Shifting Sands [Closed]

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Knight_of_G, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Okay. Clooby, your splashing around alerted some of the bridge guards. Fine. But your character was still out of bowshot. Edit that out, please.

And Tsub, unless Chimera wasn't in the desert, could you please edit your post so that she's charging in from the desert side (unless I misunderstood that, if so please feel free to correct me)?

I'm going to try to get along with the rest of it and post again very soon. Could we, perhaps, get another Mahirid post?
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    My only question is, how was he out of range? He was literally rebounding off the bridge itself at some points, but they most certainly could have hit him.

Also, in Tsu's post, he does clarify.
  3. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Because the crossing point, as ordered by the King, was (in my mind if no one else's) about three hundred yards downriver of the bridge. Safest place (out of bowshot), south of the bridge as directed, and less likely to get noticed.

And thanks for the info on Tsub's post.

4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Try not to get too hung up on the little details.

Cloudy's post, while ridiculous, is still his post to make. I think it's safe to assume that even if his character were within range of bowshot, the majority of swimmers would be out of it. One of the reasons Mahirid ordered one group of archers to suppress the bridge was in the possibility the swimmers ended up within range of the archers. I think it's safe to say though, as KnoG had envisioned, that most if not all the other swimmers would be out of range. Really, though, it doesn't matter that much--they made it to the other side. If Cloudy's character did dumb things on the way then that's his call.

As for the part about charging the bridge, I think Mahirid would expect to some degree that the plan would fall by the wayside once begun, especially for something so hastily put together with no real leader. The Gerudo respect him, yes, but the heat of battle can cause things to go lots of different ways. If characters want to charge the bridge, that's their call to make. If some people hesitate, then they can stay back too. The indecision might even kill people--who knows. That's just part of the RP, you know?

By the time the swimmers got across the river, though, I would expect the frontal assault to be mostly underway, since the swim would take some time. Maybe some people think that means "time to attack" and maybe some don't; again, that's up to the RPer and their character. From a "setting" standpoint of the RP, though, I guess I'd say that attacking now or at least soon would be appropriate/not suicide.

Unless other comments, concerns, questions, clarifications, etc. arise, I'll see to it that someone gets a Mahirid post up in the next day or two.
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Looking at the map, the spot where the bridge actually is is the narrowest spot for quite a while, unless you want to move somewhere around ~25 miles to the south, which would more than likely take a few hours as well as the troops being practically completely cut-off from any communication with Mahirid, let alone seeing the rest of their party advance from such a distance.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Besides, the current map (bottom one) doesn't include official locations for the bridges, and even if it did, the map is more of a reference than a true fact of setting (i.e. roleplayer's discretion).

At this point, though, it's sort of stopped being about anything regarding usefulness to the the thread and just a fight about being right or wrong. Just move on with the thread, please.
  7. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Thread's been moved, and I do hope I wasn't too presumptuous about the King having entered the fight.

If so, tell me and I can edit it.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

I posted and timeskipped. Hope no one minds. Again, tell me and I will edit it.
  9. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I was actually waiting on Raz to post so I would know what was going on, considering he had initiated a battle with a Wizzrobe (that still needs to be resolved), you had done a timeskip, and Tsu was on the opposite side of the bridge battling a darknut (but that doesn't matter as much). I guess I can post now or something.
  10. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Is that what that was? Huh. Wish he'd told me. I never played the Zelda that had Wizzrobes in it.
  11. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Clooby, get out. Just get out.

First, you did something tactically retarded with that bridge post, which alerted the enemies on the bridge to the swimmers. Second, you pulled a wizzrobe out of your ass after it was mentioned that there were only moblins and darknuts and that that would be challenging enough, and you didn't even discuss this move with me. Now you mention that the gerudo forces were 'almost wiped out/decimated'?

Delete your post and leave my thread.

Overreaction, sorry.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Raz initiated a wizzrobe fight; I threw in a few of the wind temple wizzrobes from Wind Waker (who could summon both Darknuts and lesser wizzrobes), which were taken out by NPCs.

I think you misunderstood that bit about "Their forces had nearly been wiped out." That was referring to Ganon's now routed troops, not the Gerudo forces. The Gerudo forces have suffered losses, but they are nowhere near wiped out.
  13. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Oh.

In that case, you're welcome to stay. Sorry about the overreaction. But please tell me if you'd like to do something that unexpected again. It really did throw me off.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Alright, sorry for the misunderstanding.