If You Think this will End Well, You are Wrong

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Saria, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

As if anyone ever gave a shit about Wiki except Wiki...

Navina nodded - before realizing that no one could probably see her small gesture - before shouting something in the affirmative at the two scrubs. She jumped away from the backside quickly to avoid the monster's flails of pain. She quickly put away her sword and shield and brought out her two handed blade, figuring it would be easier to manage the ignition powder with her shield on her back and not attached to her arms.

She rolled her shoulders back and quickly sprinted towards the monster again, whipping an obscene amount of ignition powder at it. A more than necessary explosion quaked on the monster's leafy hide, revealing a large amount of fresh skin. Navina grinned, quickly putting the powder pouch back into her suit and grabbing her sword with two hands, jumping in the air and slashing down on the beast with the entire force of her body. Before she was flung off, she managed to grab onto a patch of moss. She awkwardly stabbed into the revealed flesh with her curved sword, although such attacks weren't as effective since she was using a two handed weapon with only one arm..

Suddenly, the creature began to shake and Navina stopped stabbing it. The wounds that she had inflicted began to open wider. Her eyes grew wide behind her visor as she realized each stab she made had begun to morph itself into a mouth. Navina quickly scrambled off the beast. She had been consumed too many times by creatures in recent memory to risk it happening again.

From the wounds emerged vines, and it was apparent that this change was happening all over the creatures body, not just because Navina had opened up a significant amount of holes on it. She backed as far away as she could from the creature, taking in its new form. She did notice, however, that wherever Guy, Tent, and Her had attacked, the fly-trapped mouthed vines were denser, thicker, and much more active than the ones scattered about in areas they hadn't attacked.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Well, shit," Guy grimaced, seeing the numerous mouths extend forth on numerous stalks. Needless to say it would be difficult to get close enough to strike its body with all these fanged tendrils snapping out at them. Nonetheless, Guy prepared a charge, looking for an opening as he weaved and leaped and scurried out of the numerous attacks which came his way. Just as he found it, he rushed in at wild speed--only to see that giant mouth open right in front of him. Perfect.

Except it wasn't perfect. In fact it was the exact opposite of perfect. The mouth abruptly spat out a ferocious, concentrated blast of wind that struck Guy's gut so hard he not only dropped the powder, but was flung back nearly two dozen feet through the air. "F-fuck," he barely gasped out. A split-second before he hit the ground, he abruptly propelled up into the air to break his fall, then used his Roc's Scarf to glide down to safety. He couldn't help but clutch his gut, gagging and gasping in pain... His body extinguished, turning to stone on instinct as he slowly fluttered to the ground. He thanked no one in particular that he didn't have any ribs, otherwise they probably would have been broken. He... he was going to need a minute after that...

Meanwhile, Tent and Navina were forced to take the brunt of the monster's assault. Tent was able to blast away two of the stalks with a Din's Burst. As another fanged mouth lunged in, he weaved out of the way, and cracked its stalk in half with a fiery punch. "The stalks are pretty fragile!" He spied the three singed limbs of the creature recoiling...

As another came towards him, Tent ducked, feeling the fangs sink into his helmet--actually penetrating the steel. With a panicked punch, his flaming fist shot up into the monster with a ferocious uppercut, breaking a fourth stalk. "Break enough of them--" He barely deflected a fifth one "--and we'll get another opening!" It was easier said than done. The monster had dozens of these things, and apparently even one solid bite would be enough to sever a limb...
  3. Saria

Navina grinned, nodding at Tent. She quickly looked over to Guy, grimacing. "Are you alright?!" She yelled to him, planning on running over if he needed it. Even if he was a criminal, he was still a sentient creature. Unfortunately, she wouldn't have time to honor his response, as a tentacle quickly came crashing down on her position. She jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding it. Navina brought her sword over head, bringing it down with a powerful thwack. It split the vine, and the creature's tentacle began to flail about as it spewed liquid. She watched the mouth flail about, and it seemed that the tentacle was still able to chomp on someone even if it was severed. Navina's smile faded. Of course.

She focused on her weapon, before shouting out to Guy and Tent to close their eyes. She Enchanted her curved sword, finding another vine and quickly chopping down on it. The light traveled up the monster's tentacle, sending shivers and ripples down the multiple mouthed creature, temporarily stunning it. Navina Quickly Drew, focusing for a few moments before abruptly shooting forward, her sword impacting directly into the stunned monster's hide. Her sword ripped upwards, and the monster began to quiver and shake as its skin split. Navina reached down into suit's neck for access to her Ignition Powder, pinched out some of the dangerous powder out of the bag stored still stored safely in her breasts and chucked it at the creature before her. She used the force to kick herself back, jumping off of the solid creature and flipping back in the air gracefully. She landed skidding, hair flipping back elegantly as she looked up at the creature writhing in pain before her.

Of course, such a graceful attack could not go unpunished, and as soon as Navina landed, a tentacle swooped under her feet, knocking her onto her back. She looked up, a gasp escaping her as she quickly brought up her sword, one of the plant's many mouths inches from her face. She fought desperately to keep the mouth-trap at bay, using the broad end of her sword as a feeble barrier between her and certain death, looking around desperately for assistance.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As if on cue, Tent sent a Din's Burst at the mass of tentacles swarming Navina--the burst leaving only singed stubs in their wake. A slight smirk grew on his face. Even if he was a man of faith, it was difficult to not feel a bit of masculine satisfaction out of keeping a beautiful woman from injury. Of course, that momentary satisfaction is what let another tentacle launch towards him. Tent instinctively blocked with his fist, only to feel the fangs penetrating through steel. He let out a terrible hiss of pain, before his free hand launched towards the stem, ripping it off with a flaming tear.

He flung his injured arm, soaking it in flames until the head flopped onto the ground, where it died in flames. Tent cautiously scurried away from the monster--trying but failing to ignore the pain in his injured arm. "G-Guy, damnit, you better not be dead..."

Tent tried to form Din's Burst, but couldn't maintain concentration between the damn monster flailing about and the distraction of his injury. It was too much even for him to keep a sufficiently clear head.

"I'm fine, Navina!" Guy gagged out the words he had been trying to speak for nearly a minute. He glared at both of them, not caring who heard his order, as he called out, "Throw... a charge!" Thankfully being injured didn't keep him from using his best ability.

Without any other option, Tent's good arm whipped out a charge of the powder and flung it towards the creature's hide--as Navina did the same. A particularly massive hole was blown upon. Guy propelled violently into it, his body crashing the blade into its fleshy hide. He was quivering and stumbling as he used both hands to twist and turn, cleaving the hide as much as he could. He tried to leap back before the moss enclosed around him--only to be abruptly be caught in its grasp, stuck like a piece of filth in the gooey hide of a chuchu. At least the moss itself didn't hurt. Guy's eyes bulged as he felt a mouth clamp around his ankle, teeth, digging in, lifting him high into the air...

"F-FUCK, I USE THAT LEG YOU KNOW!" He burst into flame, but it didn't seem to have any effect. He was fresh out of propel, too, and knew that a Deku Nut wasn't going to phase something without eyes. He abruptly found himself dangled over a giant, grotesque, fanged mouth... "THROW A CHARGE! DO SOMETHING!" Maybe if he spat a burst of Fire into a charge, it would create an even larger explosion right in its mouth...

...Or at least he really, really fucking hoped it would.
  5. Saria

Navina fell to the floor, falling onto her ass and then flopping painfully onto her back. She groaned, rubbing it for a moment. She looked up at the monster, then at Tent and Guy. The monster screeched and she shivered, closing her eyes and attempted to cover her ears through her helmet with her hands. No luck. She was throughly paralyzed. She had dropped her sword. Navina shook. Finally, the creature stopped screaming and her feelings of helplessness faded.

She stood, grasping her sword as she did. How long had it been? Significantly long because as soon as she looked towards Guy she gasped. Oh no he was definitely... That no that wasn't alright. Navina looked towards Tent, and ... Quickly removed herself of her short sword and shield. She needed to be as flexible as possible right now and the shield was hindering her. She ran towards the root of the tentacle holding Guy, again Enchanting her weapon before she hit the monster, stunning it again. She rolled her shoulders and began hacking at it, eventually, Guy fell to the floor.

Unencumbered by anything other than a comparatively light suit and light helmet and visor, Navina smiled. She bounced on her heels, before running towards the wall behind the creature. It began to stir, and Navina knew that she only had one chance to strike it. She Kicked off the wall, stabbing her sword high into the beast and using the weight of her body to slide down with it, taking whatever she could down and slicing it open. Black blood spilled onto her, but Navina didn't really mind. It .. actually smelled sort of pleasant and fresh. Maybe it was the fact it was coming from what was basically a giant, cursed plant was helping. Or maybe Navina was just weird who knew.

She sighed deeply, and then whipped around. One thing tackled, no time to rest. She scanned the room... and looked at Guy and Tent. They probably expected her to bark out something about having to go and capture another criminal and how Guy should put his hands up and yada yada....

"... Is everyone alright?" Navina said, wiping some of the blood off of her face... only to realize her gloves were also soaked. Why did this always happen to her? She sighed, and began walking over towards the two scrubs.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy was getting sick of falling into the floor--especially when he only had one good leg to land on. He struck with a hard thud, barely breaking his fall enough to not break anything. It was quickly becoming apparent that even if you had skin made out of rock, you still bruised. How annoying. He wasn't sure if he momentarily blacked out or not, but by the time he looked up, the giant creature had stopped moving.

"Thank Din," Tent panted out. He had been repeatedly bursting at the thing, even after he was pretty sure Navina dealt the finishing blow, just to make sure it was truly dead. The moss that was once squirming was now motionless and burnt. The mouthed tendrils were silent. All three of them were standing beneath what appeared to be now little more than a giant statue. There was no question that this beast was the origin of the horrid, maddening sounds... Tent hoped the surviving Mad Scrubs would return to normal. His eyes looked into the open sky above them. He had been so absorbed in the battle he hardly noticed the beautiful sunrise looming in the distance. The open sky above was a beautiful orange--he always liked to imagine, because of that, this was Din's favorite time of day.

Guy pushed upwards, limping slightly. "I'll be alright," he said to Navina. Turning towards Tent, he smirked slightly through the pain, "Man, you need to teach me some of that magic... I have all this fire, but don't know how to use it."

Dropping out of his thoughts, Tent looked towards Guy, exchanging a smile. "You might be onto something there. I'll see if I can teach you some fire magic... you know, after you've healed up."

Tent's smile faded slightly as he turned towards Navina, asking, "That takes care of your mission, correct? Although... we still don't seem to understand what caused this pillar appear out of nowhere. That's not to mention Wiki. I'm afraid she may have succumb--"

"I knocked her out," Guy blatantly announced. No one seemed to mind this. He continued, "I won't stop you if you want to arrest her, Navina. Just let me take a pictograph of you doing it." He shrugged slightly, "She begged me to do it. I dunno why. You can have the pictograph after I've taken it, for all I care." He was fairly certain she never asked him to keep the pictograph or anything--just to take it. For some reason he wasn't in the mood to do the obnoxious little rat any favors he hadn't already promised, either...
  7. Saria

Navina sighed, appreciating the sunrise. A yawn escaped her. Maybe she could just catch a ride back on a wagon to save some energy after she got out of the forest...

"Thank you again," she said to Guy and Tent. She looked towards the door that lead out of this chamber. Navina grimaced, suddenly remembering she had to go find her armor. Great.

"..and I... I'll..go tie her up then" Navina said slowly, glancing over at Tent. Guy had knocked her out...? The possibility that all three of these scrubs were working together still on her mind. She also didn't appreciate the fact Wiki wanted her on camera. Something wasn't adding up...

She headed towards the door, assuming Guy and his Pictobox we're close behind. She opened the door cautiously, half expecting to be ambushed... Instead, she glanced towards the passed out mess that was Wiki. Navina.. Navina almost didn't want to touch her. She looked gross before, but now she was also sticky with sap. Gross. So gross. She looked over on the ground, seeing various wood chips scattered about. She glanced at Guy before putting two fingers in her mouth and letting out a loud whistle. A moment later, a floormaster appeared.

"Benny!" Navina said, putting her hands on her thighs and slapping them. The floormaster responded instantly, its severed hand of a body skittering towards Navina and cuddling up to her like a dog. "Yes, oh such a good boy." It rolled over onto it's back, letting Navina scratch at it's shadowy palm.

She used the floormaster to hold Wiki down as she tied her up with some rope and then directed Benny to receive more cuddles. Guy could snap as many pictures as he wanted now. Navina wouldn't be having any issues with it now. Benny was adorable. Who could resist a free photo of him? When she and Benny finished tying up the unconscious woman, she walked over to Guy and grabbed the picture.

Her mouth fell agape, and her face immediately turned flushed. She touched her nose, and then began ripping up the photo furiously. What she saw wasn't worth repeating.

"T-that's awful, Guy," she said, sounding genuinely hurt. "Why would you facilitate such a thing?" she rubbed at her nose again.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy eyed the Floormaster. Was she able to do that this entire time? What the hell? More importantly, where did she get it? And why was it named 'Benny' and not something more badass, like... like 'Knuckle'? In his bewilderment at this scene, he almost forgot to take the pictograph, but did so anyway as she tied up the petite one. Guy's bruised arms were having difficulty keeping the machine steady as he aimed the Pictobox. Nonetheless, the machine went off with a flash, and shortly after it did, he tossed the 'graph into Navina's hands.

"Hm? I didn't facilitate anything," and for once that was actually true. Guy tilted his head at her accusation, "I was wondering why she wanted me to take the pictograph." He silently thought to himself that he should've guessed it produced altered pictographs, but thought better of asking of exactly what it did. Until now he was considering letting it fall into Navina's hands anyway, since she would probably return it to Wiki anyway, being the goody-goody she is. "This Pictobox must be defective, or something," he casually told the blatant lie, "It explains why she would've wanted me to have it, I suppose."

As Guy watched Wiki fall into Navina's custody, he considered what this meant. Navina saw him selflessly save a forest, and assisted her in capturing a known criminal. Maybe that was worth something in her eyes, he thought, but he assumed she wouldn't hesitate a chance to capture him, regardless. Meanwhile, Wiki probably hated him even more--though that hardly seemed like something to be concerned about, at this point. She didn't seem the type to waste money putting a bounty on his head, and otherwise wasn't much of a threat. Still, he let out a heavy sigh. After all this effort, all he really had to show for it was packets of this strange Ignition Powder.

"Well, sorry," he dropped the words rather callously, eyes trailing away, "About everything, I guess."

It was around this point that Tent wandered into the room, stretching slightly. There was a grin on his face, but it faded slightly as he looked towards the others in the room. "Something wrong? Why's everyone so tense? We did it! It should be a safe journey down from here, shouldn't it?" He neglected to think about the fact that would probably still take an hour or so, perhaps even more with Wiki in tow. It was only at this point he noticed the Floormaster--jumping slightly, before realizing that it was tame. Before Tent could ask about it, though, Guy interrupted him.

"Well. Have a safe trip, you two. Thanks for everything." He gave a slight smile to Tent, "I don't want to stick around to be arrested, so I'll be off." Guy abruptly leaped backwards, and effortlessly propelled straight out of the tower. Tent charged over to the window from which he soared, only to see the man sailing down to safety thanks to his freshly-given birthday gift. Tent smirked slightly, mumbling to himself, "At least he's putting it to good use..." He knew well enough the cape probably wouldn't have supported both of them, but was still felt rather abandoned.

Sighing slightly, Tent gave Navina an uneasy look, as if saying, 'It can't be helped.' With a shrug, he glanced towards the Floormaster again, then gave Navina a curious look.
  9. Saria

Navina stared at the window that Guy had leapt out of before letting out a sigh. The deku wasn't awful, she knew that, but he was still a criminal... Someone's past wasn't simply erased. She was glad she looked over at her floormaster, because it might have been getting ready to leap at Tent and throw him out the same window. She patted it on the knuckle .. Unable to resist giving it a few more well deserved scratches. (so cute)

She checked over Wiki's bonds once more, feeling confident that she could probably leave the Deku alone for awhile and still come back to her hogtied. Navina grinned before scratching Benny once more, snapping her fingers, and then pointing to the spot where the unconscious Deku lay. Benny was quick on the job, grabbing the Deku before launching her into the air.. Only to have her land safely on the back of its body. If Benny had a tail, it would be wagging it... So instead it sort of just wiggled it's pinky. Navina thought it cute, but really it was sort of horrifying.

"... No point chasing him. Seems rude to leave a friend," Navina said. "Lets get going... Thank you again, Tent."

(( Navina got Wallkicking, Ignition Powder
    Wiki got Sobriety, a janked up face, and lost her Pictobox
    I think roops are also involved but I'll do the math when I have pc access)
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Btw, this was Skyreach, in case that was not apparent.

Guy gets Ignition Powder
    Guy loses 40r for Profession: Thief 8
    Guy gains 40r from Profession: Thief 8
    = No change in Guy's roops

Tent gets Ignition Powder
    Tent -75r for Profession: Pyromancer Tutor 1, 2, 3, & 4
    Tent +60r from dungeon completion
    Tent +20r from Profession 4
    = An additional 5 roops for Tent)
  11. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Great, good job you two. Claim yo stuff and roops!