Trouble in Little Yetiville [Snowpeak] (Genzo with Devilsteel)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Doc Genz, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The wind chilled over the town, located in the north of Darunia. This quaint village was briskly cold but its residents would soon feel the heat. A fisherman cradled his child, his forehead hot. Outside his window were many others like him. A sudden and deadly illness had spread across town almost as if overnight. A nearby apothecary stressfully identified the illness, and with great effort sent out a call to the Quest Bureau.

--

Evelyn woke up with a quaking heat on her forehead. She had been sleeping in after her recent outing with the theatrical Rito, but this sudden alert from her bedside was not natural. She noticed a crisp spark of flame worming its way out of her own wrists. A fever if there ever was one.

"Alice! I gotta get out of here, keep the house from burning down!" she shouted to her fairy.

Evelyn made her way into town, her head spinning. Nobody was out on the street. She had not even noticed the entire town locking themselves away as she had lazed around in her cottage. Making her way to the local stables, she checked out the Quest Board.

--

Briggson had just answered an urgent house call. It had led him to the cozy city of Darunia. The locals could not figure out what common medicines would work. Briggson was stumped for once in his life. He was so used to herbal remedies doing the trick right away. None of his go-to herbs were working on this fever. He worked his way to the town's apothecary. This hunched over Hylian was resting his legs on his outdoor rocking chair. Briggson asked him what was going on.

"Nothin' more I can do about it." the apothecary noted "The cure has only been seen once in the mountains. I sent a summons to the quest board. Hikers like yerself stand a much better chance of bringing such a substance back here. But I'll do ya one better and describe it to you."

Briggson listened carefully. In all his expertise as a botanist he had never heard of such an herb before. It was apparently some sort of plant that leeched nutrients off of a very specific mineral in the mountains. The apothecary admitted he had left most of the information with the Quest Bureau. Briggson was almost certain his understanding of the plant would help in procuring it, though. He made his way into town to the stables.

--

"You, Goron! Do you see this?!" Evelyn yelped. She had been waiting all morning near the cork board.

"I suppose I do see this, little one." he laid his eyes on the Kokiri "I've never seen anyone burning up quite like this."

"Don't just stand there, mustache man! We have to go to the place in the quest listing!" Eve shouted.

"No, I've been up that mountain and we're going to need a full search party. Ropes, well-bodied fighters, the works. Oh, brotherrr." Briggson corrected. They were going to have to wait for a couple more people at the very least. It just depended on who would show up in time.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

The sound of foot steps could be heard on the main road, as well as the murmurs of the townspeople, as a strange new group walked through the town. The sick townspeople didn't know what to do, or what this group was even here for. It wasn't everyday that a Zora, Fokka, Lynel, and Hylian?, showed up in the town of Darunia, let alone together.

The Zora, would routinely stop and place his hands on some of the sick children. He was casting his quick detox spell, but to no avail. It seems like whatever was affecting them was something his magic couldn't heal. They had received word of a mysterious illness sweeping over the town, and Hanno thought that his magic would have been of some use, but alas that didn't seem to be the case.

Heading to the apothecary the group would learn of a mysterious herb that only grew in the nearby mountains. This would cause Corbin's ears to perk up in excitement. He couldn't wait until he got a chance to examine this new mysterious herb that he had never heard of before. With that knowledge the group would head towards the stables to procure transportation for three of them.

The group would make a pit stop at a local shop on their way to the stables. Hanno, Casara, and Corbin all needed to pick up a snowshoe ring like Sandal had. They didn't want to have to struggle with the ice and snow while dealing with whatever else may be lurking in the mountain.

Once they had their rings, the group would arrive at the stables. It seemed that a Kokori and Goron were already there. Taking the lead Hanno would approach the two of them. " Would the two of you happen to be getting ready to head up the mountain to look for the herb needed to help this village?" The Zora polite as always, and that was the reason that he tended to be the one that spoke for his group most times. He was only worried about how the two of them were going to react to Corbin.
  3. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Holy crumpets! A lynel!" Eve yipped.

"Don't be so harsh, little sis. Lynels don't come to these Hyrulean towns often, but I've met my fair share. Quite a misunderstood species, I think." Briggson explained, careful to educate the odd Kokiri. He had assumed it was your run-of-the-mill Kokiri which was often wiser than a Hylian child. . . this Kokiri was not so smart.

With this new group of travelers all geared up to head into the mountains, it seemed there was hope for this struggling village after all. It seemed they had all gotten the memo of what was going on, fortunately. There was a little bit of a commotion going on down the street, however.

Trying not to be late, Gyoma rode down the dirt road on his bullbo. He instantly looked like some kind of marauder or raider to the villagers, not without reason. The Lizalfos stopped his mount right before the stables. It was clear he wasn't there for trouble: Lizalfos typically attacked in groups.

"It's me! Gyoma! Nice to meet you all!" he shouted, parking his pet Bullion near the stable-hand.

Gyoma looked up-and-down at Corbin. He wasn't wearing any of the uniform components common among Manaku's servants. He didn't want to bring up that evil Lynel in this conversation anyway. Not capable of making himself more presentable with what he was wearing, he went in for a hand-shake with a number of the group members.

The snide Kokiri opened her rude mouth again. "Now I've seen everything!" she chuckled, blowing more of the small flames out on her arm.

Even Evelyn went in for a hand-shake though. She knew very clearly what she was getting herself into. There was an awkward silence as she looked up at Briggson. There was a number of things left to explain.

"Whatev'r this illness is in the village, it looks like I've caught it too!" Evelyn added. "We can't let an entire town's full of children down. It's just not right. Now unless anyone else wants to come running down the road to help us, we ought to get going."

Just then, a pinkish Miniblin appeared out of the stables picking his teeth. He had just finished a cheap steak, apparently having found pity from the locals. Pooky had done his due diligence, and slipped the generous griller a Rupoor. It wasn't even noon yet and he had already ripped someone off.

"Pooky! Y-you're just coming with us hoping I'll croak on the way!" Eve shouted at the Miniblin.

"Pooky doesn't discriminate." he boasted. "Deh-neh, Pooky's gonna collect on that medicine. If there's demand, Pooky has to make a supply." he explained slyly.

"Little brother, there's barely enough of this suspected herb to help this entire township. I don't think you're gonna find luck selling it." Briggson described carefully. He was pouting at the little imp, faithlessly.

Eve sighed through her teeth. No matter what she said, they'd probably let the Miniblin come with them. She hated the thought, but was self-confident she could take the little dastard in a fight.
  4. Devil-Steel

As Gyoma went in for a hand shake Hanno and the others would all shake his hand in turn before it dawned on the Zora that they had no introduced themselves yet. "Where are my manners. I am Hanno, this is Casara, Sandal, and Corbin." Motioning to each of his group mates as he spoke their name.

The group would all eye the Miniblin as he scampered out of the stables, causing Sandal to instinctively slide back a little bit. While they had been accepting of Corbin, he still feared his secret being brought forth. He now had more friends that accepted him for what he was other than Lamont and Spaghet, but he still worried about being revealed whenever he would meet new people.

Stepping forward Casara would look at the now eight of them before speaking up. "I think the eight of us should be able to handle whatever may be waiting for us up in those mountains. Shall we be on our way, or are we waiting for anyone else to show up?" The Fokka had faith in the combat abilities of those he traveled with, and while he didn't know anything about those that they would be traveling with he knew that if they were going to make the trip they must be capable of handling themselves.

While Casara was busy trying to figure out if they were waiting on anyone else, Corbin had approached the clearly nervous stablemaster. "I would like to procure three of your finest mounts for my companions. We will need one capable of carrying my large friend as well." While his voice was deep, he spoke in a gentle manner in an attempt to ease the Hylians nerves.

"Oh yes of course sir. If yall are here to help the town I'll be sure your entire group has my finest mounts at no charge." The man would trail off as he looked over at Sandal. He wasn't sure if he had a mount big enough for the man. At that was until he remembered about the giant horse whos owner just passed away. " I don't have a mount big enough for your friend, but there is a house near the exit of the town yall will be taking. The woman who lived there just passed away from this blasted disease. I believe she had one of those giant horses that should be plenty big enough for your friend. Feel free to take it. I would, but he's too big for my stable." Corbin would give the man a nod and a smile before returning to the rest of the group.
  5. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "No rudeness intended." Briggson stifled an explanation. "I'm Briggson, this is Evelyn."

"Pooky the Herald, at your service." the short creature squeaked.

As they approached the counter for their own mounts, the Kokiri became curious.

"How do you know my name?" she asked the Goron cautiously.

"I don't know how you managed to do it, but everyone around here knows who you are. Oh brother, don't get me started." he trailed off, lost in thought.

Evelyn thought about what she had accomplished after moving to Darunia. Sure, she had saved the residents outside the Temple of Courage, but she wasn't certain that had made local news. Thinking on it, she connected her habit of being at the taverns to her own behavior. She had never considered herself that loud or obnoxious before. It turned out, the locals had been talking about an unwanted Kokiri mingling among the adults. Who had, with minimal fanfare, saved a nearby island. Since the townies' only exposure to the kid was during the nightly entertainment, only one of those two things stuck.

"Yeah, I guess the rito got the credit for that one." she mused to herself.

While Eve was looking away, Briggson was fitting Pooky onto the back of a horse. She shuddered for a moment, and then steely-rocky hands boosted her into the air. Before she could open her mouth she was on the horse with Pooky. Gyoma soon had his own steed as well. The Kokiri wondered if they were to turn these in somewhere north, not thinking they could get a pack of horses up a steep mountain.

"Don't worry gentlemen." Gyoma hissed at the workers. "All these horses in the hands of animal-lovers like us, you'll get each back in one piece no matter the danger."

The stablehands gave him dirty looks. It was rare a creature whose name started with "lizal" was ever up to any good around here. Even the 'blin and lynel were less suspicious. Gyoma pouted, then had a bright idea.

"What's wrong? Did you see me coming out of the ocean?" he mocked the hylians.

Briggson sighed, looking at his group one last time before getting the horses into a canter. He was so used to climbing and hiking, but he didn't think he'd ever get used to the back of a horse. His upper body was so unbalanced, he needed a firm grip on the horse at all times. Evelyn looked like she was doing fine, until Briggson looked over again and saw the reins firmly in Pooky's arms. He only hoped the group was better at hiking steep trails than they were at riding.

"Pooky! Double time! We gotta catch up with those four professionals." the Goron exclaimed. They reached a reasonable speed and caught up at the house that was mentioned. They made it just in time to see the giant horse being fitted for Sandal.

"I got these three caught up. We're ready to depart for that mountain as soon as you are." Briggson offered, still looking uncomfortable on horseback.
  6. Devil-Steel

While Corbin helped Sandal mount his giant horse once it was done being fitted Casara and Hanno would ride over to Briggson and the others. " He's not the smartest one in our group, but the big guy has a big heart and is nice to have in a fight. Not to mention our armor has never been in better shape. It seems that we each only know of our own group members. I suggest we take some time on the trip to learn about each other just in case we have to fight. Don't need to get in each others way or cause any friendly fire." His eyes would glance at Pooky and Eve during his last sentence. Their starting repertoire had given him some worries.

Next thing that Casara knew was the he was being nudged in the ribs by Hanno. "Behave yourself Casara. We did just fine the first time we fought together after all. I'm sure that will be the case here if we even need to fight. Though I don't disagree with you on learning more about each other." As Hanno finished speaking Corbin and Sandal would trot over and join the rest of the group. With a wave Sandal would speak. "Me now ready. Sorry."

With that the eight of them were good to depart for the mountains. Hanno would be the first to speak up and give more information about himself. "While I don't have any combat abilities I am highly skilled with my spear. My skills lie mainly with water based magic and healing magic. Though I have only managed to pick up a handful of spells so far. I can't heal myself so I fight more carefully than most keeping enemies at the edge of my spears range and wearing them down slowly." The Zora Hybrid was happy to share information about himself with his new companions and only hoped that they were willing to do the same.

"Basically he is the weakest member among our group, but without him we wouldn't have fared as well as we did against Corbin the first time we met him." Casara was as crass as always, but he didn't mean any insult to Hanno. He would glance at Corbin with a smile, the fact that they now travel with a Lynel that they once fought would probably be the biggest surprise to everyone here. " As for me I'm handy with my halberd but tend to use my control over the earth to support from midrange. I can only control about sixty pounds of earth max, but I can shape and weave it as I see fit. Aside from that I have a clawshot that I mainly use to reach higher places since I am unable to fly."

" Me strong. Love armor. Smash bad things." That was all Sandal would say about himself, or rather all he could say. Corbin would let out a small chuckle. " Don't let his speech fool you. He has great fighting instincts. As for me I'll keep it brief. I use fire magic and enjoy studying plants." Corbin wasn't much on talking if he didn't have to. Hopefully they didn't see him as being rude for that.
  7. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Ah, I'm not much of a fighter." Briggson admitted. "I'm a little bit of a plant expert and I love to climb sheer cliffs. I can grow a Boko Baba in seconds for defense, and in a pinch I can just hit things with my fists."

It sounded kind of impressive, and it was a little bit of a surprise someone who spent so much time outside would describe themselves as 'not much of a fighter.' At a glance, his massive stature, stone-like skin, and giant arms suggested he wouldn't be a pushover in a fight.

"I'm Gyoma! Spent my life training with other Lizalfos in the woods. I didn't get along with most of them, so I left. But I can handle a sharp weapon, my real talent is riding animals. I learned a musical tune called Sharp's Song that gives me a major edge in combat. Just don't be nearby when I play it." the Lizalfos described his talents in minor detail.

The Lizalfos, seemingly the best at riding with good reason, stifled his horse a smidge to get a good look at the other two. He was about to open his mouth and say 'what about you two?' except it looked like the Kokiri was practically falling asleep. He shook his head and sighed. The scrappy young Lizalfos was also hoping everyone remembered his name. He really hoped to make it big one day.

"Pooky is a fighter! Deh-neh." he alighted.

Eve shocked herself awake at these words. "You don't fight, Pooky! You just hover around that creepy gerudo all day and talk about how you want to murder everyone!" she protested.

"Pooky is gentleman! You'll see. My 'fighting technique' is all about class. Gadgets, strategy, charisma. Pooky has it all." Pooky bragged.

"You're such a suave fighter, huh?" Eve taunted. "Last time I saw you, you were running that two-bit emporium stall in Castle Town. What kind of shopkeeper joins a group of warriors?"

"You misunderstand Pooky. Runs the shops out of habit, but I haves a lot of workers paid off to run the shops! On Pooky's payroll they are!" he yammered, quickly explaining how he got so much work done. "What about you, wench! Pooky's mistress thinks you're hot shit! What do you even do?"

"That's because I'm a battle fanatic! The gerudo just thought I could do her work for her. I sling daggers and hammers, I break stuff and I make my enemies wish they were never born! I'm even more of a jack-of-all-trades than you are Pooky. I improvise my battles, I can use a controllable doll and summon pumpkins and deku nuts. Even if I wasn't needed on this mission I have plenty of unbreakable Cheval Rope we can use." the untrustworthy Kokiri defended herself. It seemed like the group had a little bit of everything.
  8. Devil-Steel

The group was well balanced indeed. They should be able to handle anything that comes at them. The ride was peaceful, the path up the mountain seemed clear. It didn't look like a storm was brewing. It really did look like everything was going in their favor. "It seems like we should have all of our bases covered. This should be an easy mission." There it was. The famous words of doom spoken by Casara. Didn't he know better than to speak on the how difficult or easy something was? Phrases like that were sure to be a jinx.

Corbin on the other hand had slowed down and positioned himself besides Briggson. While not normally one to talk, it was rare that he met someone else that enjoyed plants the way he does. "So Mr. Briggson, do you have any idea what type plant it is we are looking for? I haven't found many medicinal plants thus far. I'll admit I am intrigued by what we might find.

While Corbin had moved to talk to Briggson, Hanno had slowed down and moved towards Gyoma. "Do you think you could help me keep an eye on Sandal while we ride? I don't think he has ever ridden a horse before and he looks a little unsteady to me. I can ride, but trying to help others better themselves on something like this is a little beyond my expertise." The Zora looked a little ashamed to be asking for help, but it wasn't about his pride at this point. No his friend needed help and when someone that is a master at what they do is in your presence, why not ask?

Carasa's attention had been caught by the Kokiri and Miniblin. He had pulled up alongside them with a smirk. "Seems like the two of you have a history together. Do we have to worry about you two working together?" He was more concerned about if he needed to keep a wall between them during fights or maybe just in general. While Casara and the others were busy striking up conversations with the others Sandal was at the front just happily riding along without a care, and possibly a thought, in the world.
  9. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Briggson wasted no time giving his assessment.

"A fellow botanist, right. It looks like we're dealing with a plant that feeds on a very specific mineral. Knowing that, it's no big surprise nobody has heard of this thing. I was surprised the apothecary had been clued in on this. Probably some rare northern hearsay I just haven't caught yet. I spend a lot more time in the wilderness than hearing rumors in town, after all." the Goron gave his honest opinion. In terms of plants that helped extremely specific illnesses he was probably not so much to blame for not knowing.

Gyoma considered what Hanno was asking, thought a bit, and then responded. "If he runs into any trouble, an old trick in horsemanship is to block the horse's eyesight with a small attachment I have. However, I think he'll be riding his horse a little bit more steady than our resident goron over here." He explained, keeping focus on what was going on. "The horse itself will be straightening its pace out on its own naturally. The way Briggson is tightly holding his doesn't allow for so much steering."

Quickly, the subject of Casara's question became apparent. "Nope. Pooky, don't answer that. I'll explain." Evelyn intercepted. "This little guy sells things but otherwise I don't think he gets along with normal people. He's self-centered, obsessed with some sort of goal which I can only assume has something to do with Ganon. He spent like an entire twenty minutes once drooling over how I was in trouble." Eve complained.

"Pooky is being framed!" the Miniblin denied. "Pooky's sales and business are Pooky's own business. Besides, Pooky isn't sure Ganon wants his help. . . more rupees for Pooky!" he alighted. The jovial Miniblin didn't seem like a threat in this state of mind, though it could all be an act. Whatever the case, these two arguing together on a horse were giving away their backgrounds and context incredibly quickly, which was probably a big relief to those listening.
  10. Devil-Steel

Corbin would mull over the information he had just been given for a moment before replying. " I see. I'm the same way, for obvious reasons. This is the first town I have ventured into since leaving my tribe. I'm not normally very welcomed wherever I go. There could very well be more plants like this one all over that we just haven't heard about yet. Makes me want to explore more of the far reaches of Hyrule that aren't as heavily populated and explored. See what else I can find." The Lynel was enjoying having someone to talk to about plants. While he enjoyed the company of his normal traveling group none of them held much of an appreciation of plants aside from Hanno. Even then he was only interested in ones that had medicinal properties.

The Zora would glance back towards Briggson and Gyoma spoke and nod his head. "Yes I see what you mean. Sandal does appear to be better balanced at least. Hopefully nothing happens to spook his horse, but at least we have you here to handle the mounts in case in issues do arise with them. It is most reassuring." Before meeting Sandal and Corbin, the Zora doubted if he would have ever conversed with a Lizalfos before. He was quickly coming to realize that while there was indeed a stigma on most of these races, race alone doesn't determine a person's character. He was ashamed that he had been so close-minded before.

Casara would listen to the two of them intently and think for a moment. Seems like the miniblin may or may not be trustworthy, or even helpful. The Kokiri on the other hand seems like she holds a deep seated resentment towards the miniblin. I don't think we should count on the two of them to support each other if we get into a fight. Luckily we have enough fighters to cover both of them, so long as we aren't outnumbered. I'll just keep watch over the two of them and make sure that nothing happens. With his thoughts sorted the Fokka would smile and let out a laugh. "I think I understand. It seems my fears were for naught. I see now that the two of you are actually rather close."

While the rest of the party conversed the Moblin would continue to lead the way, or rather his giant horse would. Sandal didn't have a care in the world from the looks of it. The truth of the matter was he was keeping an eye out of any signs of enemies in the distance. While he was carefree, he was also cautious. He feared being attacked if his secret was revealed and didn't want to get caught off guard. The fact that they so easily accepted both a Lizalfos, Miniblin, and Lynel didn't even register for him. He was just so used to being attacked on sight for being what he was that it was a deep-seated fear that wasn't easy to overcome no matter the situation.
  11. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Acknowledging each other, learning new things and other contemplations lingered as they traveled. The party caught onto a main road centered between the Lost Woods and Woodfall. The thick of the trees guarded the group as they made their way down the trail, thoughtfully widened for public travel. A road like this would have been long overgrown in Southern Hyrule. The sun was setting as they kept pace, simple to keep track of in the gaps between the trees. Before long a Hylian Guard trotted down coming from the other direction. He held up a lantern to the party's faces, inspecting them on his way by. The Lizalfos, Goron, and Miniblin stayed silent, knowing the odd mix of their party members could falsely alert the guard. The Kokiri was stiff as a board, she didn't want a guard to recognize her. Having worked for them for a short period, it was more than a little awkward at times to have to chat with them.

The armored soldier clinked off into the distance on his horse, almost without a word. Maybe it was because Sandal himself looked like a soldier leading the mismatched group off to some unknown battle. Sure, they probably could have buttered the guy up by explaining their noble mission. But the guard had places to be, and probably couldn't waste his time searching a group who didn't look like real bandits or anything.

"That was more than a little tense." Briggson announced. "But the sun's going down and we'll need to make camp at the edge of the woods before we continue tomorrow. Seems like an awful waste to get to Snowhead on no rest."

The astute Goron also looked at the odd Kokiri. The state of her fever didn't look like it was getting better. He was also somewhat concerned about the little sparks that sometimes lit up the trail coming off of her arms. At this point he was just glad they had so many eyes on her in case anything happened. He was at least satisfied with the amount the entire group had packed, as they probably were prepared to make camp.

"One more thing, and I hope this is clear. We're going to need to put heavier clothing on when we get to the mountains." he sternly warned. "Oh, good thinking. Pooky already has his scarf on."
  12. Devil-Steel

As the Hylian Guard came into view Sandal would straighten up and start sweating under his armor. Their type were the main ones that hunted down Moblins on sight after all. Of course Sandal wasn't the only one from their group to get nervous, Corbin would also straighten up. With a half the group being one of the 'monstrous' races of the land, and the other half being from the 'civilized' races there was no telling how the Hylian Guard was going to react.

When the guard passed on by without bothering them, it felt as if everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "You're right about that. Things could have gotten really complicated in the blink of an eye. Though what could one lone guard have really done? He knew he was outnumbered and outmanned. Stopping us really wasn't in his best interest when it comes down to it." Of course Casara waited until the guard was far out of earshot before voicing his thoughts on the matter.

Once they reached the edge of the woods they would dismount and tie their horses to nearby trees. While Hanno took to feeding each of the horses some apples from his adventure pouch, Casara and Sandal went to fetch some firewood from the ground in the woods. Once they returned with the firewood and set it up Corbin would use his fire breath to start the campfire.

Hanno would then proceed to pull out some blankets and heavier clothes from his adventure pouch and pass them around to everyone. "While these aren't made of white hide, they are warm enough to fight off the cold and wind. Please help yourself everyone." It was clear that their group was always prepared as Hanno pulled out eight cups from his adventure pouch before taking out his bottomless bottle and filling each glass with the fresh, crystal clear water from Lake Hylia.

Next he would pull out a large pot as well as some meat, potatoes, vegetables and spices from his adventure pouch before setting off to make a stew for them to eat. The Zora always carried plenty of everything in his adventure pouch to make up for his lack of combat abilities. This was just another way he supported his group other than his healing magic. "I've got this if everyone want to just relax. The stew shouldn't take too long to cook."
  13. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Whoa!" Briggson shouted. "Thanks Hanno, you didn't need to supply everything for us like that. That said, I'm a Goron so I only have trail rocks to eat. That stew is tempting though, I may try some out." Briggson referred to his specific nutrition restrictions.

As they were making camp, the Goron started unpacking several things from his massive backpack. Likewise, Gyoma took out a variety of items from the horses' saddle bags. Briggson matched up all of the blankets with a number of bedrolls. He wasn't sure about the number, thinking that maybe the Lynel would sleep more like a horse does. He also quickly unrolled a traveler's canopy and hastily fastened it to the ground with stakes. It was likely a camp of their size would dissuade solo attackers, so Briggson felt good about making it somewhat visible.

In addition to the existing food, Gyoma skewered up a trio of fresh fish he was carrying. They would grill nicely against the roaring fire. The Lizalfos, as an animal handler, was used to packing everything he could possibly need. He was also not typically welcome in towns, so he had everything he needed to live on his own. In fact, if there were a river nearby he would have gone back to fishing. He rummaged around in his own saddlebag and exposed a set of warm clothes that specifically fit himself. He looked daring in his black jacket, so it was alarming to see him put on a wool sweater.

In regards to the other two, Evelyn was laid out on one of the bedrolls. She looked uncomfortably sick still, and Pooky had taken initiative to prod her with a branch. He had all of the humanly instincts to help her in sickness, but none of the personal feelings of responsibility. So he sat there, poking her. Briggson was bringing a hefty travel tin of stew over to the Kokiri, when Pooky's branch suddenly caught fire.

"What is that?! What's going on?" the Goron's voice boomed.

Two small fires had sprouted on each of Evelyn's arms. It was curious as things were, but her arms also didn't seem to be sustaining injury from the ongoing flames. Granted, Pooky was hurriedly shaking his branch around and smacking the girl with a blanket to try to put them out. Snapping out of her feverish trance, she got up from her place.

"What's going on here?" she asked in a deadpan tone. She shook her arms around but the flames followed.

"It's some kind of magic or curse!" Pooky shouted.

"It could be anything -- there's still a lot of flames." Briggson interrupted. "If I have to deal with this I can, goron skin doesn't burn easily."

"Calm down." Eve interjected. "This has something to do with that magic I received." she didn't want to mention who she got the condition from- it would just complicate things.

"Magic? Have you ever tried to control it? There's a common practice of Flame Control in many goron communities and especially militia." the Goron suggested, his wild surprised eyes affixed on the flames.

"Control it? Maybe the lynel knows how." she suggested, already mentally trying to think of a way to turn it off.
  14. Devil-Steel

While Briggson was taking the bowl of stew to Eve, Hanno was taking a bowl of it to Sandal with a glass of water. "Eat up my friend. I assure you that you don't need to worry about removing your helmet right now. They accepted Corbin, so they will accept you as well."

Sandal would reach out and take the food and drink from the Zora, but still seemed hesitant to remove his helmet. Still he trusted Hanno and would listen to him. Removing his helmet he would reveal his dog like face, that of a Common Moblin, and set his helmet on the ground next to him. "Thank you."

About this time was when Eve burst into flames. Corbin and Casara would both hurriedly head on over to the Kokiri. Unfortunately even with his expertise in fire magic, controlling fire was beyond him. "I can enchant with fire, and breath it, but I cannot control it beyond that aspect."

It seemed as if Corbin was going to say more but Casara stepped up and placed his hands on the ground while speaking before he could. "It's a matter of your will. As the Fokka spoke the ground would shift and turn before a sword of stone rose up from the ground and hovered in front of him. "You need to treat the flames as if they were part of your own body. Will them on. Will them off. Will them to grow or shrink. You should be able to shape them and control them naturally if you're magic is like mine."

Standing back up the stone sword would hover nearby, slowly moving around Casara as if it were dancing. He had practiced his earth control for awhile now and was very intune with the magic. At this point it was like second nature to him. "I may take you some time to master it to the point I have, but I will help you out as much as I can."

At this point Hanno and Sandal had joined the rest of them around Eve. "If you'd like I can pour some water over the flames to see if I can put them out that way. Until you get your control down." Hanno did have an infinite supply of water after all. He just wasn't 100% sure that it would be of any help at this moment.

Sandal on the other hand was digging through his adventure pouch looking for something. He would pull his hand back out from his pouch empty with a disappointed look on his face. Whatever it was he had wanted to pull out, he clearly couldn't find.
  15. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Though the flames were started by magic, the water seemed to do the trick in taking away the fuel source for the flames.

"Thank you Hanno. I think my sudden sickness stoked some magic within me. I'm going to listen to Casara and try to get some control over this, it should be possible if the flames are igniting by my magic already." she elaborated. She had a sudden seriousness she didn't seem to have when they had met.

Now that she wasn't literally on fire, she could go to bed like everyone else. Pooky was still off running around with a flaming branch. He only decided to put the fire out when he was ready to start eating the flame roasted fish. Gyoma had finished his food, and a common concern crossed his mind. They weren't in an awful lot of danger but all of them being asleep would leave them vulnerable. He thought it reasonable to keep some sort of watch.

"Shall we sleep in shifts? There are many of us and keeping one person on watch at a time will not cut too much into our rest." the teenage monster insisted.

Briggson circled camp, making sure everything was ideal for them to rest. Evelyn was already back in her bedroll, completely covered up. Briggson checked the horses one last time, and it seemed they were all ready to turn in. In regards to what Gyoma had said, it didn't seem likely Eve in her sickness or Pooky with his unpredictability would be taking part in the watch.
  16. Devil-Steel

Pulling out a clean cloth Hanno would soak it in some water and place it over Eve's forehead. It wouldn't do much for her overall, but it would feel cool and help to alleviate at least some of her fever. Hanno had his bedroll stretched out nearby having already decided to play nursemaid to the sick Kokiri throughout the night.

Corbin had taken up a resting spot near the horses in the grass. This was the closest he had been to sleeping with his own kind in sometime. It was something he missed, although he would never admit it. He just hoped that none of his companions attempted to put a saddle on him in the morning by mistake.

Casara was near the middle of the camp propped sitting up on a tree near a few decent sized rocks. This spot provided him clear view of the roadway as well as a clear line of fire should anything happen tonight. Though with the size of their group, as well as the composition of their group it was highly unlikely that anyone, or anything, would bother them tonight.

"Me watch." Was all Sandal had to say as he leaned down and picked up his helmet to put back on. Once his helmet was situated he would being walk from edge of their camp and back again. He would linger longer on the side of the camp that the sick Kokiri was on before returning back to the other side of camp once again.
  17. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Mr. Sandal." Gyoma spoke up, having made his way toward the Moblin. "I will take next watch. Get yourself comfy."

The sick Kokiri continued to be treated by the charitable Zora. Her breathing was becoming irregular as she had made efforts to control the emergence of flames. She had made the connection between her condition and inability to contain the magical fire. If she could keep this going for the rest of the night, tomorrow would be the ideal time to experiment with activating and deactivating the fire. After some rigorous hours of struggle, the girl stabilized into a deep sleep.

Gyoma made many wide circles and centered himself back at camp. Not wanting to recruit Pooky to the task, although the Miniblin was already sound asleep, he turned his attention to Briggson. The Goron was half-asleep, knowing he would need energy for his turn of watch, he kept his eyes somewhat open and focused on the roaring fire. Gyoma tagged him out, and the large fellow went to the edge of camp to look down the roadway.

Briggson saw the tiny flicker of a Hylian Guard trotting in the distance. Castle Town was about two days travel from here. . . Briggson gathered the soldier was stopping for lodge at the enormous Lon Lon Ranch famous for its location at the center of the fields. Briggson was aware of Casara's decision to look down the road. He didn't want to wake him after a long stint of watching, but likewise the sun would be coming up soon. With daylight imminent, Briggson set his sights on the Miniblin.

"Up and at-'em, little brother." Briggson shook the Miniblin awake. "Take watch for us, will you?"

"Pooky may as well, he's awake now." the imp groaned crankily. "Pooky will kill any attackers he will!"

"Now now, before I go to sleep, promise you won't do anything dangerous. This isn't some moblin's game of kill-or-be-killed. If something comes just wake everyone up first!" the Goron reprimanded.

Eventually the naturalist Goron got to sleep in his bedroll. He kept having to peek at the Miniblin to make sure he was serious about his job.
  18. Devil-Steel

"Thank you." Sandal would reply to Gyoma as he made his way towards one of the larger trees. He would set down his large club before sitting down and leaning against the trunk of the large tree. It wouldn't take long for the Moblin to drift off to sleep after taking watch.

Hanno had kept a close watch over Eve until she finally settled down into a deep sleep. He would change the cloth on her forehead one last time happy to see her settle down and get some rest. With Eve taken care of Hanno would crawl into his own bedroll and drift off into a light sleep, his mind still focused on the Kokiri in case he was needed at any point before the next day started.

Sometime during Briggson's shift Casara slipped off to sleep himself. He had been keeping an eye on the road in both directions during the first two watches. It wasn't that he didn't trust those keeping watch, but rather that he was still used to traveling alone and having to watch out for himself. Though during those days he would typically make an earthen dome around himself as camouflage.

As the sun started to rise, Corbin would wake up and head towards the center of the camp. He would be sure to be quiet so not to wake any of the others just yet. He knew that this trek was going through the mountains was going to be a long and tough journey and was going to let the others sleep in for a little while longer.
  19. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    When Gyoma woke up, he immediately went to corral the horses together. His gentle hands and soft words worked wonders on getting the horses in position. Soon, the rest of the camp would start waking up.

"One thing before we get going." Briggson got everyone's attention. "We're taking a small detour to Rolling Ridge. A trek this long will require ample rest, food, and lodging. I know lots of people there and we're sure not to find trouble."

Gyoma understood right away. He knew by the maps and his own experience that a shortcut didn't really exist there anyway. As Briggson helped the others pack up the physical camp, Gyoma went around sizing up the riders for their horses. Pooky seemed to be nodding back off to sleep after having taken last watch. Gyoma was sure to just pair Pooky and Eve on a horse again. The odd Kokiri seemed to be doing better in terms of her illness, perhaps good enough to rein the horse herself.

Without many more words, the camp had been cleaned up and the rest of the party was getting saddled up. Gyoma had just got done feeding the horses for the trip. It was imperative the horses were well for the trip. He additionally checked them all for sickness or signs of fatigue. The horses seemed to be in good health, so he gave the go ahead to everyone.

The clear field was somewhat more calming to travel than the dense woods had been. In Northern Hyrule, there were still monsters now and then, but in less dire numbers than the Southern region. Within the first hour of travel they spotted a flying Peahat taking seed in the distance. Eve was hoping a dragon would fly by, but her daydreaming would end as their trip truly began.

"On, off, on, off. . ." the weird Kokiri started an odd chant, not loudly but somewhat bothersome anyway. It appeared she was trying to control something, most likely those flames.

The sky cleared up quite nicely. Pooky's limp snout was sound asleep against Evelyn's back. Briggson, concerned, looked back now and then, but nothing seemed off. His attention turned to the other group, who he was sure were having no trouble riding.
  20. Devil-Steel

When Gyoma woke up and began to tend to the horses, Corbin would trot over and lend him a helping hand. While he couldn't ride anything himself, he knew how to tend to animals as they were some of the only things that didn't run from him. It was like they could sense his inner kindness.

"That's a good idea. I'd rather sleep in a bed tomorrow night than leaning on another tree. Be truly well rested hardest part of the journey." Carasa didn't fancy sleeping outdoors much, but knew it was all part of the job being a mercenary. Especially with the company he keeps.

"How are you feeling this morning Eve? Any better?" Hanno had woke up only moments before the young Kokiri and wanted to check in with her before doing anything else for the day.

Sandal was the odd one out of the group. Even with the rest of them up and moving he would remain asleep. None from his group seemed worried about it, knowing when they finally did go to wake him he would get right up.

That time approached fast and it was Carasa that woke the sleeping Moblin. Well attempted to wake him. He was almost caught by a wild swing of Sandals arm. Had he not stepped back when he did he would have been sent flying. Pulling his halberd from his back he would start to prod Sandal with the end of the hilt.

After a few moments of prodding Sandal would stand up and walk directly over towards his giant horse speaking to Casara as he passed by him. "Me sorry. Me sleep not well."

With Sandal mounted up the rest of the group of outcasts, as they called themselves, would each mount one of their own horses. The group would begin their journey towards Rolling Ridge with Sandal in the lead once more. Hanno had been joined by Casara next to Eve as she rode. The Fokka was there if she had any questions about her control magic, while Hanno was there to make sure she didn't push herself to hard.

Corbin had ended up in the middle of everyone this time around. It almost looked as if he had been taken prisoner and was being escorted. If he didn't have his weapons and shield still that would probably be the assumption of any random passerby.