Stone Tower Temple (Mags & Squish)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Kalvar Darhun: Wall-scaling + Ease-of-use Augment, -5 rupees
    Morgan Liesmith: Wall Kick + 5 rupees

---

The tower loomed over the small, abandoned village, a warm wind blowing through the canyon.

Morgan looked at it with a look of determination on his face. Long ago, he had promised himself that one day he would climb that tower. And today was going to be that day.

He had decided on his plan this morning, and he was sure he was not going to fail this time. Morgan could feel it in his bones. This would not end in a miserable failure like the past six attempts. The fabled treasure at the top would be his, and his alone. All of it, down to the last little speck of gold dust. Perhaps he could even swim in it.

A big grin spread over the Hylian's face. If the prospect of swimming in gold was not a good motivator, nothing would be. Though of course there was also the fact that climbing the tower would be his biggest and final goal in his training. If he could prove himself strong enough to climb it and survive, he would be strong enough to head back up north to find his brothers.

Though the gold was of course much more interesting.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar stared as the young man gawked at the tower.

During his recent travels, he had run into a young man. After listening to his story, he figured he would tag along. It seemed like an exciting adventure. Normally, he would have climbed it all by his self, but he couldn't deny the boys dream. There was almost no way Morgan could do it by himself. There was something about him that reminded Kalvar of himself. Regardless, he was compelled assist. Lucky for him, Kalvar was here to help.

He shifted his gaze from Morgan, to the tower ahead of him. It looked like it would take quite a while to climb up. But this was something he prepared for. As long as they didn't attract much attention, monsters would be a breeze. Though, with the boy tagging along, they were sure to attract a lot of it. A grin slowly spread across Kalvar's face, preparing for the challenge ahead.

"Hey, whenever you're ready man." He said to Morgan. "I'm ready to go." He gently placed the Hawkeye on his face, and retrieved his bow off his back. He nods towards the boy, "Shall we proceed then?"
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. Squishy

Morgan turned back to Kalvar, a boy he had met a few days before. He too seemed to be interested in climbing the tower, so they had decided to head out together, as it would be almost impossible to climb, let alone survive it's hazards, alone.

"Ready." A big grin appeared on the Hylian's face as he gingergly started up the slope that led to the tower's entrance; a massive stone slab decorated with various creatures and a huge serpent-like creature circling around all. Morgan brushed his fingers over the surface, trying to find a hidden switch or handle, until he touched one of the eyes of the serpent, right in the middle of the door.

There was a click, and with a loud groaning noise the door was lifted, first revealing a huge cloud of dust and sand bursting from the entrance, and a square, courtyard-like place when the dust settled on the ground again. The floor was made out of large, sandcoloured bricks and surrounded on all sides by tall walls that seemed to be made out of some porous rock, as there were large holes and dents scattered on it everywhere. Looking up revealed that they were now inside the tower, as the walls rose so high the very sky was a tiny speck at the top.

Through the tower, the two Hylians could see various platofrms, columns and boulders, some moving, others perfectly still.

Morgan looked up, whistling through his teeth at the sight of the enormous structure.

"Well, there's our challenge."
  4. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    As Morgan walked toward the entrance, Kalvar followed closely behind. As the boy reached out towards the door, Kalvar was unsure what he was attempting to accomplish until he pressed the eye of a serpent. The door slowly lifted, and huge puff of dust flew at his face. Quickly shielding his face, dirt covered his clothing from head to toe. "Off to a great start, aren't we?" The Hylian said jokingly, brushing himself off.

Following the fellow Hylian inside the tower, he held his bow out in front of him, with an arrow on the string. Prepared for an attack, he was not prepared, however, for the view. The inside of the tower was an breathtaking view. Amazing stone architecture was all his eyes could take it for a brief moment. Then he looked up.

Barely able to see the sky, the tower rose up to unfathomable proportions. Even with his hawkeye, he was unable to see much more of the sky. Random moving platforms kept blocking his view.

"I assume that this is going to take a while" Kalvar said, still in slight shock.

OOC (open)
    Hey, thanks for being patient, I promise you won't have to wait this long for another response
  5. Squishy

OOC (open)
    Don't worry, it's okay!

"Aye, it is. Doesn't mean it won't be fun." Morgan said, grinning in excitement. He looked over the interior of the tower again, suddenly feeling incredibly small, and maybe even a tiny bit lonely. If only his brothers would have been here to scale the tower with him, he thought.

The blonde shook his head, focusing on the task at hand. They were going to have to keep their heads cool if they wanted to avoid the rolling boulders further up. They were hard to spot from the ground, but the roar of tumbling and rolling stone echoed throughout the entire structure, leaving no doubt of the challenges ahead.

"So..." Morgan started, looking over at Kalvar, before heading to a rickety ladder that led to a small platform a few feet of the ground. "I suppose we just... climb?" He poked at the porous wall tentatively.

Starting from the platform, there seemed to be some sort of trail on the tower's wall, leading up to a next platform higher up. The holes here were smaller and closer together, making it possible to climb them, though it was hard to see what they were like above them.

"Who wants to go first?"
  6. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Sighing, Kalvar walked up to the wall on the platform and examined the holes. It was definitely possible to climb, albeit rather difficult. The small holes would allow for them to climb, but would provide more difficulty as they got higher. They would tire, and unless they could reach a ledge or something soon after, it wouldn't end too well. "I'll go first." Kalvar said to Morgan. It made sense to him that the most experienced of the two of them should go first.

Reaching up, Kalvar grabbed one of the hand holds and pulled himself up. He was used to climbing a few cliffs here and there in Southern Hylia, so this wasn't going to be so bad. At least, not at first it wouldn't. Lifting up his leg to put his bare foot into the small hole, he pushed himself upwards, and started to climb up towards the platform up above.

The archer had to admit, this was unlike anything he had experienced before. Normally rock walls had little ledges or outcroppings he could occasionally take a short break on. There was no break on this climb. Not only was there someone else beneath him, but hanging from the wall would just cause more stress on his muscles. About halfway up, Kalvar cursed himself under his breath for not getting any jumping or climbing tools before hand. That would have made this a whole lot easier.

Eventually, Kalvar reached the platform up above, and he practically scrambled to the top for a break. He was breathing rather heavy, but he tried not to show how much of an effect the climb had on him. Looking down over the platform, he looked down for the other Hylian, hopefully he made it up. Regardless, he reached his hand down to help pull him up if he was in reach.
  7. Squishy

The only sound disturbing the eerie silence of the tower was that of the two Hylians struggling up the wall. Even with the plenty of hand- and footholds the wall provided, it was a tough climb. Morgan noted that the other boy seemed to be quite used to climbing, moving with a certain speed and grace. And barefoot, no less. He could only wince at the though of the sharp rocks scraping his skin, and was suddenly very glad to be wearing thick leather boots.

Kalvar was up on the platform first, and reached down to the other.

Gratefully grabbing his hand, Morgan pushed himself on the platform as well, scrambling to his feet. The exertion had made him feel dizzy, and he leant on his knees, waiting for it to pass. The familiar burn in his lungs was back too, it seemed this climb was going to be an even bigger challenge than he thought.

"Whew! Let's hope the other climbs are easier, I might not last to the top if it's all like this." Morgan said, bravely grinning, despite the fact he was completely winded. "You seem pretty good at all this climbing, you've done it before?"
  8. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    It was obvious to Kalvar that Morgan was going to need help climbing the tower. And by help, he meant he would practically carry him up. Granted, Kalvar was also partially exhausted from the climb, but he wasn't going to let that show. "Yeah, growing up in the caves, and then traversing Southern Hylia involves climbing a few cliffs here and there."

Sighing, he slings his pack off his shoulder and sets in in the ground. After a few seconds of digging around inside, he pulls out a small canteen of water and hands it to his fellow Hylian. "Here, drink. You are going to need to be in your best shape to climb this tower. We're not stopping for nothing, so drink up."

Kalvar leans against the wall, and waits for Morgan to be ready to climb again. As soon as he is, Kalvar starts to ascend the wall once more. This time however, he tries climb up the wall much faster than the first climb. Hoping that less time he spends climbing, the less exhausted he will get. However, this was not the case. The moment he reached the next platform, his arms were bascially limp noodles. Who even built this temple? Didn't they know that stairs existed?

He looks down over the edge of the platform and watches the other Hylian climb. "How you holding up?"

OOC (open)
    Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure what to do with this post. I think like, this platform could be connected to a few moving platforms or something? Whatever you want to do works fine for me.
  9. Squishy

"The caves? Must've been pretty hard, huh?"

Morgan gladly took the bottle from Kalvar and took a few sips, the burning in his lungs quickly diminishing now that he was not pushing himself. The blonde wiped his mouth with his sleeve and handed the bottle back.

"I'm afraid my best shape is this, though. The reason I'm climbing this tower is so I can grow stronger. I'll just do my best, I'm not one to give up easily!"

Feeling refreshed, Morgan started after the other boy. Perhaps he just needed to get the hang of climbing, get into it, and then he might start to feel less horrible with each platform they reached. Normally Morgan would have used his hookshot to climb, but there did not seem to be many, or any at all, places where the hook could catch on. No, the only way up seemed to be to simply climb.

"Could be better, but also a lot worse." Morgan called up to his companion. He hoisted himself up next to Kalvar, and was about to look for the next platform, when their current one suddenly started shaking. Very slowly, it started to move up, as if it were an elevator.

"Well, looks like we don't have to climb all the way."

ooc (open)

Uhh, yeah I'm thinking this platform will carry them up a little bit, and then maybe they'll start to get to some balconies with switches or falling rocks? A bit like the tower in-game, but without the need for the statues of course :P