Shifting Sands [Closed]

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Knight_of_G, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

After a period of waiting and getting ready, Mahirid, King of the Gerudo, has ordered a march to the south. Lysis had just arrived at the fortress in search of her friend, and was detained by the guard as per security rules. She was marched along with the group until she was able to earn their trust. But they have a long journey ahead of them. And Lysis still needs to find her friend...

Lysistrata Sil, reward: 60r
    Lucian, reward: Wall Kick
    Chimera, reward: 75r
    Castus, reward: Gerudo Dragon, Helm Splitter

Well, here we go. Mod team, post here to tell me if I go out of line with anything I post in the thread.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Re: Shifting Sands [Open]

mnahg

Might as well count Lucian in; I was gonna do the same anyhow.

I guess I'll be taking Wall Kick, if it's possible to earn it this early. If not, I'll just take the sixty rupees.

Also, Knight, you can't take the Gerudo Dragon yet, since it costs 80r for Lysis.
  3. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Chimera will be joining this, and starting to save up for her companion. As a Gerudo, she gets 75 rupees
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Yes, I should clarify. If you're a Hylian aiding the army you have the ability to learn one of those two Gerudo Racials but it isn't free. I know the wording in the quest could be read either way.

Another way of putting it is "You get 60 rupees to spend on quest rewards. One of the quest rewards that you could purchase is the Gerudo Dragon, even though your character isn't a Gerudo." Does that make sense?

Keep in mind too that simply aiding gives you a less tangible reward of being recognized by the Gerudo King (and I can plan the plot further based around things like that). Consequently, that means there may be future reward opportunities down the road that increase the reward or give access to unique rewards because you're a returning contributor.

Basically, even if you don't get the Gerudo Dragon now, there may be larger rewards in the future for contributing to the plot. I've been playing around with the idea of adding a race to HC based on plot engagement, for example.

Anyway, leave a post when you guys have finalized your RP team and rewards and I'll come back through here, or you can ask questions if you'd like.
  5. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I'll throw in Castus, and take Gerudo Dragon and Helm Splitter for my rewards.
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Raz, check; Tsu, check; Knog, Gerudo Dragon needs to be deducted from the reward, also, add a link to Lysis' character sheet into your signature; Cloudzy: Wall Kick will be fine.

Raz and Tsu are clear to go.

Also, yikes, four people. :tpr:
  7. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Right, that's done. We ready?
  8. Ribitta

Cleared for take-off.
  9. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Posted, cued Clooby.

It has BEGUN.
  10. Ribitta

So it has O:

Keep in mind, if you'd like to interact with Mahirid himself then it will need to be done via the NPC. Send me a PM or drop a reply in here if you so desire such an engagement
  11. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Hey guys, just so we don't have to turn anyone away, shouldn't we change the title of this thread from open to closed?
  12. Quill

Since you're no longer accepting registrations, the title should be changed. I'll do it now.
  13. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

K. Cued Clooby again.

I'd also like a scene in which Mahirid did some battle tactics/strategy for this upcoming fight. It's his army, he'd most likely be the one to direct it.
  14. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Same again.

Moar Kingly posts, please. At least until the battle is finished, at any rate.
  15. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    oh

I should post in the thread, I think.
  16. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

If someone else wants to post, feel free. I'm knee deep in my last week of finals and such, so I probs can't get a post out till next week at the earliest.
  17. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Clooby.

1, How the hell did the archers spot the swimmers, who are, by the way, out of bowshot?
    2, the order was not given for the swimmers to charge the other end of the bridge, which is what Lysis was saying anyway. They were given the signal to cross the river. There was going to be a separate signal or sign for them to charge so that they would not all get slaughtered. Unless your character is on the end with the bulk of the forces?

Please, edit your post.
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    The majority of everyone involved in swimming to the other side has little reason to be able to actually swim in the first place; everyone except Castus, Chimera, and maybe the other Hylian forces active in their militia shouldn't be able to swim. (It mentions the Eastern Cave having a large supply of water deep within it, but it seems unlikely that they would just *let* people willingly swim around in what they drink and use to bathe.)

As for the archer bit, I'll edit that to specify. They were more or less aiming for Lucian, who was out jumping around and about, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had accidentally hit a few others as well.

There are about a hundred people total on the shore right now. It seems a little odd to me that no one else would charge with Castus, even if they knew the signal had not yet been given. Keep in mind, these are the same creatures that raided and just about razed nearly every Hylian town in Southern Hyrule, so I don't think it's not too far-fetched to say that they wouldn't have charged like I described. As for the other group that charged, it was more-or-less just them wanting to save their comrades lives, and they more than likely convinced a few of the Gerudo on that side to help them. And no, he is not on the bulk end.

I'll make any edits and whatnot when I get hom today.
  19. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

On the first point, I reiterate. OUT. OF. BOW. SHOT.

On the second point, I need to remind you that it would be odd and exceedingly out of character for any gerudo who is taking orders from her king (who they all (excepting perhaps one or two of the PCs) willingly follow) to so blatantly disobey like that. The army that Mahirid is commanding is maybe 500-600 people strong at the most generous guess, currently, probably more like 400-450. Likely 5/6ths or higher of those people are Gerudo. As in, less than 100 are Hylian. And who's to say the hylians are all in the swimmer's group?
  20. Quill

Guys, calm down. It's alright to debate stuff like this, but keep it civil. I'm not saying anything about what you're talking about, since I'm not involved enough in your thread to really know, but I do know that arguing over the smaller details is detrimental to the thread. There's come a point when you just handwave and keep posting. I'm not saying you're there yet, but keep that in mind.