A potential fix to Rupees & Professions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Guy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

My remark concerning the kokiri was just an example, guys. Try not to focus on it like it's the sole problem.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(It's slightly amusing how my suggestion thread which is barely related to the topic at hand ended up becoming the lightningrod for all of the drama ever. I am apparently just that controversial.

That said, carry on. I'll have to go grab some popcorn for the next few posts, though.)
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

This post is full of so much win lol.
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Since we're apparently done derailing this... maybe we can get back on topic.

While I don't see myself using Dreamtwister or the Marketplace much at this point in time, you never know when my opinion on it changes or I get a brainwave of sorts. Guy, I vote for on those.

I also like the revamping of the profession levelling system you suggested. Even now I'm trying to come up with a way for my Qamar to get rid of the rupees she has to pay for her next priestess level, so your system would at least make things a lot easier by just 'statdumping' the rupee reward into profession EXP. You have my blessing on that one, too.
  5. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I have thus far avoided commenting in this thread since I figured it would turn into a firestorm sooner or later, but here I go with my two cents;

First point being, Kokiri being children, it's entirely possible they don't even comprehend the finality of death; thus it may not in fact be malice if one of them did something resulting in death, like the Skull Kid nearly destroyed the world without actually meaning to. He just happened to be as much a victim as everyone else, and after Majora's Mask got off him he was a nice if still mischievous kid.

Second point being that while the logic operating behind the shift in the races is sound, the timing honestly bemuses me; I mean, it could just be(And I will give you the benefit of a doubt that the fact of the matter is) that the controversy is what got you thinking about it, but as raz said and panther added, such a thing could also easily be construed as an act of spite, given our prior less-than-stellar experiences with a previous mod. An actual inspection reveals that some time after the changes this mod set in place about 100 profiles went dead and several rpers just left the rp. (And for the record, RD's lack of tact and attitude appear to be exacerbating the problem.)

Third point being as guy said, this is entirely off-topic and it would be nice to get off of it and just stop hating on each other.

That said I do like the dreamtwister and marketplace ideas, and I think I could live with the professions tweak.

The Rupee Riches point does sort of perplex me though as it does seem like it would be fine if it weren't coupled with another rupee-giving racial.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Woo. :tpr: As I said in the cbox, though, I wouldn't be too surprised if Dreamtwister and the Marketplace fell into as much disuse as the Arena and Arena Lord are now.

The 50-rupee price still feels a bit steep to me. That said, if it was lowered to 30 or 40 and made available as an optional racial perk available to several if not all races, then I would be perfectly fine with it.

...Coincidentally, I quite like the "racial perk" term Tsubori coined, there.
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    all of your ideas are amazing, etc.

I'd really like to see what the dreamtwister has in store, though.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As per my own suggestions and everyone's feedback, I've updated professions with "profession points," improved crafting professions, and added the Professional major treasure. I did not modify the Business treasure, other than clarifying that its effect only applies to a single profession.

I expect the Marketplace, Dreamtwiser, and altered racial perks/origins to be added after further collaboration with other staffers. And less laziness on my part.