A Pirate's Prison For Me (BP & Squish) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"And as for you, Sheikah." The woman sneered as she looked at Silas. "Or should I say, cripple? Whoever send you must be desperate..." She took on a fighting stance, one blade held high, the other low. "Desperate to get rid of you!"

The pirate left the duo no time to respond, leaping straight for them in a whirl of blades. Silas jumped to the side, tightly clutching his knife. It was virtually useless against the two scimitars the woman brandished. Unless there was a way he could get close. He dodged another strike, turning so the pirate was between him and Sigmund now.

His eyes shot to the Zora and back. Sigmund had a bigger range with his spear. The both of them might not have been in peak condition, but together they should be able to at least put up a fight against one pirate, right? Silas did not want to go back to the cell. Although it was just as likely the Gerudo wouldn't even try to capture them anymore, and just try to kill them outright.

Silas flipped the knife around in his hand, not responding to the pirate's taunts.
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sheikah? Sigmund raised an eyebrow at the term. He knew what the Sheikah were, his common knowledge hadn't vanished from his mind along with his personal memories. But that they still existed, and that Silas was one, no less? Must have been very important business he had been on, then. It didn't matter right now, anyway- the Pirate was much more pressing, and once she was out of their way they still had two more eggs to save and to get out of here. He could always ask then, assuming his mission was not classified or need-to-know.

Using the butt of the lance as leverage, he pushed himself out of the Gerudo's way. Her swords had less range than his spear, and he was used to polearms in his hands. It felt familiar, the rush of a duel. He must have done this in the past. Flexing his forearms, he hardened his fins, both to serve as auxiliary weapons and makeshift shields. It was an almost instinctive motion, and the Gerudo nodded in recognition. "Good," she said, "I like fighting actual warriors." With that, she leapt up, charging towards him. Sigmund caught the first blow on his fins, jabbing at her with the spear to gauge her reaction speed and the depth she could step with one leg.

As expected, she made a backflip with the greatest of ease, getting out of his range. Her eyes flitted back and forth between Zora and Hyli- Sheikah. Now assured that his body wouldn't forbid him from fighting period, Sigmund didn't give her time to decide who to attack, instead closing in on her to open his own attack.
  3. Squishy

As expected, the Gerudo was agile. She leapt, no- danced around the room, spinning between Silas and Sigmund. She blocked the spear with ease, gracefully stepping back. Her blows were hard, her movements quick but steady. Had the pirate not been trying to kill them, her confidence would have been a marvellous sight. Now, it only posed a danger to the duo. Or perhaps to herself, too.

Fighting against two weaker opponents had made the Gerudo cocky. Her moves were aggressive but flashy, more intent on toying with her prey than ending them as fast as possible. And if there was anything Silas had been taught in his training it was to take advantage of any possible weakness an opponent had. And boy, was overconfidence a weakness.

He changed his posture, slumping his shoulders and hunching over ever so slightly. His arm ached from the sudden movements he had put it through. At least he didn't have to fake that. Silas moved back, making sure to make it look like he was almost stumbling. The weaker the Gerudo thought he was, the better.

It didn't take long for her to take the bait. As soon as she noticed Silas stumbing, a sly and wicked grin spread over her face. She fully turned to the Sheikah now, presuming him to be the easiest opponent. With a savage war-cry, the Gerudo went in for the kill, leaving her back open for Sigmund to attack.
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund didn't wait. He immediately leapt on the Gerudo's unprotected back, jamming the stolen spear between her shoulderblades. She screamed in pain and surprise, but Sigmund wasn't about to let her get away- if one thing had become clear, it was that these pirates would not hesitate to kill them if they became a problem. He had to adopt the same mindset, he told himself as he twisted the spear. She fell to her knees, and Sigmund quickly ripped the spear out of her flesh and landed his fist on the back of her head. Now, she crumpled to the floor and stopped moving.

Sigmund didn't bother to check if she was alive after that, instead turning to Silas. "Good work," he said, nodding before turning back to the bottle on his belt, inspecting it for damage and seeing to his relief that the thick glass had made it through the battle unscathed. "So... Sheikah, huh? What brings one of the fabled shadow agents of the Hylian King to this low-life camp?" He smiled. "If it's classified I understand, of course, but I did sort of tell you my mission, so it would be only fair..."
  5. Squishy

"Normally, I'd have to kill you for asking." Silas said with a straight face, flipping the knife in his hand. But a smile quickly broke through. "Just kidding. I guess there's not really a point in denying it, I mean, with the white hair and red eyes and all... And her just yelling it out for all to hear." The Sheikah shrugged. "Most of my missions aren't exactly classified, no one just ever bothers to ask. It does help to keep up the air of mystery." He grinned, then proceeded to bolt the door through which they had come. Silas did not want to wait and see if their battle had attracted any attention. "Stopping these ladies. At all costs. That's the mission. I wanted to achieve it by taking out their leader, but, well..." He trailed off, Sigmund could probably figure that was the point at which he had gotten captured.

"Anyway, let's get going. Their leader is still on my list." Silas moved to the next door, a much sturdier, metal one. The smell of the open sea wafted through a tiny grate at the top. "They're likely on to us by now."

With that, he opened the door, revealing a huge courtyard. They were standing at one end of a rope bridge spanning across. One of many, the Sheikah noted as looked around. Currently, no one was on the upper bridges, but there were multiple pirates patrolling on the floor of the courtyard, some standing guard and other just milling about.

Silas was about to suggest caution and they might think their strategy over, when someone started pounding on the bolted door, a panicked female voice ringing out, no doubt calling for the fallen Gerudo.

"Oh boy. Looks like we don't have time to sit and think."
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "It appears our missions overlap then, at least for now," Sigmund said. Under normal circumstances, he too would have headed for the pirate captain's quarters to give her a piece of his mind -who did she think she was, kidnapping and potentially killing three unborn Zora?- but, well... his old injuries might not have acted up just yet, but he had not forgotten the battle that had gotten him captured. They would act up again. It was just a question of when. "I must thank you for your help in retrieving the eggs, and I might as well do it by helping you with your own objective." Alone, they were likely no match for the woman, but together... who knew?

Clutching the spear with one hand, he followed behind Silas, turning around and grimacing when people started banging on the door. "No time indeed," he said. "Cross the bridge. I'll hold them off." Contrary to his word, though, he followed the Sheikah down the rope bridge and only turned around when they reached the guard tower it was connected to. Sigmund put down the spear, hardening his fins once more. "I hope you're sure about not needing to go back there," he said, quickly bringing down the fin to slash through the ropes on the left... and then on the right... and severing the bridge from the tower.

Unsurprisingly, the clatter caught the attention of the woman patrolling below the tower, and she started idly climbing the ladder. Sigmund pointed Silas to the other side of the tower. "Choke her out when she comes up," he said, "I think you better know how to do that than I do." Giving orders felt natural to him. It didn't occur to him even once that Silas probably outranked him on land.
  7. Squishy

"On it."

Quietly, the Sheikah crept to the edge, perching at the top of the ladder. As soon as she was within reach, Silas grabbed her by the arm, clamping his other hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming out. The Gerudo struggled in his grasp, sending stabs of pain up his arm, but Silas gritted his teeth and wrapped an arm around her throat until she went slack. The pirate was still breathing, but when she came to, she'd have trouble speaking for a while. That would keep the others of their trail for a while.

Or so he thought.

Although Silas had been swift and silent, the other pirates had noticed their comrade going up and not returning. It took only a moment for some of them to look up and notice the intruders in the towers.

"Quick, quick! Run!"

Silas shooed Sigmund over the next bridge, running after him, knife in hand to cut the bridge as soon as they were across it. If they were lucky, they might be able to lose the pirates, at least temporarily, in the maze of hallways inside.
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund hurried out front of Silas, gathering his strength to kick the door open. It was a fool's action; as his flipper connected, the door did fly open, revealing a well-lit hallway, but at the same time a sting of pain lanced from his flipper through his entire right side as he strained himself. He winced, though not crying out, and ran inside before the Gerudo could see his pain.

Once inside, however, he leaned against the wall, putting his hand to his abdomen and breathing hard. This was what Helena and Marci had constantly warned him about- this was why they didn't want him doing anything 'stupid.' He knew he should have gotten help for the poor Zora woman instead of volunteering, but heavens only knew what would have happened to the eggs then or how long it would have taken him to find anyone who could and would help. No, he told himself as he grit his teeth, he had to tough this out for those kids. "I'll be alright," he said to Silas, "Let's hurry."
  9. Squishy

Silas rushed in after Sigmund, slamming the door close and barring it with a huge latch. They found themselves in yet another maze of stairs, rooms and hallways. But this time, they were being hunted. One of the pirates had rung a bell outside, the sound echoing around the courtyard, alerting all of the fortress' inhabitants to the escaped prisoners.

"So much for stealth, huh?" As Silas turned around, he paused. Sigmund was not looking well. "Are you alright?" The Zora assured him he was, but everything else about him said the opposite. Still, even if the man was hurt, they had no time to pause and treat him. Silas lightly touched Sigmund on the shoulder. "Only two more to go, hang in there."

They moved on, tensing up as footsteps thundered overhead, the thin wooden planks of the ceiling creaking and groaning. Seemed going up was out of the question for now. Which made picking a direction easy, as the only other way was straight on. The hallway went on for a while, eventually widening at another door. Silas quietly crept closer, peeking through the tiny barred window. Almost immediately, he shot back down, gesturing for Sigmund to do the same. He waved the Zora closer, where they could hide behind the door if it was opened.

"Pirates inside. Let's wait until they leave."
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "I'm down with that," Sigmund said, pressing himself to the wall on one side of the door. The pain in his side had not stopped or gotten better, so he winced with almost every movement he made and had almost dropped the spear he was holding twice. Normally, this would be the point at which he went to bed to sleep it off, but that was obviously the last thing he could do now. Instead, he reached for the small vial at his waist. "Just give me a moment... I have my emergency stash here." He popped the vial open, downing the green liquid in one go and waiting for it to kick in.

By the time he felt his fatigue leaving him, counteracting the pain from his old wounds, the female voices from inside had stopped, as well. A quick peek through the barred window confirmed that the pirates had left. "Right," he said, able to think clearly once more. "Let's go in..." He pushed the door open, cautiously, and entered the room. It was devoid of people, and appeared to be some sort of cafetaria, judging from the large tables with many chairs around them. On one of the tables stood a small tank, in which an egg floated peacefully. Sigmund hurried over to it, fishing it out of the tank and adding it to its sibling in his concoction.

"That's two," he said, crouching so one of the tables would hide him from view in case any pirates came back. "Now... if I were a nefarious pirate, where would I keep the last egg..."
  11. Squishy

"If they know we're coming for them, somewhere hard to reach, probably." Silas whispered. He knelt down next to Sigmund, almost having to fold himself in half to hide behind the table. "I'd think they might move them around, if they've figured out we're after them." The Sheikah shifted into a more comfortable position, one from which he could move easier. "So, I'm guessing they're keeping it somewhere that's hard for us to reach. Somewhere more populated?"

Too late, Silas realised one of the pirates had walked back into the cafetaria. She froze as she saw the Sheikah's head sticking out from behind the table. Silas blinked, caught like a deer in the headlights. Then suddenly, the pirate turned around, screaming. "They're here! They're here! The prisoners!" Her hand shot out to a scimitar at her hip, the weapon gleaming in the light of torches on the wall.

The door behind the Gerudo flew open, her comrades quickly filing into the room.
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Shit.

Sigmund stayed in his cover, raising one hand and gathering magic power in it. He'd just consumed his Green Potion so really, there was no harm in using his parlour tricks now... and when better to use it than when large groups of enemies were tightly packed together in, say, a doorway? "Ladies!" he cried out as he stood up from behind the table, making a throwing motion with his hand. From it, a ball of water detached, soaring towards the pirates much more quickly than a spherical mass of liquid should.

As it impacted one roughly in the middle, it exploded, sending pressurised, large drops of water flying in all directions and scattering the pirates. Sigmund used this opportunity to leap over the table he had been using as cover and launch his fins into the fray, knocking out a few even as he skidded towards them on the tiled floor, unleashing his Electric Aura as he got within range to get a few more. He shoved a few of the others through the door, to outside, and then shut it, locked it with the latch, and barred it with a few tables.

By the time he was done with that, the Green Potion had worn off and two Gerudo Pirates remained standing in any condition to fight. So he took the spear in one hand, twirled it around, and pointed it at one of them by means of challenge. "En garde then, milady."
  13. Squishy

Sigmund was quick in scattering the group and weeding out the rest, until they were left facing two opponents. And from the looks of it, these had been the toughest of the group. One was, simply, huge. Built like a bear, all rippling muscle, and of such stature she could see eye-to-eye with the Sheikah. The other was much smaller, of a more wiry build, but the many scars scattered over her arms and shoulders told her a veteran.

The tall one did not waste time in lunging at Silas, gauntleted hand smashing clear through a table when the Sheikah rolled out of the way. Almost immediately she stood up again, undeterred by her missed blow, striking out with the other hand. Silas only barely managed to pull up a barrier to stop her. With the Gerudo unleashing a barrage of punches on him, he did not have much of an opporturnity to retalitate. The pirate pressed on, working the Sheikah into a corner. Then, Silas knew this was his chance. As his back his the wall, he summoned another barrier, his other hand dropping to his side and he drew a line in the air.

Almost immediately, a wall of vicious electricity shot up. The Gerudo cried out, arms twitching from the voltage running through them. Silas used the pause in her barrage of blows to duck out of the way, summoning a handful of needles to throw at the Gerudo's back while she was distracted. Eventually, the wall ceased to be, dropping the pirate to her knees. But she refused to give up. She got to her feet again, flexing her fingers in her gauntlets.

The Gerudo was breathing heavily, furious golden eyes staring Silas down.
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund's opponent appeared hesitant to attack him blindly. She was clearly more level-headed than her enormous sister-in-arms; looking him up and down and trying to gauge the extent of his abilities. Sigmund was doing the same with her, as if on instinct, the two warriors circling each other in silence. She was clearly a combat veteran, but on the other hand, between muscle memory and the number of scars he bore, chances were that he was too. Remembering everything he had learnt consciously was a formality and not necessary to fight... was it?

Realising that the Zora wasn't going to press the attack, the Gerudo clucked her tongue and decided that if he didn't do it, she would. Her twin swords clanged loudly against Sigmund's hardened forefins, and he spun around to get some momentum going with the spear; for a little while, the three weapons clashed repeatedly and quickly. It was a miracle he succeeded in keeping up with her. Finally, he slipped, and he thought he saw a victorious little smile on the woman's face as she leaned in to take advantage of the new opening. It was the first trace of emotion he had seen since he had started fighting her.

Her sword had almost connected with his skin when suddenly a powerful electric current surged into being between them, pushing her back and forcing her to take a few seconds to recover from the literal and figurative shock. He didn't give her those seconds, however, closing the distance between them and this time, he was the one on the offensive. Unfortunately, the Gerudo was no amateur with her twin swords, almost effortlessly blocking every attack he made with the spear. But that said...

She cried out, more in surprise than in pain, and doubled over when he suddenly brought his knee up and slammed his upper leg into her abdominal region, her swords occupied higher up. As she doubled over, Sigmund Lashed out with a sharp forefin, getting her shoulder. Before he could dig deeper, however, she recovered, whirling around and dislodging his fin from her flesh. "Not bad," she said, her smile widening. "I've been dying to fight a worthy opponent. What is your name, Zora warrior?"

"...Sigmund. Sigmund Caden."

She stood straight, saluting him with both swords. "Regilia. May the best fighter win." With that, she lunged towards him again, determined to continue their battle.
  15. Squishy

But Silas' opponent was not so talkative. She only grunted, recovered from the blow that had been the Sheikah's Wall of Hazards. But it did serve to make the pirate wary of her opponent. Instead of unleashing another barrage of blows, the Gerudo circled Silas cautiously, feinting, testing his movements, trying to find an opporturnity to strike.

But the Sheikah was just as cautious. He jumped out of the way when his opponent moved, dodging her testing strikes and countering with attacks of his own. A kitchen knife against two armoured gauntlets may have been unfair, but what Silas lacked in equipment he made up for with determination. He quickened his pace, the Gerudo following him. He struck out, trying to lure her into blocking low, following up with a blow to the needles stuck in her back. It was low, but his other encounters here had taught Silas that honour did not matter much. Survival was much more important. The Gerudo gritted her teeth, biting her tongue to avoid crying out.

Silas pulled his arm back, knife dropping from his fingers when the muscles in his arm suddenly spasmed, pain shooting up the limb. He gasped, snatching the weapon back off the ground, but too slow to dodge the Gerudo's blow to his face, he gauntlet grazing past his cheek. It stung, but Silas managed to kick her back. Or perhaps she allowed him to.

As the pirate jumped back, something glittered in her eyes. She grinned. She had found out what the Sheikah's weak point was.
  16. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund held his defensive stance, waiting for Regilia to come within range of him. When she did so, he cast another Aqua Grenade at her, water soaring through what little distance there was between them. However, unlike her sisters, she was focused on him, saw it coming, and dodged out of its way, even rolling forward to avoid the liquid shrapnel that followed its detonation. As she got up in front of Sigmund, she brought up both swords, hoping to take off one or both of his arms in one stroke. Knowing he wasn't fast enough to block, Sigmund saw no other option than to jump back, creating distance between them.

He winced as he landed, his side not yet fully recovered from its painful stings before. Regilia would have had to be blind in order to not see it, and she grinned as she came closer, bringing her swords down towards him. Desperate to distract her, Sigmund attempted to talk to her: "I don't understand, Dame Regilia. What do Pirates want with unborn Zoras? I know you're not holding them for ransom. Why did you kidnap them?"

Regilia only grinned. "Who knows? Maybe if you can defeat me, I'll tell you." With that, she swung out, landing her sword in Sigmund's bad side. The Zora cried out in pain, retaliating with a sweeping blow to her temple. His despair gave him a strength she hadn't expected and she was caught off-guard, landing on one knee and clutching the side of her head, which was bleeding. "You damnable-"
  17. Squishy

Now the Gerudo knew where to strike, she wasted no time in doing so.

Silas cried out as the hit connected with his arm, pain flaring through him, blinding him. He stumbled as he grabbed his arm, tears stinging in his eyes. No, not now, not now! He had to push himself, ignore the pain for now. The Gerudo could not win this, Silas would not fail his mission. Fighting back with blurred vision and while doubled over in pain was hard. But not impossible.

The Gerudo had thought her opponent down, and rushed in for the final blow. But in her eagerness, she left her defenses wide open, not expecting the Sheikah to strike back. Almost on instinct, Silas threw up his arm, fingers digging into the Gerudo's throat. She shrieked as flames suddenly exploded from the Sheikah's hand, and launched backwards by the force of the explosion. She hit the floor hard, head slamming against the stone floor. She did not get back up.

Silas was still on his knees, mind trying to process the fight was over. But all that he could think of was the utter agony he felt in his arm.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund took advantage of Regilia's momentary moment of weakness to press the attack, placing another sweeping attack with his spear, this time directed at her feet. She fell over, landing hard on her back, and Sigmund used his weight to his advantage, dropping himself and landing his shins on her chest, knocking the wind out of her and hovering the tip of the spear at her neck. "Answer me," he said. "What do you want with unborn Zoras?"

"Hatch them," Regilia wheezed, "And bring them up as our own..." She struggled for air, with the Zora on her chest. "We Gerudo are... fine warriors on land... but the Zora... outfight us at sea... Captain Aveil..." she coughed, and Sigmund supported himself on her shoulder with one hand to raise his legs just a little bit higher so she could breathe. "The captain wanted to add Zoras to our number... but they wouldn't join voluntarily... that's why..."

"I see." In a sick and twisted sort of way, he supposed the Pirates' logic made sense. However, that didn't make what they had done right. "Where can we find this captain of yours? What of the final egg?"

"They're together," she said. "Captain Aveil... has the biggest room in the fortress. You can't miss it... it's the only room on the top floor."

"Very well. Thank you, Dame Regilia." Sigmund stood up, but before the Gerudo could follow him and catch him with his back turned, he slammed his flipped down hard on her leg. It crashed against the stone floor with a loud CRACK and a scream from its owner. "That's to make sure you won't come after us," he said. "Don't worry, you have no injuries that won't heal." He saluted her. "May we fight again when we've both recovered from our injuries."

He turned around to Silas, holding out his hand to help him stand up. "I know where we can find the captain," he said, ignoring Regilia's pained swearing behind him. "Are you okay?"
  19. Squishy

Silas shook his head, eyes shut tight and grasping his arm. The worst of the pain had passed, but every movement of the wounded limb still send up new waves of agony.

"I will be." He muttered through gritted teeth. "Just need a moment."

The Sheikah let loose a string of curses, trying to push down the pain. For all he knew the Gerudo had shattered every bone in his arm with her gauntlet, it certainly felt so. It had not hurt this bad since the battle in Impa, racing against the clock to save the city from sinking any further. Once he got out of here, something had to be done about the limb, whether that meant losing it or not. Silas sighed, focusing on calming his breathing. As he did so, the pain in his arm slowly dulled to a deep ache. But along with, all feeling in the arm numbed as well. While definitely preferable to the pure agony of before, Silas found he had trouble with moving his fingers or bending his arm, all joints oddly stiff and heavy.

He rubbed his face with one hand, the other arm limply hanging at his side.

"It won't get much better than this, I'm afraid. Let's go. The sooner we finish this, the better."
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  20. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Sigmund nodded. As much as he wanted to give Silas time to recover -after all, the Sheikah had done the same for him earlier when his body had acted up- there was no telling if they had that time. They had to find the captain before she was alerted to their presence, had to find the last egg before it was too late, and had to get out of the fortress before they got themselves killed. The sooner they found and defeated the captain, the sooner they could rest. "The captain is located at the top floor of the fortress," he explained. "She's got the final egg. She might have our weapons, too," he suddenly realised, "so we have to go there anyway. I'll help you complete your mission, Silas, but we have to hurry. If she catches on to our presence..."

He didn't bother finishing his sentence, instead opening the door he had bolted before. There were no conscious Gerudos to be seen- perhaps they had gotten to get reinforcements? In that case, getting out of this place was even more important. "I think they might be afraid of us," he said, "News travels quickly in places like this. They probably know by now that there's two men defeating good fighters in here." Truth be told, he had no idea how they kept doing it. They were only two men, injured at that, and they were consistently beating the Gerudos they came across. "If they come with an entire squad, we'll be chanceless. Let's hurry."