The Great Old Lights [Open]

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Doc Genz, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Name:The Great Old Lights [link]

Description: (A furious fighter demands protection as she hosts a seedy and horribly dangerous mission into the lower Western Caves. Following a vague hunch and a promise of danger, Eve searches for the rumored golden garb said to have been woven in the depths of the cave system by an ambitious and paranoid old craftsman with nothing to lose. Payment is likely, injury guaranteed.)

A violent sandstorm whips up, obscuring even the bulletin board outside the Quest Bureau. A short, hooded figure can be seen as the wind dies down. The humanoid calmly strides away from the board. A single note has appeared that wasn't there before. The parchment is large but the writing crude, as if someone furiously scribbled the notice without worrying about the outcome. The figure doesn't even look over their shoulder to see if anyone had noticed

On the parchment, you can just barely read:
    "The GOLDEN LIGHTS [. . .] always watching [. . .] suitable protection from the harmful rays. [. . .], then bring a reliable amount of protection to the noted location. I repeat, bring a suitable amount of protection to WESTERN CAVES, AT THE TREE SHAPED LIKE TWO HANDS GRASPING FOR THE SUN."
    Much of the text is too furious and sloppy to read, but you got most of it. There's something that protects from light. In order to find this artifact, this person wants a bodyguard? It seems as if they want to be prepared for anything. What you don't understand is why they didn't specify a time. You chalk it up as another sloppy mistake.

Players/Characters
    - Eve (Doc Genz)
    - Holle (Eternis)

Rewards 40 + (10/character) = 50 rupees/character
    - Eve: 50 rupees for a Golden Tunic
    - Holle: 40 rupees for an Adventure Pouch + 10 rupees (-40 owned rupees) for the Fire Enchantment
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Holle has followed your character without it's knowing, assuming that's okay w/ you :haa:.
  3. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    That's perfectly fine. What will your reward be?
  4. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Hm...
    Edit: Adventure/Compaction Pouch + 10 Rupees, I think.
  5. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    This is acceptable. Have fun! c:
  6. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Due to my recent acquisition of rupees, I have a chance to add to my collection of treasures. Since it works thematically, would it be acceptable to add "Fire Enchantment" and "Ice enchantment" to my list of treasures?
    Edit: Wait, no. I forgot my Wisdom was only 4. In that case, again, if possible, just Fire Enchantment.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  7. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    So that's 40 for the pouch, assuming you're still getting it. Then the 10 + (40 of your own rupees) for the enchantment? I will edit that in but tell me if you want it changed.
  8. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Nah, that's exactly right.
  9. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    This is all wrapped up! Thank you and goodnight ladies and gentlemen! Both threads are linked now, too.
  10. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Given that I have recently received some extra wisdom, and this has not yet been graded, hit me up with Ice and Fire enchantments! (For the full 80 rupees, paying 70 out of my own pocket)
  11. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Hahaha. How about no. You can get the ice enchantment later easily. I just want this graded eventually, you know? Let's humble ourselves and agree to you getting your treasures on the current terms. I'd rather not have to edit the opening again while this is already a finished thread.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    This looks entirely fine to me. :)

This is accepted but to be totally honest Eternis it felt like you had a little more to go with your post there. It didn't feel like it really brought much closure, nor did it explain what was actually going on, but it's fine for now.

Other thoughts: Geebo, for what you intended this thread to be, it was almost completely flawless, and I feel as though it almost perfectly mirror JoJo. Good job, both of you, especially with Eternis pulling off Joseph's typical "you're screwed and here's why," and then predicting his exact lines.

Well done.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014