I want your opinion!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Guy, Oct 11, 2013.

1. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Dunno how much it's needed if bp's here but I'm never unwilling to try and fix typos.
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    SPELLING NAZIS AWAY!
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

You both have accounts now, and have each been sent a password.

Thank you for the (future) assistance. :yomp:
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Now that I've gone over the treasures up to and including Jump, I have two questions.

1). Take a look at, for example, Infernal Birth. It states that it normally costs 55 rupees. However, Subrosians can buy it at 40 Rupees. In the flavour text, however, it is stated that ONLY Subrosians can buy it, and in fact the Requirement states the same. Isn't it better to list the price as 40 Rupees and remove the notion that Subrosians can get it more cheaply? Right now, it seems confusing.

2). Considering how many treasures have been changed, aspects turned into augments, and costs increased or decreased, will we be allowed to re-pick our starting treasures? I'm aware of how much work this would be, but it would be something I would be willing to help out with checking. People like me and UD, who have scandalously big rosters, could send their reworked treasure configurations to a mod or Vet one or two at a time if needed.
  5. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I have been so busy with school I haven't been able to reply to this thread yet :V oops.

I've gotta say the new library and the new ideas for the treasure system sound good, though I do agree with BP that if a lot of the treasures are going to change, will we be able to re-select our character's treasures we gave them at the start? I'm not sure how much the treasures'll change, but I can see that some people might want to re-arrange their treasures or perhaps remove some if they've changed a lot.

Also, another thing that has confused me from the start: Why do racial treasures have prices? (Could be I'm just dumb and don't understand it) You get them at the start of certain origins, so you don't pay for them, but you can't get them though other origins, so why is there a price tag on it? They also say they're only available to their respective origins, with the exception of a few, but I think giving them a rupee cost makes it look like other races/origins can also aquire them. If there origins system is going to change this'll probably be solved, but right now I think it's really confusing.

As for the HH-debate: I think we should definitely keep the idea and promote that you can create other characters than combat-able and oriented heroes, though I don't think the stricter grading is necessary. I personally have never felt it to be "elitism", but rather a unique challenge, but I can see others do, so rewriting the description of the HH system could be a good idea. I wouldn't throw the idea away completely though, since it does offer quite some opporturnities for other types of characters.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

That's a fair point. The reason it was worded that way is because every racial perk is 15 rupees cheaper for the benefitting race, but, you're right, in cases of distinct perks where only one race can acquire the treasure, it would be better to just list it as the flat cost (in this case 40 rupees).

I do want to make the transition as easy as possible on the members. So, pretty much any reasonable desire would be allowed to happen. Anyone who's already gained a treasure will be able to keep it--even if they have a treasure which has been removed or altered. They can still keep the old version if they acquired it before the change. Characters could, as you suggested, alter their racial perks / starting bonuses to something better suiting their character.

Generally, a character couldn't just change everything around without an in-character reason. A character wouldn't be reimbursed for changes in price, nor would a character be indebted if something became more expensive. And any changes to be made can only be made once. That is, any given character could only be "updated" once, and every update made would need to be reviewed by a Staff member (or possibly Veteran).

Those are my current intentions, anyway.
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    So... is that a yes or a no on changing the starting treasures? I understand not changing the treasures obtained IRP, but for the treasures picked at creation? I have several characters who haven't been used IRP yet, could I still re-arrange their stuff if not that of the ones who have several Quests and Dungeons under their belts?
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Oh. Yes. I meant a yes to that. It would have to be reasonable for the character, though, and determined on a case-by-case basis. Generally anything would be allowed as long as it doesn't vastly depart from what the character's treasures previously were. (I.e., a sorcerer can't forget Fire and learn Spin Attack, but could forget Fire and get a Magic Rod instead.)
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    So I could feasibly replace Luna's Blizzard with Ice but not with Wind, so to speak. Sounds reasonable to me.