The Fetid Fountain - Dungeon-Style Quest

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Beefish, May 8, 2016.

1. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

I'm pasting this message everywhere just in case, but I should hopefully be okay to post once it gets back to my turn anyway.

2. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

No problem Sini, I hope everything goes alright :lol:
  3. Beefish

Hey guys, so from what I can gather a bunch of people (at least in the fetid fountain) seem to have gone inactive to some extent, so I was wondering what people might think about introducing a time limit so that the people who want to carry on and are active can still post even if other people in the order haven't posted for a while?

I'm not sure if it's against the rules or anything since if I remember all threads work on a post order right? Unless it's just an informal rule, but anyway, looking for any input on this.
    Sinistrari likes this.
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    No, actually, that's entirely fine.
    Beefish likes this.
  5. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Gah! I wish I'd been fast enough to join in on this! Is there any way I can sneak in? It's fine if you feel there's too many people already or whatever. I'd probably bring Remei along if I did- maybe they can find her somewhere inside the dungeon? It's totally fine if you don't want me to join in, I can live with that :XD: It just looked super exciting!
  6. Beefish

I'm fine with you joining, Ink! There are quite a few people already, but I think I might just go ahead with this post skipping thing so people who are more active on the forum can post more often. I think we're currently waiting for Blonde Panther, and I know she will post eventually, but it looks like Gizmo95 might not be around for a while.

Ink, I'll let you decide how you end up in the dungeon. The idea is that you were invited in some way by an old historian called Aghan though, so just bear that in mind with your first post :happy: You will be posting after Squishy.

So for those who are in the Fountain; are there any objections to setting a new time limit to post within 4 days? If you don't post within this time then your turn is skipped. This should keep the quest flowing so we can hopefully get it done :happy:
  7. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I... think we were waiting for Gizmo, Mags, and Squish first? Other than Beefish's DM posts, Sini is the only one who's posted since me. That's why I haven't posted yet. I'm fine with a timer of sorts -as well as with Ink joining us- though. What will we do, in-character, for the characters whose RPers aren't currently active?

On that note, I'm in regular contact with Magnere and I'll boop him on the nose about this thread.
  8. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I'm almost definitley not going to make the 4-day deadline most of the time :'D gonna go on holiday for two weeks starting next tuesday, but I'll see what I can do c:
  9. Electronic Ink

Hmm. If Aghan (geez, I distrust him already just cause his name sounds like Aghanim) had invited other people, is it possible the treasure-loving Remei could have overheard and been like "Whoa, abandoned Fairy Fountain? Hell yes, where's my vacation money?" and been dumb enough to go in on her own.
  10. Cataphractoi

Cataphractoi Nanase is rebooting reg

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    I vote one of Ink's characters just inexplicably replaces one of the inactive ones and no one ever comments on it :D
    I dunno why the idea amuses me so much buuuuuuuut it does.
    Beefish likes this.
  11. Electronic Ink

:sweat: That would be strange. If I had anyone with like Actor's Illusion or something it might work, but I don't.
  12. Cataphractoi

Cataphractoi Nanase is rebooting reg

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    That's the point!
  13. Electronic Ink

14. Sinistrari

I'm going through something of a writer's/artist's block* at the moment, so though I don't feel like I have much of a right to agree and pressurise, I don't see any harm in skipping people when it's been so long already. I suggest extending the deadline to at least a week however, rather than four days.

*(It's a very particular writer's block I must add, all over the internet including other forums I am on. Some characters I'm still 100% with but others, like Datura, have little motivation for me at the moment. So my apologies to anyone related who happens to read this. I will recover eventually, I am sure. Or at the very least finish up what I already have going.)
    Beefish likes this.
  15. Beefish

Ah you're right! I must have misread the post order, it's Gizmo next and he's not been around since the end of June. That actually explains why the thread has sort of stopped :dizzy:

I'm actually also going away for 10 days starting next Tuesday :O.o: but I might have access to the internet where I'm staying. It might be better to implement the time limit after we both return then! :sweat:

I pretty much stole half of Aghanim's name just because I wanted it to sound Hylian :XD: But yeah! I've got no problem with her overhearing about the adventure. I just wanted it to be limited enough so that reasonably hundreds of random treasure hunters wouldn't be at the dungeon.

That's a good question actually. It seems that Gizmo is the only player currently inactive in the thread.

Ah ha! I have a good idea :lol: I'll make a quick DM post to deal with Gizmo's character. I'm sure you guys will find it fitting considering the Zelda games and it'll leave it open for him to return if he does become active again.
    Ah I know that feeling. Similar thing happened to me on the other Zelda RP forum.

A week is more reasonable now that I think about it since only one person is actually inactive. But like I said before - I'll wait to implement it for after Squishy and I return from holidays :n_n: to be honest it might become redundant anyway since it seems we're all basically here with the exception of Gizmo.

Or... how about, instead of having a time limit - if a person goes inactive for too long the other players can come here to temporarily vote them out of the dungeon (you'll see how with my next DM post). That's probably more fair.
  16. Beefish

Alright, so Nicholas has been temporarily removed from the RP which means the post order is free again! Looking forward to seeing the thread active once more :n_n:
  17. Electronic Ink

Okay! Let me know when you enter a new room, and you can find Remei trapped in there or whatever. :sweat:
  18. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I have been booped on the nose. I will reply today whenever I am free. If I don't reply today, I will more than likely be booped again. That is never fun.

Edit: Since light is apparently an issue for our characters, I have a major question before I respond. Areyals treasure for the thread are as follows.

Specialty:Ice (-20 rupees) + Ice (-20 rupees, thanks to specialty) and Will-o-Wisp (-10 rupees.)

Will-o-Wisp would certainly make light. But as of the DM of the session, I suppose it is up to you to determine when we get our treasures? If I were to just assume that she learned how to use Will-o-Wisp before entering the dungeon, and perhaps find a scroll with Ice in the dungeon, would that be acceptable? Or do you have any certain plans for giving out treasures?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  19. Beefish

That sounds fine to me, I was going to distribute the treasures by treasure chests in the dungeon. I'll have one you encounter contain an Ice scroll :lol:
    Magnere likes this.
  20. Sinistrari

Does this mean that the posting order is completely open now? Or are we still following it, minus Nicholas? (Just curious!)