Snowpeak Ruins (Blonde Panther, Unnamed Dude and Tsubori)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Blonde Panther, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Re: Snowpeak Ruins (Blonde Panther, Unnamed Dude and Tsubori

Abigail turned beet-red.

"Wh-wha--?! Hey! Why are you treating me like a kid?! I, I can stand on my own! A-and I never said you could call me Abb-" She stopped, realizing first that her wounds seemed tighter than usual, then that this tightness caused her little pain.

She put her hand through an opening of her shirt and felt the former wound. It seemed to have something on it... bandages? That was probably what was around her stomach, as well. But, for them to be covered... would mean that her shirt would have to have been removed...

The girl's face, which had very briefly begun to cool down with her self-inspection, was quickly flooded with an unbearable heat once more. That Jayden, he must've... and he was so close...

"E-eyah!" Her voice had shot up an octave and her protests came out with an almost squeaky quality. "Y-you! W-w-what have you been doing while I was out?!"
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

"Calm yourself," Autumn said to Abigail. "Use the energy to keep yourself warm. We're going to get a move on to that tower up there." Using a quick point of her finger to get the girl up to speed, Autumn then started walking to the lock she had shot her arrow at in the first place. Taking the arrow back, she noticed that the lock was rusted and destroyed it with a quick swing of her sword.

The room behind the door suffered under shattered window syndrome, so it didn't really surprise Autumn that there were large ice barriers around them and that the floor was frozen. As she walked onto the ice floor, slowly and carefully so she wouldn't slip and fall, she heard Yeto following her inside. "Skinny girl be careful, uh. Kholdstare here, uh."

"Kholdstare?" Autumn turned around, immediately struggling to regain her balance. Ice was so not her element...

Yeto nodded. "Uh-huh. Kholdstare monster Yetis all afraid of. Looks like chunk of ice with eye. Dangerous. Very cold, uh! Fur no use! Little humans no chance!" That was certainly a frightening prospect. "Is there, uh!" Yeto panicked, and when Autumn turned around, admittedly slightly afraid, and the lack of control in her movement sent her bum to the floor for the first of what would undoubtedly be many times.

Around the corner, sliding on the ice casually and passively, minding its own business, was a little chunk of ice, almost cloud-like in form. It had a single, red eye, which looked at Autumn for a second but then redirected its gaze in front of itself as it spun slowly.

...if this Kholdstare was so dangerous, it certainly wasn't aggressive...
  3. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Jayden scratched his head embarrassedly at Abby's accusations, a heavy blush on his face. "No no! I didn't do anything! Just basic medical procedures... Even ask Autumn, I didn't touch anything I wasn't supposed to. Besides, I always try to stay professional in these kinds of situations. But trust me, I know a guy who... Yeah."

His thoughts were interrupted as Autumn pointed to the room they needed to go to, then led them towards the so called scary creatures. The knight merely turned towards the forest guardian. "Wait, didn't we face a group of these before? This isn't even one of the big ones..." To prove his point, Jayden took out Heko Pesaga and fired a shot at it.
  4. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

Abigail's worries were not assuaged by Jayden's attempt at consolation.

"T-try to stay--?! Y-you know a guy who does what?"

How, exactly, was she supposed to stay calm with this? She didn't know that he kept that sort of company... Her cheeks burned all the brighter against the icy air. In an effort to salvage at least some semblance of pride, the girl turned away from him to hide her embarrassment.

Yeto warned them that there was apparently a dangerous monster nearby, one that even he feared. While that certainly sounded fearsome, the opponent he pointed out seemed... less than impressive.

Jayden once again readied his bow. "Wait," Abigail started, "I don't think that's it. It's too-"

The arrow flew. Upon the collision, the miniature block of ice started hurtling around pell mell, darting this way and that, changing its direction each time it hit a wall, very, very gradually slowing into a gentle slide once more.

"Small," she finished, muttering. That sort of ricochet would be difficult to deal with if there were smaller corridors.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

When Jayden shot 'Kholdstare' and didn't get a cold and harsh punishment for it, Autumn realized her misunderstanding. "That's not your Kholdstare, Yeto," she said as she tried to regain her footing- no easy task. "That's... something you get when you kill a Freezzard, isn't it?" She looked at Jayden. "Weren't there three of them last time?"

Still, she was a little disappointed at the knight's inability to one-shot the Mini Freezzard. "Yeto remember, uh... used to be big monster. Yeto whack with hammer."

"There we go," Autumn said, "There's probably two more of that in here." She pulled out two arrows. "I've got this covered. They should go down easily."

"...dangerous?" Yeto asked.

"...not really," Autumn replied, looking up at him. "I mean, they don't really have any arms or legs. They can only slide on their bellies, from what I've seen."

"Then let be," the Yeti said much to the Guardian's surprise. "Yeto smash ice walls. No need kill little puffballs." He then walked onto the ice, a lot more stably than the still slightly unbalanced Autumn, and raised his hammer.

With one good whack, the Yeti broke through the ice wall blocking their way. Mazes would not apply to them in this place, that much was for sure.
  6. Tsubori

Jayden blushed at Abby's disbelief. "C-come on! Give me a little credit here! Do I really seem like I'd do that? I mean... It's better that I did wrap the wounds, isn't it? I'm not gonna molest a girl I just met while she's unconscious and bleeding." He then shrugged at Yeto's remark about the mini-freezard. 

He was oddly calm about dark creatures living in his house, but that may be because the things kit don't bug him. For now, he'd follow and keep an eye on Autumn and Abby. Something was definitely amiss here.
  7. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

Abigail shook her head at Jayden's reasoning. Yes, that made sense, but... ohh, this was too embarrassing! She just wanted to forget that.

However her thoughts were scattered, though, she did manage to pick up on Yeto's desire to avoid fighting the little ice being. Which was a bit strange, but she supposed that it couldn't do much harm if they didn't attack it. From what she was seeing the thing could only slide around, and the only way it would be dangerous was if they hit it first and gave it momentum.

His method of avoiding it, however, surprised her to say the least. He just went out onto the ice and crushed the ice barrier in their path, giving them a new way forward. She couldn't tell whether the display was more handy or terrifying.

Abigail tried stepping on the ice, gingerly so as not to lose balance. She had seen Autumn's earlier attempts and she had no desire to get so chilly by crashing on the ice. She transferred herself to a standing position on the ice, then kicked off once to gauge how far she went with a step. She tried a few more times, going in a circle. If she could figure this out, it could be fun!

She turned back to the others. "Aren't you coming?
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

"Give me a second..." Autumn said, trying to keep her footing, "I'm not used to ice floors..." Physics were not her friend. She had to be grabbed by the arm by Yeto before she could make her way over to the door on the other end of the room.

When at the other side of that door, which Yeto had to practically crawl through, her boots found carpet under them instead of ice, she sighed in relief. They were in a hall not unlike the one they had first encountered when entering the ruins, except in a far worse state. "Tower can be reached from above, uh!" Yeto said, pointing up to the floor above them.

Autumn looked around. Large stairs went up to the second floor, but on the side they were on, the stairs were in ruins and inaccessible. On the opposite wall, the stairs were intact, but the balconies along both walls were not connected to each other. There was a chandelier hanging between them though, which gave Autumn an idea.
  9. Tsubori

Jayden treaded lightly and carefully on the ice, having seen Autumn's trouble. With enough focus, the man found himself at the other side of the room without help, but certainly nowhere near as well as Abby had made it. 

Now in the next room, the knight heard Autumn, following her gaze. A smirk cracked on his face. "I think I'm thinking the same thing." Walking up the stairs, Jayden readied himself, and his Pegasus boots. "Alright girls, ready?" When they affirmed their readiness, Jayden took off, easily making the gap. 

He continued his momentum, sliding and catching the opposite edge of the chandelier. This made the platform swing towards Jayden, then back. He climbed on again, watching to make sure Abby and Autumn made their jumps. Suddenly, Jayden realized he'd over thought things like crazy.

"Wait, was there a REASON we didn't just have Yeto toss us up?"
  10. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

Abigail waited a moment to jump, first casting Jump on herself and on Autumn. She then used Featherfall on them both, just to be sure.

About mid-jump, Jayden raised a rather reasonable question. But, in the midst of a jump to an already swinging chandelier... Well, reasonable was not an option anymore. Moreover it was a dangerous distraction that nearly made her miss her mark. Abigail's throat let out a small sound of protest, as she clutched onto the swinging platform.

"You decide to think of that mid-jump?" She asked incredulously, holding tightly to the chandelier's edge. "Gah, too late now! I'm coming up!" Thankfully, the Jump spell had made her lighter and more capable of climbing up onto the platform.
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

When Abigail cast her Jump Spell on Autumn, the Guardian focused on jumping from the balcony to the chandelier and over to the next balcony. Jayden suddenly raised the question of why they hadn't just let Yeto toss them up there. "I mean no offense to our Yeti friend...." the Guardian said, "But he is not the most subtle person I have ever met. Chances are that could have gone awfully wrong."

The problem now was, that the Yeti had no means of reaching their level. Instead, he shouted up to them. "Should be key in room, uh! Get key and bring to Yeto, uh!"

Autumn didn't answer, instead passing through the door into the next room. It resembled a corridor, except on the sides were rosters of rough mess instead of walls. At the end of the room was what seemed to be an empty suit of armor, with a blue key hanging from a necklace on one of its hands.

"That must be the key Yeto spoke of."
  12. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

The room was shaped strangely, which made Abigail pause to think why someone would choose to place a suit of armor in the middle of it. Wouldn't it just get in the way?

This curious interest was slowly replaced by prickly unease. Something about this situation struck her as strange if not wrong. Still, she couldn't quite put her finger on whatever was disquieting her.

"Hmm," She wondered aloud, "Why does this armor--?" She began, reaching out to the key and touching it as she inspected it, shortly before there was a terrible impulse in her to get back, an electric shock needling through her body screaming at her not to do that.

She leapt back for reasons she didn't understand until the armor started moving. Abby backed away as it slowly began swinging its ball and chain, the weapon soaring over its head in a large circle.
  13. Tsubori

Jayden proceeded with caution along with Abby and Autumn, also taking note of the armor. "That doesn't look foreboding at all." He said sarcastically, drawing his sword. Everything in this place except Yeto and Yeta had attacked them, why wouldn't this? His concerns proved sound when the armored lizard began swinging a ball and chain above it's head, ready to crush the puny Hylians. 

The knight dashed forward, diving low to avoid the ball. One hit from that thing would be fatal, so they had to be careful. Jayden tried to cut into the creature, but it's armor blocked the blow well. It drove it's knee up, making Jayden jump back to evade, so the Darkhammer threw it's sphere at him, making him dive to the side. 

Drawing Heko Pesaga, Jayden saw a gap in the creature's armor hear the shoulder, so he shot at it, arrow piercing scale and flesh. The lizard roared out, pulling the the ball back by the chain. Jayden suddenly felt a massive impact on his back, knocking the wind out of him. The armor prevented it from breaking anything, but it still hurt like a bitch. 

Tumbling towards the lizard, it wasn't in any position to attack Jayden, but nor was he able to attack. Then he saw the weak spot. It didn't armor it's tail. Gasping for air, Jayden pointed out this weakness to the others.
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

Autumn would have liked to say her surprise was great when the armor suddenly started moving, but in truth, her sense had warned her the second Abigail had touched the key. She glanced to her side when the monster threw its metal ball at the trio, ensuring that the girl was safe before leaping out of the weapon's way, herself. It took her barely any effort- the armor obviously held great strength, for being able to wield the ball and chain so relatively easily, but that was all it had going for it. Compared to her agility, both natural and practised, it was sluggish and inaccurate.

Jayden wounded it, but was hit as the ball went back on him. Autumn had drawn her own bow by now, notching an arrow and taking her time. The armor was helmeted, but... did it contain a living creature with a head? If it did... Autumn shot, the arrow lodging itself in the monster's face. The blood that found its way towards the outside of the helmet told her the beast did in fact have a face, and in anger, it started stomping through the room, dragging its ball behind it.

Autumn once more proved swifter, but as soon as her sword cut into the soft scales of the tail, the armor turned around and rather than wasting time with its weapon, pounched her in the stomach. Autumn was swift but not tough, and she was sent into the nearest wall with the wind knocked out of her.
  15. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

Abigail drew back and watched in shock as the darkhammer pounded her two allies. Clearly brute force wouldn't work on this thing. If two trained warriors had been smacked aside. They looked injured and the armored thing was coming closer. She nervously cast her eyes around the room for something, anything she might use to help them.

Nothing left or right. The walls were bare.

A couple of swords on the ground. One for each fighter. Maybe they dropped them? Autumn's blade was closest... Briefly, she considered going for it. Then she realized that she'd have to go through their heavily armored friend first. Okay, so that was a bad idea.

She looked up.

That might work. That might work nicely.

She cast Jump and Feather Fall quickly before rushing at the Darkhammer. She had to slide on her knees, hurting her a bit, to get under one swing of his chain, and had to dive aside to avoid the return trip. This was going to take some doing, she realized as she got back up into a crouching position. She realized how close she was to the sword...

She went for it. In doing so, she was distracted. She ducked haphazardly, avoiding the ball, but getting cracked in the forehead by the chain. Oww... that was not pleasant. A stabbing pain engulfed the area that had been hit, but nevertheless she kept moving and nabbed the blade.

As the darkhammer attempted to yank the ball back she stabbed the sword through a chain in the link. Worth a shot.

It only worked for about half a second; the massive armored enemy was deterred for a moment before he sent the blade clattering out of the ground. One second was all she needed.

The Darkhammer found itself looking at an airborne Abby flying at it with her hiking stick. This was stupid and could go wrong in so many different ways...

And the ball flew, straight at her. She released Feather Fall to drop down below it. The ball kept soaring.

...Right into the ornate, glassy chandelier above. There was a sound of glass shattering as the ball broke through the frozen chain suspending it...

It crashed with a mighty noise, onto the armored foe. The darkhammer found itself caught in between a few concentric rings of iron and glass, as Abigail closed her eyes as bits of broken glass rained down around her and soon was seeing black flowers bloom before her as the outside rim of the chandelier caught her. Shards of glass cut at her, the pain in her back now crushed her, but she had managed to pin it, however temporarily...
  16. Tsubori

Jayden slid over to the wall where he recovered his breathing. Abby and Autumn did great at fighting the beast, but when his sword skittered back over to him, he gripped it, ready to act. 

The chandelier crashed down, sending fragments of ice and glass all over the place. This is either going to make him look like a badass or a deadman, one or the other. The way the Darkhammer was facing, Jayden could see it's unarmored back. She stuck Korteklauw out, generating power for it as he simultaneously charged his Pegasus boots. 

As both became ready, Jayden jumped forward with the speed of the Pegasus boots, complimented by the insane spinning action of the spin attack. He blasted into the back of the Darkhammer with two of the attacks, cutting right into the spine enough for him to know the creature hadn't even survived to the end of the  attack. Putting his sword away mid-spin, Jayden used the third and final spin to grab the key from his enemy's wrist while it fell. 

Jayden then looked to Autumn and Abby a bit dizzily, a smile on his face. "Jeez, why couldn't Yeto have seen THAT?" He then bobbled over to Abby, who seemed to be more heavily injured. "You girls okay?Think we should go get some more soup?"
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

(OOC: I'm assuming Jayden or Abby takes the key. If not, just don't mention it in your posts and I'll edit to have Autumn do it.)

Between Abigail and Jayden, Darkhammer was soon soundly defeated. Autumn got back to her feet, managing to breathe again, and picked up and sheathed her sword. She then started feeling down her body, gasping as she touched her ribs. She had definitely broken something when Darkhammer had slammed her into the wall.

"Soup would be good right now," Autumn muttered, squeezing her eyes shut in pain. "Let's jsut pray we don't have to walk too far-"

"Yeto have soup, uh!" The second the trio left the room, the Yeti called out to them. On the ground in front of him was the enormous pot in which he had been cooking up his broth earlier, and Wolfos was standing next to it, panting and wagging its tail. The door behind the Yeti was open and a lot of rubble was lying near its sides. Autumn saw the kitchen from here, and assumed that the door had been blocked from this side.

"Come have some, uh! Look hurt!" That was a good idea... although Autumn wasn't looking forward to falling to her death. She couldn't really catch her fall like this. Wolfos barked, beckoning her down.
  18. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

Abigail needed help to get out from under the chandelier. And even after she was out from under the great metal wreckage she was in great pain. She had small cuts and scrapes everywhere from the glassy rain, including a small gash on her forehead which lost a small trickle of blood. Both her back and chest were set aflame every time she moved or even took a breath. She hoped that nothing was broken but she knew better than to think too hard about it, or to test it. She wouldn't be able to think straight if her anxiety about it grew any worse.

She nodded weakly at the prospect of Yeto's soup. "That would be nice," she said quietly, staggering out the doorway with no small amount of pain. She was beginning to get exhausted from all the jumping around she was doing today, and the ever-present burning in her torso was doing her no favors.

...Oh. Right. They had had to abuse the chandeliers to get here, so the sheer drop was a bit of a problem. She grimaced as she looked down. Even in full health she would not come away from that unscathed.

Letting out a shaky, agonized breath, she cast Featherfall on the party once more. "O-okay. L-let's go..." she mumbled, trying to use as few words as possible. The pain was only getting worse in contrast to the icy air surrounding her.
  19. Tsubori

Jayden was surprised to see Yeto had grabbed... The entire damn cauldron. How strong WAS that thing?! Jayden hid his shock as he picked Abby up in a polite, dignified bridal carry. He didn't want any more mix ups with him seeming like Lando or something. 

"And... Up we go." He then jumped down, making sure Abby landed safe. When he did, he set the girl down, giving her a bowl of the soup to drink. He figured she was well enough to feed herself. 

Jayden turned back to Autumn, at the ready to catch if needed. "You need a catch, Autumn?" He called up, a smirk on his face.
  20. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

When Abigail cast featherfall on herself, Jayden, and Autumn, but Autumn still waited until the other two had leapt down before she clambered over the balcony herself. Her ribs were being more painful than she had anticipated, and she experienced this as particularly crippling... She only then dropped down, directing her fall into Jayden's waiting hands, and walked over to the cauldron of soup.

Yeto had already set to work, having carried three bowls with him as big as their heads, which nonetheless he could all hold with one hand with ease. With the other hand, he wielded an enormous ladle in order to fill the bowls with steaming hot soup. He then lowered his hand, allowing the three Hylians to grab a bowl and drink it out. "Added pumpkin found lying about, uh. Should taste even better now."

While Autumn and Abigail helped themselves to their soup, once again experiencing its healing effects, except this time a lot faster, Yeto barged over to Jayden. "Got key, uh! Should get us into bedroom where mirror is, uh!" He clapped in his enormous hands, startling Autumn. "Yeto look forward to!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.