Showdown at the Shokay Corral [Doc Genzo]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Nameless, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Thieves' Town – A Link to the Past

Hyrule Castle Town was always full of life. The streets were filled with people of many races, the air was overflowing with noise. A good day with sunny weather made for busy stalls along the streets the merchants had set their wares around, as everyone was ready to shop and handle their chores. Though there was a stall that despite all the masses of people around, was not getting as many customers as it should have. In fact, the amount of customers seemed to be a grand total of zero, despite the curious looks. Perhaps the lack of wares being sold was the reason.

A young Rito was seated behind the stall in a relaxed manner – though he remembered to strike the occasional seated pose – his hair done and clothes well-pressed. Clearly someone who had preened themselves to look neat and like they knew what they were doing, but not going overboard and filling their looks with ruffles and jewelry that did not fit the merchant streets. He – probably a he, the make-up and slender figure did not help much with figuring that out – made sure to adjust his clothes and hair every so often, as he waited patiently.

A cloth with writing had been wrapped over the sign of the stall, to notify that the great and amazing Ruairi was waiting right here, for the fateful encounter.

He had received a strange gift, after all. A kinstone piece, which he knew would bring him greatness as long as he could just find someone with the matching pair. Not an easy task to do, even for someone like him who traveled a lot… So he had decided to advertise a little. Gotten together some fliers to tell people that he had a particular kinstone piece – with an artistic rendition – and that he was going to be waiting at Hyrule Castle Town, ready to fuse the kinstone with whoever could bring the matching pair. Surely everyone was just filled with excitement, knowing that they could fuse a kinstone with such a famous Rito singer?!

Finding a place had been easy enough. No, he didn't have a spot prepared, or wanted to deal with setting up something, so he had instead practically forced himself into the stall of a merchant to take over. The wares had been collected away, despite the feeble protests, leaving the doormat of a merchant to the sidelines. Occasionally he tried to get the Rito to leave, but it wasn't working. His cabbages were stuffed back into their containers in the back, where he could just try to sell them to anyone who might have maybe noticed, while Ruairi took the front and beamed with his best smile.

Any moment now. Aaaany moment now. He had been there the whole afternoon already, but maybe people just needed a bit more time to get to the spot in time.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    What luck! Eve had been hunting the poor Rito down ever since that fateful show in Darunia, and the resulting events. She had meticulously figured out what Kinstone piece he had, and slyly swapped out her own piece from the Day of the Halved Stone with one matching the pretty Rito's. He had, almost by destiny itself, set up a stall to look for the piece's counterpart. With Ruairi playing shows across the country, and traveling in a now-iconic wagon he was not super hard to track down. The gilded Kokiri however, still put great pains into finding him. It was practically a crime how she had worked out finding him.

Back in Darunia, a cork board working out all the exact locations of the Rito had been set up in the girl's room. Her Fairy sat before it, pondering its meaning. The Tiny Fairy used her little dagger and chain to add more to the lattice of pinned yarn. Her spider web of chains added no extra meaning to the work of art. Alice sat back in front of it, daydreaming about its meaning. The sloppy crayon drawings of the Rito added some semblance of extra context to the design. Alice couldn't read, so no sense could be made of the object.

Evelyn slipped a handful of rupees to a suspicious Miniblin.

"Thanks for tracking him down! I was so close to finding him but I didn't see which way he went." she thanked the creature.

Pooky smiled back, jingling the rupees in his paws rhythmically, musically even. The Miniblin had ample and complete knowledge of the shopping district, and to that effect those who would advertise there as well. His instant knowledge of the stall was almost certain, having been advised of the Rito's significance by a certain suspicious Gerudo. Meryem was down a boss or two, but had still kept her business open. It was fortunate that wizardly Rito who had attacked them at the docks had competition. Though the spider's nest was full of unwanted individuals, this Gerudo at least would help in undermining those confirmed enemies of theirs. At the end of the day, it was ultimately better that Eve and Ruairi's names weren't being traded around by spies at all. But those in such shady business would disagree, intel was always more valuable than gemstones and gold in this world.

After following Pooky's instructions, Eve made her way to the most obvious, dead center of the trading hub possible. His location was so easy to find that the girl had clearly wasted a handful of rupees for no reason. Another easy win for Pooky, it was. She strolled up to the stall in a clandestine fashion. She didn't want him to see her casually walking straight toward him, as he would immediately know she planned this. Instead, she made her way to the stall and pretended to read the sign. She was seemingly unaware of Ruairi at all, intentionally not trying to see him.

"Oh! Chicky, I didn't know you were running this stall! Heehee, all you want is to fuse a kinstone? How quaint." she remarked, seemingly not knowing what 'quaint' means.
  3. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi had crossed his legs as he continued waiting, occasionally making sure that the hem of his shirt hadn't risen too much. He could sit in one position for quite some time, before he had to adjust it – he had had plenty of experience in being a spectacle to be watched, after all. He was just gently pushing a strand of loose hair behind his ear before a voice made his blood run cold. A voice he thought he would have forgotten, or perhaps hoped he would. But he hadn't. It couldn't be, right? It must have been a coincidence, a false positive.

The Rito's gaze snapped back to the other side of the stall. There she was, practically disappearing behind the counter that hid her child-sized self. The horrendous make-up that also looked as if it had been scribbled on her by an equally child-like hand. Someone who was being chased by lunatics and would only bring bad luck and misery with her.

Eve.

"Wh- W-Wait, what are you doing here?" Ruairi asked, quick to go straight to the point. By now he had stood up, his hands hitting the counter with a soft thud. No no, he had to calm down. Hyrule Castle Town was big, and the market would attract plenty of travelers. Perhaps it all was indeed a coincidence.
    "…Long way from Darunia."
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Yeah. What a w-weird coincidence. I was just in town buying some s-smoked meats." she lied to his face.

The devious Kokiri made a mental note to find some magical way of being better at lying later. She made it look like she was still reading the sign. The bustle of the town was causing a lot of noise between their own speaking. Down the street and making their way past the booth was a group of five guards. Eve sweatily held onto her kinstone half, getting ready to reveal it at some point.

"O-oh you're looking for a kinstone? Red. . . what does this say." she started, voicing out the writing somewhat as she talked.

"Evelyn!" a sound came from beside her. "It's been a very long time!"

The goofy troupe of guards surrounded the girl and tried to talk to her. Oh the humanity. It had been several long adventures since she had any contact with the Castle Town soldiers. At first she had just been hiding her shady past from them, now she was in the process of keeping her entire life and adventures a secret from the guards. That excluded Julius of course, where ever he was.

"Oh hello! How's yer mum?" she started, pretending to be interested.

"Seriously, we haven't seen head or hair of you since the last mission! I don't think we're allowed to court-martial a kid for deserting though." the closest soldier teased.

"Haha, ya don't say." Eve nervously replied. "My uh, I had a lot of. . . you know. . ."

"Don't look so grim, kid. We're serious, we're not pressing charges or anything." a second soldier spoke up.

"I would only take that coming from a Captain. . . but uh, I talked to a Captain already and he said it was okay! You guys aren't going to send me a subpoena or something?" she awkwardly added.

"A Captain?! Guess you're off the hook. So what have you been up to?" the leader continued, choosing his words wisely.

"I UH. Tell them Chicky! Tell him what we did together!" Evelyn volunteered the poor Rito with her words.
  5. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

"Well. There definitely are no smoked meats here. He's selling… What was it that you're selling, again? Cabbages?" Ruairi turned to glance over his shoulder at the miserable merchant behind him. He had started to answer, but he was not allowed to actually get anything out of his mouth before the Rito turned back to Eve and started talking to her like he had never even asked anything.
    "Right right. I sent some fliers around with the further details. Oh no, looks like I don't have any left. I'm sure whoever has the matching pair for the kinstone piece is already on their way," he continued, with a rather dismissive wave of his hand. Eve didn't have to know anything, she was not involved in this in the slightest. Hopefully she would lose interest quickly and leave.

Another voice at first made Ruairi hopeful, but the realization that they were there for the Kokiri definitely managed to deflate that excitement. The guards weren't even paying any attention to him! He barely even listened to the conversation. The merchant, meanwhile, was trying to get the attention of the guards – and failing. There was the occasional meek and quiet um, excuse me and other pleading, as he hoped the guards would do something to handle the stall-stealing bully Rito.

Alas, it was yet another wish that was not granted, as the guards didn't even seem to notice that he existed.

Ruairi was forced to pay a bit more attention to the conversation once Eve called out to him, asking about what they had done together. He didn't even want to remember…
    "The time we rummaged around some abandoned ruins and you got some kind of crazy person coming after us, causing lots of damage to a ship and the docks?"
  6. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "NO Chicky, we worked our butts off and saved an island village and that sweet bunny too!" Eve took over, exaggerating the positive parts of their experience on purpose. "Crazy person? Naw, nawww."

She was concerned about keeping the Rito's attention. But what was more pressing was getting these guards to fuck off.

"Besides- HEY! That guy is running off with cabbages! He didn't pay for them!" Eve lied to the guards.

Seeing her point at someone who was entirely too far away, the guards took chase.

"Hey! You have to pay for that!" they yelled as they ran off.

Eve sighed. She would also have to finish her conversation with Ruairi, and maybe get out of dodge some time this hour if she didn't want the guards coming back and interrogating her. She had done some solid investigating in regards to the Kinstone piece- yes, she knew the one she had was the right one. It was truly the one he was looking for, no doubt about that. The bratty girl started to get desperate.

"Don't worry Chicky." she said, winking. "Your secret is safe with me." presumably referring to the sheepish merchant who was about to start begging for him to stop using her stall.

"The thing is Chicky, we're up-and-abouters. We don't care about the haters." she explained, mysteriously. "Trust me, I can give you that secret thing you want."

She held tightly to the red shard, her glove soaking with sweat.

"You just have to say those words." she added at the end, almost ready to spring the almost pointless rock on him.
  7. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi of course mostly remembered the bad parts. And perhaps he wanted the Kokiri to remember as well. And the guards to know, seeing that they were so buddy-buddy with her – what even was up with that? He did have to give one almost defeated sigh, though.
    "The bunny was nice and soft," he recalled. Such a soft, squishy creature. A pity one wouldn't fit in his wagon. And the rewards were nice, too…

But no. Everything Eve was involved with was going to be awful, he shouldn't try to look through rose-tinted glasses. Seemed like she didn't want him to reveal any more details to the guards, though, as she suddenly sent them away on a totally worthless chase. At least the Rito was pretty sure that's what it was – no one had stolen any cabbages. The poor merchant, in despair, reached out to the guards as they dashed off, once again left alone with the stall stealer, unhelped.

Ruairi just eyed Eve with a raised eyebrow – only growing more confused as she started talking about some… Secret? He had no secrets. …Right? There was nothing that could hurt him. Surely? What had the brat learned? What did she know? He know it couldn't be anything actually bad, and yet, there was a strange feeling of dread inside him.
    "I… Really have no idea what you're talking about."

But what if the Rito was just doing some kind of a test?!
  8. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "No it's nothing weird I just thought you were looking for one of these, uh." she started quickly, stumbling on her own words.

Her hand slipped and the Red Kinstone shard fell on the ground as she removed it from her pocket. There was a clatter as it hit the grey stone bricks of the merchants' district. The shy merchant quivered, and almost jumped out of her own skin when the clatter of stone rang out. Now that the cat was out of the bag, at least Ruairi could live in peace knowing he didn't have some weird dark secret he wasn't supposed to talk about.

"That thing oh look at it go." she yelped as she juggled her weird little hands trying to pick it back up.

Evelyn was sweating now, knowing those guards would be back sooner or later. She was also self-conscious about Ruairi discovering that she had seriously sought him out with the exact same Kinstone piece he had-- a decently rare find. Although there was a rumor about some sort of Gold Rupee kinstones floating around with known and named owners. With that in mind Eve was hoping Ruairi would pass the whole thing off as a coincidence.

"I mean mmm, smoked meats! I can't wait to get my hands on the real thing I came here for." she painted a glorious picture of stupid excuses.

"Oh wow look at this though isn't that a kinstone piece you needed?" she pointed a little finger at the shiny red object in her other hand.

She was running out of excuses and time. That, and sooner or later Ruairi would call her out for stalking him, not that she had any idea what she had even done. The fancy dressed Kokiri was so full of shit it was leaking out her eyeballs. The merchant stared at the weird scribbles on her cheeks that she counted as makeup. There was a pause as the shopkeeper opened her mouth and then changed her mind in such an instant that she pretended to swallow something instead.
  9. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi frowned. When he had sent all those fliers, he had indeed hoped for as many to see them as possible. What he hadn't considered was that even Eve could end up seeing them. Had he revealed his location to her like that? Surely she hadn't just come to Hyrule Castle Town to chase after him, right? Surely whatever she was digging out from pocket wasn't a kinstone, was it? Surely not the right one, either? Surely she would not have gone to chase the lands to find the matching pair so she had an excuse to show up at his booth…

No, no. Surely not. That would be too insane, even for her.

The Rito sighed as Eve stumbled and dropped whatever it was that she wanted to show him. There was a flash of red, yes, but it couldn't have been the correct piece. Honestly, someone like Eve probably wouldn't even understand actual art like the one he had drawn on the fliers to show what kind of a piece he had. No way she could have gotten the right one. Probably chipped the one she had, too!

"Look, I'm sure you know kinstone pieces need to be an exact match. I can't go fusing it with just any other piece," Ruairi started, not even looking at what the Kokiri was trying to show him as he dug through his pouch for his superior piece. So well-polished it practically had a gem's glint to it as he pulled it out and the sun hit it just right, its surface so perfectly smooth, with a vibrant red color. He had hoped he wouldn't have to explain something so basic to Eve, but surely once he showed what he had and she had her futile attempt to fuse two unfitting pieces, she would leave.
    "Mine is really special."
  10. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Soon, a real thief ran into town. This thief girl was colorblind, and got true excitement from seeing a match to her Green Rupee Kinstone piece being advertised all around town. She wanted to bring it back to her thieves' den to fuse it and reap all the rewards for herself. The thief sprinted out in the open, past five marching guards who were chasing some random person.

"What do you mean 'special' Chicky? Look the grooves on mine are the exact same." Eve argued, flailing her little gem in front of his face.

Instantly, Eve was pushed violently to the ground. Eve could feel her legs bending the wrong way as she collided with stone against her back. The thief snatched Ruairi's piece right out of his hands and continued running. Eve was already trying to get back up to run after whoever had just assaulted her. Her knees bent funny as she tried to get off the road.

"Run! We have an arsehole to catch!" she shouted, changing her posture to start running.
  11. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Maybe Ruairi was finally willing to give Eve the time of day, his eyes opening slightly and his gaze starting to move towards the kinstone piece she was holding. Well, he assumed it was one, after all – then again, maybe with her, it wouldn't be sure. It could be just about any rock. He was willing to take a look, but there was no way she could have gotten the kinstone that was an exact match to his. No way at all.

And she disappeared. It took a moment for him to realize that she had taken a tumble – been pushed down quite forcibly, actually. And his own hand was suddenly feeling much lighter.

His kinstone was gone. Ruairi blinked. What exactly had…?
    "T-Thief! Guards!" He finally belted out as it all clicked. That thief had stolen his kinstone piece, right out of his hands! …And of course the cursed guards that were just there were off screwing around who knew where right at the moment when they were needed!
    "Give that back, you, you… Ruffian!" The Rito wasted no more time jumping over the counter to take chase.
    "This better not be another one of your lunatic friends!"

The shopkeeper felt like his prayers had been answered. Was it karma at work? His cabbages could finally be put out where they belonged.
  12. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "She's not my-" Eve complained. She had cut herself off, suddenly not wanting to admit how few friends she actually had.

She had also still not realized the shopkeeper was a man. Not so relevant after having taken off after the thief. While she had all sorts of ropes and chains to use, it was no use trying to throw them while running at this speed. Her only goal now was to tail the thief to wherever they may be headed. In fact, it was possible if she could trick the thief into thinking they weren't still following her there may be a better chance of discovering the secret base. That said, Eve didn't really know where the miscreant was running off to. Maybe she was going to one of those "fence" things. Eve still didn't know where the criminal fence existed.

"Faster! But don't let her see us." she blurted between gasps at Ruairi. "She's slowing down and we can tail her around corners."

There was a sudden hush as both the thief and the two chasing her stopped stepping so loudly. A vagrant started yelling at Eve if she too could hear the gods. She made a shush finger at him and went "shhhh" and he slowly put down his sign. Eve wondered about Hylians sometimes, they were so odd. They turned a few more corners, spotting the tail of the thief's jacket shifting behind every other corner. They appeared to be gaining on her.
  13. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

"Stop the thief!" Ruairi still yelled – why wasn't anyone doing anything?! Where were the other guards?! Argh! His kinstone was well on its way to disappearing forever, and all he could do was to try to chase it through the crowds! …At this point, he was not quite sure if having Eve there was a good thing or a bad thing. There was a good chance that this all way her fault somehow, after all! But the thief was quick, much better at slinking through the masses of people. It was tricky to stay after her, but he really didn't want to lose sight of her!

But his pace was slowing down even though he didn't want to. He was getting out of breath – alright, maybe he should have kept up with a bit more physical training, even if he was not currently doing any shows! It just couldn't end like this…

Eve suddenly said that the thief was slowing down. By now Ruairi was breathing heavily enough that he couldn't tell – but he did suppose he had managed to keep up, despite the fact that he himself was growing more sluggish. He gave a quick look at the street they had found themselves in, with some more lunatics around – where exactly had they stumbled into? The slummiest of the slums? Would explain the lack of people willing to help them. And the lack of guards…

"When I… Catch the thief… I am going to… Be so mad…"
  14. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Come on Chicky, I think we're close!" Eve yelped between breaths. She was slightly exhausted from the run too, but had so much more stamina from her endless adventures up to this point.

They peeked around the corner and saw the thief doing a number of suspicious things to try to get into a hidden door. It appeared to be some weird dance or one-person handshake as she recited some kind of password. There was a muttering of disinterest from behind the door, it slid open weakly and the thief disappeared within.

"We're gonna have to force our way in there. Hold on while I equip my sneaking suit." Eve explained, changing her stance momentarily.

Eve did a little jig, twirled around and landed her feet in position as a little jingle played. Transform Ego activated and Extra Eve appeared in her over-the-top swimsuit.

"Wait, that's embarrassing, that spell isn't what I needed here." Eve panicked.

Extra Eve stared blankly at her true self. This was definitely some major waste of time as the thief was headed deeper into the hideout. Eve really did have a sneaking suit, but she was going to need some tactical cover to change into it.

"Extra Eve, stand here and keep watch as I change." she commanded.

The clone stood in place facing outward in front of a small alleyway. Eve vanished into the shadows and quickly started changing. She popped out moments later in a strange black outfit featuring a vest with a lot of pockets on it. It was functional, but looked like something you would wear to a costume party, which it probably was. Especially considering the jazzy high boots it came with, it looked like something you would wear if your halloween costume was 'Shiekah Special Ops' or something. It seemed like a poor trade-off when her normal outfit had a type of protection built into it.

"This is my sneaking suit." she explained, holding a 'Y' pose to show off the ridiculous outfit.
  15. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi was breathing heavily by the time he finally had the chance to stop, as the pair peeked over the corner. There. The thief. In plain sight. If only he had to energy to lunge and apprehend the crook right there and then… But alas, he didn't. All the Rito could do was to watch as she did some kind of a strange dance. He couldn't hear what was being said, though, but what clearly was a hidden door opened just enough to let the thief inside.

They had to get in somehow. Eve said something about a sneaking suit – and Ruairi had no idea what she was talking about, so she turned to look at her. Just in time to see her summon that clone of hers again, still wearing the swimsuit he had seen back at their little island beach adventure. He raised an eyebrow. And didn't bother to stay there and wait while she changed.

The Rito had caught his breath, so he strode to the secret door, leaning against the wall.
    "Oh how my feet hurt from walking on these harsh cobblestone streets, carrying this full, heavy bag of rupees with me. Woe is me, for my success has left me with so much that it is becoming physically unbearable. Is there nothing I can do to alleviate this burden? Surely I cannot even take a step, for I am so exhausted."

The drama had to flow.
  16. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Another disinterested murmur came from behind the door. It seemed, if it wasn't the password, the character with the deep voice guarding the door was literally too stubborn to do anything else. The guard must have been paid well too, working for thieves as he did. Money was simply no object to him.

"Move over Chicky! This is gonna get dangerous." Eve warned, barging down the street recklessly.

The weird Kokiri opened the button latch on her pretty green Adventure Pouch. She started yanking on some kind of long brass handle. The handle became longer and longer as it left the bag, almost reaching her own height. Finally, a head awkwardly popped out of the opening revealing some kind of big golden war mallet. It looked a lot more like a tool than a weapon, and that was probably intentional. In fact, she presumably only revealed this object with the interest of -oh no- using it as a battering ram of some kind.

Eve emptied her lungs in a tough stance with her hammer's head situated on the ground behind her. She began to breath in, and some gleaming lights appeared on the bangles around her wrists and the gem on her forehead. She released her energy with a "Hrrgraah" and lifted the weapon with speed. The hammer's head made an arc over her own head and swung loudly into the thin sliding door. It made quite a dent into the metal, and a very alarming amount of noise.

The guard slid the now-broken door open. The metal slid into its pocket until the point of the big dent where it stopped. The face of a Bokoblin appeared, and he grunted as he armed himself with his weapon. The Bokoblin aimed a crossbow at the two, unsure of who to aim at first. To his chagrin, the hammer was swinging back around at increasing speeds. The door was smashed into an angular shape as it bent in, folding like a big box.

The guard doubled over as his bearing was knocked aside by the impressive force.

"Get him Chicky! We're going inside!" she yelled senselessly.
  17. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

His performance was amazing and immaculate – yet the door did not open. Ruairi waited for a bit longer still, his hopeful smile masked by the dramatic airs he was putting on as he was fully in character, swooning and swaying. Surely that would do the trick!

It didn't. The Rito furrowed his brow. Pearls before swine, clearly.

Eve didn't have to tell him twice to move over, as she pulled out a… Giant mallet of some sort? Ruairi just managed to tilt his head slightly before he realized he needed to give her much more space, as she started swinging the thing around! She was surprisingly strong for someone her size, able to knock a nasty dent into the door that doubled as a fake wall. That certainly did the trick, and made the door open, revealing the face of some kind of a bokoblin! An armed one, at that!

Not for long, as Eve's hammer came down a second time. The slight surprise and speed they had on their side allowed them some momentum to swing the battle in their favor. Now Ruairi was far from a fighter, but he was ready with his hookshot, blasting the chain over the bouncer-blin until it attached to something… And jumped along as he was pulled in, with his feet first to use the force of the pulling to knock the bokoblin down!
  18. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The dramatic entrance appeared to do the trick, footprints appearing on the barreling Bokoblin's face. Eve dropped the hammer, rushed in, and sunk her icy-cold dagger into the back of his neck. A white fur of frost crystallized on the Bokoblin's upper torso and lower chin. The mystically sharp crystal of the blade slid effortlessly into the intelligent monster's spine. The crossbow clattered onto the stony floor.

"Pick that up." Eve said, seemingly to nobody. Surprisingly, Extra Eve appeared from around the corner and appeared to attempt to grab the hammer.

Rushing in without any caution, Eve thought for sure she saw the backside of a Korok running by. Eve, Ruairi, and Extra Eve entered the alcove of the hideout. This was the secret place called the "Thieves' Town:" a rumored syndicate base that existed in most major towns. The original Thieves' Town was located in Kakariko town long before its destruction.

The internal hallways were extremely dark, there was evidence of a lantern somewhere deeper within, but it was shockingly hard to see. Eve's incredible sneaking suit was starting to make sense, it was certainly hard to see her if there was no light sources. Granted, she had two companions that weren't wearing such things, and she continued to look silly.

"Hey! I said pick that up!" she berated the clone. Her spell was a strong illusion, and the clone couldn't collide with any physical object without losing power and vanishing. . . It seemed capable of doing incredibly basic things but this appeared to be its limit.

Eve followed the clone back outside, and grabbed the weapon herself. She made the awkward tool disappear back in her bag. She then grabbed Extra Eve by the hand and led her back inside. The mild interactions with her were certainly not enough to make the fake clone vanish.

"Goodness'! My ghastly doll is a better body double than you are." she taunted the unspeaking apparition.
  19. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

The soles of Ruairi's shoes made contact with the bokoblin's face, and the speed was enough to make up for the lack of force his kick normally would have had! The guard fell, and the Rito used the opportunity to kick off so he could continue the rest of the hookshot's path, with a nice little acrobatic motion. He stuck to the landing as he hook detached itself from the wooden post, and dusted off his clothes as he flicked his hair as if waiting for the applause.

None that happened to came. No one seemed to even be watching, so Ruairi frowned slightly as he turned around. The bokoblin was on the floor and didn't seem to be moving much. …At least they wouldn't be bothered in a while! Or something. Surely the guard would get up at some point. Right?

The clone of Eve joined them too. For… Some reason. Ruairi had no idea what it could do. Eve herself also seemed to be berating the thing for its failures, so he didn't have the best hopes. Oh well…

The Rito let out a sigh and turned to look at the hallway that led deeper into the hideout. It was dark, the little sources of light far ahead and rare. The darkness swallowed everything around them.
    "I know you were trying to get in all sneaky-like, but… We don't know this place. There could be traps. Maybe visibility would be better than trying to hide in the shadows?"
  20. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Sneaky, not sneaky. . . so long as they don't see me there's no problem right?" Eve argued.

They entered the dark hallway, reached the single lantern, and then met with a dim stairway. It was possible they could just. . . move the lantern. That didn't seem necessary though because a bright glow came from the doorway at the bottom of the stairwell. Eve was curious about the limits of her illusion. She looked back at the weird girl who was dressed for a swim.

"Go down there and look around inside that door." she commanded Extra Eve.

The flipper-clad girl loudly slapped down the stairs and made her way into the opening. There was an audible splash as, presumably, the simulated girl had finally achieved her dream of taking a swim. That finally answered Eve's aching question of whether water, a fluid, counted as a collision with this illusion. But why was there water down there? What was that light?

"We need to go fish up my clone." Eve insisted, running down the stairs.

What she found in the archway of the door was nothing short of shocking. There was a lengthy plane of water partially submerging what appeared to be a town full of small houses, interspersed with many ramps and metal lattice platforms. Atop the platforms and ramps were many Koroks, all running around and seemingly busy as if they had jobs to get done in this extremely cramped underground facility. The stairs didn't seem to go that deep? But it was at least the height of a couple houses as they climbed down, so it wasn't impossible. But Eve had to ask herself, was it necessary?

Extra Eve splashed around in the water, having only been told to explore "inside" the door. She seemed to be having fun despite the permanent blank look on her face. It seemed like she had some vague concepts of feelings and behavior. The Koroks immediately spotted the two girls coming out, and possibly Ruairi. They didn't sound any alarms but they started talking amongst themselves loudly. Perhaps this wasn't the real hideout yet, but they had still caused some trouble.