Voice of Magic, Business Scrub Extraordinaire

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Cloud, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Voice of Magic

Race: Deku Scrub (Business Scrub)
    Place of Origin: Lost Woods
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Associated Elements: Light, Fire, Shadow

3/4/2

Treasures:
    Plant Composition
    Water Hop
    Business: Profession: Magic Teacher Lv.1
    Nightvision
    Adventure Pouch
    Magic Bolt (-35r) No Instrument Required (-10r)
    Profession: Magic Teacher Lv3 (-50r)
    Spark (-5r)
    0 :roop:

Appearance: Voice is made of a wood that has a deep red colour, and is quite sturdy to boot; this would lead most Hylians to presume he’s made of Mahogany, and Voice uses this to up-play his general prestige, besides other things. Just as well, instead of having the ‘traditional’ leaves and foliage (not that he doesn’t have those as well), he has an assortment of bulbs, which bloom during springtime. Voice has developed a healthy workout regimen as well that keeps him at a moderately strong level, as opposed to other Deku Scrubs, and particularly Business Scrubs, as well. He also dresses in a black garb; this appears to make him look like a ninja, but not quite. It was some gift supposedly to be from a land far to the East, but Voice has never sought to verify these claims.

He stands at three feet, three inches (or just under a meter), and weighs thirty (or nearly fourteen kilograms) pounds.

Equipment: He possesses a crooked staff that often sees its fair share of usage as a club; his traditional Black Garb; and a tome containing various profit-seeking measures, as well as numerous arcane secrets.

Personality: Voice is… a rather stern individual. While seeking profits (and the most profitable method easily achievable to him), he does actually somewhat care about those he teaches; while it may not amount to much, every student of his gains a modicum of his trust, though it is fairly easily broken. He may (or may not) swear a significant amount; it depends on who he is teaching, or what he is repairing, which is also a feature he possesses, though it may not seem like that on the surface; supply him with plans of a device, and he can (with ease) figure out what, exactly, is missing, or causing it to not function as intended.

History: Voice of Magic is an adopted alias. At first, he was named Alexander of the Forests; a name that, frankly, didn’t fit a Business Scrub. As time progressed, he showed an innate attunement to magic; his parents soon enrolled him in a magical academy, where he graduated with honors soon after. He then began formulating especially significant ways to obtain wealth, in part to deal with his rather extensive debt, but mostly because he realized his true calling: that of a Business Scrub. Of course, this came to no one’s surprise; his forebears had all been Business Scrubs, including his parents, but he figured it was time for a name change. Coming up with a new name, he decided on a somewhat serious one; Voice of Magic, because it was especially prevalent that he could easily use it, while taking little to no effort from him. It was akin to speaking.

Then came him tutoring various pupils on how to best utilize their own magic, while he had had only two spells to his name; Magic Bolt and Spark, both learned at the Academy. It was during this time while he was wandering that he came across a tribe of Moblins. Hoping to turn a quick coin, he’d tried to make business with them. Though they thought of him as being a nuisance, eventually he did awaken a few members’ gifts for magic, and taught them well to use it. Since then, he’s been going from town, to city, to town, tutoring and teaching at various institutes; he’d already made more than double to pay off his student loans. While going to the several annual Business Scrub Association fairs, he’s always reported a fair share of profits; though nothing compared to the higher-ups, who have reported up to thousands of rupees gained in a single year.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    I like the idea that this guy was pretty much enslaved to student loans amongst other things. I also scribbled a small picture of him based on his description... I'm probably going to hold onto that. Aside from that, this might be one of the shortest sheets I have seen even outside of grading. Although you managed to pack a relevant amount of information into every single sentence, opening a window into your skill as an RPer.

I've seen you make characters before, you usually pack on and stick on things over time and their sheets end up huge. I have no fear that this won't grow into something and I feel I should pass it. :i:

Another aside, I'm wondering what happened to those awakened magic moblins he taught. . .