy, only to see him already walking towards the wall casually. The douche just leaped up, then double-jumped, and finally propelled the full distance up there... What a fucking prick.

---

Once there, Guy was abruptly charged by a Helmasaur--which he rather easily leaped over, hitting its backside with a kick. The things weren't exactly known for being smart, and the added impact was enough to fling the beast clear off the edge, landing a few feet away from Julius and Sienna with a grotesque CRUNCH. A moment of silence followed, before they heard Guy call out, "No worries. That was the only one."

Indeed, the area he discovered was an area with a shallow ceiling--ten feet by ten feet, roughly. There didn't seem to be any exit, but he figured the Helmasaur must've gotten up here somehow. While waiting for the others, he began to inspect the tiles of the floor, wondering if any of them were loose...
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius felt... anxious, about using the device, to say the least. How did he know that it would support all of his weight? Well, there was only one way to find out... He aimed the device at the panel, carefully. He pulled the trigger. The hook fired.

Julius went sailing into the air at incredible speeds -- it was impressive, honestly. He peaked, reaching the wooden panel, and then began to descend. The hook unlatched, almost automatically -- this contraption was a wonder. It explained their looks of jealousy, at least.

He landed ungraciously on his ass as his body met the floor. "Yeah, that's gonna take some practice," he griped to himself as he stood up. He looked over the ledge, being careful to take off the thing without firing it. He threw it down to Sienna -- hopefully she'd catch it without firing into herself, or something. He knew she was more adept than that -- but its trigger seemed to be a little more sensitive than he'd thought at first.

He looked over to Guy, who was still examining the tiles. "I don't think--" he stopped himself as he saw a tile quite obviously shift. "Never mind," he said, being wary of the entire place suddenly. Maybe they could use the Hookshot to rip the worm he knew to be under there up -- if it worked like that, at least.

He began to examine the rest of the room, lookinf for where that Helmasaur could have come from. The room was just a slight bit tiny -- there wasn't too many places for it to have come from. Then, an idea struck him. He pulled out his Lens of Truth -- perhaps there was an illusion?

He was glad to have made this purchase as he noticed another ledge straight ahead of them... going through what was possibly a Tile Worm-ridden trove. Well, how much damage could a worm do to someone in nearly full plate armor? He put on the bravest face he could muster before turning to Guy. "There's an illusion up ahead," he said, motioning to it over the tiles. "I'd guess that's where it came from."

Julius knew Guy could walk on walls and avoid them just all -- perhaps Sienna would derive some joy from ending the creatures? Still, Julius didn't suppose they were particularly difficult to defeat. He took a number of careful steps over the tiles as he began venturing to the other ledge, which Julius was sure lead deeper into the temple.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy glanced towards Julius with a bit of surprise. The man had recognized the device pretty easily--had he never used it before? He had the strange assumption that both he and Sienna had at least tried them out. He shrugged it off, admitting, "Yeah. You'll get used to it."

A couple second later, Sienna herself shot up through the air, stumbling awkwardly as she landed. She readjusted herself and her armor, before tossing the device back to Julius. She momentarily considered just keeping it, but, moving that quickly through the air made it difficult to keep her bearing. "Don't like it," she grumbled, "Keep it."

Guy snickered quietly, glancing back at her, before he continued inspecting the tiles. Sienna was almost disappointed when a tileworm didn't shoot up and fling him across the room--he was being too slow and cautious. He approached but didn't touch several tiles, three of which shifted warily. "Yup," he pointed them out to his comrades, giving them a knowing look. Good thing they all seemed to be thinking the same thing. Without much fanfare, Guy avoided him and pushed through the illusion. With a sigh, he admitted, "I really need to get one of those next time I meet Alice..."

Meanwhile, Sienna took the time to ripe up a nearby tile by force, and smash her fist into the tileworm that was helplessly attached to it. The spikes of her forearm raked across its face, turning it into a bloody, grotesque pulp. She proceeded to give the other two the same treatment. It wasn't truly satisfying, but it felt relieving to crush their miserable little lives regardless. It was like popping zits, for her.

When Julius and Sienna moved through the illusion as well, they entered a rather cramped little room filled with barrels and crates. The door had been a helmasaur-sized hole broken through it. Guy was already inspecting the barrels, almost gleeful as he looked over his shoulder towards them. "Hey... Julius... you remember that nectar we found at that city in the sky?"
  20. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Ah, yes, about that--" Julius began, before realizing Guy was peering into a barrel. If it contained what he thought, they'd be able to do anything they wanted with the stuff -- a fresher sample may even aid reproduction efforts. He looked into another barrel, and then another. The room was full of the stuff!

Unfortunately, the nectar wasn't exactly why he was here. He needed another of the crystals -- at this point, he'd begun referring to them as "Twilight Crystals" -- so that he could finally open the door. They resonated with their creator's energy, and whoever had made them, was obviously powerful.

"Well, I'll be." Julius said in some surprise. "Let's get this to the entrance. We'll have to look around for more, even if we've already got this much," he said, heaving a barrel over his shoulder. His footsteps began clanking back to the beginning of whatever dungeon they were in, before setting the barrel down and repeating the process ad nauseam.

When he finally set the last barrel down, he stood straight and stretched. The barrels were heavy, and the fact that he'd just carried nearly thirty of them didn't help much. He peeked into one. A golden-amber syrup filled it. It was definitely the nectar. Reassured once more, he walked back to the room.

No one had noticed it, but the transportation of the barrels had released as pressure plate... which slowly opened into a pitfall. He brought out his Lens of Truth. "It's clear," Julius said, stowing it away again. It was damned useful, that much was sure.

He wasn't sure how to begin the climb. He drew his Hookshot without much reluctance. If he was lucky, and sometimes he was, there might be a way to catch himself with it. Without much further thought, he leapt down the hole -- and began dropping towards its granite floor. His body was still sailing -- he brought his Hookshot up to aim. He continued to drop as he began to close towards the ground; he was within a few feet of it now. There were wooden supports! He already had his hookshot set to aim, and with impressive speed, triggered it just as his feet touched the ground.

He was thrown into the next room. He could hardly control his momentum -- so he wound up floundering like a fish on the floor. His hookshot was still in hand, thankfully -- he stood, slowly, already disoriented from the impact. The tunnel he'd landed in was at least another forty feet long. He could already see it lead into another gaudy room, however.

The sounds of machinery whirred and whizzed as he set foot into the room. There were platforms in the center, over a mess of spinning cogs -- if someone fell in, they'd probably be ground to dust. Julius walked in, cautiously, getting a feel for what... inhabited the room. There certainly was something, but he couldn't place his finger on it.