Renaming Ranks

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, May 1, 2013.

?

Which names do you like for the ranks?

1. RP Newcomer, RP Regular, RP Veteran

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. RP Recruit, RP Regular, RP Veteran

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. RP Soldier, RP Knight, RP Hero

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. RP Squire, RP Knight, RP Hero

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Something else (make a suggestion below)

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hello Everyone!

We need your opinions. Due to our desire to make HC into a hybrid RP/Discussion forum we want to rename the ranks to show that they are RP related and not a site wide thing. The reason for doing this is so that it doesn't seem that if you don't want to RP on HC you can never be considered one of the valuable members. We want to make the ranks seem like a prestigious thing within the roleplay, and will come up with another way to allow members to "rank up" through merely posting discussion and other things. So that is what this poll is for, thanks for participating!
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    As I've stated in the CBox, I believe we could name the ranks much like the tiers of soldiers enemies featured in games like A Link to the Past, or Four Sword Adventure, with the ranks progressing somewhat similarly.

Instead of Knight and Hero, it would instead be Soldier and Chief Knight, making the progression like this:

Squire -> Soldier -> Chief Knight
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    RP Squire, RP Page, RP Hylian Knight

One of the lower ones can be Guard actually because the guards were a big part of the later console games.

The mods are all called Sages.
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I support this, this one is great.
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I'm a big fan of the mods being called Sages. Sage sounds really cool and definitely has a Zelda vibe to it. If I were a mod I'd totally want to be referred to as Sage. I stand by my previous vote for the other ones however.
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

The sages idea is cool, however I don't think we are going ot be renaming them just yet. However if we get a big enough discussion group going alongside a big RP group then we will have RP mods and general forum mods at which we will look into it.
  7. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I agree with Cloobs and Genz
  8. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

First off, I love the post-based pictures. My only issue is that the blue of my Iron Knuckle clashes with the blue of my name, but w/evs. XD

Mods, I think, can just stay mods for now. But like Toko said, once different mod-types start popping up, then we can get crazy with the names.

I do think that all the names should be one word. "RP [oneword]" It sounds better that way, imo, and it fits with all the other names.