A Pirate's Prison For Me (BP & Squish) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Silas pushed himselff off the table and followed Sigmund.

They encountered no further pirates on their way. Perhaps it was as Sigmund had suggested, that the pirates were actually going out of their way now. Something about that was oddly unnerving. Were they all awaiting the duo at the top floor, ready to lure them into an ambush? Were they really just afraid? And what about their leader? Silas knew she was strong, she was the one who defeated him and tossed him down in the dungeon in the first place. She had not struck him as a cautious person, relying on brute force and speed to overpower enemies, and yet... Perhaps she valued her crew too much to throw them at him and Sigmund.

At the end of the hallway was a large, solid stone staircase. From the windows, Silas judged them to be pretty high up in the fortress, so this was most likely the way to the top floor. And their last battle.

"Wait." Silas called out to Sigmund and stopped, undoing the wrappings around his wounded arm. It was a chore to even lift the limb- not even starting about fighting with it. He draped the long strip of fabric around his neck, using one hand and his teeth to tie it the end together to form a loop. When it was done, he carefully put his arm in the makeshift sling, keeping it tight to his chest. Perhaps not the best in a medical sense, but it had to do for now. It was better than leaving the limb swinging freely when he could not fully control its movements. "All set." The Sheikah nodded at Sigmund. "I'm ready when you are."
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The trip through the remainder of the fortress was uneventful. Too uneventful, Sigmund thought. Any second now, he expected to see the full force of the Pirates coming at them to overpower them. It was quite simply too silent, even as they reached the staircase to the captain's room and waited for Silas to make a sling for his arm. Sigmund walked over, tightening the knot Silas had made and giving the cloth an experimental tug. It didn't give, so he nodded in approval. "Alright... I would say stay behind me, but, well." He smiled wryly. "I'm in as bad a shape as you are. We'll have to take advantage of outnumbering her."

They walked up the stairs and Sigmund slammed the doors open, walking in more confidently than he felt. "Captain Aveil!" he called, "I'm here for the egg!" He saw her in the middle of the room, sitting on what looked like a throne, relaxed and looking in their direction with a decidedly unimpressed look on her face. "...and my halberd," he added as he saw the ornate, ceremonial weapon in the Gerudo's hands.

"Too bad," she said, "I like it and I'm keeping it." he stood up from her throne, brandishing the weapon at him. "On both counts."

"We'll see about that." Sigmund wasted no time casting Aqua Grenade in her direction, but she deflected the projectile and its detonation passed harmlessly. He wasn't worried about damaging the halberd since it was sturdy, but he needed that back, damn it- it was one of only two ties to his unknown past. To have it used against him was almost insulting and part of him felt as if he had failed in some sort of sacred duty. He couldn't place why that was, but he allowed that feeling to fill him with a righteous anger and launched himself forward, ready to clash blades with her.
  3. Squishy

Aveil was not the fortress' captain without reason. The position only went to the strongest, the most cunning and the most battle-hardened veteran of the Gerudo. She blocked Sigmund's charge with ease, pushing the Zora back with a mighty swipe of the halberd.

"I see you crawled your way back up, too." She said in a bored tone when she noticed Silas. "I have to say, I'm surprised you're still walking, after that beating I gave you." A devious grin crept onto her face. "Would you like another?"

Silas was about to respond, when Sigmund suddenly launched himself at Aveil again, catching her off guard and ramming her to the floor. It seemed the Zora really was hellbent on getting his halberd back. And speaking of weapons... Silas noted something gleaming on the throne. His knife! And not just that, but his crossbow as well, and what he guessed was the rest of Sigmund's equipment. And with Aveil distracted now...

The Sheikah took his chance, making a dash for the throne. Good, his weapons were still in useable condition. But he had no time to stash everything where it belonged, judging from the sounds of a struggle behind him. Silas tightly grabbed the knife, glad to have something familiar in his hand again.
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund found himself pushed back by Aveil's barrage of attacks, but he noticed two things. One, and this was a problem- the halberd was sturdier and heavier than the spear, and was starting to wear on the smaller weapon. It wouldn't last for much longer. But two, and this was in his favour, Aveil was clearly not used to the weapon's weight. If he could catch her off-guard, chances were he could get it back from her. That said, until Silas would catch up, catching her off-guard would not be easy.

Fortunately, the moment he thought that, his Sheikah companion launched himself back into the fray, prompting Aveil to turn around and deflect his attack with the halberd- but as she did so, Sigmund whacked her on both hands with the spear, sending the larger weapon flying, spinning away from her and clattering loudly on the ground a few feet away. Dropping the spear and pulling up his Electric Aura to make sure Aveil wouldn't dare come close enough to him to beat him to the weapon, he rushed over to it and grabbed it. Its weight was familiar in his hand and he whirled around to strike the Gerudo with it. He hadn't expected to hit her, and in fact she nimbly leapt back to dodge the weapon's blade.

"That's one," he said, smiling wryly. "Now I just need the egg..." his expression darkened. "And your head for attempted second-degree infanticide."

"Do your worst, boys," Aveil said, reaching behind her into her piles of treasure and producing a pair of twin blades from it. "It's much more fun when everyone knows what they're doing in a battle, isn't it?"

"Is all of this nothing else to you than a game!?" Sigmund cried it out in frustration as he closed in on the Pirate once more.
  5. Squishy

"A game? You really haven't been paying attention, have you?" Aveil chuckled, though there was something decidedly joyless about the sound. "This stopped being a game the moment you decided to strike my sisters down!"

With that, the Gerudo launched herself into a deadly assault, blades whirling. She danced across the room, lashing out with such speed that even Silas was having trouble keeping up. The fact he was near defenseless on one side made it only harder, as he had to turn his body to block any blows to his wounded side. Aveil had noticed, but with Sigmund on her other side she could not fully focus on just one opponent. If they could somehow use that to their advantage...

But how was he going to get that idea across to Sigmund, without Aveil immediately being aware of it? Had they been fighting a mindless monster, it would've been easy, it wouldn't have been capable of understanding them, only attacking on instinct. But Aveil could understand their speech, guess the meaning of gestures and adapt her strategy.

For now, Silas could only block her, trying to keep the Gerudo between him and Sigmund, until he could find an opening to strike.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    For all her cockiness and superiority complex, Aveil was serious... and there was no comparing her to the pirates who had come before her. Sigmund and Silas alternated attacking her from either side but to no avail- she was too fast, too calculated, even when they switched up their pattern to make it as unpredictable as they could. When Silas started turning, Aveil did the same, making sure to keep an eye on both men. Still, Sigmund realised, that could be good. She would need a split second to re-adjust her eyes after every swivel of her head. That split second... well, Sigmund was in no condition to capitulate on something that quick.

But maybe they could increase the time it took her to switch between the men. Then, she could possibly be distracted enough for them to take advantage of. As Silas kept shifting, Sigmund started doing the same in the opposite direction. Sure enough, there it was- Aveil had to partially turn her body as she swivelled her head around, and when she turned back to Silas, Sigmund took his opportunity. Quietly, so as not to alert her too early, he swung his halberd up and then down, using the momentum to give his swing strength.

He had not been fast enough. Or maybe she'd heard the blade cutting through the air, or seen him in her peripheral vision. Whichever it was, the consequences were the same- Aveil turned around, catching his halberd on her swords. Still, she realised too late why the Zora warrior was grinning.
  7. Squishy

Silas whirled around, copying the move he had seen Aveil use before. And lo and behold, as he spun around, the movement created a sort of shockwave around the end of his blade. The wave pushed the Gerudo further off-balance, allowing the Sheikah to grab hold of her. Aveil gasped as a burst of flames shot from Silas' hand, throwing her back and sending her sprawling on the floor.

She tried to scrabble back up, but Sigmund was next to her in a flash, knocking her weapons from her hands and pressing his blade to her throat. For once, there might have been a hint of panic in the pirate's eyes. But when Silas reached her, it was gone. She glared at him, fury burning behind her eyes.

"Give up, Aveil. It's over."

"Give up? Oh, my dear Sheikah, it's only over when I say it is..."

Too late did Silas notice the nut clenched between her fingers. The blinding flash from it, as Aveil threw it against the hard floor, however, was impossible to miss. Silas staggered backwards, blinking rapidly. Although he was far from unfamiliar with Deku Nuts and their... explosive properties, being caught off-guard by one still affected him.

In the meantime Aveil had managed to create distance between herself and the duo. She remained in a crouch on the floor, hand pressed against a large gash over her stomach. It must've come from Sigmund's spear when she rolled away in the confusion. "You think you can talk me out of this?" She smiled, reached for something in a pouch on her belt. Her long slender fingers produced a small bottle, containing a round object. The final egg! Aveil grinned, turning the bottle in her hand. "Think again! This is what you came for, isn't it? Yes, the egg... How awful would it be if I smashed it here on the floor...?"

She raised the hand holding the bottle.

"Better be careful now, boys."
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund's eyes narrowed. Damn. She'd had the egg on her all this time, and he swallowed away his discomfort at the realisation he or Silas could have killed it in a moment of unawareness. Now, it was her hostage... and the nagging realisation, or memory he supposed, crept up on Sigmund that he -hated- hostage situations. They could escalate so easily. Both sides were in a stalemate here- Sigmund and Silas were afraid to move, for fear that Aveil would smash the bottle and kill the egg, but if she did so, she would lose her advantage over the two, so the captain was none too eager to do so deep inside.

She kept that feeling well-hidden, though, as she smirked victoriously at the two. "That's right. Now, be good boys and put your weapons down." Sigmund kneeled, placing the halberd on the ground but not yet letting go of it. His mind raced. Zora eggs were incredibly fragile. It was unlikely that the impact from the glass shattering would kill it outright, but if it was cut by the shards... or infected by anything on the ground... so, he thought, if he could prevent it from touching the ground... But he would have to be fast. Faster than Aveil could react. Unless, of course, he could make use of his companion. "Alright. Now, I want you to come over here. Slowly. One by one. You first, fresh fish."

Sigmund took a few seconds to get up, pretending his side hindered him. In reality, he used the hand on the ground to make two hopefully understandable signs to Silas. First, a flat palm pressed downwards towards the ground -wait- and then, a grasping motion - catch. Hoping Silas would be able to infer the meaning, he slowly got up and walked over to Aveil.

He prayed his aura would buy him enough time and his fins would be quick enough.
  9. Squishy

Silas followed Sigmund's example and carefully put his knife down on the floor. He had seen hostage situations before, though usually the hostage was... a little more developed. Nonetheless, it was a delicate situation. Silas knew that Aveil, and not the eggs, was his priority, but Sigmund had been too great a help to him. And besides, to far they had been able to kill two birds with one stone. He hoped they would be able to keep that up.

The Sheikah did not miss his companion's signals. He assumed he somehow had to catch the egg, but after waiting on what? Did Sigmund have a trick up his sleeve?

"You there, cripple. Your turn."

Silas advanced slowly, keeping his eyes trained on Aveil. He was not going to betray themselves with a glance at his companion. The Gerudo laughed softly, the sound coming out wheezing and strained. It seemed neither side would be able to keep up this battle much longer.

If Sigmund was going to execute a plan, this was a good moment to start.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Three steps.

Two steps.

One step...

Now.

As Sigmund set down his flipper, he pulled up his aura. This startled Aveil, who had been tired from the battle and had not anticipated the Zora to have any fight left in him. The pirate took a step back, caught off-guard. As Sigmund had hoped, the hand in which she held her hostage jolted up, now within his reach. He laced his hands together, balling a large fist and hitting the pirate's arm from below. She yelled out in pain -she had definitely not anticipated this much strength from her adversary- and was momentarily off-balance. It was more than enough for Sigmund to work with.

He whirled round, hardening the fins on his forearms and digging one deep into the pirate's sternum. The force of the blow sent her reeling, and when the other fin detached from his arm to connect to hers, she let go of the bottle with the egg. The momentum sent it flying through the room, but Sigmund forced himself to not look at it and instead focus on Aveil. He took advantage of her shock to pounce on her, pushing her to the ground and crossing his fins on her throat.

"You have two options," he said. "Either you surrender and you let Silas here take you in for kidnapping, three counts of attempted infanticide, assault, theft, piracy, and resisting arrest, or I execute you for all these transgressions on the spot." His gaze steeled. "I'd be fine either way."
  11. Squishy

By sheer luck did Silas manage to catch the bottle. It was tricky with one hand, the smooth glass threathened to slip through his fingers, but he clamped his fingers down as hard as he could. With a relieved sigh, the Sheikah shifted the bottle into a more comfortable grasp. At least the egg was safe.

Now there was only Aveil to deal with.

"Sigmund. I'll deal with her." Silas let Sigmund take the egg from him, switching places with the Zora as the latter went off to find his halberd. Aveil did not attempt to move. A dark stain was spreading over her stomach, soaking through her clothes. Silas quietly knelt down next to her.

"You heard him. The choice is yours."

Aveil snorted, sharp eyes narrowing at the Sheikah.

"Hah, surrender. We both know I'd rather die."

Silas watched her intently, but the Gerudo's face remained blank. No defiant sneer or dangerous glint in her eyes left. He sighed, taking his knife in hand.

"So be it, then."

His arm moved with deadly precision. A swift end. There was no point in dragging it out any longer than necessary. With their commanders gone, the band of pirates would fall apart soon enough. Peace would return to this part of the coast, for now. Silas rose, joining Sigmund as he looked at the gathered eggs.

"I take it we're done here?"
    Cloud likes this.
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund took the bottle containing the egg from Silas, uncorking it and inspecting the egg inside. Relieved that it seemed alright, he added it to its siblings in his own solution. While Silas finished up with Aveil, the Zora gathered his halberd. "I believe so, yes," he replied to the Sheikah. "We could try to round up her subordinates to complete your work here, but considering the condition we're both in, I think that is best saved for another time." He doubted the other pirates would go down without a fight, especially if they learned what the two had done to their sister. He sighed. "Silas, do you know how to swim? ...and can you, with that arm? If so, I think we can escape quite easily."

He couldn't wait to get out of here, return the eggs to their mother and into the hands of someone who could care for them properly. He hoped they wouldn't suffer any detrimental birth defects or trauma from their stay in the pirates' fortress.

Regardless, though, Marci and Helena would not be happy that he had exerted himself without their explicit permission.

~*The End*~
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Cloud likes this.
  13. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I'm jealous of your ability to roleplay together like both of you have exemplified throughout this thread, and how you set up and play off of each other. Like honestly, this thread, if anything, just proves to me that you two really do deserve to be Veterans. Just... wow. This is really an A+ and like a tiny niggling part of me just wants to delete the entire thread and ban both of you for being such good roleplayers.

I just. Jealousy.

This passes, if that weren't obvious.
    Squishy likes this.