Trouble in Little Yetiville [Snowpeak] (Genzo with Devilsteel)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Doc Genz, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Eve acknowledged Hanno and Casara. "I was in trouble trying to do all of this, I think it wouldn't be possible without your help." Although she hadn't arrested a grasp on the flames yet, it was all appreciated.

She had been feeling the foggy, sore malaise of getting over a high fever. With the symptoms of the town's infection in mind, she was sure the fever would be back soon enough. Knowing the illness would continue, she knew it would be important to practice the flame's control while she was wide awake.

Gyoma silently watched Briggson's riding. He was alert to the fact that the Goron could topple over at some point. His stressed grasp of his own horse kept him pretty steady though. As a veteran of mountain climbing, his grip was superior and certain. There was an inquisitive look on Gyoma's difficult-to-read face.

"On, off, on. . . !" Eve startled herself. A small fire appeared on the backside of her hand.

It had now been several hours into the ride. Her cries of "Off! off! off!" did not seem to be doing anything. Discovering what could turn the flames on was incredibly helpful, but was currently not useful until she discovered the internalt feeling and trigger that could make it turn off. Her only choice now was to try to move the flames to her will.

Eve waved her arm out in front of herself, trying to envision the flames moving off of the back of her hand. Her arm flailing around did not seem to accomplish much, however. She still did not have a grasp of the attention and calm needed to activate such a power. Its element, as well, was one of roaring passion and action. Activity itself embodied, a spiritual element full of fight and rage. What Eve was trying to do now would not have any effect on the fire.

The flame fizzled out in time. "I know I can do it, I need to keep trying before we reach the town." she explained, straining herself even with the fire gone.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Watching the Kokiri struggle to control her flames would cause Casara to ponder for a moment. Perhaps fire needed a different mental state to control it. The Fokka had always remained calm and stalwart when controlling earth. This got him thinking about fire as an element.

"Maybe I was wrong partially wrong about the ways of controlling fire. You will still need to impart your will upon the flames, but perhaps you need to embody what fire itself is. Or at the very least what it stands for." Unfortunately Casara didn't have any experience with fire. He wasn't sure what those properties truly were.

The nearby Zora would hear what Casara had to say before speaking up himself. "While I don't use fire myself, I have something of an affinity for its opposing element. If water is a calm element, fire would be a passionate one. Where water can adapts to its surrounds, fire consumes its surrounds." Hanno wasn't sure if his words would help the Kokiri in her endeavors or not. Perhaps Corbin would be the best on to ask about fire. After all he was their groups resident fire user.

Corbin could overhear their conversation but would continue on right where he was. If he was asked for his thoughts on the matter he would speak up, but until then he would just continue forward with the rest of the group. He just hoped that Sandal knew where he was going since he was the one at the front of the group seemingly leading the way.
  3. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Eve absorbed what the other party members had said, albeit imperfectly. "I had a flame choke technique before, I wonder if that is still related to what I'm doing. When I try to initiate the fire, I feel something inside me fighting back against my will." she explained.

It was true, something deep within her was an obstacle to her mastery of the concept. An obstacle to its use entirely, even. There was a lot of mysteries surrounding her life already. That strange Zora she had seen near Eyeglass Lake was certainly after something that she didn't know about, and had gone as far as to murder Jabun in cold blood to get it. Would he be a threat to the Great Deku Tree too? Eve could only wonder.

"It's true though, I have to feel anger to try to coax the fire out." Eve added frankly. "I'll try it now."

A pain went through her chest as she tried to awaken her anger. She had past adventures and experiences where she was almost known specifically for her rage. She remembered some of her most difficult moments, and the anger and the little sharp ache in her chest increased. There was a brief moment of silence as a wave of exhaustion flowed over her. A small golden yellow light appeared as a sliver of flame teased out of each of her arms. The slivers became little wisps and then disappeared into tiny puffs of smoke.

"Ugh, gah! That's uncomfortable but it seems like it's working." she said in exasperation, taking back control of the reins.

"Settle down up there, would you?" Pooky complained from his little seat behind her.
  4. Devil-Steel

Glancing back at Pooky, Hanno would ponder for a moment. "Maybe you should wait until we reach the ridge and dismount before continuing on. I understand you wanting to master this as soon as possible, but I think it would be best to wait until you don't also have a horse to keep control of at the same time."

Casara was at a loss and would glance towards Corbin as Hanno spoke. "I'm going to have to agree. Once we reach our next stopping point you could see about getting some help from Corbin. While he can't control fire, he does use it. Maybe he will have some insight into things that we are lacking."

Corbin would hear his name come up and slow down so that he was now travelling closer to the rest of them. " I would not be opposed to offering my insight into things. Though I would make a suggestion now. Maybe start with trying to control flames that already exist, rather than trying to start by generating your own flames from the start."

Sandal would turn to look at the rest of the group. He would see all three of his friends gathered around the Kokiri and Miniblin and wonder what was going on. He would pull his horse off to the side and slow down until he was now behind the rest of them. He didn't know what was going on, but he wasn't going to be left out if all of his friends were here trying to help. "Me help?"
  5. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "That's reasonable." Eve admitted. "In town there should be fires to try it on. So long as it isn't too dangerous. I have seen a lot of houses catch fire in my life."

She didn't elaborate about that last part. The mountains that were once in the distance continued to get ever closer. Pooky had also settled himself down and stopped complaining. They had enough daylight, at least hopefully, to get up the mountain trail. With everyone focused on riding, Gyoma tried to get everyone's horses to increase pace.

--

The mountain trail finally came into view after some rigorous pushing forward. A post with a number of signs lay at the fork before the trail. One of them very clearly was pointing in the direction of Castle Town and was pointed West to suit it. The pointed sign aiming directly North likewise said 'Rolling Ridge' on it. There was no sign mentioning Snowpeak at all, though many knew of the mountain itself, few knew about the ruins hidden within. It was probably lacking a sign in lieu of there being one in the township of Rolling Ridge.

What came next was a careful long climb up the trail. As it ran through mountains, the way was winding in a long pattern around the slope, rather than directly straight up the mountain's surface. They had not reached a point where it had stopped being an open road through the sparse trees, however.

"Don't worry about the horses." Briggson explained. "This trail is safe for riding, and there are plenty of stables in town."
  6. Devil-Steel

Silence would seeming take over the party as they made their way up the mountain trail. It was almost like they were expecting trouble now, but the ride itself was a peaceful one. The horses, and Corbin, were able to handle the path without any additional effort. While the trail around the mountain wasn't as smooth as a pathway in Castle Town, it was much smoother than one would have ever thought it to be.

The further up the trail the party made it, the rougher the trail began to get. Rocks of varying size and shape littered the trail as if a rockslide had occured recently. "I think we should start keeping an eye on the ledges above us and our ears open. If a rock falls I can't stop it, but I can get rid of it after." The Fokka was confident in his abilities but knew that he could only control an amount of rocks up to a certain weight. Any large rocks that might find themselves falling down on them would almost certainly be too large for him to stop.

As the group continued on up the ridge Corbin would speed up and catch up to Briggson. "I've heard of a seed that I haven't been able to find yet. Do you think I might be able to find a Gasha seed anywhere around here? I've heard that they are useful for making all sorts of healing potions and have been trying to find them for some time now." The Lynel was going to fall into one of two categories with the Goron by the end of this quest.

One: He was going to be one of his best pals, and someone that he could talk botanist shop to.

Two: He was going to annoy the Goron with all of his botany related questions making him never want to see him again.

How things were going to play out with the two of them was to be determined, but surely by the end of the quest Corbin would know where he stood in the eyes of the Goron one way or the other.

While Casara had suggested watching the upper ledges, Hanno couldn't bring himself to keep his eyes off Eve. He was a medic and that took priority for him over everything else. He wanted to know right away if her symptoms started to flare up and felt like she wouldn't speak up if they did so he decided to keep a watchful eye on her.
  7. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Briggson's eyes widened a bit with this question.

"I'm glad you asked as we're nearing Rolling Ridge. The deeper into the wilderness, the more likely you are to find a Gasha seed. Failing anything else, someone in town may be auctioning one off. It won't be easy to buy one off someone." Briggson warned. It seemed there was hope in finding such a thing, however.

"Casara is right about the rocks, though it looks like a rock slide happened recently. The loosest rocks have already come down from the cliff, though the danger never truly goes away." He continued to explain, having lived in this region for a very long time.

The sun was finally shedding darkness on the land as it made its way to the edge of the horizon. The group of horses went back to a tighter group as the incline became somewhat tougher for the animals. The trail was meticulously designed to be safe for horses, and made wide sweeping curves around the mountaintops. If they stayed patient and kept their pace, they would make it to town safely. As the cliffside gave them a new perspective, they could see the lights of civilization in the distance on the mountains.

The view was quite incredible, but as the terrain flattened back out, the pace increased and left little time to behold the wonder of the landscape. There was a calm, but wavy trail ahead as it continued to weave around the mountaintops. Eve looked dull and drooly as she nodded in and out of sleep, Pooky having taken control of the reins. Everyone had already changed into their cold weather gear, the bitter nip of the mountain air was no problem. The lights of lamps and fires continued to seem closer as they rode. . .
  8. Devil-Steel

As the light of lamps and fires came into view Corbin would seem to tense up. While he trusted what Briggson had said about there not being any trouble, his past experiences still held a hold over him and probably would for most of his life. "From all I have heard about this seed, it has quite a few interesting applications. From cross-pollinating them with other seeds, or mixing them into elixirs. I hope that I will be able to find at least one before we finish this trip." Corbin normally wasn't so talkative, but he has never had anyone to discuss botany with like this before. "Any other interesting seeds you know of that I should keep an eye out for in my travels?" While Corbin did okay on his own when it came to botany, he lacked knowledge of the world outside of the Lower Wilds still.

Hanno was keeping his eyes on the Kokiri as she shifted around on the back of her horse. It seems like her practice with her flames paired with the sickness had taken more out of her than anyone had thought. The Zora was worried that she was going to fall off her horse at this rate, but there wasn't much he could do for her other than catch her if she were to fall. Once they reach town and find where they would be spending the night he would be able to do more for her, but he felt like he would need to advise her against too much practice with her flames while she is still battling the sickness.

Sandal and Carasa had moved to the front of the group and could see the outline of the town coming into view. At the pace they were going it would only be about another twenty to thirty more minutes until they were inside of the town. Carasa wanted to speed up and handle getting them lodging for the night, but he wasn't familiar with this town and by time he found the stables, and then the inn he felt like Briggson would have already managed to get the rest of the party to both places ahead of him. Instead he would stay at the front of the group to try and make their arrival a little less threatening.

Unfortunately their arrival would be anything but inconspicuous thanks to the giant horse rode by a man clad in heavy armor. Sandal only wore the armor for two reasons when it came down to it. The first being to hide the fact that he was a Moblin, which just made him come off as a very large Hylian with subpar intelligence. The second was due to his love of armor. His personal armor had been tinkered with so much that it made him stand out. It fit the Moblin almost as if it were made out of skulltula silk instead of thick, heavy metal. The way it fit his body aside, it had been modified to cover most of the gaps normal armor has to allow for movement, without restricting his movement. It took Sandal months to remake his armor to the point it was now after his encounter with the mythical Twister and those unfortunate events. The shine of his armor compared to the dullness his club showed just how much care the Moblin puts into his armor. The downside was that people always stop and take note of such an imposing figure where ever he goes.

Even with all the attention Sandal drew the group made their way to the stables without any incident, a few hushed whispers sure, but no one stopped them or questioned them. The townspeople were clearly curious about the party of adventurers that just showed up, after all it wasn't very often that a Lizalfos, Miniblin, and Lynel were seen traveling together. Let alone traveling with a Fokka, Zora, Goron, and what was assumed to be a Hylian.
  9. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    As Lizalfos were seen as less civilized than even Lynels, the stablekeep recoiled when Gyoma appeared. He had many of the horses on leads, with someone else holding onto the leads for the remaining ones. He guided the animals into various stalls for processing.

"Yep. Even the giant horse." Gyoma explained to the otherwise-friendly Goron.

"So you're not marking them out for transfer? This is a round-trip?" he inquired, filling out a complicated form.

"Under normal circumstances we could just transfer horses, but the biggun' there is an issue. Our party- uh- leader has to ride a larger animal. Granted none of the horses belong to us, they are the stable's property, the giant horse was a loan." Gyoma hissed, being as frank as possible.

"Our policy would state that we can grant you the giant horse for the return trip, yes." the Goron fumbled.

"Then the rest will be swapped? They all do need their rest. We're not planning to stay in town long, we have an urgent shipment to relay back to the town we departed from." Gyoma insisted.

"Look, brother, you can return to us for your trip back. But we will be enforcing a fee on you for the giant horse." he replied with a deadpan expression.

"No need to worry." a voice came from below. "The brilliant, generous, and handsome Pooky will cover the cost."

The Miniblin agent of chaos appeared and put a large silver rupee into the Goron's hand. It was, as usual, a Rupoor. Nobody was fast enough to catch the little rat in the act. His smooth way of speaking distracted the stablekeep, however. He was already on his way to the inn to enact the exact same scam and board the whole party.

Briggson then encountered Pooky, who approached the counter. He worked his way inside holding out a purloined stepstool to adjust his own height to the counter. He adjusted his scarf and looked at the concerned Goron vegetation-enthusiast.

"We need room for eight, three of us extra large." Pooky explained, making Rupoors dance about the counter with his nimble paws.

"Pooky when did you-" Briggson complained.

"That's five regular beds, two king sized beds, and a room with enough floor space for a Lynel to relax." the sly Miniblin insisted.

At the counter was a standing Korok. The female(?) Korok shuffled a pile of rupees aside, making room for the presumed new ones. She scratched her chin with a pencil that could have doubled as a wizard staff.

"Lucky for you all, we don't get many visitors! I'll make arrangements at once." the Korok jittered. She scribbled a very small note with the details and inserted it into a large nut of some sort, which sprouted little spinning leaf-wings and took flight across the office off to some unseen location.
  10. Devil-Steel

Casara would follow Gyoma's lead with the horses and lead the ones he had brought to various stalls as well. While he dealt with the merchant, Casara would sit back and observe. He had been paying attention to Gyoma and how he handled the horses thus far, and now he was getting a crash course in handling the stablemasters. It was sure to come in handy down the road when his group's next quest arose.

Once Casara and Gyoma had his giant horse Sandal would head straight for the local armorer. His armor clearly didn't need any work, but he always tried to check out what was being offered at the local shops at each town he visited. It was almost like a compulsion of his at this point.

The armorer would quickly take notice of Sandals armor before looking over his own goods. "I don't think I'll have anything you will be interested in brother. While my armor is top notch, I have never laid eyes on anything like what you are wearing. It's quite impressive."

Sandal had a disappointed look behind his mask. He was hoping to find something out of the ordinary at this shop. Something unique that he could by to replicate in his own armor, but alas the armor for the Goron had for sell was your run of the mill armor. Good quality to be sure, but nothing that stood out to the Moblin. "I make." That was all Sandal had to say before setting off and heading towards the local inn to join up with the rest of the group there.

Meanwhile Corbin had been entrusted to gather up supplies for the trip by Hanno and so that is exactly what he was doing. He had made it to the marketplace just fine, but now that he was alone the awkward and bewildered stare's were more obvious than before. Corbin paid them no mind as he visited one of the local shops. "I need to procure enough food for seven, plus one Goron. Let's make it enough for four days. As well as some bandages and splints."

The Lynel figured that between Hanno, Briggson, and himself they could handle any basic healing tinctures if needed themselves. The shopkeeper stood in awe of the Lynel for a moment before nodding his head. [/b]"Aside from the Goron, any other special needs that need to be met for this order?"[/b]

Thinking for a moment before answering Corbin would look around the store. "As far as meat is concerned it can be split evenly between fish and beef. Vegetables that would be good for a stew. Extra carrots and apples for the horses. Some preserved foods that we can easily eat while traveling, or for a snack. Don't forget bread."

The Kokiri shop keeper would nod before stepping out from behind the counter with a couple of large bags. He would scurry around the shop quickly filling the bags with the requested items before returning to Corbin. Setting the bags down in front of the Lynel the shop keeper would do some quick math before giving the price of the food stuffs to him. Corbin felt the price was fair, but would pay a little extra for the polite and prompt service before picking up the bags and heading towards the inn to join up with the others.

While the rest of the group had seemingly split off, Hanno had lifted Eve from her horse and carried her on his back to the inn following directly behind Briggson. Before he had a chance to speak up Pooky would appear and handle all of the negotiation before he could get a word in edgewise. Just before the Korok sent her(?) note off Hanno would speak up. "Can we make one room a double. I'd like to keep an eye on this one during the night." Motioning to the Kokiri on his back as he spoke.
  11. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Pooky followed Hanno and Eve back to their room. He appeared to just be appraising the rooms or something like that.

"Pooky." Eve observed, looking down. "You paid for all this?"

Pooky chuckled, examining the cozy room. "No."

The menacing Miniblin shuffled a room over, walked into the lavish room and hopped onto the bed. He got to work yanking amenities out of his pack, making sure he was good for the night. He unloaded a little stack of three mysterious books, a custom candle specially designed for reading, some snacks, and a clipboard that appeared to be covered in sales records. He arranged these things on his nightstand before folding his arms behind his head and laying back on his pillow.

"Pooky has work to do." he mused to himself.

Briggson had made himself useful and explored the town for some supplies like some of the others had. He went to the local apothecary, his most familiar part of town. They greeted him with delight as he browsed the herbal remedies, sure not to skip over looking for the miraculous herb they were searching for. The Koroks running the shop were busy with things like sweeping the floor and taking inventory. Briggson didn't want to waste such an opportunity to check every unturned stone.

"I have a description of an herb I need pretty badly, and in a considerable quantity." he explained.

He showed the Korok at the counter. There was an illustration he had and a short description. The little medicine man pondered to himself. He opened a drawer and flipped through a number of papers.

"You're talking about a very rare plant. It can't even grow as far south as here. Dulces Perforatum." the energetic Korok elaborated. "You must be heading for Snowhead if you want this, I don't have even a single stalk in inventory."

Pooky looked wistfully at the fireplace. He kept a small fire going, though he was sure to put it out before bed. The Moblin Holiday was taking place, something he was very familiar with. His various shops were selling out of gifts for the occasion, making Pooky very rich. In the adjoining room, Eve was similarly staring at the fire. She was sure to be ready to sleep in tonight, but not before practicing her magic a little more. Between being checked by Hanno, she shifted to the fireplace throughout the night to try twisting the flames with her mind and body. She reached out her arm, clutched her knuckles and concentrated on the flames. With the fire roaring it was unclear if she was making the little licks of flame bend or turn. Thinking she had made good progress, she finally closed her eyes in her bed.
  12. Devil-Steel

Sandal and Corbin would reach the inn at the same time, although they had come from different directions. Corbin could be seen holding two sacks of supplies, enough to last them for roughly four days worth of travel. "Sandal can you put these in your adventure pouch for me." Corbin didn't have a pouch of his own so typically the supplies were carried by either Sandal or Hanno. It was already getting late and Corbin didn't want to bother Hanno if he was already asleep. The supplies could be divided amongst the entire group tomorrow before they set out.

Sandal would take the two sacks from the botanist and put them into his adventure pouch with a nod before opening the door to the inn and heading inside with Corbin following behind him. Sandal would approach the desk and look down at the little Korok. "Need stay room." The Moblin would begin to reach for some rupees to pay for a room, but before he could the little Korok would speak up.

"You must be part of the group the Miniblin paid for. Your rooms have already been prepared." Reaching for some keys from underneath the counter the Korok would set two keys down on the counter in front of her.

"Thank you." Corbin would reach out for one of the keys and the Korok would slide the other key towards him with a smile. Corbin would gratefully take the key and and make his way upstair into his room. He would find his room had a large cushioned area on the floor with some blankets folded neatly nearby, a fire roaring in the fireplace. The Lynel would stretch before setting his weapons and shield down and getting comfortable and settling in for the night.

Sandal would take the other key the Korok had placed upon the counter and retire to his room. Once his door was locked he would remove his armor and retrieve a cloth from his adventure pouch and set it down on the table. He would begin examining his armor inside and out. Checking for any signs of wear or damage. Once he was finished he would set about buffing and polishing his armor. While it hadn't been damaged, it was dirty after spending the previous night sleeping outside and that just wouldn't do for the Moblin.

Meanwhile in Hanno and Eve's room, the Zora was keeping a close watch on the Kokiri. He knew, that she knew she was ill, but he couldn't help but feel as if her new magical powers that were developing might have something to do with her fever. Fire was an unpredictable element after all. Had the Zora felt her condition was taking a turn for the worse he would have stopped her practicing, but from what he could see everything was going just fine. She was pushing herself, but not too hard. Once she settled in for the night Hanno would place a cool, damp cloth on her forehead and settle down into bed himself.
  13. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Gyoma woke up from his calming sleep, fully rested. He collected his various things from his room, equipping his jacket, helmet, and various belts and pouches. Missing his Bullbo already, he forlornly creaked his door open. The night was apparently uneventful, and he assumed everyone would soon wake after him. There was an eerie silence as he knew everyone wasn't up yet.

Briggson stirred. He had spent a lot of his own energy trying to find that plant and get everyone settled away properly. He finally threw off his covers. He was on the rug right in front of the dying fire. There wasn't any more comfortable way for a Goron to sleep. He double checked that his blanket wasn't near the fire itself. He seemed to have kept a decent distance. Briggson cleared his belongings slowly into his massive backpack. He saw that Gyoma was already awake as he worked his way down the hall. The tastefully ordinary surroundings were very cozy.

At this point, the Goron and Lizalfos knocked on the door of Hanno and Eve. To their right was Pooky's room. The Miniblin had spent the night under mysterious circumstances. The savvy imp pushed his own door open to see the others checking up on the Kokiri. A wry smile on his face showed no sign of unrest. He closed his door up again, presumably to catch up with the other two on packing up.
  14. Devil-Steel

Hanno would stir at the sound of knocking on his door. Looking over it seemed as if Eve was still asleep. Slowly the Zora would get up and head for the door and open it. He would be greeted by the sight of Briggson and Gyoma. "Good morning. Come on in if you like, though Eve still seems to be asleep." The Zora would stifle a yawn as he spoke. His belongings were already packed away in his Adventure pouch. He just needed to put on his warm clothes for the trek up the mountian and he would be good to go.

Corbin stirred from his sleep on the padded area on the floor of his room. He wished more establishments had such accommodations for his kind. He had gotten the best sleep he ever had last night. He would put on one of the heavy jackets that Hanno had provided him and make his way out of his room, just barely catching sight of Gyoma and Briggson entering Hanno's room. Unsure of just how much space there was in the room, Corbin would forego joining them and instead would make his way downstairs and head out of the inn waiting just across the street for everyone else.

Casara would be the next one to stir from his sleep. He wasn't exactly an early bird type, but knew that they needed to get moving if they were going to be able to help the sick town, and Eve, with this mysterious illness. He would put his armor back on with thicker clothes than previously underneath them. Grabbing his halberd he would exit his room and head downstairs and wait for the others in the lobby.

Sandal would be the last one to wake up. The clatter of armor could be heard as he began to suit up one piece at a time. It had been a pleasant night for him being able to sleep without his armor on. As much as the Moblin loved armor, especially his armor, it wasn't the most comfortable thing to sleep in. Once he was fully suited up in his platemail armor he would unlock his door and head downstairs. Upon spotting Casara, the Moblin would raise his hand and give him a wave. "Morning."
  15. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    His backpack loaded, Pooky headed out of his room. He was in a very expensive looking puffy sweater. There was an old hylian monogram on the sweater too. He weaseled his way down the hall and down the steps. He saw Casara and Sandal in the lounge next to the lobby.

"Good mornin' Pooky is here." he announced, allowing himself into the group.

The Miniblin got cozy, as one does. His small stature allowed him to fit into the crevices of the leather sofa near the fire. Pooky kept an eye open, turned his head and tried to guess who would come down the stairway next.

. . .

Gyoma made his way into the bedroom. Eve was laying still in the bed, either asleep or trying not to knock over the towel on her forehead. He looked over his shoulder, knowing Briggson was more knowledgable about this illness. His head turned back around, and two yellowy eyes creaked open at him. The girl looked at the odd Lizalfos, coated in a puffy doublet that made him look dorky. She smirked, her reddish fevered face showing signs of entertainment. His lizard-like visage was contrast to everything he did and made a spectacle.

Eve threw her covers off. She placed the towel on the side table and stood up on the bed in her pajamas. She looked at the fireplace which no longer contained flames. The Goron in the doorframe nodded a bit, sure the girl was alright if she was standing. The mustached hulk headed down the stairs. Gyoma stood there in awe at the unexpectedly animated child.

"Don't just stand there Gyoma. Hanno, will you two leave me to change?" she insisted.

With both of them out of the room, Eve procured her own set of warm clothes. She had a cozy set of mittens prepared, and soon she was coated head-to-toe in wool. She would have personally preferred a Yeti Tunic, although at the moment she was certain she didn't own one. A double-check of her Adventure Pouch confirmed she didn't have anything of the sort.

--

With most of the group in the lobby, Eve made her way to the fireplace where Pooky was still hanging around. She had one last shot this morning to get some practice in before they headed up the mountain. With a mittened hand she curled her fingers at the fire. There was a small spark that appeared from her wrist and the flames swayed as if a harsh wind had drifted in. A few more curls of her arm, but nothing else happened. It was worth a shot, she would just have to keep trying later somehow.

Briggson broke the silence. "Once we have everyone together, remember it's straight up the mountain with no mounts. I will keep track of the entire group, so I'll take up the back of the pack if I need to. If we need to climb any slopes by hand, we have tools and rope available to harness everyone. Just don't lose sight of me."
  16. Devil-Steel

Hanno would give Eve a nod as he grabbed his spear and the towel off the side table. "Of course." Stepping out of the room Hanno would head downstairs and join the rest of the group in the lobby. Looking around it seemed that the only one that they were missing was Corbin once Eve had joined them. As Briggson spoke, Hanno would look towards the stairs waiting for Corbin to join them.

Once Briggson had finished speaking Casara would look out the window and spot Corbin waiting outside. "Seems like we are all ready to head out. Corbin is actually outside already." It shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that the largest in their group had decided to wait in a larger area for everyone rather than stay inside. Getting up from his position on the couch the Fokka would head outside to join Corbin sure that the rest of their group would follow behind shortly.

Sandal was hot on Casara's heels as he headed outside, followed closely by Hanno. "Everyone finally awake and ready to move out?" Corbin asked his companions as they came out of the inn.

"Yes." Unfortunately for Corbin it was Sandal that decided to answer him instead of Casara or Hanno. This meant that while he technically got an answer to his question, he didn't get any of the additional information on what Briggson had said.
  17. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Gyoma interrupted as they made their way outside.

"We all went separately and picked up supplies before boarding. It would befit us to eat a meal before going up the mountain." he explained, making sure even Corbin could hear.

"You're right about that, little guy." Briggson cut in. "Their lodging was near-perfect but they could have done with some breakfast."

They gathered near a fire pit in town, leading the rest of the pack over out of necessity. Pooky opened his backpack and exposed a number of spices. This would be a breakfast worth remembering. Evelyn became somewhat redder, she had not brought any type of food this time. The bizarre Kokiri likely had some toxic substances on her, nothing to share with the group. A little idea came to her head though, she did have a shaker of salt and some tea bags on her person.

"Will these help at all?" the girl shyly inserted.

"Tea? That's just what we need kid!" Briggson celebrated. "I'm sure most of us forgot the stuff."

"Take as much as you need then. This adventure pouch goes pretty deep with tea." Eve asserted, she pulled out teabags by the handful.
  18. Devil-Steel

As the all gathered around the fire pit Corbin would approach Sandal. "Sandal can you pull out those two sacks of supplies I gave you yesterday."

With a nod the Moblin would pull out the two large sacks of supplies from his adventure pouch and pass them over to Corbin. "Here go."

Taking the two sacks Corbin would rest them on the ground near the fire pit. "Help yourselves everyone. I made sure to pick up plenty of supplies for the trip." The Lynel wasn't much on cooking like Hanno and instead retrieved a large fish from one of the sacks and a large skewer to set it over the fire on.

Hanno would follow suit and add his own fish over the fire pit, while the fish was cooking he would retrieve a decent sized kettle from his adventure pouch and use his bottomless bottle to fill it with water before setting it down in the fire pit. The metal kettle wouldn't take long to heat the water for everyone's tea.

Casara prepped a large piece of meat with spices and set it up on a skewer over the fire. While he had enjoyed the previous days stew, it had been lacking in spice for him.

Sandal would be the odd one out. They were in the middle of a city. There was no way that the Moblin was going to remove his helmet to eat at this moment. He would walk away from the fire pit and the smell of cooking food and sit down on a nearby bench.
  19. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Eve continued to rummage through her bag. A small satchel of sliced nuts appeared in her hand. She continued handing tea bags to everyone in the meantime. Gyoma retrieved some fish flakes, looked at them, and then put them back. He was certain his portion of seasoning would come in handy for later. It looked like all of the meat was cooking fine as things were going. Eve grabbed her fresh cup of tea by pouring water into one of the metal travel cups. She took a big sip and then sneezed. An unsightly glob of phlegm came out of her face and rocketed somewhere toward the ground. Gyoma who was still nearby noticed and shrugged. There was no masking her illness no matter how well she was powering through it.

"Tea is a great remedy for the sinuses." the Lizalfos said, turning his head a bit to pretend he didn't see the snot.

Briggson had been handed the sliced nuts. He continued to grab ingredients from his backpack, it seemed he had stocked up on bacon from town. He added the ingredients to the cooking meat with brevity. Pooky, the only one who remained silent, was reclining on the scenery. He knew his contribution would suffice and waited patiently for the breakfast to be done. Gyoma, who was still nearby, grabbed a mess platter and filled it with slices of the cooked meat and fish. He started to bring it over to Sandal.

"Sandal was it? In good company like this, there's no need to hide your face and miss a meal. I'm not often accepted myself, but we have an understanding party around us." he offered, tactfully moving the plate closer as to not seem forceful.
  20. Devil-Steel

Sandal would turn to face Gyoma and just shake his head. "Townspeople scare." The mostly gentle giant was scared of how the townspeople would react to him with his helmet off. Sure they hadn't had an adverse reaction to Pooky, Gyoma, or Corbin, but this fear of Sandals ran deep. Had it just been their group around a campfire somewhere secluded he would have gladly removed his helmet and ate with them again, but in the middle of a town he was far to scared to remove his helmet and reveal what he truly was.

Hanno would graciously take a tea bag from Eve and rest it in his cup before lifting the kettle from the fire pit and pouring hot water in on top of it. He would return the kettle to the fire pit to allow for anyone else to use it while he began to steep his tea while waiting for his fish to finish cooking. "So we are on foot from here on out?" The Zora would toss a glance to their sick party member, unsure if she would be well enough to make a trek up the mountian in her condition.

Meanwhile Casara had already pulled his chunk of meat from the fire, it was probably what most would consider undercooked, but that's the way he preferred it. This way it remained nice and juicy when he takes a bite. Taking a large bite of his meat the flavor of the spices would fill his mouth as the juices flooded it. Ah how he enjoyed a good meal. The Fokka would decide to wait before interjecting into the conversation.

Corbin would remain silent as he began to eat his fish. There wasn't much point in throwing out multiple questions and statements at once. Better to let things be proposed and answered one at a time in his mind. It makes for a much easier flow of conversation. So the Lynel would sit and eat his fish, while listening to what the others had to say on the subject.