A Pirate's Prison For Me (BP & Squish) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Rewards:
    • Sigmund: Peril Beam, (Costs 15 rupees, remaining 25 go to Silas)
    • Silas: Spin Attack (Costs 70 rupees, 40 from the quest reward, 25 from Sigmund and 5 from his own wallet)
    ---

Somewhere along the Hyrulean coast, hidden in a secluded cove, is a fortress.

It is only accessible to those who know how to navigate the treacherous shallow water of the cove, riddled with sandbanks and sharp rocks jutting up like teeth.

Deep inside this fortress, manned by a vicious all-female pirate crew, is a dungeon.

It is dark in the dungeon. Very dark. The only sound is the steady drip drip drip of water somewhere in the distance. Of the rest of the fortress there is not a single whisper to be heard. Yet it is there all the same, floor upon floor upon floor of rickety walkways, carved out tunnels and spacious caverns. Red-garbed pirates wander the hallways and tunnels, always alert for intruders.

Yet none of them seem concerned with the dungeon, or what lies inside.

Somewhere in the darkness, a man stirs.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Or rather, a fishman does.

Fighting with an even deeper darkness, the Zora finally found himself a solid grasp on consciousness. However, he soon regretted it as pain swamped his limbs, torso, and head. Even his fish tail appendage and his fins seemed to tremble with pain. Groaning audibly, he forced himself to sit up and breathe deep. This was a vaguely familiar situation. However, at least this time his memory seemed to be largely intact. He remembered his name -Sigmund Caden- and he knew that he was a refugee in the town of Mido. He even knew why he was here.

On one of his swims -which had been growing longer and less painful recently-, he had run into a Zora woman in a state of hysteria. Seeing his build, she had latched onto him and begged him to help her- she had recently given birth to three eggs, but all of them had been taken away by Gerudo Pirates; a band of criminals patrolling a certain area of the seas. Amnesiac he might have been, but he knew how his race functioned on an instinctive level. Eggs needed a specific kind of environment and care, which he was certain the pirates would not provide them. Having confidence in his ability to swim in, snag the eggs away, and sneak back out, and spurred by a sense of kinship with the first Zora he'd seen that he could remember as well as overcome with rage at the heinous kidnapping, he had agreed and swam off towards the fortress.

And then... nothing. He must have run into a patrol and collapsed mid-fight. Not his most glorious moment... that he remembered, anyway. He looked around. Not that it helped... his surroundings were completely dark. He forced himself to get to his feet, ignoring the pain in his limbs. It didn't seem to come from his old injuries, thankfully. With luck, he was just stiff. Walking around would help.

He hadn't taken more than a few steps when his flipper brushed by something warm and solid, though.
  3. Squishy

Slowly, Silas came by. Although at first he was not entirely sure where he was. The last he remembered was that he had been fighting pirates, out on a mission to rid a particular fortress of them. They had been more alert than he expected them to be. One had raised the alarm after he failed to incapacitate her, others had arrived while they were fighting... But still...

How had they managed to capture him?

Silas rolled over, groaning at the sudden stab of pain in his arm. Ah yes, that was how. His wounded arm. He now recalled one of the pirates sneaking up behind him and striking him cruelly hard on his weak spot. Although it was now some time ago, the battering his arm had received in Impa still affected him. Somehow, the pirates must have found out during battle and used it to their advantage. While Silas had doubled over in pain, the pirates had floored and overwhelmed him. Darkness had come quickly after that.

The Sheikah softly cursed himself for showing his weakness so clearly. If only he had worked harder at hiding it...

He quieted suddenly. Something else was moving in the darkness. It came closer. Or more specifically, something brushed past his head.

Silas reacted instinctively, striking out with his unwounded arm and tightly grabbing onto the object. Or rather a leg, he noticed as his fingers clamped down. Were the pirates going to finish him off?

But wait, were those scales?

Where he expected skin or fabric, he felt something rough and cold. Something wet. Scales. Still, he had no idea if the owner of said scales was friend or foe. The Sheikah tightened his grip, ready to floor the other if it proved necessary.

"Who's there?!"
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund gasped when whatever he had touched grabbed hold of his ankle and ordered him to identify himself. Fortunately, it was a male voice; a clear sign that he was not in the presence of a Gerudo. And what was more, it sounded like the other person was in pain as well. Still, the grip on his ankle was firm rather than stunted, and Sigmund wasn't in the best of states himself. Jerking his flipper free would be quite a task, and one he was not eager to undertake if he didn't know where he would land if -when- he fell. It didn't take a genius to surmise that complying with the orders was in his best interest.

"Keep your voice down," he said, leading by example. "My name is Sigmund Caden and I'm here on racial business. I assure you that I seek no quarrel with you, unless you are in league with the pirates." He waited, letting the other man process the words. "If you're not, then I ask that you let go of my flipper. I am rather fond of my blood circulation."

Waiting another few seconds, he decided to return the question. "I must ask you the same question, good sir. Who are you?"
  5. Squishy

The weak laugh that followed the Zora's words sounded exhausted, perhaps even a twinge bitter.

"If I sided with them, I wouldn't be here, now would I?"

Silas let go and pushed himself to a sitting position. It was still too dark to see his companion properly, but judging by the scales he would guess him a Zora.

"Sorry mate, being knocked on the head has made me a bit cautious." Had it not been so dark the zora would have seen an apologetic smile on his face. "I'm Silas. Same as you, I was here on business. Until I got knocked out, that is." A hint of shame crept into his voice on the last part. "Anyway... You said you were on racial business? What could a Zora possibly want to do with pirates? Have they really gone out that far?"

The Sheikah became quiet, lost in thought. If the pirates had really gotten that far, the problem might be a lot bigger than expected... Pirates in a single fortress were one thing, pirates all over the sea were another.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Don't let it worry you," Sigmund said as the man apologised for his suspicion, "That's a perfectly natural response." When Silas proceeded to ask about his business with the pirates, he hesitated, but finally answered. "Well... aside from our natural distaste for pirates, which I'm sure I don't need to explain to you," it went without saying that the generally just and righteous Zora race was not fond of their home waters being defiled by criminals, "This particular bunch stole something precious and extremely fragile from a fellow Zora. I must get them back and return them to her, and quick, before it's too late for them."

He held out his hands, feeling for the nearest wall and trying to find the door of their cell. "And that means I have absolutely no time to waste. I must get out of here and to the upper floors!" Time and consciousness had reduced his pain to a dull ache, which he had grown accustomed to and wouldn't hinder him much. He didn't want to rely on this person's help -not only would it be a nuisance to his fellow prisoner, but it would also hurt his pride- but to his distress, when he found the door it would not budge. Which was normal -wouldn't be much of a prison if it did- but incredibly frustrating. He resisted the urge to bang on the bars, afraid to draw attention to them.

"Do you have any ideas on how we can escape from here?" He asked, his voice hushed.
  7. Squishy

"Seem like our goals align, then." Silas said.

As he got to his feet, he felt a throbbing pain in his head. Silas sighed. Now he not only had to deal with a bad arm but also a pounding headache. All the more reason never to get knocked out again.

"Well, my first plan would be to find the door." Using Sigmund's voice to locate his companion, the Sheikah stumbled over to the door, hands sliding over rough wood until his fingers touched something metal. Right, that was at least the keyhole. "...I can probably pick this lock and get us out, but it's going to be hard without any light." He muttered, sliding two needles into his hand.

"Do you have any way of creating light, perhaps?"
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Technically, yes," Sigmund muttered, more to himself than to Silas, "But the aura only lasts for a few seconds and the light may be too bright to see by in that short a time." He turned around, his eyes slowly growing accustomed to the darkness. "Unless..." Seeing a lump of cloth in a corner, he walked over. He assumed all of his possessions had been confiscated when he had passed out. Certainly, leaving him in possession of his halberd would be stupidity beyond even a Moblin's. But with luck, his bottles had been left with him...

He rummaged around the lump, his suspicions confirmed when he felt hard glass against his fingers. Ignoring the dim blue glow that emanated from the pile as he uncovered the bottles, he first inspected the one containing a thick, green liquid, relieved that his emergency stash was intact and in his possession. "Found it," he then said to his companion, taking the other bottle to hand and holding it up when he reached the door. A small, blue flame seemed to hover in the middle of the bottle, touching none of the glass and happily dancing back and forth, untouched by the roughness with which its owner had been handled. "Blue Fire," he explained. "We use it to light our way in the darker depths of the ocean. It helped me see where I was swimming when I broke in."
  9. Squishy

"They left us our stuff?" Silas asked incredulously, "That's..." He shook his head, focusing on the door instead. Any more mistakes on the pirates' side and he was going to feel really pathetic about getting captured.

The lock on the door was old and heavy, but now the Sheikah could actually see what he was doing, it wasn't that hard to open. With a satisfying click, he felt it unlock, bringing a small smile to the man's face. Silas pushed the door open, holding his breath when the old wood creaked. But there was no response from room behind it. In fact, the other room was just as dark and quiet as their cell had been. The ghostly blue glow revealed more heavy wooden doors, which probably led to more cells. But as far as the Sheikah could hear, they were the only ones here. Quietly, he slipped into the room, looking for any signs of guards.

He waved Sigmund over, waiting for the Zora to join him.

"There's no one here. Yet." Silas whispered. "I'm guessing they're keeping our weapons somewhere else. Doesn't mean I'm defenseless," He flashed the needles in his hand. "But they're not going to be effective against an entire crew."
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "I'm not helpless myself," Sigmund said, flexing the fingers of his free hand. He couldn't demonstrate now for fear of being detected, so Silas would have to take his word for it. He moved through the room silently, although he quickly learned that stealthily sneaking through a fortress was not so much his forte as it was the other's. "Before we start looking for a way out," he whispered, "I would like to ask you something. Could you keep an eye out for anything that can be used to store small, soft items in a liquid? I can't precisely put them in with my Blue Fire, and they won't fit with my Green potion."

Having made his request, he concentrated on the door in front of him. He pressed his ear to the wood, hoping to hear if there were any guards on the other side. If there were, they were very quiet. Unsure of what to do, he tentatively tried the doorknob and hesitantly turned it. It clicked, far more loudly than Sigmund was comfortable with, and he stopped on the spot, looking at the other to see his reaction to the sound and if he had any ideas.
  11. Squishy

Silas nodded at the Zora's request. He couldn't say it did not intrigue him, but now was perhaps not the time to start interrogating the other man. He would probably find out soon anyway, if they stuck together. But first they had to find their weapons, and a way out of the dungeons.

In this silence, and their attempts to remain undiscovered, any sound was loud as a cannon to Silas. But when there was no response after a few seconds, he urged Sigmund to open the door further. It opened to a hallway, sporadically lit with torches. The water dripping down the walls indicated they were below, or at least very near the water. And thus very far from any way out of the fortress.

"Well... No pirates yet, that's a plus." Silas muttered, standing up from his crouch and stretching his limbs. Fortunately, they all seemed to be in relatively good order. Sore, from the beating he had taken, but no broken bones. His arm still ached painfully, and he found he could not fully clench or stretch his fingers, however.

"Come on, the sooner we find our weapons, the better. I don't want to risk having to face off against a pirate crew with just a needle."
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "...I'm afraid you may have to." Sigmund dove behind a crate, having seen a blur of red starting to come around the corner. The Gerudo didn't come towards them, so they had not yet alerted her to their presence. She was just patrolling, bored. This was probably the most boring shift in the entire fortress. She seemed to be alone, thankfully, but Sigmund knew better than to assume she couldn't call for backup. That was how he had gotten in over his head last time.

They only had two options available to them: either they knocked her out before she knew what was happening to her, or they sneaked past her. The second option had Sigmund's preference as he didn't know how good their odds of knocking her out were, but at the same time, he would have to be quick and silent about it and he wasn't sure how well he could do that. He had clearly not been trained in stealth. He turned to Silas. Of course, he'd also have to communicate any plans to the white-haired man without speaking- their voices would give them away in an instant. If only he could remember the signs he must have used with his own men!

Whatever they did, they would have to be fast about it. The route of her patrol had the Gerudo turn into their hallway, slowly but steadily approaching them.
  13. Squishy

Silas tensed when he saw the pirate round the corner. He weighed his options. Though she was bored, and less alert than she should be, she was probably in better shape than he was, or his companion. And, more importantly, there was no telling if there would be more guards close by. It was unlikely, but Silas did not want to test his luck. Instead, the Sheikah glanced at Sigmund, pressing a finger to his lips. Then, he waited.

The pirate came closer, still oblivious that the two prisoners had escaped and were, quite literally, right under her nose. Silas watched her through a gap between the crates. Suddenly, she stopped. For a second, Silas feared they had been discovered somehow. But it was no such thing. The Gerudo scuffed her foot along the floor, apparently displeased with the fit of her shoe. She grumbled, shaking her foot.

As she bent over to fix her shoe, Silas dared to slip a needle into his hand and throw it far behind her, the sound echoing through the hallway. The Gerudo looked up. Slightly alarmed, she called out, a soft 'hello?'. When no answer came, she walked back, tightly clutching her spear.
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund stuck up his thumb towards Silas -that was a universal sign meaning 'good job' even outside of military matters- and when the Gerudo woman turned around to walk in the direction Silas had thrown his needle, he got up from his crouching position. They were at a T-crossing in the hallways, and would need time to ascertain their direction. Time they might not have if the woman was conscious. So, she had to be unconscious... Sigmund took a deep, silent breath, getting up and holding out one arm. The cartilage that made up the fin on his arm hardened, and he took a moment to aim- finally swinging his arm down and launching his fin, which went flying through the narrow hallway towards the back of the Gerudo's head.

The sound it made as it cut the air caught her attention and she started to turn, "What in-" but before she could fully realise what was going on, the cartilage struck her in the temple. She fell to the ground, dropping her spear, but Sigmund was with her quickly enough to catch both woman and spear before their falls would make noise to attract other guards. "Help me with this," he said. "We need to hide her before her friends get suspicious."

They hid her unconscious, but otherwise unharmed body (Sigmund had checked; he was not a monster) behind the crates they had just used as their own cover, and Sigmund took her weapon with him. "Thinner and lighter than I'm used to," he quickly whispered to Silas, "But it'll do until I have my own back. Come on, let's go... and let's be careful about it."
  15. Squishy

They moved on, halting at the crossing. On the left, the corridor ended in an opening with a set of rickety wooden stairs. On the right, it ended in a closed door. Silas looked from one end to the other. While he did not know what would be behind the door, he did know that in order to escape they had to get to a higher level of the fortress. Somewhere where the water did not drip down the walls.

"Up we go, I guess?" He turned to Sigmund, then turned left.

The first steps creaked loudly when the Sheikah put his foot down, and he halted. But there was no response from above. Mindful of the steps, Silas moved slower and quieter, putting his weight where the wood felt most solid. Damp and rot had eaten away at it, some steps being held together only by a few splinters.

The further they went up the stairs, the more the air started to change. It became less cold, less damp. And there was an odd scent to it- like something cooking? Silas sniffed. The stairs ended at a door, left ajar. The Sheikah crept closer, peering through the slit. It showed a large, spacious kitchen. An empty kitchen, no less, the only sound coming from it the gentle crackling of fire and something boiling in a pan.

Certain there were no pirates around, Silas pushed the door open further, and entered the room.

There were several large pans simmering and bubbling on a stove, filling the kitchen with the smells of various meats and spices. A large wooden table was set in the middle of the space, more pans piled up on it, along with stacks of bowls and plates. Along the walls were various racks with bottles, some filled with liquids, others with ground herbs and spices.
  16. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    A kitchen! Sigmund almost ran inside, only holding himself back by reminding himself where they were, and started looking around. Bottles, bottles... They were of various shapes and sizes, and the Zora quickly started shifting through the racks to look for something suitable. None of them were empty, why were none of them empty? He finally settled on a cylindrical bottle with a cone-shaped bottom, which would be safer in water. To his relief, the only thing in it WAS clean water, a good base to start from. "Keep an eye on the exits," he told Silas, "I need some time to get this right." With that, he turned to the ingredients at his disposal.

Some of the herbs he recognised from Helena and Marci's house, either because she used them in the kitchen or because they were part of herbal cures. Others, he thought matched the description he had gotten from the woman when he had asked her how he could safely transport the eggs. He was not a medic, nor a nurse, so he had had to cram her instructions into his head and now muttered them out loud, like a mantra, as he started tearing jars and bottles from the racks. He mixed liquids and herbs so quickly it seemed almost at random, shaking the bottle every time he added something new, until he ended up with an almost fluorescent blue liquid.

"It's not what they need but it'll be an acceptable substitute," he said as he attached the bottle to his belt. "But it won't stay good for very long. Sir Silas, we must hurry. With luck, we'll find them in tanks... I should hope the Gerudo are at least that knowledgeable..."
  17. Squishy

Sigmund was being... terribly confusing. Silas watching him bustle around the kitchen while he watched and listened for any signs of pirates, munching on a biscuit he had snatched from a plate. It wouldn't do to be found out because of a rumbling stomach. He pondered on what the Zora was making. His first guess was soup, but as far as the Sheikah was aware, soup was not meant to be bright blue. A special Zora recipe, perhaps?

He was about to ask when dinner would be served when Sigmund spoke up.

"I hope so too. But I really wonder; find what? And what's that... stuff?"

They moved towards the other end of the kitchen, to another door. When they passed the table, Silas took a large knife. Not as good as his own, but any weapon was better than none. And with whatever Sigmund was up to sounding so urgent... Stealth might not be their quickest option to make their way out.
  18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Oh!" Sigmund realised that he'd never explicitly told Silas what it was he was looking for. "Well, as you might know, my people are not born live, like yours. We are hatched from fragile and sensitive eggs. That's what the pirates took from my kinswoman- triplets, three eggs in all, and they're here somewhere." He leapt over the table, impressed with himself for being able to do so without cringing, and joined the Hylian. "They need particular types of nutrition and protection from their environments and can't be kept out of the water for long, so a good number of us either use special liquids or intensive, round-the-clock attendance to raise them into hatching."

He grabbed the stolen weapon, resting it against his shoulder. "The concoction I made is approximately beneficial for them to reside in until we can get them back to their mother, but we have to be fast about it. Serpent knows how long they've been here..." They might already be- no, he couldn't think that. He was here with a mission, and he would see it through. "If the Gerudo aren't completely stupid or cruel, they will be keeping them in tanks, near windows for moderate temperatures and sunlight." He beat Silas to it, opening the door outside and quickly, but silently making his way through the hallway, sticking close to the wall.

"We have to find them as soon as possible... I would rather not have to kill each of these Gerudo for infanticide."
  19. Squishy

Baby Zoras, then? Silas had to admit that he was surprised. Why would Gerudo steal Zora eggs? As far as he was aware they were neither edible nor did they have a great monetary value- not many were mad or cruel enough to buy an infant. Perhaps Sigmund knew more of it. Silas could ask the man later, when silence was not of importance.

When they left the kitchen, they fell quiet once more, moving silent as a pair of ghosts. This hallway was better lit, sunlight filtering through small barred windows, and even adorned with various bits and bobs; fishnets draped from the ceiling and walls, a faded and dingy carpet on the floor. But these were also signs this hallway was used more than the ones they had been through so far. Silas moved cautiously, alert to any sign of the pirates. But to his surprise, the hallway was deserted, just like the kitchen had been. His suspicion grew. Surely the Gerudo must've noticed by now that their prisoners had escaped? Were they going to walk straight into a trap?

But they encountered no one else.

Silas remained tense, looking completely at odds with the calm atmosphere of the next room. It was empty too, a mundane square space with rock walls and floors.

Perfectly mundane, save for what stood in the center. The water sparkled in the sunlight, the object held within the tank peacefully bobbed up and down.

The first egg.
  20. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    There was no mistaking it! In the middle of the tank of water, there was a small spherical object, little blue spots littered over its surface. "That's it!" he cried, "That's one of them!" Why was there only one, though? ...it didn't matter. They would simply have to search for the other two. He hurried over to the tank, pulling himself up to the high edge of the glass and reaching in. The egg didn't resist to being lifted out of the water, but it was slippery- and along with the film on his skin becoming slick with water the moment he touched it, he had to be quick, lest his fumbling drop the egg on the floor. It went into the bottle without much resistance, and he leapt down.

"That was the first," he said, "But there should be two more. I can't fathom why they're keeping them in separate tanks, but--"

"That's as far as you go, boys." He spun around, watching as a red-haired woman barred the door on the other side of the room, her stance wide and her arms crossed. "You're the ones we put away earlier, aren't you? You should have stayed put. It would have saved you a lot of headache."

"Leave us," Sigmund said, his voice as commanding as he could make it. "Or we will have no choice but to-"

"Pass out again?" The woman grinned, producing two swords. "My poor, dear Zora... when it comes to naval and underwater warfare, we Gerudo are no match for your kind. But on land, we outfight you!"