The Fetid Fountain - Dungeon-Style Quest

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Beefish, May 8, 2016.

1. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

Yeah I'm putting a little backstory in the OP for how everybody knows about the Fountain :XD:

It'll be quite basic - hostile activity has been reported around the area, some historians checked it out, think it's a Fairy Fountain but are too chicken to enter considering rumours of monsters - so you guys wanna check it out.

Characters are fine to be there for different reasons - some of them might have been hired, those who aren't interested in aiding or fighting might want to visit the Fountain because it's practically been rediscovered, might like to learn about it as it's among the largest Fairy Fountains in Hyrule (if not the largest being practically a dungeon). And of course, there's the promise of lost treasures to the more adventuring types.

About getting the treasures from chests - there are actually hidden puzzles and stuff which the whole group might not necessarily find at the same time. Also wandering away from the group is allowed, especially if you, say, find the compass and discover there is a hidden treasure chest in a room you've already cleared - then you can backtrack without worrying about monsters and try to find the chest. Every player has access to the map, you might notice something no one else has.

I'll elaborate on how finding secrets works in the actual thread, there'll be a spoiler with some information.
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  2. Cataphractoi

Cataphractoi Nanase is rebooting reg

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    I'll be claiming 48r + a kinstone for now. I may change my mind and switch the rupees for a treasure, buuuuut probably not.
  3. Gizmo95

Gizmo95 That one nice but occasionally creepy guy. new

Well, Faust and Nicholas have technically met before in our other current thread. We can maybe lump them together somehow? Though the personalities are a stark contrast from each other. Just an idea. As for Nicholas's rewards… 40 rupees and Piercing Note found along the way maybe? Just to be accurate, we get a base of 50 rupees right?

Base: 50+5(Lvl 1 Outfitter)

Treasure: Piercing Note (-15)

Final: 40 Rupee's

Feel free to check me if I missed something. I'm still relatively new to actual quest rewards.
  4. Beefish

Okie-doke, I'll keep that in mind for the QB thread. I'm assuming you'll just get that after the thread rather than IC, right?

I'm sure I can find a way for him to pick up Piercing Note inside the dungeon!

Oh by the way, the Fountain will be discovered just outside Nabooru - I hope this doesn't conflict with anyone for some reason? If it does I can move it. Location doesn't matter too much, just backstory stuff.
  5. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Nabooru works just fine, and I assume Ni'Ran will have been hired, then. Like I said, he's probably incredibly intrigued, which led him to taking the job.

As for his reward... I'd like to spend my 50 Rupees on a Nayru's Belt (Which costs him the full 50 Rupees because he's P4). In addition, his Level 1 Sellsword Profession gives him 5 Bonus Rupees.

Nayru's Belt is a physical item, so he can probably find it anywhere in the dungeon.
  6. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

All sounds good to me, Beefish! Really exciting in fact. It sounds like a lot of thought has been put into this so I'm interested to unravel it all.

I also don't mind being paired off, I'm completely open* about the way things develop but I can't really promise how Faust will react until I know what the situation is. So it'll all be mostly on the spot decisions. Unless there's different starting points? Actually no. Don't tell me that. The more things that are hidden for me to discover the better :lol:

(P.S I'm not sure how to tackle Faust & Nicholas being alone together since the other thread they're both in is only just kicking off...and I can't predict the future. I suppose I at least have a rough idea of what will happen over there though! Usually I would suggest having this thread be the first thread in which Faust and Nicholas meet but since "An Uneventful Journey's Beginning" appears to be the first step of his adventure for Nicholas it sounds like it'd mess things pretty bad! Oh well. I'm sure we'll figure stuff out!)

*Very open. I give you complete permission to throw whatever you like at Faust, just don't kill him, he's new :oncie:
  7. Beefish

Alright, and do you want me to stick that in a chest or just leave it until after the quest?

Ha ha, like I said this dungeon has been played before and I've learned a lot about the weaknesses and strengths it had, the things players found fun or not fun, I've had lots of time to expand on it. It's by no means perfect, or even particularly significant regarding RP dungeons, but I hope you guys find it fun nonetheless :happy:
  8. Sinistrari

Faust is a doctor. He feels a duty to heal things and Great Fairies usually heal things, so if anything Faust will just feel grudgingly duty-bound to try and restore the fountain somehow... Or steal some secrets for his profession while he's at it. "I can't really be arsed but I probably should do it." - sort of frame of mind.

(New post because I feel like it's already too late to edit my previous one :lol:)
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    In a chest, on a corpse, whatever you think would work best. I would like for him to find it in the dungeon though, just so he can get away with more reckless stuff than usual.
  10. Beefish

I had to edit my last post anyway because you sniped me :XD: sounds good though, fitting for the quest :happy:

Can do! :happy:

I'll be posting the thread soon. Anyone who hasn't told me their rewards feel free to drop them here in this thread!
  11. Gizmo95

Is there a particular posting order? I ask because I see two posts and dont want to cut anyone's turn of there is a posting order.
  12. Beefish

I think once everybody has made one post, we'll stick to that posting order, so far it's Blonde Panther, then Sinistrari, then you.
  13. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I'll post when I get home. Out taking the grandma to eat, bless her heart.
  14. Beefish

15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Posting order is a good idea considering there's a boatload of us. That way no one gets left behind.
  16. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Err, I don't know why everyone is mentioning Leskar in their posts, since I hadn't decided on a character yet?
  17. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I think It was because BP said you could use Leskar, but yeah. You never did choose a character officially. We're not too far in, it would be an easy fix for everyone to adjust their posts if you do use someone else.
  18. Sinistrari

Oh shit, really? Sorry D: You were listed at the top of the actual IC thread as using Leskar so I just assumed. It's honestly not much effort at all for me to quickly chop any mention of him out though, if you are bringing in someone else?
  19. Beefish

Oh :o_o: sorry Squishy, somebody said you were using Leskar so I just assumed that was the case. Have you decided on a character?
  20. Gizmo95

My bad... I'll edit out after work.