Turn Back for What

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Guy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(( Cool, hookshot shoots forward at light speed and negates all downward momentum. :sarcasm: ))

With a groan, Sienna reluctantly helped carry the barrels. She had a fairly easy time lifting them, but because each had even more mass than her body, she couldn't get a good enough hand-hold to carry more than one at a time--especially not considering she was carrying her glaive the entire time. How obnoxious. Why was she even bothering to help them?

Guy himself managed to roll the barrels along the floor and out of the dungeon, while taking care the lids were on fairly tight. He couldn't help but beam--this stuff was going to be worth a fortune, whether he found a use for it himself, or sold it to Gustav.

Although the trio was forced to take a different route back to the entrance, it was fairly unguarded. The only enemies in their path were a handful of Keese, numerous small spiders--which no one seemed to recognize--and a second Helmasaur. None of these were so threatening, nor so cunning, that they couldn't be defeated by any single member of the intrepid trio--even while carrying a barrel.

. . .

As Sienna hauled away the last barrel, Guy and Julius returned to see the floor opened, a pitfall inside. Guy proceeded to walk down the length rather casually, as Julius... decided to just leap down it.

Guy's eyes widened a bit. He expected to hear a splat in about three seconds, but was a bit surprised when there instead came a clashing of boots and armor against the ground a short distance away. It was difficult to see all the way down, but apparently Julius as used his hookshot. Even by the standards of Guy--a Deku Scrub who fought Darknuts shirtless, and spent time with several murderous sociopaths--that seemed excessively reckless.

He called back over his shoulder, "I'll see you down there, Sienna!" There was no response but the shambling of her armor, but even then he was fairly certain she got the message, but just didn't care to tell him that. How would she get down here, though? Well, knowing her, she would find a way.

Guy himself wound up in the room which--unknown to him--Julius darted out of as soon as he landed. Guy presumed the Hylian was still up ahead, but in which direction, he couldn't be certain. The tunnel went two ways, after all, and the hum of unseen machinery made it difficult to hear something as subtle as footsteps.

After glancing in one direction, he looked in the other--and abruptly burst into flames as a Dynalfos pounced on him out of nowhere. A colossal mallet swung towards him in a wide horizontal arc, forcing Guy to leap back at the last moment--the blow glanced off his shield. Skidding backwards, Guy's hand fumbled but succeeded in drawing his sword.

Before the monster could further his assault, Guy spat out a blast of Fire from his flaming gullet. The monster predictably covered behind its steel buckler--but hardly expected Guy to use that time to leap over him. While still high in the air, Guy spat a Deku Nut straight down into the creature's face, stunning it long enough for Guy to propel downwards with a ferocious stab of his blade, landing a hit across the creature's shoulder. He was aiming for the neck, but...

"W-wait!" The Dynalfos spoke, abruptly, holding a hand out. He dropped the mallet, hands quivering.

Guy hesitated on his assault, but kept his guard raised. Dynalfos didn't normally use cowardly tactics and deception, but that didn't mean there could be an exception.

The creature was breathing heavily. It was desperately speaking a language which sounded similar to Hyrulean, but which Guy could not fully decipher. There were some words which were the same or similar, "...apology... Lizalfos... Temple..." If they had truly gone back in time, Guy mused, then perhaps it was speaking some archaic form of the Hyrulean language.

Guy wondered if he was more of a Lizalfos than a Dynalfos, but just happened to be wearing armor more akin to the latter. If that was the case, why did he bother attacki--oh, right, Guy almost forgot that he was 'just' a Deku Scrub. This fool didn't think a real warrior could be packed in a little brown creature with leafy hair. It was a fair mistake to make. Furthermore, a real Dynalfos probably would have been able to block that Deku Nut, or at least been smart enough to look away.

"Do not move," Guy firmly commanded. He originally had no intentions on taking a prisoner, but wasn't exactly the sort to take a life without necessity, either. Furthermore, this Lizalfos might actually be an aid in navigating this place--or figuring out where they were. He kept his sword raised against the creature, and left his body aflame to look as intimidating as possible. His other hand, however, carefully crept into his pouch, before pulling out a small shell.

Glaring at the Lizalfos, Guy breathed words into the commshell, "Julius. Julius, are you there? Double back... A Lizalfos has surrendered to me." He hesitated to call Sienna. She would no doubt not see the value in any information the creature would have, and instead just torture it for fun before inevitably killing it. Guy supposed he could offer the Lizalfos to her as a present, if all else failed.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius heard the Comm Shell whistle to life, hurriedly digging it out of his pouch. He listened to Guy's words. "A Lizalfos, huh? I'm on my way." He spoke into the shell, leaving the room. It was odd. There was... a disturbance there, he felt. No, there couldn't be. The room was empty. Maybe he was just going crazy. Regardless, he turned and left, walking down the hallway as he soon saw Guy holding the Lizalfos at blade point.

He looked the creature over carefully. It was definitely very well armoured. It had ebony mail, like the Darknuts they'd fought earlier. Like the mail Julius wore. "Alright," he said, crouching in front of the creature. It was probably easy to mistake him as a Darknut with all of his gear on. He met him at eye level. He was frightened, that much Julius could see. It eyed the blade on his belt warily. "Take it easy. We're not here to kill you," there was an emphasis on we. He gestured between himself and Guy, in case it didn't catch the meaning of his words. It responded in what sounded like Ancient Hyrulean. Julius could make out a few words, "Warrior... valiant... trial..." it trailed off into gibberish again before returning with "temple".

"Alright, so you understand some of what we're saying." Julius spoke slowly, deliberately. The Lizalfos pondered his words for a second before nodding, slowly. "Excellent. What we want to know is: where are we?" It sounded off in gibberish before Julius put up his hand. "Slowly," he told the creature, still gazing into its eyes. It nodded again, before saying, clearly and distinctly, "Temple of Time".

Julius was flabbergasted. He'd heard mention of such a place before, and knew that the grove they had visited was especially important, but... No. It all made sense now. The song, the legend of the blade -- once upon a time, perhaps it would have been true. It was amazing. They were standing in the single most important building in Hylian history. The gateway to the Sacred Realm. "Guy," he said, obviously short of breath. "Do you have any idea what the Temple of Time is?"
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy's eyes widened slightly at hearing this place's name. It certainly would explain how upon entering the place, they seemed to travel backwards in time. If it was any other Lizalfos, he wouldn't have believed it, but it did all seem to fall into place. He gave a soft laugh, "What a coincidence." His eyes glittered slightly, "I don't suppose that Hylian blade--the Master Sword, right?--is still here." Something like that would be priceless to any Hylian--enough to pay for a great flying machine and more. That entire race frantically faps to their own myths and legends, after all.

He glared at the Lizalfos again, seeing a confused and terrified expression. Guy's two words were deliberate: "Master. Sword?" The only response he received was a slow, uneasy shake of its head. Either it wasn't here, or the Lizalfos had no idea what it was. Figures.

"You." Guy jabbed a finger towards it. "Here." He pointed towards the ground. "Why?" He shrugged.

By now the Lizalfos seemed to be getting the message on how to speak so they could be understood. He said several words slowly and clearly. Two were unmistakable as, "Mechanic," and "Upkeep."

If this truly was the Hylian's oh-so-sacred, oh-so-mythical temple, why would a Lizalfos be here upkeeping it? Either the Lizalfos was lying to them, or there was something about the Temple of Time he didn't already know. Darknuts could be magically created to guard the place, even if Hylians themselves rarely took to that practice, so at least that made sense. That said, why would Dynalfos, Helmasaurs, and spider-creatures be here--and not Hylians? There was obviously something fishy going on. He voiced these concerns to Julius in a hushed but hurried voice, so that the Lizalfos likely wouldn't be able to both hear and understand, ending with, "Is there something about this place I don't know, or should we get Sienna down here to have some fun?"
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "I... that's a good question," he said in the same hushed tone. Maybe, he thought, it existed before the Hylians settled? It would explain the Lizalfos, the Darknuts, the helmasaurs... but still, that raised the question: who the hell built this thing, then? None of it made sense. "It's possible," Julius began, keeping an eye on the Lizalfos, "that this is before the Hylians settled. This place," he gestured around them, "is supposed to serve as a sort of doorway to the Sacred Realm. But... why? Who built this thing? How do you even get there from here? I don't..." An idea struck him.

He spoke to the Lizalfos in the same deliberate tone, "Hylians." He removed his helmet. "Hylian." He pointed at his face. The Lizalfos asked, "Pointy ears?"

"Yes, you seem to be getting the hang of it." The Lizalfos spit. It was clear he was unhappy about whatever had happened. "Pointy ears... defilers... interlopers..." he continued rambling until Julius recognized "Twilight". He stopped him from talking. "Twilight? Here?" He asked. The Lizalfos nodded. "Good. Show us," he said, turning to Guy.

He began to explain things to him as they followed, "It turns out, being Guard Captain gives a few privileges when it comes to 'forbidden lore' or whatever you want to call it. The Twili -- people literally not from this plane of existence -- were expelled, cast out, beyond centuries ago. It's hard to pinpoint a time frame, exactly, but the reason I've been contacting and parading around with you? The reason I was at the City? I think they're planning an invasion. Something like it, at least -- it's why I went to the Arbiter's Grounds. There was a mirror there, that was said to be a gateway between our realms. Only to find, it'd already been broken. So I developed an alternative. Rather, it wasn't me, but a friend. The same friend that's worked so hard at reproducing that nectar."

They came upon an intersection and hung a sharp right. "Anyways. I believe this is the last bit we'll need -- whoever has been going around, planting these shards, was an extremely powerful magician. Someone powerful enough to weaken weaken the border between worlds, at least." That finished most of his schpiel. It was probably something Guy didn't want to hear -- if he was even paying attention, at least. Regardless, it was all a little far-fetched. Then again, they had literally just walked back in time on little more than a whim. There were harder things to beelieve.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Hm," Guy smirked a little. It seemed Hylians had never been very popular in these lands, which was rather amusing. He supposed all races were dicks in their own ways, but only Hylians also managed to be almost universally douchebags. As far as Guy knew, the 'Sacred Realm' was just some holy, wonderful place all Hylians wanted to be for some reason he couldn't understand. It didn't matter when or where you were, your life would suck just as much as it always did, regardless of how sacred or defiled the ground beneath you happened to be. Still, it might be worth seeking out this realm, if only to satisfy his curiosity... and shove it in the face of a jealous Hylian or two.

"I was wondering why you would hang around with a couple of Denzritas," he scoffed, "Our family name alone is probably memorable to a guard captain." At least, it used to be. Julius didn't seem so oblivious as to not realize he was romping around with a thief and a serial killer. At least Guy had a more solid answer. He had some kind of obsessive Twilight fetish, and needed two people crazy enough to help him murder monsters to steal it away from whoever held it. It made perfect sense--Guy practically rolled his eyes.

"Sacred Realm or not, I do wonder why Twili would be involved." He gave a cautionary glance to the guard captain, "I've met one or two of them in my time, claiming they came from some Twilight Realm... with odd mannerisms and an odder appearance to back it up." He shrugged a bit, "Didn't know about that banishing bit, though." A Twilght Realm certainly sounded like it would be more interesting than a Sacred one, in his mind. Whether or not some invasion was happening--how would Julius know anything definitive about that, anyway?--it seemed like it would be an interesting place to see, judging from the people he met who hailed from it.

In the meantime, however, all Guy wanted was to extract whatever further treasures he could from this place he could.

Finally, the two and their prisoner reached a strange, ominous pair of doors that seemed to be made out of solid black metal, encrusted with dimly glowing green runes. Though Guy couldn't recognize the language itself, he remembered that green-on-black look from an old Twili friend of his...

Before he could ask the Lizalfos about the door, however, a colossal glaive shot through its chest, blood gushing out. A hoarse groan escaped the creature's gullet as it fell to the floor. Guy facepalmed, as Sienna strode up and began to stab her hand into the wound, reaching for the creature's still-beating heart before pulling it out of its body.

She gave an indifferent look to Guy, then Julius. "What." Her cold, iron voice sounded like it could've ripped out a heart, too.

Guy shuddered at the sight of the heart still throbbing in his sister's hand. He sighed heavily, and looked away, his voice trailing off, "You'd... think I would get used to seeing disembodied hearts, at some point..."
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    This is what I get for making Sienna an ally, Julius thought to himself. Had he not been wearing his helmet, he would have been pinching the bridge of his nose.

He saw her fish out his heart and hold it aloft. He wanted to vomit. Either way, he passed by the Scrub. "I'm surprised you didn't bisect him. You seemed to really enjoy that sword." A grin flashed under his helmet. He had seen her welling rage -- only to be dumbfounded when she'd finally drawn the blade. Ah well, he knew the difficulties of keeping a surplus of equipment.

He ran his hand over the black steel of the door. It was... odd. Unnatural, almost. Like a flicker in space... even time, it would seem. The script was by no means Ancient Hylian -- nor was it the more modern descendant. It left Julius with only a guess as to what it could be. "Well... I'm not sure what to expect, honestly. This thing is... unsettling. I doubt it's supposed to be here. I'm opening it anyways," he said, swinging the black panels inward.

The inside of the room was... interesting, to say the least. Swirls -- vortexes -- of green and black spun across the walls... if they could even be called walls. It was difficult to describe. They sat in somewhere that could be called a 'room', in that it had an entrance and an exit, but at the same time, it felt like they were outside of whatever meanings those words held. It was sparsely decorated, let alone inhabited, as well. There stood a lone figure in the center of the room.
    "I hadn't expected visitors quite this soon," it spoke in a calm voice. It was an exceedingly neutral, indifferent voice. It was unnerving. "Regardless," the being continued, "I shall see here if you are truly fit to meet me at my most powerful state." It raised to its feet. He was garbed in clothing that was patterned -- straight, sleek lines of green over a lighter shade of black. It was certainly Twili in origin, though Julius had no way to make such a connection. It dropped into a fighting stance as two scimitars assembled from whatever magic the being wielded. "You have made excellent deductions about my intent and power," he continued, still perfectly neutral. "Here, we stand outside of time... outside of your realm. It is not quite yours while you are within that temple, though, is it? Tell me," behind the hideous helmet the Twili wore, you would have seen a smirk. "Does that l amuse you?" His words slowly twisted into words filled with glee, with excitement. He was trying to tempt Julius into folly. "But, as you can imagine... this place, this sanctuary, you could say, weakens me greatly. Tell me... do you know how it feels to have power torn from you? From your people? You will soon find out..."

Without much more of a monologue, he began to move. They were the movements of a trained, experienced fighter -- whoever this guy was, it was obvious that he was no joke.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Hm," Guy smirked a little. It seemed Hylians had never been very popular in these lands, which was rather amusing. He supposed all races were dicks in their own ways, but only Hylians also managed to be almost universally douchebags. As far as Guy knew, the 'Sacred Realm' was just some holy, wonderful place all Hylians wanted to be for some reason he couldn't understand. It didn't matter when or where you were, your life would suck just as much as it always did, regardless of how sacred or defiled the ground beneath you happened to be. Still, it might be worth seeking out this realm, if only to satisfy his curiosity... and shove it in the face of a jealous Hylian or two.

"I was wondering why you would hang around with a couple of Denzritas," he scoffed, "Our family name alone is probably memorable to a guard captain." At least, it used to be. Julius didn't seem so oblivious as to not realize he was romping around with a thief and a serial killer. At least Guy had a more solid answer. He had some kind of obsessive Twilight fetish, and needed two people crazy enough to help him murder monsters to steal it away from whoever held it. It made perfect sense--Guy practically rolled his eyes.

"Sacred Realm or not, I do wonder why Twili would be involved." He gave a cautionary glance to the guard captain, "I've met one or two of them in my time, claiming they came from some Twilight Realm... with odd mannerisms and an odder appearance to back it up." He shrugged a bit, "Didn't know about that banishing bit, though." A Twilght Realm certainly sounded like it would be more interesting than a Sacred one, in his mind. Whether or not some invasion was happening--how would Julius know anything definitive about that, anyway?--it seemed like it would be an interesting place to see, judging from the people he met who hailed from it.

In the meantime, however, all Guy wanted was to extract whatever further treasures he could from this place he could.

Finally, the two and their prisoner reached a strange, ominous pair of doors that seemed to be made out of solid black metal, encrusted with dimly glowing green runes. Though Guy couldn't recognize the language itself, he remembered that green-on-black look from an old Twili friend of his...

Before he could ask the Lizalfos about the door, however, a colossal glaive shot through its chest, blood gushing out. A hoarse groan escaped the creature's gullet as it fell to the floor. Guy facepalmed, as Sienna strode up and began to stab her hand into the wound, reaching for the creature's still-beating heart before pulling it out of its body.

She gave an indifferent look to Guy, then Julius. "What." Her cold, iron voice sounded like it could've ripped out a heart, too.

Guy shuddered at the sight of the heart still throbbing in his sister's hand. He sighed heavily, and looked away, his voice trailing off, "You'd... think I would get used to seeing disembodied hearts, at some point..."
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    This is what I get for making Sienna an ally, Julius thought to himself. Had he not been wearing his helmet, he would have been pinching the bridge of his nose.

He saw her fish out his heart and hold it aloft. He wanted to vomit. Either way, he passed by the Scrub. "I'm surprised you didn't bisect him. You seemed to really enjoy that sword." A grin flashed under his helmet. He had seen her welling rage -- only to be dumbfounded when she'd finally drawn the blade. Ah well, he knew the difficulties of keeping a surplus of equipment.

He ran his hand over the black steel of the door. It was... odd. Unnatural, almost. Like a flicker in space... even time, it would seem. The script was by no means Ancient Hylian -- nor was it the more modern descendant. It left Julius with only a guess as to what it could be. "Well... I'm not sure what to expect, honestly. This thing is... unsettling. I doubt it's supposed to be here. I'm opening it anyways," he said, swinging the black panels inward.

The inside of the room was... interesting, to say the least. Swirls -- vortexes -- of green and black spun across the walls... if they could even be called walls. It was difficult to describe. They sat in somewhere that could be called a 'room', in that it had an entrance and an exit, but at the same time, it felt like they were outside of whatever meanings those words held. It was sparsely decorated, let alone inhabited, as well. There stood a lone figure in the center of the room.
    "I hadn't expected visitors quite this soon," it spoke in a calm voice. It was an exceedingly neutral, indifferent voice. It was unnerving. "Regardless," the being continued, "I shall see here if you are truly fit to meet me at my most powerful state." It raised to its feet. He was garbed in clothing that was patterned -- straight, sleek lines of green over a lighter shade of black. It was certainly Twili in origin, though Julius had no way to make such a connection. It dropped into a fighting stance as two scimitars assembled from whatever magic the being wielded. "You have made excellent deductions about my intent and power," he continued, still perfectly neutral. "Here, we stand outside of time... outside of your realm. It is not quite yours while you are within that temple, though, is it? Tell me," behind the hideous helmet the Twili wore, you would have seen a smirk. "Does that amuse you?" His words slowly twisted into words filled with glee, with excitement. He was trying to tempt Julius into folly. "But, as you can imagine... this place, this sanctuary, you could say, weakens me greatly. Tell me... do you know how it feels to have power torn from you? From your people? You will soon find out..."

Without much more of a monologue, he began to move. They were the movements of a trained, experienced fighter -- whoever this guy was, it was obvious that he was no joke.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

There was something about this punk that made Sienna want to rip his mask off and punch him in the face 5000 times or more until he died not from a sudden impact, but from aching, unimaginably painful head trauma and a broken face. That is, more than she usually wanted to do that, anyway. Clutching the bleeding heart of a Lizalfos in her hand, she abruptly chucked it at the jackass if only so it would stain his cloak. Simultaneously, Guy's knife launched through the air towards him. In a sudden poof, his body seemed to fly apart into black specks.

"Wizzarp?!" Guy glanced above him just in time to see the monster tear down towards him with a plummeting attack. Guy barely had time to propel out of the way, sliding backwards on his Hover Boots as he launched another knife. Before his blade even made contact, the freak abruptly spun like a top, blades outstretched.

The strange spin attack simultaneously deflected Guy's knife, while making it difficult for Julius or Sienna to get clo--"Nope." Sienna's nine-foot glaive tore through the air like something few mortals could have ever beheld. Its blunt edge tore into the creature's gut as he spun, and sent him flying nearly a dozen feet into the air. Sienna's only regret was that he was too close for her to use the bladed edge of her polearm. If this was going to be that kind of fight, well, she was already prepared for it. Sienna's body hurled back, before chucking the massive weapon like a javelin. Predictably enough, the obnoxious little prick teleported out of the way before it struck him.

By the time he did so, however, Sienna had already whipped out her ominous, six-foot Death Blade. Beneath her mask, she gave a sidewards glance towards Julius. It was almost as if she was thanking him.

...Meanwhile, Guy was preparing another volley of knifes, while simultaneously wishing his sister would just use the damn wakizashi instead--it was much faster, after all.
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    While the wakizashi may have been faster, Julius knew the reason Sienna wanted to use the sword he'd made -- she wanted to inflict pain beyond anything the smug, prideful dipshit had felt before. He grinned behind his helmet.

Perhaps he'd been wrong in his assessment of their foe before -- aside from an odd whirling technique, he didn't seem very capable at all. It was more to say that he was nearly a child, barely able to wield the swords that graced his grip. Julius saw him teleport himself a distance away. Before anyone could react, he fired an abrupt volley of violet and black orbs. No, orbs was somewhat inaccurate. Whatever spell he was using, it fired squares, with the barest hint of depth.

Julius had no idea what this magic was capable of. He braced himself and readied his shield, expecting some insurmountable force -- but there was none. A slight 'ting' was the only thing that clued Julius as to whether or not he'd actually been hit. It seemed his primary trick was teleporting, at least right now. It suddenly crossed his mind that, whoever this guy was, he was a total joke. Completely harmless!

He teleported within their range again. This time, the fool did hardly anything but charge, almost aimlessly, and perform short, abrupt chops, of which Julius judged as not only incapable of cutting their armor, but also of cutting Guy's stony skin. Julius bashed at the Twili with a great degree of force. The blow slammed into Zant with force, catching him off guard. A second later, and Julius' blade tore through his cloak and into his gray skin. The vortex of energy generated by his Spin Attack only served to further wound their adversary.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy's knife launched with pinpoint accuracy, stabbing into exposed gray skin a split-second after Julius' spin attack. If that wasn't enough, Sienna launched herself forward with a ferocious overhead strike--Guy knew if it landed, the teleporting fool would be struck clean in half. As he expected and feared, however, there was ample time for him to teleport away.

Guy eyed him carefully, as the individual floated high in the air now, charging some kind of spell. The Twili he met before were fairly capable in battle; this one was not. He'd never fought a man from the past before, but figured they would be capable, judging from the Darknuts met earlier. So, then, why was this fool so cocky if he couldn't even get close to landing a solid attack without resorting to teleportation? Guy was certain this fool either didn't know how to fight, or was extremely skilled at making others think that was the case. Regardless, Guy remained on guard--just in case this jester was more than he seemed.

The Twili launched another volley of his magical spells towards the group, spraying across the area. Sienna not only guarded against them almost effortlessly, but her armor seemed to eat them even as she strode forward through the torrent. Meanwhile, all Guy had to do was hold up his Mirror Shield--the volley shot right back towards the origin, blasting him backwards and onto the ground, landing on his ass.

A vicious grin spread across Sienna's face. She was already charging forward, and found the perfect opening as she leaped with vigor, bringing every last fibre of her ridiculously-huge muscles down on the downed creature with a cleaving strike that certainly wouldn't miss again.

A terrific CRACK echoed throughout the room as Sienna's shadow-wrapped blade tore clean through the being's helmet. Before he could fully vanish, her fist instantly shot forward, clutching cloth... feeling it tear as he warped away. Sienna heaved her sword back up, the helmet now awkwardly lodged on the blade, and ripped robes in her hand. Everyone in the room expected to see the fool pop up somewhere else, but...

...Silence.

Sienna bellowed abruptly, "I want to live for a thousand years just so I can spend 900 of them smashing that jester's face into the bloody, rotting, shit-stained corpses of his family."

Guy blinked. Even for Sienna, saying more than ten words at once must've meant she was... definitely pissed. She definitely had the jester part right, that's for sure. He kept his guard raised nonetheless, eyeing the room. It was too odd--too suspicious. He said, with a bit of hesitance, "What was that about? I've never seen someone so... so..." His face twisted, slightly, "Capable of using such magic, and wielding such weapons, but doing so as poorly as that." It was truly unreal. It was as if some great entity chose the most useless Twili of them all and gave him power he couldn't even hope to properly use.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    As the jester once more disappeared, Julius sensed his surroundings. Nothing. He was gone.

As Julius' mind crossed that thought, the temple slowly became visible once more. The now familiar marble and gray stone stood all around them. Still, they heard the mechanics of the temple turning and grinding against each other. He squinted as Sienna talked. He could understand her rage, in this instance, and felt a semblance of it himself. His was, of course, a hidden rage -- it would be of no good, now, to focus upon an enemy that had fled. "Well," Julius began, looking at a banner in the distance. "The sword will be fine, as I'm sure you know. But... he was hardly a threat. You're correct, Guy -- he seemed to have... some form of magical gift, at least. As for how he used those blades of his -- it was a disgrace to the Goddesses. If that was who... no, WHAT I thought was such a threat..." He groaned. The entire expedition may have been, at best, entirely irrelevant. At least they had found more fuel.

"Well, regardless, I'd like to still see what else is in here. It's not exactly every day you travel back in time by countless years, is it?" He chuckled under his breath. "Perhaps you could find some artifacts here, Guy. I know there's more than one museum that would pay ludicrous amounts for anything here." He was a tad bit disappointed. Sienna didn't seem to be getting anything -- but the blade would suffice, he presumed.

He looked around the chamber again. There was another pedestal -- larger, this time, as well as a stone wall with some form of inscription or another. It was very archaic -- Julius didn't know what to think of it. Oh well, he doubted it mattered much anyways. Next to the inscriptions was a small, tight passage -- where it lead, no one knew.

As he neared the cramped hallway, he suggested that the pair of smaller Deku go through first. It would be awful for Julius to slow them down, after all. Regardless, the grinding of machinery grew louder as the entered what was presumably a maintenance shaft.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"I was hoping for something like that, yes..." In truth, his hopes of finding much else were rapidly diminishing. While he had often heard phrases like 'arcane magic' or 'forgotten relics', he supposed those things weren't just lying around a temple like this. They were lucky enough to find the nectar, he supposed. It at the very least seemed like they could go back whenever they wanted, so long as that strange staircase remained intact, but... "Can we even leave the temple? I haven't seen anything resembling a usable exit... and the walls seem solid even by Sienna's standards."

Sienna merely shrugged, but Guy didn't expect her to care. Whether she was murdering things in the present or the past, it probably made no difference for her. Still, he wondered... in her eyes, would it be worth murdering a single Lizalfos, if that meant she couldn't slaughter 100 of that Lizalfos' descendants?

Before he could post the question, they were abruptly ambushed by a half-dozen four-limbed spider-things that pounced at them from seemingly every corner of the maintenance shaft. Guy managed to bounce one of his shield before stabbing a clean shot through another's eye--strange, it seemed, for an arachnid to only have one massive eye. These creatures were furry, and small as a Korok--insect or spider, the scene was too rushed to tell. As another pounced upon his back, Guy abruptly burst into flames, driving it off with a squeal of pain.

Meanwhile, Sienna was smashing her fists and boots into one after another, plowing through them effortlessly. Her glaive couldn't be properly wielded in this cramped corridor. At the same time, however, the spiders' fangs couldn't penetrate her armor, and they weren't sharp enough to aim for the weak spots in it. In less than a minute, Sienna had squashed four, while Guy had slain three. It wasn't much of a fight so much as a quick slaughter.

After extinguishing himself, Guy made his way to a chute of some sort, which led both up and down--seemingly an elevator shaft without an elevator. What was its purpose? A chimney? With a bit of hesitance, Guy began to walk down the chute--before he felt a sudden tug on his shoulder. Sienna glared at him, demanding, "Scarf."

"...Wha--oh. You can borrow it, I guess." He supposed she wanted to go down as well, if only because it meant there were probably more things down there to kill. With a bit of hesitance, he pulled off his Roc's Scarf and handed it to Sienna, who proceeded to wear it as the cape it was designed to be. Guy couldn't help but sigh a little, thinking scarves were far... far cooler.

Guy called back, "Julius, we're headed down. Either follow us, or listen carefully to your Commshell."

A minute or so later, Sienna floated almost eerily into a colossal, dark chamber, before stomping down boots-first onto stone tiles. After Guy dropped down behind her, softening his landing with a propel, Sienna tossed the magical gliding garment into his waiting hands.

The room was sporadically lit by holes in the ceiling, which seemed to open and close at random intervals. Both Denzritas scanned the darkness, sure that something must be lingering here. Guy calmly patted his sister's shoulder, before directing her attention silently to a single, colossal orange eye that rested... in the body of a single, colossal arachnid... which stood on the ceiling. It didn't seem to have noticed them yet.

"Julius," Guy whispered into his Commshell, "You may want to get down here..."
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Uh," he mumbled into the Comm Shell. He walked through the cramped corridor, evading the carcasses of the arachnids. They looked like spiders. Ticks, maybe? Either way, they seemed... familiar, he had to admit. Maybe they were predecessors to tektites? He supposed it to be possible.

He looked of the edge of the chute. "That looks... whatever, I'm coming down." He stowed the Comm Shell. The opening was just wide enough for him to catch himself against both sides. He slowly 'walked' himself down the shaft. It was difficult, and somewhat taxing, but overall it took him perhaps a minute before he thudded onto the ground.

He was already looking at the singular orange eye. He scrambled to his feet -- it was difficult to see in the marginal light. He struggled with the contents of the pouch -- he finally dug out the bladed instrument. He yelled as it began to move its positively enormous form across the equally enormous ceiling -- "The eye! Go for its eye!" He aimed the instrument best it could. He didn't have time to even think about firing the Hookshot -- a beam of red hot energy started flowing from its pupil.

His first reaction was to dodge, so he did. The beam was far more agile than he first assumed, however -- it clashed against his armor, and he hissed as the beam of energy seared his skin. It was for less than a second, but it felt like an eternity. He saw it was aiming for the siblings, now -- "Guy! Use your shield!" He yelled as he began to sprint towards the spider.

The spider itself was at least twice as long as Julius was tall -- it looked mostly sturdily armored, except for a fuzzy abdomen at the end of its form. He depressed the firing mechanism on his Hookshot. It flew straight up, farther and farther, until he felt it connect to the creature's glowing pupil. It crashed onto the floor. It was nearly atop Julius, now -- but even as his blade connected, he couldn't get under its armor. He sent a kick towards its abdomen -- the furry end quickly caught aflame, causing the bug to... shriek? It made some strange form of vocalization -- he had heard something similar before, but it was more akin to chittering.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy pressed his face into his palm so hard he was sure it would have broken, had it not been formed of stone. They come upon a colossal spider-beast that hasn't noticed them--and what does the Julius do? Yell at it so it makes sure to stare right at them, throwing away any possibility of using the element of surprise. Apparently they didn't teach Hylians about the single most important rule of combat. Even Sienna wasn't that stupid. He sighed so hard and was so disappointed in his companion that he probably would have bailed right in that moment, had piles of that precious nectar not been waiting for them at the entrance.

Even while distracted by utter disappointment, Guy managed to hear the man call out, and he somewhat reluctantly raised his shield. A ferociously hot beam nearly two feet in diameter shot out towards himself and Sienna--Guy hissed in pain, his shield not able to deflect all of it, feeling the red-hot energy sizzle across his stone skin.

Sienna herself launched forward, her armor clanging wildly. After launching that beam, the monstrous spider--was it a Gohma? Sienna was unsure, but didn't particularly care--got a flaming kick to its underbelly. It left her the perfect opportunity to rocket her glaive through the air with a ferocious swing, cleaving into one of the monster's legs with a loud CRUNCH...

...Only for her to be utterly shocked when the leg wasn't lopped clean off. What the fuck, were those things made of Goron Iron? She definitely did some damage, but for the exoskeleton not to even be broken after a full attack--what the hell was this thing made from? Sienna was so distracted she barely had time to guard herself against another attack. Its legs shot out towards Sienna and Julius at once, the monster using them as giant spears. While not very sharp, they were apparently at least as hard as steel--which was enough for Sienna to not one lodged through her face.

Guy saw his sister ducking and weaving through several stabs from the legs. Whipping out a few throwing knives, he too slung them at the beast--only for them to bounce off its legs, or sink into its hide without much fanfare. It didn't even flinch. If that wasn't enough, its eye began to glow again towards him--all as it rained down continuous strikes against the other two. What the bloody fuck. Guy couldn't help but feel as though it hadn't even begun to fight, even.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius weaved left and then right around its tendrils. They had enough force that it felt like they could easily punch a hole through his shield if he took it head on -- he parried another one to the left, and then one to the right. Still, the creature kept prodding with its legs.

No matter what happened, they seemed to have difficulty damaging it in a large capacity -- except for, perhaps, Sienna, due to her monstrous strength. Julius' own kicks seemed to have an effect as well -- even if it wasn't explicitly visible. He moved back a bit, beginning to charge a Spin Attack as Sienna covered him. Within a second, a vortex of energy sliced through the air of the temple. It skidded and scraped along its armored body -- it struck several legs as they closed in, one having already been injured by Sienna.

Its armor was beginning to weaken, now, at least wherever Sienna had struck. Its eye had been glowing for a little while now, and Julius knew what was coming. It hadn't ceased its constant barrage of attacks -- no, they only seemed to grow in intensity. "Sienna!" Julius shouted for cover as he ran between its legs, leaping through the air. He flipped himself, right over its eye -- just as his blade struck its eye, it unleashed whatever energy it stored. It refracted and reflected every which way -- his blade grew hot, so hot that it glowed red as his body sailed through the air.

He landed on the other side of the beast, only to immediately be assailed by its legs again. This time, however, they seemed to strike air more often than not -- had Julius blinded it? It was certainly possible. Julius sheathed his blade for an instant, snapping, before immediately drawing his sword again. The beast was furious as its strikes increased in strength -- one hammered Julius in the chest. He flew back more than a meter -- pain reverberated through his body, but he had fought through worse. His sternum was... cracked, broken, maybe. Either way, he definitely wouldn't be able to perform a Helm Splitter any time soon.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Enjoy my shitastic, three-month late post. :rpt:)

Sienna glanced towards the Hylian screaming her name. What, like he expected her to not see that attack coming? Before she even had to deal with the beam, Julius managed to tear his blade clean through the very orifice that would have fired it. The arachnid's pinppoint spear-like leg strikes suddenly became wild, outright missing Sienna and Guy both without them even needing to parry or dodge.

"Almost disappointing." Sienna chuckled quietly. Thought it was nightmarishly strong mere moments ago, this monstrous spider was suddenly so impaired that killing it seemed totally unnecessary. Would it even be able to notice if they ran away? But, of course, she would slaughter it anyway--especially now that its weak point was spouting a vile, glowing liquid. It was almost as if the creature was painting its own wound just for Sienna to exploit.~

As Sienna launched herself through a flurry of gigantic, thrusting legs, Guy doubled back a safe distance. He gave a glance towards Julius, who was now adjacent him. There was a slight nod given, as if of gratitude or respect. "I think... that more or less finished the job." His weapon was still tightly gripped, and his eyes on the monster, but his words were calmed. They both watched Sienna recklessly tear into the fresh wound with glaive and sword alike, driving it further and further away from them, until she had somehow managed to pin the beast against a wall. "...Suffice to say, my sister teaches well the lesson that you should never drop your guard."

With her glaive now torn in half my a steely lag, and her brand-new demonic sword lodged several feet deep into the monster's hide, Sienna's bare gauntlets tore elbow-deep into fresh wounds. Her voice bellowed cackling glee as she forcefully pried out organs and gore for which she knew not the name, eyes glowing with delight like a Kokiri in a candy store. The monstrous beast beneath her twitched, seemingly nothing but what would soon be a colossal corpse...
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius breathed, still expecting something... more, from the beast. He was very curious as to what was coming next.

His breath settled soon as he sheathed his blade again, looking around the room. How the hell were they supposed to get out of here? He looked over to Sienna and Guy. Sienna was... having a little too much fun, but Guy still seemed to be on guard. Well, there was no hope for the monstrous arachnid to still be alive after Sienna's... display.

He turned to Guy. "So, uh," Julius paused for a second. A sudden rumbling emerged from below, shaking the room a bit. "Ah!" Julius screamed in surprise, being knocked off balance for a moment. "That was strange." He adjusted himself. "Perhaps we should leave. Any thoughts on how, exactly, we're going to be leaving here?" They had entered from above, and it was likely there wasn't exactly a stairwell near here.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As Guy watched his sister maim the creature, his breath slowly calmed. Considering how this battle began, he expected more of a fight. If it wasn't for one literally glowing weakspot, that foe would have been formidable indeed... Giving a sidewards glance towards Julius, Guy felt as though the Hylian felt a similar, melancholy sensation of disappointment.

Earthquake? Probably a small one. It almost muffled the question Julius asked, which Guy promptly answered with a nod. After sheathing his weapon, he began to pull out a rather long spindle of hemp rope from his pouch. Handing one end to the man, he asked with a sigh, "Who do you think is heaver: Sienna, or yourself?"

With that sad, Guy took the other end up into the air with a high jump, performed an overly-fancy back-flip with his second jump, and finally propelled himself so high up into the air his outstretched boots only gingerly grazed the ceiling--but it was enough. He looked down towards Julius with a casual salute--bidding him a temporary farewell as he walked towards the orifice from which they entered, one end of the rope in tow.

...He wasn't sure how far the drop was, but hopefully this rope would reach. Hopefully he would be able to pull up one of them--though it likely would mean Julius removing his armor. While Guy was strong for a Deku Scrub, he was still a Deku Scrub, not some sort of freakish monstrosity like Sienna--who, of course, was only now beginning to finish off her playdate with a giant spider corpse.
  20. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "I... Probably me," Julius shouted up after Guy. He looked to the Deku Scrub, who was still enjoying the company of a once mighty arachnid warrior. Its armor was beginning to peel, but he didn't know how to break her apparent trance.

...If he did, it likely would mean death for Julius. He shuddered at the enjoyment she'd most likely derive from it. Who knows, maybe she'd be angry enough to make it swift and unsatisfying. Still, he doubted Guy would manage to pull the nearly four hundred pounds of mass he possessed up the rope either way. He began to rummage through his Adventure Pouch once more, bringing out the archaic and fantastic machinery once more. He aimed it up -- hoping he wouldn't hit Guy in the ass -- and fired the mechanism again. It was truly impressive for it to lift his mass as quickly as it did -- he felt as though he were flying. It was amazing.

He soared through the air again, coming to the cramped corridor he had squeezed through not long ago. He saw Guy there, waiting with the rope. "Maybe you should go get, uh, Sienna. I get the feeling that if I tried to get her attention, she'd flip her shit on me, and probably kill me." He gestured to the rope. "I can probably pull her up-- if you'll just get her on the rope, it'll be fine. I'd appreciate some help, though." He took the rope from Guy, wrapping it around his hands. Hopefully, the edges of the corridor weren't sharp enough to cut through the edges of the hemp.

"If you're going to come back up after getting her, tell me over the Comm Shell, first. I don't want to die of a heart attack, yet."