Pathfinder: Campaign of Guy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Somehow, last night, eight individuals from HC spontaneously began the planning stages of a Pathfinder (aka Dungeons & Dragons E3.5+) campaign, with myself as the GM. This thread will be used to log anything the entire group should know, but most importantly plan a time when all of us (or at least most of us) will be able to get on Skype and play.

Since there's already such a ridiculous amount of people involved, I'm going to say right away that no one else can join as a player. If you just want to spectate, however, and have Skype, that might be allowed.

Players & Characters (open)
    For the record, when we're actually playing, I'll probably refer to everyone as their character's name. (It might take a little while before I remember them all, though, considering there's friggin' seven of you.)

Boris Yeltson (WillowtheWhisp)
    Half-elf Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    aka: The one person who might know what he's doing.

Stoolrump O'Malley (Cloudy)
    Human Fighter
    Neutral Good
    aka: The only meatshield, who thankfully had amazing ability rolls.

Grenge Shishold
    (Eevachu)
    Elf Wizard
    Unknown Alignment
    aka: I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Amrunelara Lefuge (Chi)
    Elf Magus
    Chaotic Good
    aka: Amy. Not even Chi knows how to friggin' pronounce that.

Jasmine Hondo (Doc Genz)
    Kitsune Oracle
    Chaotic Good
    aka: Wait where do Kitsunes come from? What are their racial abilities? Which deity do they--doesn't even matter, everyone wants to fuck her anyway.

Kaleb Fatfoot (SenpaiPancake Jarin)
    Halfling Rogue
    Unknown Alignment
    aka: If you want to steal, you need points in Sleight of Hand. If you want to lie, you need points in Bluff. If you want to--

Jack Wabba (adad64)
    Gnome Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    aka: Bards and shit.

Havok Malgore (Guy)
    Half-Orc Barbarian
    Chaotic Neutral
    aka: Stoner.

So. I'm unusually busy this weekend, and won't be able to do either tonight (Feb10), tomorrow (Feb11), or Tuesday (13th). I could be able to do virtually every other night in the next couple weeks, though. What about the rest of you?
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As I predicted, no one got everything right on their character sheet so far. That's okay, though. We pretty much rushed through a complicated thing which none of you have done before (at least not on myth-weavers and for Pathfinder). Anyway, here's what I've noticed so far that needs to be fixed:

Adad: I still need you to actually make your sheet in myth-weavers and send me the link. (Your original ability scores are 10, 12, 16, 17, 17, 5 for the record.)

Jarin: I'm pretty sure you were using myth-weavers to make your character, but either I lost the link or you didn't send it to me, so I'll need that.

Cloud, Genzo, & SM: Under your skills, in the misc. mod column, take out the 3's. I didn't realize myth-weaver's sheets automatically gave you your class skill bonus, so you don't need to add it in yourself.

Cloud: From your Special Abilities you can remove, "+2 to One Ability Score," "Medium," "Normal Speed," "Bonus Feat," and "Languages." These are pretty much implied elsewhere on your character sheet.

Genzo: Write in "8" as your HP Total. This is derived from your class's base (8 for Oracle) plus your Con mod (which is zero for you).

Genzo: You can't yet qualify for the Fox Shape feat, as you need a Base Attack Bonus of +3. Right now, as a Lv1 Oracle, your BAB is 0, and won't become +3 until Lv4. Sorry, you'll have to choose another feat.

Genzo: For being a Kitsune, add in the following special abilities: "Low-Light Vision," "Change Shape," and "Kitsune Magic" (in addition to dancing lights 3/day). Put them in the same place you put your feats. You'll also want to familiarize yourself with what these abilities do.

SM: For being an Elf, add in the following special abilities: "Low-Light Vision," "Elven Immunities," "Elven Magic," and "Weapon Familiarity." Put them in the same place you put your feats. You'll also want to familiarize yourself with what these abilities do. Also for being Elven, you get an inherit +2 to your Perception skill; add 2 under Misc. Mods for the appropriate skill.

Will: As a Human, you gain the "Skilled" special ability. This grants you an additional skill point at every level, including first level. You can go ahead and add that in too.

Chi: Check off all of the class skills for Magus. Right now, only Spellcraft is checked.

Will: Check of all of Alchemist's class skills, not just the ones you've put a rank in.

:sarcasm:

Now then, the next thing is to fill in all this fancy information that we've yet to get started on properly.

In the top right corner of your sheet: Current XP should be 0. Next Level XP should be 1300. XP Change should be n/a. XP Speed should be F (for fast). Campaign should be "Campaign of Guy," or "Guy's," or whatever. Deity can be almost anything you want...

Deities: In Pathfinder, most characters have one single deity out of many they worship in particular, usually because it grants them favor in something they desire (such as a farmer worshiping a goddess of harvest). That said, you cannot choose a deity if you so wish (my characters often don't), but being "Atheist" in this world is stupid, as clerics and planeswalkers can prove deities exist virtually without a doubt. Choosing multiple deities is very unusual, but I wouldn't prevent you from doing that. While Pathfinder has some canon deities, I find it more interesting to make up our own for a campaign. That said, if you make up a deity, all you have to do is choose a name for now, but I might ask you to pull some information out of your ass about him/her/it later on.

Your current HP right now should be equal to your total HP, unless there's a sword in your back. Next to that, Nonlethal damage should be zero, unless someone punched you in the face immediately before this campaign began. Next to that, Hit Dice should be 1; this is usually equal to your total character level. Everyone's damage reduction should be 0, as none of you are that amazing yet.

Down below that a bit, you'll find the Speed box. Most races have a speed of 30 ft (6 squares). Halfling and Gnome have a speed of 20 ft (4 squares). As you may have guessed, this determines how far your character can move across the battle grid in one turn. As we won't be using a battle grid, it won't be as significant.

To the right of that, you'll find "Armor Type." Your characters shouldn't have any armor yet. If they did, however, what would be written here is either Light, Medium, or Heavy depending on the armor's description. Heavier armor places restrictions on mobility, and sometimes other effects will depend on armor type.

Below this, you should find your three saving throws: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. Allow me to explain these three attributes for those who many not know.

Normally when your character is faced with certain kinds of threats, you'd have to "roll a saving throw" to try and resist it. You'd roll a d20, and add your corresponding saving throw to the result. If your saving throw exceeded the threat rating, then you'd be fine; otherwise, you'd suffer ill effects. For instance, say your character was poisoned. As this would be a test of your bodily fortitude, it would be a Fortitude save. You rolled a 13, and added your Fortitude of 5 to that, making it a total of 18. If the poison threat was 16, your Fortitude would have saved you there. Reflex of course represents your bodily reflexes, and would be useful in evading sprung traps and the like. Will represents one's mental willpower, and generally is used to resist the harmful effects of spells.

Anyway, your Saving Throws are determined primarily as a base determined by your class, plus the corresponding Ability Modifier. The latter myth-weavers should have already put there for you. (Fortitude takes the Con Mod, Reflex takes Dex, and Will takes Wis.) The base you should be able to find on the SRD site, on your corresponding class's page. Obviously you'll take the bonuses for 1st level. As you can see, though, your base saves will go up as your level increases. As you progress in this campaign, you may be able to increase your saves through other means, such as enhancing spells or magical equipment.

Below this section, you'll find "Melee," "CMB" (Combat Manuever Bonus), and "Ranged." These determine the accuracy of your attacks for each of the three corresponding types of attacks. Like skills and saving throws, when you attempt to make an attack, you roll a d20. The corresponding Attack Bonus (one of the three just listed) is added to this result, as well as any bonuses from your weapons or other modifiers. This result is then compared with the target's AC (Armor Class). If the prior exceeds the latter, you hit. Therefore, you want your Attack Bonuses to be higher, so you can hit more often (especially in D&D and Pathfinder, as you hit much less often compared to most video games).

Anyway. Each of these three ABs are determined by adding your Base Attack Bonus (BAB; determined by class), Str Mod or Dex Mod (which should have been added in already by myth-weavers), size mod (which should be 0 for most races, but +1 for Halflings or Gnomes), and other bonuses you must receive from supernatural effects.

As with saves, you can see your BAB on your respective character's sheet; like saves, this will go up as your level increases. Coincidentally, I believe our Fighter is the only one with a BAB of 1. Everyone else's right now should be 0.

As you may have guessed, Melee is for melee attacks such as fists and swords. Ranged is for ranged attacks, such as longbows or thrown weapons, and is the only one of the three to use Dex. CMB stands for Combat Manuever Bonus, and is used when making special combat maneuvers such as attempting to trip an opponent, push him over a ledge, etc.

So.

:tpr:

That's out of the way. What remains are your class features, spells if you're a spellcaster, and your starting equipment.

If you haven't already done so, find your corresponding class page on this marvelous website we've been using. Look at your class table. The level, BAB, and saves should be familiar to you now. Go over one, and look under the "Special" column for the 1st level row. Here are your class's special abilities at Lv1. Scroll down and browse through the description for each.

If you feel you need to write these down in your Special Abilities section, then do so.

An important thing I'd like to note is that many of you will have to make decisions here. For instance, Grenge the Wizard must have an Arcane Bond: but does he want it with an animal familiar, or a magical object? Which kind of object or creature? Weigh your options carefully, as I won't allow you to change these decisions later unless I'm feeling particularly merciful. Also, for features which require you to make a decision, be sure to note that decision somewhere on your character sheet.

Now then, spellcasters; e.g., pretty much everyone except the fighter and the rogue. On your class page, read "Spells"... understand it... absorb it... because it's important and really hard to explain. Make sure to note your spells per day, and add in any bonus spells per day you may have for possessing a high Int/Wis/Cha score.

Most spellcasters will have to choose which spells they want to learn, as most of you already have. Those with spellbooks (Magus and Wizard, in this party) will be able to essentially copy-pasta each others' spells into their own spellbook, if their class is able to learn them. However, considering arcane spells are complicated as fuck, what that really means is you can attempt to copy-pasta a spell; and if you fail to copy the spell, you can't do it again until next level, iirc. Every attempt costs a bit of bling for ink and materials, too, and every spell takes up some space in your spellbook.

Alchemists are a bit unique, in that they can copy from wizard and magus spellbooks, but magus and wizards cannot copy from an Alchemist's book... as it's actually a formulae book which essentially turns spells into scientific formulae for potions.

For some classes (those with spellbooks in particular), spells must be prepared ahead of time and cannot be spontaneously cast. Make sure you read up in there about how to do this.

:wtf:

There might be some issues about that, since I suppose I didn't explain it very thoroughly. Oh well. Onto equipment.

In your class page, there should be a section above your class table which reads, "Starting Wealth." Ignore the dice rolling and just take the average amount of gp (gold pieces) in parenthesis.

Then, go check out the equipment part of the site. Buy all the shit you want with your allotted gold pieces. Like on HC, you aren't really purchasing all your starting equipment right now; in most cases, you've had it a while, potentially even years.

Anyway, everyone's obviously going to want at least one weapon, since no one here is proficient in bare-handed combat (unless the Kitsune wants to bite everyone). Armor is also of importance.

You should try to use weapons and armor with which you are proficient. This is primarily determined by your class, with weaponry you're apt with listed by "Weapon and Armor Proficiency," immediately under your class table. Some races--mainly Elves and Half-Orcs--may be proficient with additional weaponry due to racial heritage. You can, of course, also take the corresponding feat(s) to become proficient with a certain kind of weapon or armor, which for some class builds is actually very worth it. If you use weapons or armor with which you are not proficient, however, your accuracy plummets.

Most arcane spellcasters (with notable exceptions) who wear virtually any armor or carry shields will have a failure chance whenever they try to cast spells with somatic components (which includes most spells). Oracles, Clerics, and most divine spellcasters do not have this penalty.

Those with high Dex scores, especially Rogues, may want to avoid wearing heavier armor. All Armor provides an effective cap on your Dex mod, which affects everything Dex affects, from ranged weapons, to AC, to sleight of hand. The lightest armor doesn't stop Dex until a whopping +8 mod. By contrast, virtually all mundane heavy armor limits it at either +1 or even 0. Note that there are ways to increase your Dex later on, through both magical means and purely by leveling up. (Every four levels, you can increase any single one of your ability scores by one. Increasing the same score by two will increase the corresponding modifier by one.) In addition, however, there exist special materials and other means which can make heavier armor less restrictive without making it less effective.

All that said, the heavier your armor, the greater your AC (Armor Class) bonus and therefore the harder you are to hit. A Fighter with >20 AC is everyone's best friend or most hated adversary.

Rightso. Weapons. I'm going to say right now that anyone with cantrips (that means you, Wizard) has practically no need for a weapon. You can cast a prepared Acid Splash in place of a regular attack, and it will probably be better than anything your scrawny form could dish out with sword.

As for everyone else, there are upsides and downsides to virtually every kind of weapon set you could proficiently wield. Consider all the aspects of different weapons. For instance, a fighter can dish out more damage with a two-handed weapon, but becomes a much better defender if he instead opts for a shield and one-handed weapon. A Rogue can't deal as much damage with a Dagger as he can a Rapier, but he can throw Daggers as well as he can fight up-close with them, and can hide them on his person more easily.

Although it is possible to wield two one-handed weapons, ala "dual wielding," you're virtually never going to hit unless you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, as you suffer large penalties to your Attack Bonuses. Even after acquiring that feat, you still suffer slight penalties, and are arguably just as well off with a two-handed weapon under most class builds.

Anyway, although weapons and armor are important, they're far from the only things to consider. If you don't pack rations, you're either going to have to find food or die. If you don't pack flint and steel, alongside some form of lamp, you're not going to see in the dark of night, or a cave, or a dungeon (especially considering no one in this party is a Dwarf or Half-Orc with darkvision). Without a bedroll, you likely won't sleep well in wilderness, and that could come back to bite you. Thieves' Tools will make you better at picking locks. An Alchemist's Lab will make you better with Craft(Alchemy) checks. Good luck copying each others' spellbooks if you don't even have an ink and quiver. And you'd be amazed at just how useful some rope can be. That's not to mention, you're going to need a backpack or some form of storage for all this junk you're carrying. (It is assumed, however, that your weapons come with a corresponding sheath, quiver, or other means of appropriate storage.)

What gp you don't spend on starting equipment becomes your actual money. If you need change, keep in mind that 1 gold piece (gp) = 10 silver pieces (sp) = 100 copper pieces (cp). Generally speaking, it's easier if you just keep track of gp and cp.

:yomp:

Fucking shit, this is longer than expected. Anyway, your character sheets should be finished now if you've done all that. This is assuming, of course, I didn't forget to mention half a dozen things. Regardless of whether or not you're finished now, I would appreciate it if everyone could tell me the following:

1. The myth-weavers link to your character sheet, if it isn't in the original listing.

2. Your character's general appearance; either a description or a picture is acceptable. In addition, I will need a reason they would be traveling and/or be adventurers. You could also go into personality or backstory, or other details, if you'd like. On that note, Genzo, I'm going to assume Kitsunes hail from a land to the far east of where this campaign will begin, if that is alright with you.

3. Whether you would prefer this campaign to be serious (Boris Yeltson, Amrunelara Lefuge) or silly (Stoolrump O'Malley). Little annoys me more as a GM than someone who's taking everything deep and dead-serious, paired with someone who's going around pissing on Kobold corpses. If you have any other preferences for setting or campaign design, let me know those as well.

4. Which nights over the next two weeks you would be able to play.

EDIT: Oh, one other thing. We're not playing with traits, hero points, action points, or psionics.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    1. Here it is again.

2. Already a picture in my character sheet. As is typical of the Alchemist class, Boris is looking to make a Grand Discovery, hopefully to do with explosives. Explosions. He likes them.

3. Do not care, either would be fun, but a comedic campaign might be the best for this set of people.

4. I'm basically free any night, as long as we schedule it before-hand. I usually am playing League of Legends during the night, but if you can catch me before I get on, or tell me sometime earlier in the day, I can basically do this instead. Fridays are especially good for me, as I have no class, likewise for Thursdays, since I don't have to worry about class the next day. I might not be available this coming Wednesday night, as I have my calculus Midterm on that Thursday. There might also be a physics midterm sometime on the week after next, so I'll keep you guys posted. I'm good basically all weekend, as well as Mondays, since I have class from 9-12 on those Monday.
  4. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

1. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=369919 Just about done.

2. A gnome with wild black hair and an omnipresent smile. I haven't put too much thought into his appearance other than that, I'm more focused on his personality.

3. I would actually prefer a serious campaign. My guy would do well in a silly campaign if we decide to go that way, but I've played both styles and I have too many bad experiences with silly ones.

4. Pretty much whenever as of now. I'll post if something changes.
    Edit: I'm going to be busy for a lot of tonight.
  5. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

Here's Amy

2 Blonde hair shoulder length, big blue eyes, typical. Wild Child who goes about doing what she wishes and believes is right

3 I would prefer a balance between the two, if leaning towards a more serious campaign

4 Open nearly every night of the week up to 11-12, but the best times are tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and the weekend.
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    1 Yes, I am here.
    my nuts
    2. He's got this like asshole-ish look plastered on his face, because he's really smug. He likes helping people, his constant attempts at getting rewards being cock blocked by being put under the label of 'Good Deeds'. He's got pretty young features; not developing any particular age dependent features (crow's feet). His hair isn't too long, being cut every so often at his own discretion. He also has developed a bit of a tan, due to his frequent wandering about.
    3. A mix of both with plenty of time for lovely fox ladies :U
    4. Any time
  7. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    1. got it

2. Jasmine has light auburn fur and sky-blue eyes. In her fox form she has long ears and a bushy tail like a chimney brush. In human form she either maintains many of her feral traits or appears fully human. In this form she has deep orange hair that stops around where her neck starts, and is mostly straight. She wears a skirt of two translucent silk squares on the front and back, held up on a leather belt with her under cloth. On her upper body is a blouse with similar pink coloration, both pieces of which are lined with exotic patterns. A long silk boa flows around her neck, which she can use as a dancing ribbon. Fastened to her belt is her sheathed dagger on the right side. She often wears a white veil over her face when being secretive or businesslike. She does not wear shoes, as to keep her style of walking consistent at all times. On her forehead is a decorative gem faceted in gold and chained to her head elegantly. Her forearms and ankles are wrapped in white cloth for warmth and protection from scraping.

3. don't mind much, anything that requires my character to straighten up will probably be alright

4. every night I should be free until around the 20th
  8. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

1. Grenge putting on his robe and wizard's hat

2. He wears a robe and wizard's hat. Also an Armored Kilt. They are all blue. He is a wizard, doing wizard things. Like learning spells and exploring stuff to learn about it.

3. Doesn't matter with me, preferably a mix of both.

4. I won't be able to play at all this weekend, but otherwise for most of the weekday I can play at nights. Best times are Friday or Saturday nights, though.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Re: Pathfinder: Campaign of Guy/Will

I noticed Jarin still has posted in response to this thread. :wtf:

Anyway, because this is such a large amount of people for one campaign, Will volunteered to join as a second GM, and we're now splitting up the group up into two separate parties. Guy GMs Eevachu, Chi, Cloud, and Will. Will GMs Genzo, Jarin, Adad, and Guy. The parties will adventure within the same world, but obviously since there is some crossover (the GMs also want to be players), it's unlikely that the two groups will ever go off and adventure simultaneously.

Also, apparently Will and I are both eventually going to have Alchemist characters. Because Alchemists are just that cool.

So, here's a recap of the significant events which occurred last night in my group:

Recap (open)
    >There wandered Elven Mages, who hail from Silveil and studied arcane magic together, known as Grunge the Wizard (SM) and Amy the Magus (Chi). They found themselves in a small, run-down outpost of a town, which, according to some sign, is called "Vourgburg."

>The Elves met a constipated human whose name they eventually found out to be Stoolrump (Cloud).

>After finding a corpse and realizing the town was mostly barren, poor, and entirely run-down, they did meet a Half-Orc whose name they never asked, who appeared to be running an Alchemy shop. Stoolrump made a great effort to shit on the floor of his bathroom. Meanwhile, Grunge learned from him that there was a mysterious disease which killed off someone who contracted it within a month; symptoms included thinning of the teeth, and various other facial distortions. The citizens who hadn't already died had left. Strangely, one of the leaders of the town was trying to get folks to stay.

>Finding it suspicious, the group tried to talk to this chief. When they arrived at what they assumed to be his place, they found it guarded. When asked to state their business, it seemed Stoolrump began to draw his weapon, and the lot of them were thus quickly intimidated away from the building.

>As time grew into the evening, the Elves decided to leave town, and ended up wandering through the forest until Grunge got a spear through the back from an unexpected Kobold. He and Amy proceeded to lay the smack down on him and one of his friends, before recovering from their bodies a net total of 26 CP (1 for Grunge, 25 for Amy) and a vial of a mysterious brown liquid... which the local Alchemist, the Half-Orc they met earlier, later revealed to be a martial poison which could be coated to a blade; it had an instantaneous affect of weakening the strength of one injured by it, but otherwise had no real long-term effects.

>Meanwhile, Stool was headed out the north of the village, towards a mountain that even he was able to see. On the way there, just outside the village, he was ambushed by a pair of tiny pale-blue humanoids with bulbous heads and massive eyes, donned mostly in black. Though he managed to slay one, together their sneaky tactics managed to knock him unconscious.

>After suffering a wound, the Elves decided to rest up at the town's local inn (which was probably the only one in the village). It costed only 1sp per person per night, but the beds were hard, and the food next morning was even harder. Amy felt nauseated from it.

>Throughout the night, Grunge woke up occasionally in a place he no longer remembers, recalling only being bound in ropes as one or more of the tiny blue humanoids forced him to swallow some form of foul-tasting liquid all night long as he drifted in and out of consciousness. The next morning, he woke up approximately where he had been knocked out, albeit so weakened and sore he was barely able to drag himself about, but now, his teeth were aching like crazy...

>The party re-grouped at the town's tiny square (which is really hard to miss, considering the place is just two intersecting roads). Stool informed them, and eventually the Half-Orc he met earlier, about what had happened last night. The fellow wasn't of much help, but he found it interesting.

>So, even though Grunge had only slightly recovered from his wound the other day, and Stool was still barely conscious, the lot of them decided to head north and out of the village--the direction in which Stool had been assaulted before. The morning was spent trekking a short distance until a cave was found at the base of a mountain; they could deduce that it was a cave probably used for mining.

>After going down various twists and turns, the group found themselves once again ambushed by creatures identical to the ones they met earlier; two of them. Stoolrump was knocked out almost immediately, and the Elves managed to emerge victorious, if only barely so... Their loot was taken in the form of six vials of a pale brown liquid, and six vials of a pale blue liquid. Grunge's
    Detect Poison could identify the liquids as poisonous, but could not ascertain the effects of the poison. Amy managed to bring Stool to consciousness. Seeing better days, the group decided to make it back to the town before heading any deeper.

>The only thing that might have stopped them was a rather harmless Giant Fire Beetle. Despite the fact that Stool was barely conscious, he was mere seconds away from missing it and being knocked for a third time, this instance by an insect.

That isn't how I expected things to go (it never is), and I'm not sure I could call it an epic quest, but at least we made some progress and everyone more or less got the hang of things, eventually. Anyway, IT IS TIME FOR DELICIOUS EXPERIENCE POINTS.

For killing the two Kobolds, you get 200 XP. For the three blue things that were slain, you get another 600 XP. For the poisons, hazards, and other threats you've faced, I'm going to throw on another free 100 XP. This brings your total to 900 XP, which can be divided among yourselves in whatever way you can agree upon. Obviously, splitting it evenly would give everyone who participated 300 XP.
  10. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Derp. Forgot to hit submit last night. :tpr:

1. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=369789

2. He has abnormally large feet, as well as eyes that always seem to be wide as saucers. His hair is shaggy and black, and always seems to be getting in the way of his eyes, which are a piercing blue. He wears modest padded cloth clothing that match his hair in color. /toolazytomakeaneffortrightnow

Reason for adventuring
    Serious campaign: He's broke and just needs some good cash.
    Not so serious: Looking for some kitty, if you know what I mean. :sarcasm:

3. Doesn't matter to me. :tpr:

4. Sunday-Thurday: 9-12PM, Friday and Saturday: Usually 9 to 2/3ish.
  11. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    For Genzo:

Present (open)
    1. Armor Type: Listed directly left of the “click to link image” box: Put “Medium” here. (We'll get to this later)

2. Remove Meteor Hammer from Weapons list.

3. Next to Dagger, Total Attack Bonus: Put -2 here (This is your strength modifier). Damage: Put “1d4-2” here. You can leave Special Properties and Ammunition blank.

4. Armor/Protective Item: Go find and buy (using your starting gold) a medium armor piece listed under Armor here. List in this area, checking “worn” and copying the appropriate information. I recommend buying “Hide” armor, as it is cost effective and offers a moderate Armor bonus to armor class. Whatever armor you choose, take the “Armor/Shield Bonus” listing (should be +X) and put it the “Armor” field of your AC. This is located just below your listed HP, one box to the right.

5. Feats and Special abilities: Under Dancing Lights, list it as “Dancing Lights 3/day”. Remove Orisons from this list. Once you've chosen you're revelation, list it as “Rev. (the name of your Revelation). If you are still keeping Skill Focus: Diplomacy, leave this here. If not, delete it.

6. Skills: Under Acrobatics, in the Misc Mod column, type in “2” (you receive a racial bonus to Acrobatics as a Kitsunes). If you are not keeping Skill Focus: Diplomacy, remove the +3 under the Misc Mod column for Diplomacy.

7. Spells and Powers: List Dancing Lights as “Dancing Lights (3/day)”, Remove [Haunted, Revelation, Orisons, and Mystery (Life)] from this list. Add “(0th)” to the end of each following spell [Guidance, Mending, Create Water, Stabilize]. Add Cure Light Wounds at the end of your list. Add “(1st)” to the end of each following spell [Tap Inner Beauty, Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds]. Above the list should be a section called “Number of Spells/Powers Known”. We will use this section to keep track of how many spells of each level you can cast a day, rather than how many you know. Next to 0, put “N/A” (you can cast 0th level spells as many times as you want). Next to 1, put “3” (at 1st level, you can cast up to three level one spells per day, from your known 1st level spells, of which you also have three).
  12. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    So, my group's first session is done. I guess it went pretty okay :tpr: Anyways, Recap.

Recap (open)
    Character List:
    Adad as Jack (Derp 1)
    Jarin as Kaleb (Derp 2)
    Genzo as Jasmine (Derpette)
    Guy as Havok (High Derp)

Our adventure began with Kaleb and Jack, who arrived at the south gate of the town Mzantil. The two looked at the gate, noticing that there was a rather large group of travelers at the entrance, but no one seemed to be entering the city. Instead, the guards seemed to be keeping them out. There was also a dwarf with the guards, who was continually chiding them for not allowing travelers into the city. After debating with each other, Jack and Kaleb decided to try their luck with the guards. The guards explain to them that travelers from the south are not permitted into the city, as a disease has struck a town to the south of Mzantil. Not wishing for the plague to spread, the guards had orders to keep travelers from entering.

Not to be deterred, however, Jack instead decided to lie to the guards, telling the guards that they had come from the north, and had somehow managed to make their way the south gate. With crossed, derpy eyes, the guard responded by saying that they seemed like good men, that wouldn't lie to the guards, and let them into the town. Meanwhile...

Our other adventurers found themselves in the city, having entered before the "no strangers" policy had been put into effect. Recovering from a daze of a colorful universe, Havok stumbled his way out of an alleyway, in search of work in order to continue his unhealthy habit of smoking orc weed. Looking around, he notices what looks to be tiny outhouses, made of stone and completely without windows. He walks over to one and opens the door, peering down to see stairs that led deep into the earth. However, before he could take a step down, a dwarf stopped him, claiming that only dwarfs were allowed in the undercity. The half-orc scowled at the dwarf, who promptly soiled himself and let the half-orc pass. Jasmine, who was nearby, working the street corner, saw this strange occurrence and decided to pursue the half-orc, bluffing to the still shaking dwarf.

Returning to our two brigands, we find that they decided to walk up to a random citizen and intimidate him. Suffering a bout of indecision, the citizen drew his sword and then sheathed it, not really sure what to make of the god damn bipolar rogue and bard. As the man walked off, however, Jack was struck in the shoulder by a crossbow bolt. Seeing a fleeting shadow in a nearby alley, he pursue his attacker and promptly shoots him with his own crossbow. After receiving some information as to why the citizens were so hostile, Jack delivered a coup' de grace, slaying his assailant. Apparently not paying much attention, Kaleb finally notices that his ally was shot and derps over to the alleyway, only to see a dead, naked corpse on the ground. The two then made their way to a tavern across the street.

Entering the establishment, Kaleb approaches one of his kin to try and gain some information. After finally deciding that being hostile to the kender was a bad idea, he finds out that the Baron didn't want travelers in town, and that there was some sort of sickness floating about. After finding out the location of the baron from the bartender, Jack finally removed the crossbow bolt from his shoulder. The two then decide to derp their way towards the Barn Lars' estate. But, beneath them...

Jasmine was busy staring at everything. After meeting Havok, the two proceeded into the dwarven undercity, and were apparently transfixed by every little thing, especially the shiny ores. After staring at the psychedelic colors, Havok finally decided that he should probably find work. Asking around, he was promptly directed towards the Foreman, who gave Havok and Jasmine work: they would receive 5 gp per killed rat. The two venture off into the tunnels to kill some rats. After an epic struggle, where Jasmine and Havok brutally abused a rat before finally putting it out of its misery, the two returned to the foreman with two rat heads, neting them ten gold pieces.

Okay, time for EXP/Loot, etc.

For Adad/Jarin: 300 EXP for killing the crossbowman split between you however you want (though Kaleb did absolutely nothing). Additionally, a Light Crossbow, 5 bolts, and 2 phials of unidentified poison were looted.

For Guy/Genzo: 100 EXP per rat, netting 200 EXP for both rats. Additionally, you guys both got 50 EXP for intimidating/bluffing the dwarf, respectively, also putting you both also at a total of 300 EXP. Split this however you want, between you two. Loot wise, you guys received 10 GP for killing the two rats, split between you however, though the foreman still says that there are still more rats to be killed.

Edit: :tpr: I woke up with a sore throat this morning, so I'm not sure if I can GM tonight. We'll see how it's doing when we get there, I guess.

Double Edit: My session is gonna be tomorrow, Monday, for those of you who don't already know. It'll start whenever everyone is on, and ready to go, and probably go until basically whenever.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

These recaps take so much effort. :wtf: I think I'm not going into as much detail this time... even though more happened this time than the previous.

Recap (open)
    After heading back into the town, the three stooges met a random Half-Elf Bard (Will) who just happened to be traveling through the town. Feeling sorry for just how pathetic they were, Boris the Bard used a couple rounds of Cure Light Wounds to heal them, and somehow ended up following (stalking) them back to Vourgberg's only inn.

The self-proclaimed "derpy wizard" proceeded to meditate for about 50 hours, which everyone else didn't seem to notice nor care about. The next day, through a roundabout series of events, the group tried to prepare thay day for a second excursion into the cave. They tried to inform the townspeople, recruit help, or figure out the creatures' weaknesses. Just about the only thing they accomplished was learning if you wanted to attack one of these "Mite" creatures with a weapon, you are better off using a weapon made of cold iron. As such, they contracted the local (and apparently only surviving) blacksmith to make them a battle axe of this material, which would later be used by Stoolrump.

For the rest of the day, Boris performed in the townsquare of what was a dying, diseased town. Because they were so pathetic and miserable, the spectacular performance was enough for the Bard to earn some chump change. Meanwhile, Amy and Stoolrump nearly killed themselves fighting a single mysteriously-enraged boar. After bringing Stump to death's door and knocking Amy to the ground, it simply huffed and walked away, as if killing them was only to vent its anger.

Amy dragged her dying friend back to town, and managed to get to the townsquare by evening. The bard facepalmed and healed them again. The lot returned to the inn, the middle-aged woman behind the counter flirted with the Half-Elf (again), and everyone slept. The Elf continued to meditate, which no one bothered to question.

The next day, the local blacksmith--Ben--had prepared the cold iron battle axe early. Seeing as he was alone, angry, and depressed (apparently due to the, you know, plague), it was easy for the group to recruit him into the party, though he obviously wasn't to eager about it. Regardless, he brought along rather high-quality shimmering armor and weapons made by his own hand.

And so the party dived back into the cave. After passing by some harmless Giant Fire Beetles, they made it pretty far into the cave... Following scratch marks along the walls they had noticed earlier, they avoided the countless side-paths leading into darkness. And then, someone looked up, and noticed a swarm of countless fist-sized spiders descending upon them.

After flailing about and stomping around, ultimately everyone managed to survive without succumbing to spider venom, the only significant casualty being various bite marks on their legs. Ben screamed and ran away.

Shortly thereafter, out from one of the shadows leaped a Mite in familiar black clothing, whose dagger tore into Stoolrump's leg. Unable to resist the poison coating the blade, he immediately slumpped to the ground, unconscious. Thinking quickly, Amy snatched up his cold iron battleaxe and promptly cleaved the Mite in two, dispatching it as quickly as it came. Within a minute's time, Stoolrump managed to overcome the poison, and returned to consciousness.

Continuing on without Ben, the party delved deeper and deeper... until finding themselves in a large open chamber, so large that Stoolrumps' torch couldn't even see the end of it. And that's when Stoolrump stumbled into a massive web twice his height.

What ensued was a battle with a Mite riding a giant spider. While the spider shot webbing and leaped forth with venomous fangs, the Mite--who was put to sleep promptly by Boris' magic--didn't even wake up and attack before it was slain. The group managed to survive, but just when they thought it was over, a blast of web shot out from the darkness and immobilized Amy, then another came for Boris. Eventually two more spiders and their riders emerged from the darkness... taking on the already-weakened intruders. Throughout the battle, the adventurers were constantly ensnared in webbing, and struggling to break out of it with varying success. Aided by Amy's magic, Stoolrump grew to twice his height, and promptly crushed one of the giant spiders as if it was a mere ant beneath his axe. Though injuries were sustained, the rest of the onslaught was dealt with...

...Thinking it would be better to return to the surface and recover, the group began to venture back out. Along the way, they ran into Ben, who delivered unto Stump the antidote to the disease--crafted by the local Alchemist the group had met earlier--and five Cure Light Wounds potions. He brought word that the Alchemist had discovered the disease's cure, and that within a couple weeks, everyone in the town should be cured, and credit for this was giving in part to the adventurers. He further explained that he returned with the potions, hoping that he could redeem himself in aiding in the fight... only to realize it seemed to already be over.

Just as the group was almost out of the cave, a wall of spears abruptly shut up from the ground at the cave's entrance, severing a toe off Ben's foot. Emerging from the corrdior opposite the entrance and where the group came from, emerged a rather important-looking Mite in shimmering black armor and wielding a spear, another Mite in dark gray robes, and a third Mite riding yet another giant spider.

Thanks in large part to the potions brought to their aid, the already-winded group managed to resist the robed one's spell effects, deal with the spider's webbing and poison, and evade every single damn attack made by the spear-wielder. Meanwhile, Ben spent the entire fight trying to struggle out of the spider's webbing that bound him near the beginning of the battle. It was a glorious victor overall, however.

After looting the corpses, the barely-surviving group gradually smashed down the spears blocking their exit, and made it out... just in time to see a familiar boar with a scar across its hide charging headlong towards the group, squealing in fury, as one of its friends charged along with it at either side.

Curses were shouted and prayers were made, but cavalry managed to arrive shortly after the boars. Though no one (outside of Amy and Stoolrump) had any clue what provoked these animals, three Half-Orcs from the villaged managed to falchion to death one of the boars, while Grunge--fresh from his deep meditation--completely and instantly roasted the third boar with an explosion of searing flames he just mastered. Finally, the fourth Half-Orc, a Cleric, healed Ben, and he promptly managed to be remotely useful in combat by finishing off the final boar.

Utterly victorious, the group rode back to town with the Half-Orcs upon their scruffy steeds. Discussion was made of how celebrations would go for Vourgberg's triumph over its plague, as well as how they would reward the adventurers who--with D'verik's help--managed to save them all.

Other events:
    >Amy and Stoolrump found again the corpses of the two Kobolds Amy and Grunge slayed previously.
    >Stoolrump always has horrid nightmares, which he assumes are caused by his deity.
    >Boris dreamed he was a tree-person carved into a coffee table, and found that coffee table in the inn the next morning.
    >Boris found in the inn a book written in Draconic, the title roughly translating to, "The Teachings of Gevorek." The group managed to deduce that this Gevorek was a deity revered primarily by Kobolds.
    >The group met an unusually official-looking, spiffy Half-Orc, who almost helped them.
    >D'verik the Half-Orc Alchemist forced Stoolrump to clean up after himself after shitting on the bathroom floor of the poor man's shop.
    >Stoolrump is carrying a ton of shit which could probably be sold.
    >NO ONE EVER THOUGHT TO USE ONE OF THE DOZENS OF POISONS YOU PICKED UP AND APPLY IT TO A WEAPON. Goddamn.

We already distributed the XP last night, but for the record there was 4900 XP earned in total. The group decided to give 1200 apiece to Grunge, Stump, and Amy (each of whom already earned 300 XP from the first session), and 1300 to Boris. This was just enough to bring everyone to Level 2.
  14. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Another night of DnD come and gone. And fortunately, this time went much better than last. For that, I'd like to thank everyone in my group for being great, and not complaining while I learn how to GM. On that note, onto the good stuff.

Recap (open)
    Once again, we joined Jasmine and Havok underground, who had just brought the dwarven spokesman some rat heads. After receiving their reward, the two decided to ask the dwarf if he had any more work for them. Although he did say that there were more rats, he asked them if they could take on a more important job: due to the humans above surface, trade for the dwarves had been dwindling recently. he asked Jasmine and Havok to go talk to the baron, to see if something couldn't be worked out, the baron having refused to meet with any of the dwarves.

Taking this task upon themselves, the two ascended to the surface, and made their way towards the baron's estate. Reaching the gate, the two confronted the mounted guards at the entrance, who seemed adamant about not letting them in. Threatening to attack Jasmine and Havok, the half-orc barbarian, in an impressive show of strength, nearly cleaved one of the guard's legs off. They promptly decided to leave the travelers alone, abandoning the gate going off to look for medical assistance. The two then found themselves at the front door, which was, unfortunately, locked.

After looking around the estate for a bit, Jasmine returned to Havok and reported that she hadn't saw a door. A moment late, though, she said there might have been a door. She wasn't really sure. Deciding to investigate, Havok thinking that Jasmine might also be on drugs, they walked to the other side of the building. Noticing that there were windows within climbing distance, the two spent about half an hour trying to scale the wall. After several attempts, and many, many falls, Havok arrived to the windowsill triumphantly, only to be confronted by the dastardly Mr. Window. Looking at the dusty window, not to be cowed, Havok attempted to pull it out from the wall. The exertion was too great, and the half-orc slipped from his perch and fell back to the ground. Once again making it back to the windowsill, however, he did manage to remove the window.

Unfortunately, due to his clumsiness, he dropped the window, the glass shattering and drawing the attention of a guard. Havok was both unarmed and unarmored, having left his mail and his axe with Jasmine. However, he successfully disarmed the guard, the guard too intimidated by Havok's muscles to keep a firm grasp on his sword. Quickly scrambling to the sword, Havok took his opponents sword. At that, though, he began to hear the voices of several other guards, who were panting down various hallways towards him. Forcing his way past the now unarmed guard, Havok leaped from the window, landing to the ground with a wince. The two donned their armor and weapons and promptly booked it from the estate.

Kaleb, who had been chumming it up with his fellow halfling, decided to step out for a breath of fresh air. Running towards him, he saw a half-orc and a kitsune running towards him, with four guards in tow. He attempted to hide from them, but unfortunately Jasmine spoted him. As Havok and Jasmine ran past him, she managed to convince Kaleb to help the two escape. The now group of three was running madly towards the south gate, but were promptly cut off by three more guards running towards them. Veering to the left, the three managed to make it to the rooftops.

-cue montage cutscene-

After making it down from the rooftop, the three began running towards what appeared to be the northern gate, the group having somehow made an about face. Sprinting ahead, Kaleb jumped across a canal, Havok following closely behind in the water. Attaching his rope to his sword, Havok made a toss to be remembered in legend, his stolen shortsword plunging through the air and over the wall, catching firmly. The two scaled the wall, while Jasmine touched herself. Casting a spell of cure light wounds, she healed herself, then attempted to cross the river, stopping short of the water. Kaleb shot a bolt across the distance, hitting one of the guards in the chest, Havok finishing him with a slung stone. Finally managing to cross the canal, Jasmine sprinted towards the quickly closing gate.

Sliding beneath it, Jasmine made it to the other side, while Havok and Kaleb jumped from the wall. Havok, however, slipped on the dusty road, his head hitting the ground. Keeping his wits about him, Kaleb grabbed a fist sized rock and placed it into the gears of the gate, jamming it and preventing the guards from opening it. Along came a gnome, however, that was stumbling about. Jack, despite having consumed many drinks (and bedding some wench), managed to convince the guards that he could help them by unjamming the gate from the other side. Slipping beneath the still barely open gate, Jack proceeded to urinate on the guards. The four ran off into the forest for shelter, Kaleb dragging the unconscious Havok.

After a good night of rest, of Jasmine using the still unconscious half-orc as a bed, the four woke up and introduced themselves. Explaining the events of the previous day to Jack and Kaleb, Havok then proposed they play a game. Eventually resulting in Jasmine stripping herself entirely of clothes (We all knew the day would come), the day progressed into night. The four of them, having agreed to try and break back into the town, made their way towards the city.

They now stand upon the city wall, making their way towards the Baron's estate...

For exp, even though only one enemy was killed (I'm sorry to say that one of the guards died in the chase), quite a bit of experience was earned, not only from the chase, but from general roleplaying around the city. By raw numbers, a total of 3400 exp was gained, between fighting, the chase, and various activities, and can be split among you however. This is entirely up to you guys how it is divided, though it would be great if you guys could split it evenly.

This is 850 exp if split evenly between everyone. Just so we could all be on the same page, however (and since Adad was missing for the chase and what not), Jarin would need 1000 exp instead, and Adad would instead get 700 exp, which would put everyone at 1000 exp.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

So, a few nights ago we had what was arguably the most uneventful night of actual role-playing yet. I blame this largely on the abrupt disappearences of two of the players. And also the PCs being derpy fools, because a good GM always blames the PCs. I:

Recap (open)
    After returning to town on horseback, our heroes found themselves in the bottom floor of the inn among a drunken party of what seemed to be the entire village. D'verik, the Alchemist who actually made the antidote to the disease (and not the adventurers who risked their lives to find the source of this plague) was held up as the true hero, and the party was mostly (if not entirely) in his honor. The legendary bardic performance on behalf of Boris held in the midst of the gathering would probably be the only thing our group would be remembered for that day.

Over the next few days, the heroes recovered from their wounds, and Grunge's new horse sat at the local stable for an oddly long time. Amy and Grunge brushed up on their magic, learning a few new spells. When Boris wasn't dealing with target practice, he was either performing in the town square or laying with the innkeeper. Stoolrump got so smashed at the party that he was knocked out for almost two full days. All the while, their fees for staying at the inn and for stabling Wollo the horse were waivered on behalf of their heroic deeds.

During and after this period of recovery, our "heroes" spent a great deal of effort trying to bleed dry a tiny village of all its valuables as reward for "saving" them... despite the fact they had just gotten over a plague, a reported 90% of the population was now dead, and there was only one surviving smithy (who, thankfully, had at least some favor for them). Amy managed to sell the mites' poisons for a total of 45gp, which was split three ways between herself, Stump, and Grunge. The Half-Orc Chieftan ended up kicking Stump out of his tower, giving Amy a +1 Cold Iron Longsword and a book on beginner's fire magic, and tossing Boris three throwing axes which would later be given to Stump.

Shortly after this, Boris attempted to haggle one of the two human chieftans (of the Blue Tiger Order) out of the town's seemingly only valuable item--a hunk of mithral--just so it could be made into a shield. He was promptly denied, but instead received a voucher for five Cure Light Wounds Potions from the local Alchemist, which was promptly used.

Stoolrump tried to dropkick Grunge after his newly-earned horse and mount it, and miraculously succeeded. After being removed himself from the horse, Stoolrump was promptly hypnotized by Grunge to stay at least 15ft away from the horse. Ever since then, Stump has felt a very string urge to follow this command... but has no understanding of where it came from, or why he does it, but doesn't much think about it.

Regardless, somehow Boris, Grunge, and Amy eventually made their way back over to the old mines. They were looking about for Fire Beetles to slay, so their corpses could be used by the local smithy to increase the size of the armor of the Mite Chieftan's armor so it could fit Boris. After delving down a different path than before, they were abruptly attacked by three beetles (only one of which was the same as the Fire Beetle seen before), and a Mite. Two of the beetles went down quickly, but the last loosed a blinding flash which stunned the heroes, and shortly afterward the Mite himself abruptly pulled out a small box and whipped it open. The bright, swirling colors immediately mesmerized Boris and Grunge, who dropped everything to stare slack-jawed at it... while Amy was still completely blinded.

With our entire party helpless, what will become of our heroes?! Yeah, that's around the time Chi and Cloud vanished.

...Oh, and while his friends were dying in a cave, Stump (who had four of the five healing potions) acquired a pickaxe from the local blacksmith (who had an INSANE amount of them just laying around) and proceeded towards the general direction of Vourgberg's new mines on foot... even though he doesn't know the first thing about mining.

Last night, there was supposed to be a role-play with Will's group. Adad and Jarin didn't show up, Genzo disappeared, and I went to bed early. So that didn't happen. Instead, Eevachu, Chi, and I ended up designing an evil party... which may or may not be GM'd by Will. In addition, Cloud grew quiet and left the group chat.

At this point, I'm not sure who's going to be showing up or what's going to happen. Will and I both have adventures set up to play, however. U: