The Reborn Light

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by twilightlink7, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Saria, high-princess of Labrynna, daughter of Queen Ambi and elder sister to the prince Taburi, was in a grumpy mood. Why? It was raining. Saria hated rain. Rain meant that she had to stay in the castle, and she hated staying in the castle.

Saria stomped through the halls of the castle. She was going to go to the cooks and have them make her chocolate cake for breakfast. Normally, everyone had to eat healthy in the morning, but Saria was a big girl now. She was eight years old, and it was quite within her rights to have chocolate cake in the morning if she so wished it.

Saria met her mother by the kitchen, and she was happy to share her complaints about the weather with her, as well as her plans for a delicious breakfast of comfort food.
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Not looking ahead of him, Taburi bumps into someone and falls to the ground. Taburi quickly covers his head with his blanket trying to hide from whoever he had bumped into.
  3. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"Owie" Link said rubbing his head after removing his hat.
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "...Link?" Taburi moves the blanket on his head enough to see Link. "...Link..."
  5. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"Oh hi Tarubi."
  6. Quill

Saria skipped down the halls of the castle, happily munching on a pastry she had managed to lift from the kitchens. Her mother hadn't approved; she had tried to make her eat gross vegetables, but Saria was smarter than that. She was eight years old, after all. She had only pretended to eat the squashes and asparaguseses to satisfy her mother's sadistic nature. The moment that she had turned away to address a cook's question about that night's welcome dinner, Saria had promptly scraped the food off of her tongue and into a small white dog's open mouth. She had lifted a hand-held pie and the dog got its yummy munchings. It was a win-win situation!

Saria skidded to a halt on the slightly slippery tiles. She saw her brother, clutching his blanket like it was a teddy bear, standing next to a boy that she'd never seen before. "Taburi," she said, "why are you still in your sleeping clothes?" She sighed, and glanced at the boy. "Who are you?"

[[OOC: Queen Ambi already said that the last time she'd seen Link he had still been in Zelda's womb, so I figured Saria wouldn't know him]]
  7. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"I'm Link" He said seeing the girl.
  8. Quill

"Hi." Saria said. She wasn't sure who this boy was, but judging from his worn and wrinkly clothes, he was probably one of the maids' kids. "I've got a question," she said, grinning, "have you ever climbed a tree before?"
  9. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"No I never did plus my mommy would be scared if I did." He said
  10. Quill

Saria laughed and grabbed his arm, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Aw, come on, Link! Have a little fun! There's this great tree in the orchard, and it has apples that are so yummy and so red that I'm getting hungry just thinking about them!"
  11. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"My mommy Zelda won't be happy."
  12. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"I don't think she knows my mommy Princess Zelda." He said a bit loud.

(Yes)
  13. Quill

(Sorry, Twill, I erased my post to work on it, but you posted before it was deleted XD)

Saria pouted, crossing her arms and sticking her nose in the air. Stupid stubborn sow! In all honesty, she wasn't sure what that word meant. She had heard one of the cooks say that to her assistant, and Saria had liked how it sounded. "Well, fine," she said, "be that way." She stormed off, stomping as she went. "I'm going to go grab a delicious red apple," she yelled, "and I'll have the cooks make it into a pie and I won't give any to you!"

She was halfway across the hallway when Link spoke up to her brother. "What?" She wasn't going to run over, so she shouted instead. "Your mother is the Princess that's staying with us? What? But you look so, so...." she gestured incomprehensibly at his clothing and general smudged appearance. "Wait a minute," she said shrewdly, "how do I know you're really a Prince? You could be a little liar! If you're a Prince, prove it!"
  14. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

Link took out of his tunic a royal emblem his mother gave him a year ago.
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "...sis..." Taburi hugs his blanket. "...no need to be mean..."
  16. Quill

"I am not mean." Saria protested hotly to her brother. "Tabs, we don't know who he is! He could be anyone, an escaped slave, a maid's nephew, a sculler-" Her voice cut off abruptly as Link reached into the neck of his tunic and withdrew a golden Triforce emblem from within. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned or polished for a while, but it was still shiny and obviously royal. So, the boy without a spirit was blue-blooded, eh?

"Well," she said, not wanting to give ground, but still knowing that she had lost, "that's all well and good, but if you're royalty you should like climbing-"

"Link, there you are!" A new voice cut into the conversation. It was deeper and more mature than Saria's, and she turned to see who the arrival was. A finely-dressed woman stood smiling behind her. Her hair was a dark golden color, and even though it was done in a simple plait, she radiated motherly power and royal authority. "Saria, Taburi, is that you? It's amazing how much two people can grow in just three short years!"
  17. twilightlink7

twilightlink7 Member new

"Hi mommy." Link said and hug her.
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Taburi's eyes widen. "...hello Ms. Zelda..." Taburi hides a little behind his blanket.
  19. Quill

"Hello, my darling," Zelda said, kneeling to hug him properly. She tousled his hair and laughed. "I think you're going to need a bath soon! Travelling has not left you looking very prince-like, as Saria said."

Saria melted a little into herself when she heard that. "You heard that?" She whispered, mortified.

"You talk very loudly," Zelda said, smiling. "Don't worry," she said, winking at Saria, "I quite agree with you. He's a mess, aren't you?" She directed the last bit at Link and tickled his belly. "Hello, Taburi," Zelda said, "I like your blanket."

She turned to Saria and smiled. "You know, those apples sound very good. Would your mother take offense if I had one?"

"Oh, no," Saria said, flapping her hands as if to shoo away a fly, "we take apples from there all the time. She'd probably be more upset if you didn't have one."

"Well then, in that case," Zelda turned to Link, "would you get one for me, Link? I'm sure Ms. Saria here will take good care of you for me."

Saria nodded enthusiastically, grinning widely. "Of course, your majesty," she said happily, "I'll make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Now, c'mon Link, let's get climbing! You too, Taburi!"
  20. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "...thank you Ms. Zelda..." Taburi looks up the tree. "...no...too high..." Taburi backs up a bit from the tree.