Showdown at the Shokay Corral [Doc Genzo]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Nameless, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Well I work for th' place but that bastard imprisoned me? I'll let ya out but that's as far as my reach goes." the thief girl admitted, jingling her keys.

"You're right Chicky." Eve admitted, still struggling to move the sacks. "What if we give this back to the people! We could distribute it or something!"

"Do with it what'ya want little lass." Thief girl spoke up. "Ya took it from that greedy evil titan. He's got no place to put it. An lady Hylia knows, we'd just use it to pay off our thugs. I'd understand if you wouldn't let us do that either."

"Well, I can't complain since you helped us." Eve stifled a smile. "But paying for a bunch of convict's silence sounds pretty shady to me don't you think so Chicky?"

Eve continued rallying the treasure together, eventually finding containers to force it all out in. She was convinced not to hurt anyone else during the process, but the girl's menacing presence helped them get the ball rolling with few problems. The kid was a little criminal at the end of the day, but she was the one who promised to give everything back if possible. She was also convinced of another thing: she wasn't letting the mountain of treasure go to waste in an evidence pile.

Thief Girl ran about the dungeon unlocking all the traps with her set of keys. A number of criminal Koroks looked on as the little group shuffled piles of treasure out of the facility. The peanut gallery had nothing they could do to stop it, though. Passing a group of Zazaks, Eve handed each of the monsters a gleaming handful of rupees each. The brutal guardians weren't bad guys in her eyes, and they were all down a boss.

Finally, Eve set aside an especially beautiful pile of shining polished jewels. She would be sure to sneak the treasures into Ruairi's wagon some time when he wasn't looking. With that all squared away, the girl also had no way to bring the pile across Hyrule Field back to her cottage in Darunia. She planned to bring it to the Cabbage Salesman, where they could distribute it out to charitable organizations in the area. They also owed the vegetable monger some damages for taking over his stall for so long.
  2. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

"Excellent!" Ruairi clapped his hands together, looking pleased for the first time in a while. They had their guide, and Eve… Well, even Eve seemed to be affected by the whole ordeal, actually willing to part with the treasure for the good of the community? …The Rito probably wouldn't have gone that far, but maybe it would be good for the Kokiri, so he nodded.
    "Better use than whatever else you got in mind, surely," he mused. Not that he did anything to help her with gathering the treasure, as he had some preening to do after that scuffle…

The journey back was much easier now that they had keys that unlocked completely different routes for them. Much easier ones, with less puzzles and danger – and any danger seemed to be easily bribed, now that the word of the boss' demise was starting to spread. And just like before, he showed off his new ability to dance across the water to remain dry!

The sun was still shining up in the sky once they got out. Ruairi had to shield his eyes, already adapted to the darkness of the underground. But fresh air was great! He couldn't wait to fill his lungs with that – nor could he wait to get his creativity flowing! He had already rushed out to the poor cabbage merchant's stall, stopping his cabbage selling business once more to put on an impromptu show as the first ever work-in-progress Ruairi original musical telling about his amazing feats of chasing after a thief and besting their whole hideout in search for what was precious to him. The story was most definitely sounding much more heroic and embellished than it really was. It was going to be great – Hyrule Castle Town was going to get the first taste of it right away!

The poor cabbage merchant was once again unable to sell his wares, and the Rito seemed to think he didn't even need proper payment for that, despite the attempts. As he panhandled money with his own performance, perhaps he was the true thief stealing from the working man after all.