Petition For Guy to DM

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Magnere, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    So people (mostly me) keep pestering Guy to DM a dungeon, and then he tells people to sign a petition on the forums, Saying it in the Chatbox means nothing. He also stated
    He would like to know exactly how many people would be interested and is making me post this :P Just leave a post stating that your interested. The more people that 'sign' would make this all the more a possibility.
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    It depends on the dungeon in question, really. There's a few dungeons that I'd really like to go through, but others that I honestly already have done or am not really interested in...

Still, provided we can all agree on a dungeon, I'd be in.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I'm in this c: Seems like a fun idea!
  4. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    UD needs Dungeons Badly.

...In other words, yeah, adding my metaphorical signature here.
  5. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I honestly would like to see a dungeon where having certain items are NOT required. Such as any of the water temples, they would be almost impossible with a Zora Tunic, or some variation.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Actually Magnere, that depends on how Guy decides to build the temple. I agree that the Water-based temples in particular can be challenging, but keep in mind that if, say, I bring my Zora mage Triton, then small areas where treasures, keys, or passages leading to switches are submerged shouldn't pose a problem. The rest of the dungeon could then be comparatively dry.

Does anyone have a preference for a particular dungeon? Me, I'd love to do Sky Keep one day, so a Skyward Sword dungeon would be great for me. I already have Ancient Cistern done and I'm currently doing Lanayru Mining Facility with Squishy, so my preference would go to one of the following:
    - Skyview Temple
    - Earth Temple
    - Sandship
    - Fire Sanctuary

However, if everyone else wants to do something else, I can comply. I'll pick a character once we have a dungeon picked.
  7. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Funny, I'm also in the process of making a Zora mage. I'm not sure what dungeon I would prefer. So any dungeon would be fine with me.
  8. Squishy

Eeh I think I'd prefer to do some of the Ocarina of Time dungeons, I like those more than the Skyward Sword ones. Maybe Jabu-Jabu's belly or something?

Or we can just have Guy pick something and surprise us. :haa:
  9. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    That would work, Just tell him which of our characters will be joining, and he will pick the best on suited for everyone.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Up to Guy what we pick first, then: the dungeon, or the characters.

*starts sorting roster by currently ongoing number of RPs and number of treasures wanted*
  11. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I think I would like to finish my next character first, So I'm rushing to get her done.
  12. Guy

Guy Admin admin

That feel when someone takes you literally. :tpr:

Anyway, I'd be up for DMing something, but I'd actually prefer doing something with one of the older 2D dungeons. The less detail there is in a dungeon, the more I feel I can get away with being creative with it. Just because Eagle Labyrinth (the first dungeon of the first Zelda) is pretty dry, that doesn't mean I can't flood it, tear it apart with a volcanic earthquake, or have a crazy moldorm burrowing through the stone tiles and making a mess of things.

EDIT: But, sure, I could try DMing something. Probably Eagle Labyrinth. The problem is that there's a few too many people wanting to be in this dungeon. It's been sorted out in the shoutbox that UD volunteered to opt out, and I'm kicking out Cloud because I'm doing another RP with him. That leaves...

Chaos James
    Blonde Panther
    Squishy
    Magnere

If that's still too much, I can split ya'll into pairs. But anyway, let me know which character each of you is using, and I'll rev up the DM engine.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  13. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I'll be using Kalvar Darhun.
    I'm not sure what reward I want yet. So I'll let you know.

Edit: I'll take Hover Boots and 15 rupees
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    As agreed in the Cbox I'll be bringing Lyra, the Kokiri Healer. I'll go do a quick sweep of the Library to see if there's a particular treasure I want her to get.

Edit: Okay, since Guy is pulling out all the stops at our Healer, I'm strapping in. I'm getting Lyra Revive (10 Rupees due to W5 and Specialty), Detox (20 Rupees due to the same reasons), and the 10 leftover rupees.
  15. Squishy

I'm gonna use Clarence and probably regret it tomorrow.
  16. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas Walker will be my contribution to this adventure. He will be questing for a pair of Pegasus Boots, leaving a grand total of five (5) rupees left over as pocket change.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Uhhh... that awkward moment when you realize you took Detox as a reward in the sub-account debacle. Can I still change it to Purify? It has the same cost.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sure, Blondie