Lanayru Mining Facility [Squishy Panther] [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Blonde Panther, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    To Laurel's immense relief, Idris used his gigantic thunderbolt to knock the monster off the wall. It fell, landing on its back and twitching in an attempt to get up; something that was made impossible by its uncoordinated spasming as a consequence of Idris's spell. She reached down, raising her rapier. "If we can strike it now, we can finish it," she said to Idris, enchanting her rapier with electricity as she conjured up a Magic Bolt. "Let's see if we can't overload that thing."

She reached out with her free hand, plucking at a tangle in her hair. "...and when I get out of here, I need a bath. Before -anyone- sees me." With that, she straightened her arm, transferring the enchantment into the magic bolt and making it larger, brighter, and crackling more loudly. "Let me know when you're ready."
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"That shouldn't be too hard now." Almost immediately, Idris prepared another spell, this time conjuring a small flame between his hands, which quickly grew in size. As it turned into a raging fireball, he pulled his hands back.

"Ready!"

He threw the fireball with all his might, watching as it went straight for the downed monster, hitting it in the eye, along with Laurel's magic bolt. It made short work of the scorpion. As its last eye was destroyed, it let out a final, ear-piercing shriek. Then, it fell silent.

It took Idris a few seconds to process that the danger was gone. They were safe. He let out a shaky breath, straightening himself and smoothing out what remained of his crumpled and torn coat. He glanced over at Laurel, unconsciously taking a few steps away. He had not forgotten what had happened before, and he did not want to repeat it. Instead, he climbed back down, to inspect the fallen monster.

Even dead, missing its two pincers and with its legs curled close to its body, it was still an impressive creature to see. And slightly eerie. Idris remained on edge, as if the creature could jump back to life any second.

"So. This is it, then?"
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "I... think so, yes." Laurel followed Idris down the ladder to inspect the monster, although she didn't come as close as he did. She'd gotten more than close enough during the battle, thank you very much. "It's dead... it won't rampage through town because of us." That was a relief in and of itself, and she finally gave in to her shaking legs, slowly dropping to her knees. "Do you suppose..." she swallowed, starting over. "Do you suppose there are more like it in Hyrule? Giant monsters sealed away, at risk of being released by unwary adventurers?"

She shook her head. It wasn't all that important. "Give me some time to catch my breath," she said. "Then we can get out of here... and I'll get to work on fixing your reputation."
  4. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Idris raised his eyebrows at his companion's question. Did she really... not know? Then again, he supposed that not that many people ventured out into the wild all that often. Luckily, that also meant that less people were able to disturb these monsters or unleash them on civilization.

"Yes. There's plenty of them."

He thought back of the giant spider he had fought. And now the scorpion. Somewhere it was such a terrifying thought that these things even existed. And with the rising tensions across all of Hyrule, it was likely only more of them would start to appear. No. It was too early to think about that.

For now, all that mattered was that they got out of this place. And perhaps, home.

"I can fix my reputation by myself." Idris huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "But..." He sighed. "You can try."