PF(Experienced) Thread

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Chi, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

Starting this thread to collect both Players, Character Sheets, and Votes, and when all is said and done, begin the campaign.

First up are confirmed Players for the Experienced Thread:

Clooby
    Chaos James
    Dr. Genzo

Characters:

I want those who plan to participate to vote on what kind of campaign they want to play in, rate the titles from highest to lowest in your post.

Edge of Anarchy -
    Show Spoiler
    Korvosa, the Jewel of Varisia, has long sparkled on Varisia’s southern shore.
    Established 300 years ago by Cheliax at the height of that empire’s expansion,
    the city now commands its own destiny. A line of Korvosan kings and queens
    emerged to rule the city, establishing an infamous seat power—the Crimson Throne.
    Rulers have sat upon the Crimson Throne for more than a century, and the city
    has flourished. Yet the monarchy always seems on the brink of disaster. The
    Crimson Throne is not a prize to be won—it is a curse. No monarch of Korvosa
    has died of old age, and none have produced an heir while ruling. Even though
    King Eodred II controls Korvosa more fully than any previous monarch, that control
    remains tenuous, and many secretly count the days until their latest king falls to what
    they call the Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Bastards of Erebus -
    Show Spoiler

Even before Aroden’s death, the Council of Thieves had been an open
    secret in Westcrown. The city’s first (and most successful) thieves’
    guild, the Council of Thieves was comprised of members from
    influential and often noble families in Westcrown. Subtle and content to
    rest upon the work of past generations, these rich and affluent criminals
    grew wealthier off of all manner of smuggling, gambling, prostitution, and
    more nefarious but increasingly white collar crimes. Yet now, insurrection
    boils within the Council’s inner ranks, and if left to bloom, the resulting coup
    could engulf all of Westcrown.

Howl of the Carrion King-
    Show Spoiler
    Katapesh is a land of magic, and no magic is more potent
    than wishcraft. When wishes are abused, reality itself
    shudders as destiny is forced to reweave along paths it
    never meant to take. One such manifestation of ruptured
    fate is the Legacy of Fire, a series of events set into motion
    centuries ago by an efreeti prince named Jhavhul that only
    now are nearing their explosive end. Jhavhul’s tale, along
    with an outline of the entire Legacy of Fire Adventure
    Path, appears on page 88—read this outline first before you take your
    first step into this new campaign—but for the heroes destined to star in this
    campaign, it begins (and shall end) in the shadow of Pale Mountain.

Mystery Box A - Sandbox, more urban and politcal focus as a whole,
    Mystery Box B - Sandbox, more open, less political involvement from party, more "murderhoboing"
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I truthfully don't care which campaign we play, XD, but if I have to, I guess I can.
    (Don't let my choices affect your own. I am a horrible person to base ideas off of.)
    Choices (open)
    1st- Howl of the Carrion King
    2nd- Mystery Box B
    3rd- Edge of Anarchy
    4th- Mystery Box A
    5th- Bastards of Erebus

----
    As for my character, I'll be waiting to see what the Party is like Class-wise before I pick my own Class, as I'll play whatever the Party needs to help flesh it out.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Mystery Box B, and you should probably tell me exactly how we'll be building characters so I can come up with a half-decent build and stuff.

Following B, it would go Edge of Anarchy, A, Bastards of Erebus, and finally Howl of the Carrion King (because I hate LoF).
  4. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Bastards sounds perfect for my gang-star dhampir. I would use any character in anything of course.
    I love Katapesh so HoCK is about equal to it for my interests. Both get first place. Second goes to edge of anarchy because the mysterious political thing sounds fun.

Now I love mystery but without a given story I won't have a good enough opinion for the mystery boxes.

By the way, for chi: I am still interested in building vishkanya Eve as an oracle/barb or bloodrager so if you have anything to say about that just let me know. I'll be thinking of other character concepts in the meantime.
  5. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Bastards
    MB B
    MB A
    The other two
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  6. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

Okay so now the rules for character creation are "Anything goes", you can play any character, any race (except gnolls or race of over 15 RP) any setting and gods of your choice(Eberron, Golarion, Faerun, etc.), any class from Paizo or Dreamscarred press, any origin story you want. However I require a backstory of about 2-3 paragraphs with a hook or two. There are some noticeable exceptions, including clerics and other holy classes not being followers of gods of death(for example Golarion's Pharasma).