TEAM RED: Pokemon RP: Tales from the Belvair Region

Discussion in 'Pokemon RP: Tales from the Belvair Region' started by Chaos James, Jul 30, 2012.

1. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Ah. Right." Catherine sprayed a Potion on Corsola's wounds before standing up. She let loose a little red beam from the ball, and then notched it in her belt. The Shuckle had crawled back out of his shell and started following them. She wondered what it wanted, though. It didn't seem to harbor any ill intent, or even any desire to grow stronger, if its actions could be good indicators of it.

Well, it didn't seem to be doing any harm, and she was glad to have caught her first pokemon. Now at least she could battle. She turned to follow the Pikachu back to the halls again, taking in a deep breath of fresh air first. Hopefully everything could go as smoothly as it was now.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Clyde's apathetic gaze looked over the other trainers, and their new... acquisitions. This was it was normally done, wasn't it? Training against feral pokémon, catching them... collecting them, even. The trainer thought on the matter, then glanced towards the bug on his shoulder.

Wordlessly, he joined the electric mouse and her brunette trainer on a path down the corridor, albeit keeping a slight distance. He had caught pokémon previously, of course, but this might be his first time actually keeping and training one... How exactly he was supposed to bend the will of a feral thing that was trying to kill him, he wasn't too sure. In any case, he assumed it was better that the jellyfish pokémon stay out of harm's way... for now. Even if it was willing to serve him even half as loyally as Dust, for all he knew it only possessed a pair of rather unimpressive attacks. He only had one paltry means of healing left, and at the moment it seemed much better suited towards the pokémon which would invariably defend him to the death.

With a slight sigh, Clyde pocketed the newly caught monster and shuffled along. He glanced back towards that one girl--he hadn't gotten a good look at her in the darkness, but she was the one who clearly had no idea what she was doing... with the Gligar, but his eyes quickly averted to the others. "Any idea who might be down here?"
  3. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

A sigh of Relief escaped Alyn's chest. She looked down at her pokeball with a grin. From what she understood though, she'd have to go get her new ally healed up before he could fight. She put Hats's ball in another pocket to make sure he wouldn't get lost in the bag.

She kept with the group, letting Darren leap around above doing as he please, but called to him if he went out of sight. She had no response to Clyde's question, and only took the time to stare at Naomi and Catherine.
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Walking through the dimly lit passageway, Naomi walked in the lead with Zaps as the rest followed, all the trainers thinking about their new friends. "I would assume," Naomi started, answering Clyde's question, "that mostly trainers would be in these caves. The Seabreak Caves stretch a fair bit underground, but the city officials have strung lights up through some of the main paths to help trainers see their way while looking for Pokemon."

As the party turned around a corner they had come to, they were met by another large room. No water this time, but more ledges and rough walls. Ahead of them another set of stone steps stretch upwards to an upper path, while the passageway to the right seemed to stretch into darkness, where chittering sounds echoed off the walls. Clyde noticed a sign on the far left wall, while Alyn caught glimpses of what she thought was light reflecting off some glass, though it was hard to tell, as the reflecting light seemed to come off the roof.
  5. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Catherine looked about her surroundings. To the left, more steps... to the right, a shady cave with disconcerting sounds holding Arceus knew what for them. Probably some awful group of angry bat pokemon, or some such. Her preference was clear.

The girl mumbled, "Seabreak Caves, hm..." as she veered left to see what it held. She had continued up the stairs a bit to see what was there, thinking about how they might get back to the city, or at least somewhere they could alert proper authorities. Given their location, it certainly seemed that going up was the rational choice...
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Oh... right... Seabreak Caves," Clyde's voice trailed off with disappointment. He'd been here many times before, just never to this particular region--he should have realized it sooner. In truth, there were no secret underground organizations or anything of the like down here; that much he had experienced firsthand on numerous occasions. Needless to say, the thrilling prospect of being to some secret place no one's seen before was suddenly wiped away.

Still... a fanged grin spread on his face, as he relished the thought of pummeling stranger's pokémon into oblivion, leaving the trainer helpless in the wilderness without a single pokémon to defend him. Oh how he relished trainer battles.~ Granted, he only had one pokémon capable of battling, all he could use as medicine was a single Oran Berry, and he barely had any idea how to get out of here, but his mind was far too preoccupied to consider such trivial things at the moment.

After seeing an unfamiliar sign in the distance, Dust gripped his suction cup limbs somewhat forcefully upon Clyde's forehead his trainer's head towards the sign... With a bit of a twisted and mildly expression, Clyde glanced up at the bug on his head, before doing as he apparently requested and moving a bit closer to the designated object. He squinted in the darkness, trying to read aloud any words it might have so that the telekinetic worm above him might gain some remote new insight.
  7. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Chuckles dragged himself towards the sign that hung on the wall, curious as to what the large, painted object was. As he got closer, he quickly realized that it was meant for the humans, and not for himself. Right. Still a pokemon. Oh well. Shrugging, in the only way that a Shuckle can (that is, sightly flailing its limbs, just like it does for everything else), Chuckles decided to hang out with Zaps the Pikachu. Sliding up to the yellow and brown mouse, it was clear that the strange pokemon had a good bit of trouble keeping up with the more dexterous, and less noodly rodent. Even so, Chuckles did his best to follow Zaps.

"So, where exactly are we headed? I've been lost in this cave for awhile... and I'm not really even sure where I came from before that." Chuckles said, laughing slightly at his own foolhardiness. Alas, there was nothing for it, and following these people certainly offered him the best chance of leaving the dark, damp cave. "I can't really understand humans too well yet, since I've never really been around them, so I can't even read this sign here." he continued, motioning towards the aforementioned object with a yellow arm... or was it a leg?
  8. Chi

The name of the Cave was unfamiliar to Alyn, she didn't pay attention to much about pokemon. All she wanted was out of the cave. Alyn caught sight of something up there, and she tried to see what it was, while listening to the sign being read.

"Darren, what's that up there, go check it out," Alyn requested of her Gligar. He began to climb the walls to go see what his human was interested in.
  9. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As Catherine went up the steps while looking around, Clyde read the sign out for the group and Dust.

"Seabreak Cove Trainer Tip: For safety reasons, stick to the areas with lights. If lost, following the upper paths will lead to the exit."

Simple instructions, and it seemed like Catherine had the right idea. Zaps turned to Chuckles with a grin, "I think they just figured it out. We should be out no problem." As Zaps explained it to the Shuckle, Naomi leaned down to her Pikachu. "Did you make a new friend? How cute," she smiled before standing back up straight and started up the steps.

"Gligar!" Darren cried out as he poked at the shiny thing, eventually nudging it loose from the roof. The small stone fell to the ground right near Alyn. Hearing the stone hit the ground, Naomi turned. "Hey, a Moon Stone. Nice find."
  10. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Catherine waited by the steps for the others to catch up, taking note of the discovery of the moon stone and the trainer tips sign. Hmm. Then this was definitely the correct path. Still... where did it lead? She would hazard a guess that it would go right back up to, or at least near, the city... where the Rocket Grunts could still be rampaging around, out for Naomi's blood and her stone.

She swallowed her own misgivings. She had a pokemon now! She would be okay... right? Her hand rested on the poke ball at her side, unconsciously displaying her nerves.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Looking away from the sign, Clyde glanced towards one pathway, and then back to the other. It was safe to assume the dark one held wild, cavernous pokémon of some kind... who, even if he obliterated them, wouldn't have much to give in return... The other would more likely than not lead him to trainers to pummel, and hopefully back to the surface.

"I'm hungry, and I have a half-dead jellyfish to heal," Clyde grumbled aloud, "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting out of here for now." With hands in his coat pockets, he shuffled past Catherine towards the stairs, giving her a slight glance in passing. If eyes could speak, his would have asked what she was even waiting for.

As the trainer marched onward, Dust glanced back at the group... silently... watching...
  12. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Oh. Thanks, haha." Chuckles said, laughing awkwardly. He still wasn't really sure how to handle the situation. In just the past hour or so, he had gone from being alone, and lost in a cave, to being absolutely surrounded by people and pokemon. To be quite honest, he was still in shock from it all, though he was grateful. It certainly had been fortuitous, since he'd have likely never have found his way out from this godforsaken place. Hell, it was unlikely that even a human would have come along and caught him, at least so he thought. Well, nothing for it. I suppose I should stick with these guys for awhile, at least until we leave the cave. he thought, murmuring quietly to himself. Picking himself up, he began to follow after the trainer named Clyde, who for some reason seemed rather... grumpy? Gruff? Chuckles wasn't really sure. But perhaps it was because of the strange bug that resided on his shoulder. "You two certainly do seem to be a pretty good pair." Chuckles commented to Dust, not really meaning to have said that aloud, though the words came faster before he could shut his mouth.
  13. Chi

Alyn picked up the moon stone and examined it. It was certainly a beautiful stone. She put it in her bag, and turned to follow Clyde. "I think we should leave quickly as well, after what happened in there. My new friend is severely hurt, and he needs rest."

Darren shouted happily as he begin to hop up the stairs after Alyn. He thought he could certainly stay in here longer, but his human apparently had other plans, and that involved going back to that place with all of the other people. Loud and noisy people, too. Darren turned to the shuckle, and hopped back down to grab Chuckles and carry him up the stairs quickly.
  14. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    With the decision made that the party no longer wanted to be trapped underground, the group made their way up the stairs and followed the lighted path until they finally emerged from the cave. The sun was setting in the sky, and from the dying light the group could make out a few features. A sign right by the cave clearly read 'Seabreak Cave. Do not wander off the path', and down the road the lights of a building could be seen, the color and sign easily marking it as a Pokemon Center. Off down the path away from the area some tall grass could be heard rustling as the party got closer to the center, but nothing that would stop them from going inside.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Glancing over his shoulder, Clyde was surprised they were so close to an exit... He'd even been here some time ago, he thought, but either this wasn't the only entrance to Seabreak Cave, or his mind was playing tricks on him.

"Oh, there's a Center up ahea--" oh dang did that grass just move, "Dust!" The trainer called to the pokémon sitting half-asleep on his noggin, finger thrusting towards the grass. "String shot whatever's in there!"

Jumping to attention, the Caterpie abruptly launched himself from the trainer's hat with a flourish and--for a split second--seemed to soar through the air as shots of the hindering substance launched forth into the grass, hopefully hitting a pokémon. Despite Clyde's brash idiocy, he had at least enough sense to order against the hopefully-pokémon-and-not-person a move which couldn't get him charged with assault.
  16. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Catherine breathed a sigh of relief that the coast was mostly clear, and even more when she realized how close they were to a Pokemon Center. At least they were free of more battles. They wouldn't be bothered for a little while.

Unless of course they decided to haphazardly pick fights with everything that moved in the grass. As Clyde had just done. She sighed again, this time of slight exasperation, as she prepared to release Cory. She could probably use some battle experience, anyway... She wondered if it would be as fun to her as the training from before.
  17. Chi

(To move this along, I wrote up this really short "post" that will render Alyn out of the scene for a bit)

Alyn didn't want to take part in pokemon hunting shenanigans yet. She quickly hightailed her way to the pokemon center, to get changed from her ruined dress and have her pokemon rested up.
  18. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Clyde launched Dust towards the grass, the fire of battle burning in his eyes as Alyn shook her head and head off made towards the PokeCenter. A squawk echoed out from the grass as Dust rolled out, followed by a reddy-brown Farfetch'd. Clyde's eyes grew wide as he saw the Pokemon. “Dust! Get him!” he cried, pointing a skinny finger at the off coloured Farfetch'd. Dust shot of a gob of String Shot, but the bird Pokemon deftly avoided the attack. Turning tail, the Farfetch'd took off towards the near by woods, letting out a taunting “Feeeeetch'd.” Narrowing his eyes, Clyde hurried after him, scooping Dust into his arms as he ran by.

Naomi turned, a quizzical look painted across her face. Before she could speak, her attention was drawn by the sound of approaching feet in the direction they had just traveled from. A group of hikers were racing toward the group, who, until now, were unaware that they were standing smackdab in the middle of the road.
    "'Scuse us! There was a cave-in, and some trainers got caught pretty bad! We gotta get 'em to the PokeCenter immediately!" Naomi let out a small gasp when she saw the bodies they carried as the hikers hurried past.
    "Those trainers... weren't they there before that Onix dropped us into the cave? Oh dear, this is all my fault! We need to make sure they are okay!" She looked at Catherine. "Are you coming?"

-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nurse Joy was no stranger to cave in victims, but even she couldn't stifle her sharp gasp of suprise as she saw the severity of the injuries. While two of the boys appeared to have escaped any serious harm, the other boy, as well as the girl, were not so lucky. Dry blood covered the side of their heads, and their arms hung limp.
    "Oh dear, please put those two in the back Sam," Nurse Joy began, pointing at the heavily injured trainers, her eyebrows knitted in worry. "Those two boys, hmm... Oh! Lay them down on the couches Ralph, over there by Miss Baxley please!" Nurse Joy. pointed to a timid young lady who seemed almost petrified by the mere momentary attention drawn to her. Following behind the burly men, she could see that that Mark and Harry were vaguely conscious, though quite bruised and beaten.

"We found some wild Pokemon with them. They musta been tryin' to catch 'em before the roof fell in on 'em. I couldn't leave the poor things there, but my boys and I are all full up on Pokemon. These lads here deserve some good fortune, so if yeh could make sure they get 'em, I'd be mighty grateful Nurse Joy." Ralph flashed the Nurse a smile before he handed her the Pokeballs containing the Totodile and Slowpoke. Nurse Joy gave a thankful nod, before the hiker continued. "Oh, and we managed to get their injured Pokemon back into their Pokeballs before haulin' the Trainers outta there. Here yeh go." Ralph shook off his backpack, and pulled out four more Pokeballs. "Yeh have yourself a good one Miss Joy." The hikers gave a nod and a wave to Nurse Joy before filing out the door, pasting by the arriving Alyn Berard.
    "I'll be right with you dear, if you could just take a seat next to the young man over there." She directed Alyn to a seat beside the recently awoken Gregory Hanks, who had been in the middle of his free soup before the hikers had arrived.

"Yona," she cooed, turning towards the maid girl, "I know you are just passing through, but you've been so much help to me. Could you just keep an eye on these two while I finish up with their Pokemon and attend to the others? Thank you my dear!" She flashed the girl a smile, and without waiting for a reply, turned her attention to the two semi-conscious boys.
    "Whenever you two are ready, I'll have your Pokemon behind the desk waiting for you. You can rest as long as you need, you hear?" With a reassuring pat on both boys shoulder, she turned and, remembering the other two Trainers, headed into the back after placing the Pokeballs into the PokeHealer, leaving the front room in an uncomfortable silence.
  19. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Gregory watched the Hikers bring in the two boys. They were badly beaten and bruised; some kind of accident, he guessed. From what he could make out of what they said, there was some kind-of cave in. He wasn't surprised; the terrain around here was fairly mountainous, and you never knew what kinds of Pokemon were around.

As they laid the two boys on the couches adjacent to him, he examined them. They weren't as badly beaten as the other two who had been placed in the back, though they were still a little rough around the edges. One of them was huge; he guessed he was at least 6'6. He was fairly muscular to boot, seeing the dude's muscles contract as he guessed he tried to move. A set of glasses were laid beside him on the table; though the lenses hadn't shattered, the frame was somewhat crooked.

The other boy, laid on another couch adjacent from the muscular one, had long, dark hair covering a small head. Weird, he thought. He didn't really expect someone's head to be that... tiny, he guessed. It just seemed kind of odd to him. His clothes were dusty and matted; from the collapse, he had to guess. He waved in front of this boy's face attempting to elicit a reaction from him, before reaching down and prying open one of his eyelids, searching for a response from it. It moved somewhat erratically, like it would when someone was deep asleep.

Noticing his soup growing cold however, he finished his meal. Rodrick, the tinier than average Houndour, soon rounded one of the many corners of the complex. He had let him out for a brief stroll, and from the dark stains around his muzzle, he guessed he'd had a bite to eat as well. Another person's generosity fed his hound for a day, and for that he was glad. He recalled Rodrick to his ball, throwing his bowl in and thanking the busy nurse as he departed the now busy PokeCenter.

The day, what was left of it, rather, was somewhat chilly. It was late after noon, and the sun was slowly sinking over the horizon. He had gotten up about an hour prior, having spent the majority of his night making it here to rest his legs and let his Houndour have a break from the inconsistent battles it seemed to like participating in, more so wild battles than trainers, he'd noticed. He guessed Rodrick had some kind of sense of being responsible for him, not that he could blame the Houndour. A small breeze echoed throughout the area, as he started heading away from the PokeCenter, and, consequentially, the cave from which the boys had been rescued, ready for whatever today may have in store for him.
  20. Lich-Kun

Lich-Kun New Member reg

Re: TEAM RED: Pokemon RP: Tales from the Lower Regions

"But... I-"

Yona tried to protest to the nurse's request, but she had left before she could get the rest of her statement out. She let out a sigh, reflecting on what had happened leading up to this point. She was strolling peacefully along the route, when all of the sudden a commotion broke out near the Pokemon center. Somehow, the nurse had convinced her to help with the injured people. After a while, she was allowed to rest, and she sunk into the farthest part of the couch from the rest of the people.

That is, until two of them were lain down on it. Remembering that she wasn't alone, Yona sunk further into the U of the couch, looking anxiously at the hands in her lap. She shot frequent, nervous glances to either side of her. The man on her right was large, and looked vaguely gorilla-like. The other one was a boy with a mess of long hair, an an unnaturally small head. There was another man beside her, but she didn't have a chance to get a good look at him before h - thankfully - left. The maid didn't even know these people, but she knew one thing. She was terrified of them. So much that she was petrified in her seat, unable to move. She held her Pokeball containing Jeeves tightly, ready to unleash it in the event that either of them tried to attack her.