Yeti Walks into a Bar... (Open)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Electronic Ink, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Soft, plodding footsteps could be heard as a round, furry creature with an over large hat wandered through the streets of Nabooru. People cast odd looks at the docile, vaguely bovine-faced yeti wandering through their midst, looking for all the world like a large white dust bunny.

Yeteta peered into windows with large, cow-like eyes, wondering where would be the best place to stay for the night. She peeked inside a large building to see several partying Hylians, and quite a few off to the sides talking or drinking. Yeteta pulled on the door to try and open it, surprised to find it stuck. She yanked on it several more times, to the giggles of passersby, before one Hylian man tapped her arm and then pushed lightly on the door, which swung open without a whisper of protest.
    "Thankee," murmured the yeti in poor Hylian, wandering inside and looking at the Hylians around her. Most were sitting on tall chairs. Straightening her hat, Yeteta attempted to hoist herself up on the chair, only to flip over and land on her back on the other side of the chair.
    "Owie," she whined, sitting back up.
  2. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

Erick walked though town from the inn he just checked into, his bag hanging at his side, looking for a place that would have an adventurer or two. "Alright let's see... where's a good place to look." he thought. Erick saw a building that looked like some kind of tavern smiling. "Ah, that looks like a good place to start." Erick walked over to the building and entered. When he entered his eyes where immediately drawn to the sight of a yeti trying to get on a chair but failing miserably, this got a chuckle out of him. "Well that's not what I was expecting to see, she may not look like much but who knows, maybe she'll be a valuable ally?" He proceeded to walk to her and extended a hand to help her up. "Hello there, you seem like you're having a bit of trouble, are you alright?"
  3. Electronic Ink

Yeteta beamed, grabbing the man's hand and attempting to pull herself up. Struggling to her feet, she gave a toothy smile.
    "Thankee!" she said happily. "M'okay!"
    She attempted to sit on the chair again, succeeding mostly by clamping the stool with her opposable toes and shuffling backwards onto it. "Name?" she enquired innocently.
  4. monkeyislandfan1

Erick smiled as he sat on the chair next to her and introduced himself. "My name is Erick nice to meet you and yours?" He offered his hand to shake making sure it was close enough to not make her lose the balance she had.
  5. Electronic Ink

The Yeti gave a large, toothy smile.
    "My name Yeteta!"
  6. monkeyislandfan1

Erick ordered two waters from the barkeep "So Yeteta, do you know of any notable places in Nabooru? I just came into town and I'm looking for common meeting places that would have at least one or two people who would be willing to explore Hyrule. I'm going to head on over to Castle Town in a few days to look for a weapon and maybe meet up with some people I met."
  7. Electronic Ink

Yeteta blinked.
    "Uh, I no know nowhere," she said awkwardly. "Only interesting is Scoop,"
    She pulled said Ghastly Doll from her hat and held it out proudly. "Scoop interesting! Scoop magic!"
  8. monkeyislandfan1

Based on Yeteta's response, Erick decided not to ask her for directions here anymore. As she pulled out Scoop and said it was magic, he was curious "Magic huh? That's great, What about him makes him magic?" The drinks where handed to Erick and Yeteta as he asked that.
  9. Electronic Ink

Yeteta beamed widely.
    "If I tells him to, he moveses on his owns!" she said cheerfully.
  10. monkeyislandfan1

Taking a sip of water, Erick nodded "That is interesting, I have something that's magic myself." Erick pulls out one of his books that he keeps in his Adventure Pouch. "This is called a Book of Mudora. How it works is this, let's say you turn to the hylian section, as I understand it, if you speak a different language in front of it a translated version of what was just said appears in hylian on the book, the same works for the other sections, just in that language."
  11. Electronic Ink

Yeteta's eyes widened.
    "It fixifies bad talking?" she said in awe, prodding it with one massive finger.
  12. monkeyislandfan1

Erick nodded "I don't see why not, lets try it." He opened up the book and turned to the hylian section and placed it on the table. "Alright just say something in your language and let's see if it works."
  13. Electronic Ink

Yeteta beamed and, in a sing-song voice, recited a yeti children's poem. Granted, it was about ice, snow and reekfish, but still a children's rhyme. She looked at the book expectantly.
  14. monkeyislandfan1

Erick listened to Yetetas song, wondering what the book will translate, when she finished a fully translated version in hylian appeared on the book. Erick began to read it over. "Did it work? If this is an accurate translation it's a nice song with good lyrics."
  15. Electronic Ink

Yeteta craned her tiny neck to read.
    "Uhm," she murmured. "I's thinks so,"
    She read it over.
    "It lookses right. I not good at Hilyan-talkies. Or Hilyan-writesies,"
  16. monkeyislandfan1

"Oh that fine, Hylian's not your first language, and some people just have a hard time with another language, If you want you can continue to talk though the book. So I hope this isn't too personal but what where you planing to do here in Nabooru?"
  17. Electronic Ink

The yeti gave yet another massive toothy grin, little square teeth with two miniature tusk-like bottom teeth.
    "Show Scoop, get shinies!" she sang happily. "Hilyans give shinies when Scoop dance nice."
    In truth, a great deal of the rupees were more for the dork yeti who did everything she could to maintain eye contact with the doll, including trying to stand on her head if she thought it was going too low.
  18. monkeyislandfan1

Erick put the book back in his bag and took a sip of his water. "I have to say I'm interested in seeing it move, could you please show me Scoops magic? I'd be willing to pay."
  19. Electronic Ink

There was a pause.
    "Paaaay?" she said in awe. "Oh! Oh! Okay!!"
    She set the doll on the bench and stared at it intently, and slowly the doll lifted up onto stubby legs, waddling towards Erick in a very off-balance manner. It did a little hop, spun in a circle, and then reached out and poked him on the nose. Yeteta giggled happily.
  20. monkeyislandfan1

It took a moment for Erick to process what just happened, when he did he thought, "Oh my gods that was adorable." Chuckling Erick reached into his bag and took out two blue rupees. "Here you go thank you for that. So where did you get Scoop?"