Stone Tower Temple - UD U5 Squish

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Jacob Temple - Ultra5
    Ronaldo Kawager - UnnamedDude
    Morgan Liesmith - Squishy

----

The tower loomed over the small, abandoned village, a warm wind blowing through the canyon.

Morgan looked at it with a look of determination on his face. One day, he had promised himself long ago, he would climb that tower. And today was going to be that day, he had
    decided. This attempt was not going to fail. Even though the past five had, this time it would go right, Morgan could feel it in his bones. The fabled treasure at the top was going to be his. All of it, down to the last little speck of gold dust would be his and his alone. Maybe he could even swim in it.

A big grin spread over Morgan's face. Swimming in a sea of gold, that was a good reason to climb the damned tower. And of course his personal training. Climbing the tower was going to be his final step, he was going to prove himself he was strong enough for it, and strong enough to return to civilised society. If today was going to be a success, he would be able to see his brothers again. And of course roll around in the great big heap of gold at the top.

This was going to be a good day, he thought to himself.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Two Stalfos patrol the ramparts of the outpost. Keeta has them on standard patrols ever since the end of the war with the mindless undead. While Keeta himself had returned to the capital of the Ikana Kingdom he placed a Lieutenant Azors in command of the outpost. The Stalfos look up as a creature descends to the outpost. They hold their spears at the ready as a white Wyvern lands. As Jacob jumps off Eysseth the Stalfos lower their weapons and salute.

"Alright." Jacob returns the salute. "Now I heard ya got more troubles 'ere?" One of the Stalfos nods and hands Jacob a scroll. Taking the scroll Jacob nods. "Alright. Let's see 'ere." Eysseth looks over Jacob's shoulder and reads along. Cocking her head to the side she lightly bites into Jacob's armor and starts carrying the Hylian to the entrance of the temple. "What tha?! Eysseth will ya quit doin' that?"
  3. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    A small, furry creature with a bud on his back waddled rhythmically as he approached a foreboding stone tower. He had ventured a long way from home, encountering all manner of things and employing all sorts of tricks, some involving a red boat with a lion for a figurehead, the help of many ritos and countless tuna fish, but he had gotten here. Now, any regular person would have a reason for such extreme measures. Ronaldo Kawager was mostly certainly no regular person, nor did he have any discernible reason. The closest thing to a motivation that the drifting kikwi had was what he referred to as the inscrutable bidding of his soul, but was more commonly known as whim.

That said, Ronaldo was currently in one of his more fanciful moments and he held no designs, for good or ill, as he cheerily marched towards the ominous structure; the only thoughts he had were on the weather, and how nice a day it was today.
  4. Squishy

Suddenly, Morgan heard heavy footsteps behind him. He whirled around, his eyes growing large at the approaching creature. It was a large dragon, carrying something in its maw. Morgan quickly slid some needles into his palm and stepped back, until he slipped on the slope leading up to the entrance, falling flat on his rear.

"S-stay back!" He cried at the dragon, raising his needle-filled hands. It wasn't much, but perhaps he could scare the creature away.

Then he heard some more footsteps, this time coming from his right side. Morgan's eyes darted to the side, not daring to turn his head fully away from the approaching dragon. Had it brought friends? Were they going to feast on him until there were just simple scraps of cloth left?

But the second creature seemed a lot less terrifying than the first. It was small, round and fluffy, and it seemed awfully carefree for such an edible-looking creature, wandering around on its own in this canyon.

Perhaps he could somehow distract the dragon with it...?

"Wait!" Morgan shouted at the dragon. He struggled upright, crept towards the second creature, who was walking at an easy pace. Then he suddenly launched himself at it, grabbing it by its fur and hoisted it up in front of him.

"Please eat this and not me!"
  5. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Ronaldo blinked as he was raised against his will. It was his plan to traverse this tower, of course, but this change in elevation was far too small and afforded him too little freedom to be of much help. Perhaps the great ones beyond the veil were feeling rather capricious today...

Or perhaps not. The panicked voice and the pressure in his sides told him it was another earthly being that had borne him to the front of the beast and not the whims of those above, or his own. He didn't particularly feel like becoming dragon chow right now... perhaps another day. The bulb on his back twitched and shuddered a bit, before suddenly letting loose a small bush, needling his captor. As he did so, he murmured, to the fellow behind him, "Now that's no way to introduce yourself. But since you can't be bothered, my name is Ronaldo Kawager."

He turned his full attention to the man and dragon before him. They were certainly an odd pair, one traveling in the other's mouth like that... now that, that sort of strangeness seemed more like the great ones. Perhaps they were indeed fated to meet. "Ah. And who might you two be?"
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Realizing that him saying that wasn't going to work Jacob goes back to reading his orders from the Stalfos. Eysseth continues walking eventually coming upon a smaller Hylian (then again all of them were small to her) that notices her near instantly. 'He looks scared.' Eysseth thinks as she cocks her head to the side. Dropping Jacob from her mouth the Wyvern walks over to the man who is holding up a little Kikwi. 'Oh it's a little hidey plant person. Thought that was smell.' She sniffs the Kikwi a few times and gets ready to lick the plant man as Jacob gets back up to his feet.

Jacob reads over his orders in detail.
    'Pretty simple. All I gotta do is...' Jacob's thoughts are cut short as Eysseth suddenly releases the old Guard from her maw. Landing face first in the dirt Jacob curses his luck. Not that anyone can hear it over the sound of him hitting the ground. Upon getting his bearings again Jacob pushes himself up just in time to see, what appears to him to be, Eysseth about to eat a small Kikwi. "Eysseth! Down girl!" Jacob commands getting his Wyvern's attention.

Hearing a shout from Jacob Eysseth turns back to him.
    'Oh no. I dropped him in the dirt.' She walks back over to Jacob and bows her head to which Jacob then scratches the thinner scales behind the Wyvern's ears making her purr closing her eyes.

"Sorry 'bout that. Lieutenant Jacob Temple, Hyrule Ca...well I s'ppose I should say Army o' tha Ikana Kingdom. An' this 'ere's Eysseth." Jacob scratches behind Eysseth's ear harder making her purr more. "Now can I ask what youns 'er doin' 'ere on military property?"
  7. Squishy

Morgan yelped in surprise when the creature suddenly opened the flower on its back. Things did not seem to be going his way today... Or did they? At least the dragon did not seem intent on eating him, that was a relief. But the man's words were a little more worrying.

"M-military property?! Excuse you, mister!" He dropped the little furry creature, putting his hands on his hips in an indignant gesture. "I've been living in this bleedin' village for years now and nobody's ever mentioned to me it's 'property'!" First the man's dragon was going to try and eat him, and now he was being told he was basically trespassing! He watched the man with an angry look on his face, flicking a needle in and out of his sleeve.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I've got a tower to climb."

Morgan turned around to walk in the direction of the tower, but forgot about the cute critter the had dropped and promptly tripped over him, falling flat on his face.

"...Ow, crap."
  8. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Ronaldo rolled over and righted himself after the fellow dropped him. My, it was certainly not his day today. "Oh, do calm down," he said in response to the Hylian's manners. To punctuate his sentence, he drew out the vuvuzela and gave a quick trumpet next to him, a short but harsh brrrrrhzt!

He turned to the knightly-looking one. His companion may have a hungry look in her eyes but he, at least, seemed polite enough. The kikwi bowed slightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir Jacob. I, too, am here to explore this spire of stony make. As for your inquiry into my intentions, I quite sincerely lack the capacity to tell you. To ask why is to ask a zephyr for what reason it blows; it simply does."

He straightened and inspected the captain-ish looking man. "If you might pardon my boldness, then, for what purpose do you come here? I can't imagine that you're simply taking your wyvern for a walk."
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Eysseth snorts her version of a laugh as the Hylian trips over the hidey plant man. Jacob chuckles a bit too before pulling the Hylian up a bit roughly. "Alright. Ya may want ta watch yer attitude boy. I'm yer elder now listen. Tha Army o' Ikana has taken control o' tha Stone Tower Temple. It is officially under military jurisdiction. Now I got a mission in tha tower. Unless ya wanna do time yer gonna help me. Understood?"

While Jacob talks to the Hylian Eysseth walks over to the Kikwi. 'He seems nice enough.' Very carefully the Wyvern grabs the plant thing with her teeth and sets him up on a rock before letting go on him and moving her head to look into his eyes. Cocking her head to the side she licks Ronaldo.

Jacob turns to Eysseth and Ronaldo not letting go of the Hylian.
    "It's fine. I'm here on business. I'm sorry, but I gotta say tha same thing ta you too. Help me er be jailed. Eysseth don't scare 'im yeah?"
  10. Squishy

Morgan's thought from earlier that morning echoed through his head. How terribly wrong he had been. Today had to be one of the worst days of life, almost as worse as the day his eldest brother had walked out on him and their other brother, leaving them to fend for themselves. In less than ten minutes he had nearly been attacked by a dragon, slapped in the face by a plant, tripped over said plant, attacked by said plant with a strange instrument, laughed at by three total strangers and on top of that he now risked a jail sentence which was completely unfair.

He snorted angrily, too frustrated to come up with a reply right away. He had little choice than to go along with the man for now, even though Morgan knew the canyon and all its hiding places like the back of his hand, he doubted he would be able to get away if he made a break for it now.
    Perhaps he could somehow... see that they had an accident inside the tower. Yes, that was a good thing to look forward to. Morgan sitting on top of the treasure while the knight fell off the tower to his death. Oh yes, so very sly and subtle. Now if he could only pull it off... Which was going to be hard with the dragon still around. At least it made for a pleasant daydream. Which he was desperately going to need for distraction if he was going to climb the tower with these unlikely companions.

Morgan shrugged, still feeling a little frustrated, though thinking of the knight going through all sorts of horrible death-scenarios made him feel a little happier.

"Fine. Like you're giving me a fair choice..."
  11. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Ronaldo winced a little at the tongue, and attempted to smooth down his fur where it had been touched. That accomplished, though, he gave a little smile and patted the wyvern on the side of the face. It seemed more curious than anything else, and Ronaldo would be the first to admit that the feeling was mutual. Even in his travels he had not met a creature quite like this one before. It surely had the power to eat him alive, but it seemed very gentle.

Upon hearing the comments of the others, though, he turned. There was an unhinged sparkle in his eye as he heard the explanation. Oh, yes. That actually fit in perfectly. "Oh, no. Your dear friend here and I are simply getting acquainted. And yes, were you willing and able, that was among my myriad goals as well. Shall we go, then?" Said the kikwi airily, in a tone that could've been used to describe plans to plant flowers.

He twirled the instrument a bit and the used it to point directly to the entrance. "Off we go, intrepid adventurers marching into the wild rocky abyss!" He punctuated this with another blare of the vuvuzela before putting it away.
  12. Jacob Temple

Jacob Temple Semi-retired Guard Wyvern Rider new

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ultra5
    Eysseth shuddered at the noise the hidey plant man made. Shaking her head and stepping back she growled. Seeing this Jacob let go of the Hylian after setting him on his feet and laid a hand on his Wyvern calming her. "Easy girl."

Jacob opens his mouth to speak as a pair of Ikana soldiers walk up wind whistling through their exposed rib cages. Their glowing orange eyes look over the Hylian and Kikwi. The soldiers look at each other before raising their spears to the trespassers. Jacob loudly clears his throat. "They're wit me."

Upon noticing Jacob the Stalfos snap to attention. "Yesss sssir." Giving them a return salute Jacob waves the gone. As they leave they eye the trespassers.

"Now as Mr. Ronaldo said. We're off. Eysseth take point." Eysseth nods and walks ahead of the group with her slow lumbering walk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.