Trouble in Little Yetiville [Snowpeak] (Genzo with Devilsteel)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Doc Genz, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Answering Hanno, Briggson took to his feet and spoke up. "We're going to be a tight group, and the way up the mountains is certain. If we find any kind of shelter or set up camp, the girl will be in good shape. If she can't make it up with us someone can take her back."

"I need that herb anyway!" Eve retorted. "I've volunteered to help find it, it's better if I get there before the illness gets worse."

"She's bundled up pretty well." Gyoma observed. "She might even be too hot in that outfit."

Briggson shrugged a bit. He wasn't a big fan of bringing her up a mountain, but he himself had done it so many times it was getting hard to judge. He took Pooky's dishes and added them to the pile, they would immediately have to rinse the metal travel dishes for use at camp when they had made it to Snowpeak. Where they were really headed was the Snowpeak Ruins, the only known place the herb had been last seen. The summit of Snowhead was visible from where they were, however. The Snowhead region was located technically on the Snowpeak mountain, which was the highest peak on the range. Briggson could imagine the confused language they might have encountered talking about where they were going, it was a minor mixup though and he was not worried about it.

Pooky stood there, unconcerned. The imp had Wall-Scaling and was bundled up well. He would have no problem going up a mountain. He had spent the night sending letters, but made sure to get his sleep. Pooky's profit margins would be fine if he took a minor vacation up a mountain. He was excited about the marketing possibilities if he got his hands on even one rare herb. Unlike some of the others, he had also heard rumors of Yetis living somewhere in Snowpeak. A once-in-a-lifetime trip like this was one of the things he pinched his pennies for in the first place.

"The girl is right though, as much as I hate to admit it. If we don't get her a remedy on the mountain she may become tooo sick. We have a lot of good leads and we're really close right now. We have no time to waste." Briggson added, getting everything ready for the hike. He had already rinsed off the dishes and put them away or handed them to their respective owners.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Corbin would inject himself into the conversation with a sigh. "It seems her mind is made up Hanno. I would never make this offer under normal circumstances...." The Lynel would trail off as his eyes shifted to the Kokiri girl. "...but if it comes down to it I can give her a ride. Mind you this will be a one time deal." Corbin may be an oddity of a Lynel but he did hold his pride about him and would never offer to let another ride him normally. This situation was just enough for him to make the offer to a small Kokiri girl and only due to her being sick.

Hanno knew that Eve was probably older than he was, but he couldn't help treating her like a child due to her appearance. It was true she would be better off to get the herb sooner by traveling with them, he just had to make sure she didn't over exert herself. Before he had a chance to speak up Casara would have something to say. "I'll stay near her during a fight if you like. I'm best from a mid range and can cover everyone fairly easily from a stationary position while keeping her safe if her illness causes any issues if we run into anything dangerous. Does that set your mind at ease now? She will have a ride if needed and a bodyguard. Stop babying her already."

The Fokka was blunt as always, but Hanno was used to it by now. He also knew he was right. "You're right. I apologize everyone. I have a bad habit of falling back into my healer mindset a little too heavily and often try to prevent the sick and injured from doing much of anything until recovered, but that isn't an option this time." Turning to face Eve, Hanno would bow low to her. "Please forgive me."

Sandal would walk over and look around. It seemed like he had missed something, but he wasn't sure what. "It okay." As always the Moblin was one of few words and his obliviousness would cause Casara to start laughing. "See even Sandal understands." He knew that if the Moblin, the nicest one among the group, was opposed to Eve going there was no point in Hanno worrying so much.
  3. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Casara is right." Eve admitted. "I'm not a baby. Kokiri immunity is closer to a Hylian adult's, but that's all the more reason to save those kids. They don't have it as easy as me."

"You Hanno, you've done a great job. I might have actually had to quit this hike if you didn't get my fever down." she continued, praising the Zora. "And you Pooky-- you better get me some handkerchiefs because my nose is gonna start running again."

Briggson sighed, adding "You better not dump a bunch of frozen snot on me, that's all I ask. If anything looks too much for you I'm sending you to the lodge." he crossed his arms and steadied his breath "Oh brotherrr."

Gyoma interrupted, further complicating the conversation. "Sounds like Corbin has volunteered to carry her though. In that case, everyone is ready to head up the mountain. We don't know what we'll find out there, but we'll need the sun of noontime to get us to it. That's what I believe."

The scheming Miniblin scrounged through his pack. Soon he had retrieved a wad of rough towels. They appeared to be some kind of experimental fiber cloths. He meanly shoved the wad into Eve's arms, giving her a glare as he did so. The enterprising creature wasn't so used to people taking advantage of his generosity. But it was true, he was a man who had many resources to divide among his associates. Pooky tidied up his bag, and then retrieved some thick mittens.

"Pooky is more than ready to go. See if you can catch him! Catch him!" the Miniblin cackled.

He bounced and skipped, rapidly shrinking into the distance. He was either mad or he was going ahead to check what appeared to be a trail map. The little bugger may have been a lot smarter than he looked. Pooky arrived at a trail guide, a small map station that described all of the trail markers and which ways they went. Astonishingly, or even possibly unsurprisingly there were many disappearing trails on the map. No sort of buildings appeared on the otherwise accurate cartography either. If there was some secret up there they were on their own finding it. They would just have to uncovered every route until something out of the ordinary showed its hide.
  4. Devil-Steel

As Eve praised him the Zora would blush a little bit. He would have said something back, but he was at a loss for words. He had never truly been praised for his efforts before. Before he left home, it was just expected of him. Since then he hasn't been in many situations that required his healing and medical knowledge. It was nice to feel appreciated.

As Pooky rushed off the rest of the group would follow after him at their own pace. They didn't want to exert more energy than needed before their trek up the mountian. They would catch up with Pooky at the map station. "Save your energy Pooky. No need for us to rush forward at max speed. We have a long trek ahead of us, and don't even know where exactly it is we are going to find what we are looking for." Chided Casara.

Sandal would rest a hand on Casara's shoulder and grip it firmly. "Be nice." The Moblin hadn't spoken up in defense of Hanno, perhaps because they all traveled together, but when speaking to someone that they had only known for a day Sandal didn't approve. Though thinking back Casara was much the same when Sandal first met him as well.

"Now now Sandal. That's just how Casara is and you know it. We have no chance of changing him, so we are just better off apologizing for him." The way that Corbin spoke was to both inform Sandal and target Casara's personality trait so that maybe he would get the hint. Hanno was near the back of the group staying quiet. He had already been put in his place by Casara who was now getting put in his own place. Their group was surely a little dysfunctional to be sure but they still stayed together and nothing was going to change that.
  5. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Briggson charged to the trail guide, the bundled girl slung over his shoulder. As promised, he was at the end of the line. The circle of explorers was already around the map station. He put the Kokiri back on her feet and checked the complicated map.

"Not so easy to read, huh?" the Goron observed. "This trail here leads furthest. . . and the most of those minerals were spotted in this--"

"What, what is it?" Eve interrupted, unable to parse the map.

"This empty clearing on the map, here! This is the area we have to explore." the world-weary hiker pointed out.

Already so far into the mountains, the sizable group had one thing left to do. They would have to begin the trek, no matter what. While the map made it appear to be a foot-trail all the way, there was simply no guarantee of that. The trail the Goron suggested went way off into uncharted wilds. The group convened, addressing all their last needs before the hike could start. Pooky however stood there bouncing and giddy. The miniature Moblin creature was full of energy like a squirrel on a fall morning.

They began their arduous hike, the air clear of any snow. They had made the right choice making breakfast in town, because the sun's angle was just right to even out their temperature. The group was evened out, with most of the Outcasts taking the lead. Pooky, jittering with hyperactivity, was unreachably in the front. Gyoma was among the Outcasts, and Briggson holding Eve was taking up the back. The slope wasn't so steep yet that Briggson would have to catch anyone losing their footing, so he kept the sniffling Kokiri in a safe postion.

The air was clear. The group was low on the slope so many of the towering stones cast a shadow on them as they made their way slowly by. In the quiet of the walk, it seemed nothing was happening for an awfully long time.
  6. Devil-Steel

The silence would persist as the group continued up the slope, the trail gradually fading away to the mountian before them. Finally the silence would be broken, but not by words. The sound of metal scraping on metal would echo across the mountian as Sandal removed his helmet and slid it under his left arm. Reaching into his adventure pouch he would pull out a fistful of dried meat, and take a large bite of it. He had decided to eat now while the footing was still mostly solid and he didn't have to concentrate on where he was going.

It was a sight to behold for the group of outcasts. It wasn't often Sandal was comfortable enough to remove his helmet around others. This was surely a good sign on things to come. At least a sign that maybe one day Sandal would proudly walk around with his...helmet at the least. They all knew he loved armor too much to ever stop wearing it. At least he kept it clean so it didn't smell like what a Moblin normally smells like.

As they progressed further up the slope it was starting to steadily become steeper, Corbins pace clearly the first to be affected by it. It wasn't by much and he wasn't struggling yet, but it seemed like that time would be quickly approaching. Oh what he wouldn't give to be a two-leg right about now.

The first snowflake could be seen slowly falling to the ground. It was starting to snow ever so slightly, but not hard enough that the group would need to worry about their path getting slick or harder to climb just yet.
  7. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Judging from the previous map, they were going in the right direction. Briggson held a crude copy of the trail on a sheet of parchment. They were ever nearing the site that the original map had left blank. Briggson was curious, as the minerals that would supposedly line this whole area were missing. Perhaps it was due to erosion? It would be bad if the plant was more rare as a result, or worse, extinct.

They had trudged through the growing font of snow. It was occurring to the group that the climb they feared was coming into sight. They had abundant rope for a climb, they had only counted on it not being so steep Corbin couldn't ascend without some considerable help. Like a pulley system.

There was an uncomfortable quiet as they neared the slope. Briggson finally spoke up, the slope coming ever closer. He explained he'd rope every one of them together so they could all ease up the slope. With every one of them pulling, Corbin in the back, they could get the entire group pulled to the ledge. Briggson felt bad for the sniffing Kokiri. He took a moment to stop the group, and carried the girl up with the brute of his own two arms. With her secured on his back, all he had to do was work his toned rocky biceps up the stone ramp.

Finally, the girl sitting at the top, Briggson rolled back down and secured everyone to the Cheval Rope. It was a cord that could only be snapped by legendary means.

"Any last concerns? I won't go up if there's a problem." Briggson growled, smiling from the workout.
  8. Devil-Steel

As Briggson spoke all eyes would be on Corbin. If anyone was going to have any concerns with this method of climbing the slope it was sure to be the one that was going to struggle the most. The Lynel would only shake his head as he tightened the rope around himself. He was worried about hampering the others, but he wouldn't speak on it.

With no objections brought up by anyone the group would begin their climb up the slope with Corbin waiting at the back o the group for the line to lose slack. He was smart enough to know slipping with slack would be much worse than slipping when a line full of tension. Once the Cheval Rope was taut with tension the Lynel would begin his way up the slope.

It was a tough climb to be sure, his hoofs unable to dig in or grasp any footholds with his lack of toes made for a tough climb. It was a slow way up the slope, but once the rest of the group had reached the top where Eve was waiting for them something surprising would happen. Sandal would take hold of the rope and being pulling Corbin up. "Relax." The Moblins strength was great, aided by his Power Lift technique, would quickly pull Corbin the rest of the way up the slope.

With the entire group now at the top of the slope they would take a break. The climb would have been difficult on it's own, but pulling a Lynel up behind them had made it that much more difficult. "Why don't we take a small break, catch our breath, and rehydrate after that climb." Hanno was mostly worried about Sandal after he took over pulling Corbin up, but he was sure everyone could use a small break after that.
  9. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Atop the great slope, there was a small clearing with a single large tree. This tree had some large leaves, completely frozen into little boat shapes. Some of the rock-hard leaves had fallen to the ground, surrounding the tree. Taking the Zora's advice, everyone surrounded the tree to relax. They immediately passed their water supplies around.

Down the way from the peak was a sight. There was a slope-like winding path of snow that disappeared into the distance. Something resembling a canyon appeared in the vast darkness to the left. Some form of massive avalanche filled the end of the canyon, bridging the winding path to a dark concave megastructure in the distance. The stony dark mishmash of mountaintops seemed to spell out one thing to Briggson: minerals. Their best bet at finding the un-eroded minerals was behind that supermassive wind-shield.

The air was too quiet, as this seemed like the ideal place for a loud and excited Yeti. The silence was cut by the group pretty soon though, as they scrambled over their water and rations. Some flakes of snow blew by now and then. The spiral of flakes had to weave around mountaintops to reach them. However, a thick cloud had appeared over the horizon to the east. If they didn't find their target, the westward blowing cloud would entrench them in a snowstorm.

"I have a feeling the weather won't stay clear." Briggson explained, grabbed everyone's attention. "It's not too long on foot downhill to get to that dark area over there. We'll need to check that area, aware we may have to turn back at any time. If we set up camp that way, we may be able to weather the snow. That said, I don't know what that shape in the distance is."

Gyoma looked on into the distance. The downhill slope was ironic to him, as he knew his beloved mounts would treat the path as no trouble. There was no way they would have gotten a full group of horses up that slope though. Maybe his personal mount, Bullion, could handle the slope. It would have been a hassle to bring the creature alongside the full group though. He took one last look at the relaxing Pooky, before getting bored of the sight. There was a moment of everyone looking at each other, before it was clear they had to get going.
  10. Devil-Steel

While they took their break everyone would take notice of the shape in the distance as Briggson pointed it out. Casara stood at the edge of the downhill slope and looked down the path. It was a long way on foot, and the Fokka doubted they could make to that strange shape in the distance before the snowstorm was upon them. Turning back towards the tree the answer would almost slap him in the face....literally.

One of the large leaves would fall from the tree, barely missing Casara before landing hard on the ground. A smile would crawl across his face. "Then it sounds like we need to pick up the pace. Why don't we use these." Bending over Casara would pick up the leaf that had almost knocked him out and take it over to the ledge. Setting it down over the edge of the downhill slope he would keep it in place with one foot before giving one final look to the rest of his traveling group. "I'll meet ya at the bottom!" With that Casara would put his other foot on the front of the leaf and shift his weight forward just enough to cause the leaf to tip. With that the Fokka was off down the hill at a pace just slightly faster than most could run. His leaf sliding across the top of the snow with him on top.

Before anyone had a chance to say anything fast heavy footsteps could be heard as Sandal ran to the downhill slope a leaf in hand. "SLEDDING!" With that one word Sandal would crouch down low and launch himself down the slope belly first on top of a leaf. Gleeful laughter filled the air for a few minutes, slowly growing fainter and fainter as the Moblin got further and further away on his 'sled'.

Corbin and Hanno would sigh in unison as two of their party members rushed off downhill without waiting for everyone to agree to travel by such means. The two of them knew that they had to press on regardless now, unable to leave their two companions behind. Hanno would pick up a leaf and lean in onto his shoulder with another sigh. "If none of you are comfortable with this mode of travel, I understand. If you would prefer to turn around before the snowstorm sets in, I understand. Corbin and I can't leave those two behind though. We have to go after them. None of you are required to follow along if you don't want to. I do apologize for their rash actions." The Zora was embarrassed at the sudden lack of professionalism that Casara displayed. He was also surprised that it was Casara and not Pooky would suggested such an idea and took off without waiting to hear what anyone had to say.

Corbin would look at the other four members unsure what their choice would be. While their was no leaf on the ground large enough for him, he could run about as fast as those leaves would travel. It would be tiring to be sure, but he didn't have a choice in the matter at this point. He would wait to see what the rest of their group decided on before he would make that downhill sprint after his two companions.
  11. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Briggson shrugged, plummeting several leaves into place. He took off his huge backpack as well.

"All someone has to do is hold my pack and everyone will have a leaf. The girl has two lengths of cheval rope, and I have a longer length. Corbin, if you pull their 'sleds' down the hill carefully, I can roll down on my own." he offered.

He was right about there not really being enough leaves. The group noted that one last leaf could hold Gyoma and Pooky, another could hold Eve and the backpack. There was a smaller one that would easily hold a skating Hanno, but that was it. Preparing for their only final plan,(besides just heading back and abandoning those two) Briggson handed Corbin his rope and started to rev up his Goron Roll.

Slightly dizzy, Eve laid back on the backpack. She held tight to her rope, unsure of when she should tense up. Pooky sat before Gyoma, bracing himself to the leaf with his pitchfork. It was all going to depend on Corbin. A Lynel of his size would have no trouble sliding those behind him on the slick snow. Moving carefully enough, there would be little danger on the wide slope bare of any trees. It was like the mountain was plowed smooth by giants.
  12. Devil-Steel

With a nod Corbin would position himself between the two leaves, and fashion the longer length of cheval rope into something of a harness that was then tied around the front of Gyoma and Eve's leaves. The two shorter lengths of cheval rope they would be tied around the back of the leaves and then bound to his hind legs. It was the only way to truly control the 'sleds' while going downhill. With the leaves secured Corbin would give one final look to Hanno and wait for him to set off on his sledding journey before starting down the slope himself. This would have proved much more difficult for him to do had he not picked up a snowshoe ring back in town.

Meanwhile at the bottom of the slope Casara would see a building fast approaching and would turn his leaf sideways in an attempt to slow himself down, instead all he accomplished was throwing himself off of his leaf and, thanks to his snowshoe ring, bouncing across the top of the snow sliding to a stop in front a few feet away from the strange building.

Before Casara had a chance to gain his composure he would hear yelling coming from behind him. Turning around he would see Sandal sliding directly at him. Quickly jumping out of the way he could only watch as Sandal slammed into the wall of the strange building knocking free all the snow that had built up on it over the years to come crashing down on top of him burying him in the snow. Seems Casara wasn't the only one that had problems slowing down. Here's hoping the others fared better than they did.
  13. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The botanical Goron rolled down the slope, kicking up dusty snow in a huge cloud behind himself. Briggson skated over the final area and skidded to a stop right before the odd building. Watching the other two closely for a second, Briggson turned his attention toward the terrain. He saw the dark mineral up on the peak that coincided with the strange ruined fortress. At this point, he still didn't see the herb. Could it have been someone lived in the ruins and was collecting all of it? They were out of options and that had to be the case.

The rest of the crew arrived alongside Corbin. They had been careful to stay atop their leaves, and their towing companion had run into no problems for the most part. Collecting all of their ropes, Briggson also equipped his signature backpack. Gyoma and Pooky lifted the odd Kokiri. Eve was holding up, and was fortunately no longer far from their goal. Pooky looked upon the group, excited to find the marketable remedy inside.

"I know I have guided you up the mountains, brothers and sister. But I'm not certain what comes next. I relinquish my leadership in this place. I hope everyone keeps their wits about them." Briggson stated, keeping his voice loud and steady for all to hear.

With Briggson's blessing, Eve equipped a sharp gleaming blue object. It was a sizable dagger with a long silvery chain and a wispy tassel attached. Following the girl's lead, Pooky equipped his trident and Gyoma revealed his Lizal weapon. Briggson, looking on, took one look at his own two fists and nodded his head along. They all looked up at the massive pair of doors ahead. The disheveled building stood in the shadow of a pointed peak, several towers shooting out in the distance. Something that stuck out to all of them was a single, small trail of smoke coming from the center of the facility.
  14. Devil-Steel

As everyone began to ready their weapons Hanno would draw his spear from his holster from his back while staring at the small trail of smoke. They clearly weren't alone here and Hanno didn't particularly care for that realization. He would grip his spear tightly worried about what it was they might run into once they pushed those large doors open. He hoped that they wouldn't have to fight, but knew better than that. It was rare for such places not to be infested with the forces of Ganon.

Casara would crouch low and dig through the snow on the ground until his left hand made contact with a rock. Standing up the rock would hover around his hand. Slowly forming into a small disc shape, much similar to a shield. With that ready he would grab his halberd and look towards the large doors. Luckily they had Corbin and Sandal here, the two of them should be capable of pushing the doors open.

Corbin would slowly approach the large doors and motion for Sandal to join him. Each of them would stand in front of one of the large doors. Corbin would look back at the rest of the group. Each of them seemed ready for a fight, their guards up. Turning his attention back to the Moblin he would give a nod and the two of them would start to push with all their might.

Slowly the two massive doors would begin to move, creaking loudly as they opened. It sounded as if these doors had not been opened in quite some time. The two would stop pushing once the doors were fully open and take a few steps back to ready their weapons. Sandal grabbed the large club hanging from his hip and rested it on his shoulder, while Corbin drew his greatsword and readied his shield. With that the group was now fully equipped and ready for whatever this strange building had in store for them.
  15. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    As the group of eight entered the massive pair of doors, they'd be struck with a surprising sight. The halls were massive and somewhat dark. Surrounding them were massive suits of armor, similar to Sandal's. These lined the hallway on each side. On the huge walls were many incredibly detailed portraits and paintings, with frames big enough that it would be a chore for even Corbin to hold them. These paintings sat in huge mountains under a massive double staircase. Above them were large hanging platforms that appeared to be defunct ceiling-mounted firepits, ergo enormous lamps. Light coming from the ceiling seemed to back up this speculation as flaps had to be made in the roof to let the enormous amount of smoke out.

Roaming about the sports-field sized hall were a number of Chilfos. These javelin-hurling monsters were dangerous on a whole other level. Many had already primed their frozen weapons to meet the intruders. Expecting the worst, Briggson charged ahead and primed his stony skin for the assault. Several thrown javelins came to meet him, and he shattered one or more of them as they collided with his statuesque body. Gyoma, Pooky, and Eve all entered carefully and almost completely obscured behind the figures of Sandal and Briggson.

"Is everything going to be made of ice in here? I better learn to control flames much sooner in that case." Eve observed among the charging group.

The first to appear behind the heavy hitters was Gyoma, who brandished his Lizal kukri and Lizal shield. He charged one of the recoiling Chilfos and shattered it from the center. Another javelin rained down and Gyoma parried it away with his deft shieldplay. Pooky began to rally the group with his trumpet-playing. If anybody was pulling the strings they would be alert to this invasion.
  16. Devil-Steel

As Briggson rushed forward, Casara would drop to the ground. Placing both of his hands upon the marble floor, he would cause small marble walls to rise up in front of Pooky, Eve, and Hanno. "Hanno feel free to join us if you think you can avoid all of the spears, otherwise take cover." With his warning Casara would quickly stand up and rush off towards the Chilfos parrying a couple of their javelins with his stone shield. Once he was halfway through the room he would slide down to the ground and form a marble spire. Firing off the spire of marble he would shatter a Chilfos that had wandered too far from the rest.

Corbin wasted no time in joining the fight. While Casara was making his walls, Corbin had rushed in alongside Briggson. His greatsword was glowing red, tucked safely behind his large shield. A number of javelins could be heard hitting the Lynels shield. The first Chilfos that would step in front of him would find itself ran over as Corbin rammed into it shield first and kept going. He would circle around to the back of the group of Chilfos and swing his glowing greatsword releasing multiple waves of flame as his sword swept through a different Chilfos'.

Hanno had decided to stay back behind the wall that Casara had made for him. His progress forward would have been greatly hampered by dodging the javelins after all. He justified staying out of the battle by telling himself that he was staying back to cover Pooky and Eve if any of the Chilfos managed to make their way across the room and reach them.

Meanwhile Sandal was nowhere to be seen during this battle. If any of them were to look towards the edge of the room they would find the Moblin near the large suits of armor that lined the wall. He was quickly swaying back and forth as he took apart one of the suits of armor and stuffed it into his adventure pouch before moving onto the next one in the line. The Chilfos didn't even register as a threat to the heavily armored creature so instead of joining the fight he was just swaying happily at gaining new pieces of armor to work on later. Each of them were about his size, but had different designs that he had never seen before. He was happy, at least up until a javelin aimed for him struck one of the suits of armor and caused it to come crashing to the ground. This angered the Moblin who would let out a scream as he rushed away from the armor towards the Chilfos that had hit the armor. Javelins could be seen bouncing off his armor as he charged forward.
  17. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The onslaught of party members cut through the line of Chilfos somewhat quickly. Even with Sandal distracted, the group didn't bend to the assault of icy javelins. Shattering an oncoming spear, Gyoma held his shield out to protect Eve. The girl came from behind him and launched the chain connected to her dagger out in an arc. This swinging chain wrapped the struggling Chilfos and left it vulnerable. Eve retrieved her hammer from within her Adventure Pouch and smashed the Chilfos down from head-to-toe with a single tactical motion. Putting the unwieldy weapon away, she joined back with Gyoma and Pooky.

Pooky moved over, and cast one circle of his unique Mush-Mushsproing onto the ground. He evaded upwards by climbing the far wall with his Wall-Scaling. The little imp move with great speed, disappearing up the wall. Approaching his previous postion, one of the last Chilfos walked over the circle and was inundated with mushrooms.

On the far side of the room, Briggson was finishing up with the last couple of Chilfos. His stone skin made it comparably effortless to beat back the icy-creatures' attacks. Punching another's head off, he looked back around his shoulder. He witnessed a Chilfos get covered in mushrooms and ephemeral spores. On the other side, Gyoma started to smack away at the encumbered monster. Spores flew everywhere as there was a sudden quiet with the final Chilfos defeated.

There was not much left to do but explore those double staircases, and it seemed that the top floor might have had more of those enemies. The party looked up, around the empty room at the plethora of paintings. Many of them depicted people from many, many generations ago.
  18. Devil-Steel

When Sandal reached the Chilfos that had struck the armor he would bring his club down hard on it, crushing it completely. With the last of the Chilfos defeated the Moblin would head back to the armor that lined the walls, a small bounce in his step. He would resume his collecting of the armor while the rest of the group seemed to be looking around the large room they were in.

Hanno would come out from behind the wall he had been hiding behind, an ashamed look on his face. Even sick Eve had managed to get into the fight and come through it unscathed. Did he doubt his own skills that much, or was it the fact that they had so many fighters he felt he would be best used staying back to play healer? Even he wasn't sure at this point in time. Shyly he would join the others, but remain quiet.

"I don't see anything of interest on this level that could help us. Is everyone ready to head up the stairs and see what awaits us there?" Corbin would move to the base of one side of the double staircase ready to ascend when everyone else was. With his large shield it was best for him to be the point man on one side of the double staircase he felt. Briggson would probably be the one to take point on the other side of the staircase.

Casara would eye the double staircase, it looked as if the next floor was further away than his clawshot would be able to take him. He would definitely need to tinker around with his clawshot at some point and upgrade it to make it useful at ranges. "I'm plenty ready when everyone else is."

Sandal would finish collecting the last set of armor and meet up with Casara and Corbin at the base of the stairs. "Me ready." Hopefully the next level didn't have even more armor for the Moblin to pillage so he would actually be useful to the rest of the group.
  19. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Watching Corbin choose a side, Briggson indeed took point on the other side of the massive hall. His. . . acquaintances were all on the eastmost side. Briggson, at the west end, started to cautiously ascend the stairs. There was clatter on the high platform, beyond the ornate railing. There was some additional noise as the eastern staircase was filled with footsteps.

Gyoma hopped and skipped up the stairs, keeping Corbin in view. He looked above himself, spotting the small Pooky in the distance near the ceiling. Eve was dragging her feet, still near the bottom. Her energy levels had bottomed out from swinging her weapons. Keeping an eye on everyone nearby, Gyoma turned his head back to the second floor. He hopped up the remaining stairs and held his shield high.

Briggson, charging up the west stairs, reached the top slightly before the hopping Lizalfos and the Lynel. He witnessed a small field, or rather a very large carpet entirely populated with Chilfos. Briggson grappled the nearest foe and dropped the icy construct off the side of the balcony. Falling an indescribable distance the Chilfos shattered with the floor below. The Goron watched in the distance the group arriving on the other side.

"To arms! There's plenty to go around!" he shouted across the massive hall.
  20. Devil-Steel

Corbin would reach the top of the eastern staircase only a few steps behind Briggson. As the Goron threw a Chilfos over the edge, the Lynel would take a moment to ready his shield. His sword would stop glowing red, and his shield would begin to glow in its place. With his preparations done the Lynel would charge straight across the carpet with his fire enchanted shield held up. Each Chilfos that he charged into would cause a burst of flames to be let loose damaging the other nearby Chilfos. His aim was to disrupt and distract the Chilfos while the rest of the group made their way up the stairs and into the fight. Once on the opposite side of carpet his shield would stop glowing red, and he would begin to beat his sword on his shield. "Over here! Come and get me!" He was acting as a distraction now. Drawing the attention of a large amount of the Chilfos allowing the rest of the group to make their way up the staircases and into the battle safely.

Next up the eastern staircase was Casara who would immediately step to the side and drop to the ground. Placing his hand on the marble floor a number of marble spires would would quickly form and begin to fire off wildly into the crowd of Chilfos. The Fokka would move from tile to tile and continue to fire off marble spires into the crowd of Chilfos until they began to turn their attention away from Corbin and towards him. With a smirk on his face he would stand up and brandish his halberd, the stone shield still hovering over his left arm.

Sandal would notice the small Kokiri moving slowly and would gently pick her up and carry her up the stairs as he made his ascent. Once he reached the top and noticed how many Chilfos there were he would turn around and set Eve down on the staircase a few steps from the top. "You wait. Me fight." With that Sandal would grab his large club and being his intimidating walk towards the Chilfos. His platemail armor was more than enough to fend off the javelins thrown at him. Crossing his armor over his chest the Moblin would blitz directly into one of the Chilfos sending it flying away as nothing more than frozen bone fragments. He was now surrounded, but didn't even seem to notice as he began to swing his large club in wide sweeping attacks making contact with the Chilfos around him even on his back swings.

Hanno would finally make it to the top of the staircase and ready his spear. He couldn't fight as recklessly as Corbin, or Sandal and instead made a slow steady approach towards the Chilfos. His approach was slowed down by the need to dodge incoming javelins, but he would make steady progress forward. Finally nearing the edge of the carpet and the enemies before him. He would thrust his spear forward directly into the skull of an opposing Chilfos. Quickly pulling his spear back he would parry a thrust made against him and sweep his weapon low to defeat the next Chilfos. He couldn't defeat large numbers at once, but he could hold his own so long as he didn't find himself facing off against too many at once.