Holiday Moblin Episode VIII: The Eighth One

Discussion in 'Events' started by The NPC, Dec 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The NPC

The NPC It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

It was a brisk night in the Natzu Triangle, where the days were hot and the nights could chill you to the bone. The Holiday Moblin was receiving his affects, as he was finally being released from prison after a tumultuous prisoner transfer incident that cost him a year of his life. It was, coincidentally, the night of the Moblin Holiday in Hyrule. A holiday everyone comes together for, but is primarily celebrated by Moblins and Moblin-kind, in which the Savior of Hyrule: Ganon’s birth is celebrated.

Koume and Kotake, Ganon’s original surrogate mothers, were in the Natzu Triangle planning their annual play about the birth of their son. The twin witches were still around, as they were neither alive nor dead, but some secret third thing nobody understands. They were having a holiday crisis: the actor they had hired to play baby Ganon in the play had suddenly fallen ill. That’s when the Holiday Moblin drunkenly stumbled onto the scene.

Fresh out of jail and slightly tipsy, the Holiday Moblin was looking for work. Koume and Kotake saw the opportunity and gave him the role of baby Ganon in their nativity scene. He himself did not seem to know the true meaning of the holiday, so he was somewhat out of his element in the concourse of lights and sounds. But it was certain, Koume and Kotake, with a little bit of holiday magic, would teach the Moblin the true meaning of the holiday season.

Trouble struck them in the middle of their display. The director was met with an order by the King of Hyrule to shut the play down. How did his authority even reach the Natzu region? It was no matter. They completed their performance, the Holiday Moblin learning for the first time the rigors of acting and performance.

Determined to not let the holiday spirit die, Koume and Kotake hatched a plan to sneak into Hyrule Castle. They would perform the play in front of his Highness and his court. With a little bit of magic and planning, they disguised themselves as couriers and carried the Moblin in a large postage cart. Working all of their needed props into the post cart, they began setting up the iconic scene inside the King’s chambers. Guards rushed to surround the intruders, but with curiosity they watched the witches magically set up a play before their eyes with telekinesis.

When they set the lights and performed their closing duet, the King’s court was in awe. Their singing was entrancing, charmed even. When they both lifted up the massive baby Ganon and sang their closing song, they were met with a standing ovation. While they carried the final note of their song, the witches merged into Twinrova and filled the royal hall with colors of Red and Teal, the traditional colors of Ganon and the holiday. They lifted the Moblin high up and gave their final monologue. The court of Hyrule was filled with the spirit of the Moblin Holiday, and everyone clasped hands and began singing! Happy Holidays Hyrule Castle!

---

Once again, the Holiday Moblin comes bearing many gifts, this time hearkening back to traditions of old. Players may each choose up to 2 of their own characters to receive one of the following gifts:
    • For those who receive socks aplenty, there will be socks again; choose 2 of: Spicy Stocking, Shock Socks, Freezing Footwear, Stockings of Cowardice
    • Those who enjoy dressing for the occasion will delight in either a Goron Tunic (in stylish red with white trimming), or the ever warm and fuzzy Yeti Tunic.
    • For fans of the witches’ show, there are Handheld Illusions or Phantasmal Spells, or the Ice spell.
    • To not only break the proverbial ice, but also the frost on your doorstep, you might be wishing for a Ball and Chain.
    • For the young at heart, a Leaf Puppet, Imagiscope or Snowball Glove.
    • Perhaps a Fairy Companion, for those wishing fervently for a friend.
    • Those who prefer shinier gifts, or want to put a ring on that special someone, the Moblin’s sack contains a Ring of Silence.
    • And then there are those who would rather sleep till warmer times, for them there is the gift of Hibernation.
    • Or those who would wait out the cold and dark knights in the comfort of their own homes, with a package of a Red Candle with an Everlasting Flame, or the Light spell.
    • The true party animals will delight in Sobriety, for when they have to show up early to their family gatherings after a night of revelry. Or perhaps a sip of Pure Water will set them right.
    • Those less inclined towards the obese bringer of jolliness may choose either Eruption or Barricade, to ensure the beast does not descend down their chimney this year.
    • And for the truly dark of heart or exceptionally daring, a portion of the Holiday Moblin’s secret snack stash; a Magic Bean Supply, spirited away from its hiding place.
    • For those with an eye for aesthetics and everything that glimmers, the spell Fairy Gold is on offer.
    • Or perhaps there are some who spend the darkest days in song, they may choose two of: Dirge of the Deceased, Elegy of Emptiness or Song of Storms.
    • And for the person who has everything; a Spinner.
    Additionally, if you claim your gifts with an in-character post, you may claim 20 rupees on top of your chosen gift, for both of your characters.

The Holiday Moblin's generosity will last until the 31st of January, after which he will return to being a monstrous alcoholic menace.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

The young Hylian was situated at a desk in his masters hideout in Castle Town, frantically scribbling on a piece of paper.
    note (open)
    Dear Holiday Moblin,

It's me again. Um, Cyrus Kinton. I realized I didn't put my name on my letter last year and that's why I didn't get the right gift. It's okay. I'm not mad about it. This year I just want a friend. Someone that can come with me when I'm stealing. It'd be great if they could help me too, but I'm not going to be super picky. A friend is a friend.

Sincerely,
    Cyrus

Standing up the thief would grasp his letter and fold it up neatly. Wait...how did his letter even get to the holiday Moblin last time he wrote to him? Didn't he just crumple it up and throw it out? With a shrug of his shoulders he would head over to his window and crumple the folded piece of paper up and toss it out the window and into the air, quickly turning around so he wouldn't see it fall to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the town of Nabooru sat a solitary mercenary leaning up against a tree looking out over the ocean. He had witnessed someone use the most incredible spell he had ever seen before and wished he had the time to learn it himself. A sheet a paper flapped in his hand as the wind blew. Something was clearly scribbled on the sheet of paper, but most wouldn't be able to make out his horrible handwriting, something his mother was never proud about of her son was his penmanship. "Yeah right.... With a laugh the Hylian would release the sheet of paper and watch it dance in the breeze out over the ocean.

note (open)
    Dear Holiday Moblin,

If you do exist I have never asked for anything from you before, but this year if you could help me learn the eruption technique, I swear I'll figure out what I'm supposed to leave out for you and leave it out for you next year as an apology and thank you.

Sincerely,
    Jared Neldam

(Cyrus will be getting the Fairy Companion and Jared will be getting Eruption. And of course both will take the rupees)
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  3. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi added more logs to the fire within his little stove. It accepted them greedily, licking the dry wood and bringing more warmth into the wagon. Not fast enough, causing the Rito to shudder. His eyes flicked in the direction of the window, with only darkness peppered with white specks visible. He certainly was glad he had gotten plenty of wood to last him through a night as cold as this. Daffodil, his ox, had grown such a thick pelt to protect himself from the elements, but he wasn't as lucky. Still, by now, he could just imagine that big, hairy oaf covered in a layer of snow, having turned into giant white mountain next to the road…

Ruairi just wrapped his fluffy robe around him better and closed the lid of the stove. The pot of water on top of it was waiting for just a bit more heat before it would start to boil, so he went to rummage through the cupboards in the kitchen for a mug and some spices. An assortment of them were dumped inside a small, wooden strainer, along with the tea and a stick of cinnamon.

With just a single pour of hot water, a delicious aroma filled the insides of the wagon. His fingers, wrapped around the hot cup, were starting to feel warm again. The air was also starting to feel a bit warmer, as Ruairi took relaxed steps across the floor to his bed. He hopped on, taking a seat, looking out of the window with his cup that still had a stick of cinnamon sticking out of it. Still just as dark, with just as much snowfall. He wouldn't be moving anytime soon with weather like this. The Rito took a small sip, almost burning his tongue, but the warmth inside him was much appreciated.

Rare for him to spend a night like this alone. At least a few of the brightest stars were still visible on the night sky. The tea was more drinkable now, letting him drink it as he kept himself busy with introspection. Stars. He liked those. He was one, too. …Well, at least he would be one, if he wasn't considered one yet. A bright one. The brightest star.

And stars he saw, after something slammed against the window, covering it completely. A face? No, a monster, surely. Something horrible. Something horrendous. Something that made Ruairi let out a high-pitched shriek and fall back, off his bed, hitting his head.

Something so horrible it couldn't have been real, he had to try to tell himself after he had managed to pull himself off the floor, rubbing his aching head. But perhaps he has properly lost consciousness for a moment, as the horror crept along his back with a realization. There was snow on his bed…

((Ruairi will be getting Light I guess, and those roops.))
  4. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Yuku (open)
    Yuku recoiled as a barrage of mushy peas splattered against her face and glasses. She gawped at her tantruming child, removing her glasses as Maku wailed. Apparently, despite the tummy trouble earlier in the day, the child wasn’t keen on the remedy. “Maku, eat your dinner! Your brothers ate theirs,”
    The other two Zora children watched the interaction, although Saku quickly lost interest and looked around, yawning. It had been a long day of travel, and despite the cold Yuku hadn’t been able to spare enough for another stay in an inn. She’d had phenomenal luck in finding an old disused stable not far from the town, and with a fire burning merrily nearby and a roof - ramshackle as it may be - over their heads, Yuku was feeling safe for tonight. She pulled out her Tidy Pouch and dropped her glasses inside, squinting at Maku’s petulant face.

“Come on, Maku,” she coaxed. “It’s good for you!” She waited for a moment before opening her pouch again to pull her glasses back out, now sparkling clean. Finally, the ray-finned child accepted the spoon of peas, followed quickly by another before she could change her mind. Yuku let out a sigh of relief. The other two children were very sleepy by the time Maku finally accepted the rest of her meal, and one by one Yuku lifted each child into the old feed trough she’d filled with water. They had distinct stubby legs growing in, but they hadn’t worked out how to walk at all, and their heads were incredibly outsized compared to the rest of them.

Saku and Taku quickly went to sleep, and after a half hour of Maku waking her brothers up Yuku reached into the water and tapped her daughter on the head, letting the Drowse spell take her into a sound sleep.

Exhausted, Yuku lay back on the ground, looking at the gaps in the roof above. Truth be told, this stable was an incredibly good find, and with a bit of luck and a bit of labour fixing the holes, she could probably use this place to sleep more often. It was doing an incredible job of keeping the wind and snow out even as Yuku put the fire out. It would have been nice to sleep with it still burning, but with how vulnerable her people were to fire, it would have been incredibly unsafe, especially since Yuku didn’t have water to sleep and soak her scales in. Pushing herself upright, Yuku looked at the fire, suddenly paranoid. The stable wasn’t made of the most fire-resistant materials. Reaching for Lonomeru, she patted the hottest coals gently with the blade, making sure they couldn’t set the stable ablaze overnight. Working out how to fix that problem was an issue for the morning, and this wouldn’t be close to the coldest winter Yuku and her children had spent sleeping rough. Nayru, I wish there was a way to make that fire less dangerous, she thought, and before long had fallen asleep.

(Yuku will take a Goron Tunic and 20r)
    Ulivali (open)
    “Thank you for purchasing, I hope you have a good evening!”
    As the evening drew to a close, Ulivali packed up the fabrics and clothing he hadn’t sold. It had been quite a good day, and the Rito was incredibly grateful to have been invited to hold a stall at the farmer’s market. He hadn’t realised how festive Hylians got for the holiday, with the markets crowded as people looked for the right gifts. Selling the coats and cloaks and dresses and accessories he had made had earned him a fair number of rupees, although he was quite sure that at least one customer had gotten away with giving him the wrong colour rupees.

“Saw you sold a lot! Well done, bird boy!” The sudden voice of the market’s owner startled Ulivali and he knocked over his staff, which thunked loudly against the table. “Whoops,”
    “It’s alright, don’t worry about it,” Ulivali shrugged, picking up his staff and swinging the bag full of clothing onto his back. “People were certainly eager. I didn’t think a holiday celebrating a Moblin would be this popular for Hylians!”
    “Ah,” Ulivali distinctly heard the man scratch his stubble. “Well, mostly people don’t think about it. I’m not even sure where the Holiday Moblin even comes from. If he wasn’t so clumsy and easily heard I’d imagine people wouldn’t even know he was a Moblin.”

What an odd view, Ulivali thought. But then, he supposed people had to justify their celebration somehow. Spending much of his life among Fokka there had been several who had slunk back into the commune after supporting Ganon in his army, and while they weren’t exactly respected by the majority of the Pachatuku commune, the Fokka way of life was inherently a bit more borderline when it came to the rules of monsters and men. He’d never really thought of an issue with the Holiday Moblin, but he was rather perplexed when he discovered how widespread the holiday was even among the races that detested “monsters”.
    “Thank you very much for the opportunity to sell my wares tonight,” Ulivali shook himself out of thought. “I ought to be retiring now, but please enjoy your night! If you’re lucky, the Moblin will bring you excellent gifts,”

Distracted, Ulivali turned and walked right into the chair, tripping unceremoniously. The clang of his metal feather-charms striking the stone was frightfully loud, and Ulivali didn’t need sense magic to know that a wave of heads had turned in his direction. He squeezed his eyes shut in embarrassment, crest standing straight up. He was glad he hadn’t injured himself.
    “Shit, are you alright?” asked the market’s owner.
    “Yes! Don’t worry, happens all the time,” Ulivali patted the ground until he found his staff and stood up, nodding politely to the man before walking out of the market area so fast it was a wonder he didn’t trip again. The swinging of his staff luckily prevented further mishaps on the way back to the inn where he was now a long-term resident, and as he made it back up to his room he collapsed on his bed.
    “That was humiliating,” he said aloud, pushing the coat he’d left on the bed onto the floor.

After a while, Ulivali looked out the window. It was hard to believe it had been so long since he had left the Pachatuku Fokka commune. The last time he had celebrated this holiday, Bakk and Kamat had been with him. He wondered what they were doing right now.
    “Well, Moblin,” he said, “I can’t write, so I hope saying it aloud counts. If there’s a way to stop me from letting everyone in Hyrule know when I’ve fallen over, I’d appreciate it. Sentiment is for another time, I just don’t want to make an ass of myself like that again."
    He spent the rest of the evening laying on the slightly uncomfortable bed, wondering if he should make a trip back to see his chosen family at some point. It would be nice to see them again.

(Ulivali will take the Ring of Silence and 20r!)
  5. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Show Spoiler
    'Twas the night before Moblin Holiday and all through the lodge, not a creature was sturdy, not even the doge.

Pooky was on his bed at a rustic lodge in Rolling Ridge doing mindless busywork to increase his profits. The night was getting late and his fire was slowly dying. In his arrogant hubris, Pooky let the fire die as a knock-knock-knocking began on the roof. Perhaps the Holiday Moblin was finally here?

Up on the roof there arose such a clatter, as the punkass Aniki tipped over his ladder. The Anouki squeezed down the chimney with a bag full of loot, amid the squirm down the flue he was covered in soot. Making his way into the bedroom, he addressed the Miniblin.

"The hell are you lookin' at idiot." he said with a grin, he flipped off the imp with a hand to his chin.

Pooky returned to his work. He was curious about this imposter moblin's loot bag but he was unwilling to lose his train of thought. The miserly Miniblin had extra coin to count after all.

"You'll like, be visited by spirits three." he added, continuously brushing himself off.

The bell on Pooky's side-table tolled one, a torturous feature the diabolical imp had added to keep people awake all night. As the note chimed, the door swung open to his room. A girl in white pajamas came in, groggily and with a reddish feverish face. It was Eve, the ghost of moblin's past.

"Wait what? What're you all doing at this hour?" Eve stated, rubbing her eyes at the pair of cretins.

"This is like, the first spirit." Aniki added, committed to the bit.

Eve showed Pooky visions of his past. . . by being someone he had met before. Pooky gave the girl another look. He knew she wouldn't be getting any presents this year. Not with a roof over their heads at least, no way something could rain from the sky onto the poor girl this time.

"Next you'll like, see a vision of the present." Aniki added as the girl went back to her room.

"HO HO HO HO!" came a voice down the hall. Into the room came the mustachioed Briggson. "What are you up to Pooky? Everyone needs to sleep for the hike tomorrow."

"This is the spirit of the present. He is large and has a jolly bearing. He's going to tell you about Wiki from the real bible." Aniki explained, referencing an arcane past religion long forgotten.

"No I'm not! What's this anouki intruder doing Pooky? Is he harassing you?" Briggson complained loudly.

"No like, get it right dude. We're teaching this grumpy greedy miniblin the spirit of generosity and the meaning of the holiday. If we do it right some crippled kid will get to stay alive for some reason." Aniki added, making the scene continuously more and more confusing.

"I'm putting my foot down." Briggson demanded. "This kid has got to go."

The Goron forcibly dragged the little man and his sack out of the inn. His little blackened hood a dire warning of the future. Maybe he could have invited Rika with his scythe though. He'd have to try that next year. Pooky didn't learn anything, and continued managing his downline. It was a night that would never be forgotten. Alone in his room once more, Pooky spotted a sheet of notes on the floor. Perhaps the real gift was this new song he could play. Meanwhile, the flue had given Aniki a critical spark of inspiration for his next new attack.

(Aniki will be getting Eruption and Pooky will gain Elegy of Emptiness)
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika (open)
    Not a sound stirred. For once in his life, Rika waited, patiently. He was hunkered over an unlit fireplace, his eyes locked at the mouth that led upwards and out of the inn he was in, his ears waiting to flick for any sound coming from it. Any second now, the Holiday Bastard would descend and he would make his strike, the tool he invented specifically for that Moblin's downfall. Then, a scratch and a skirt- the sound of something rubbing at the chimney sides.

So, he held up his fists, glowing red and sparking with embers, and after a moment, he plunged them downward, a volcano of flames pillaring up through the chimney. They were accompanied by the pained scream and cry coming from within it, a definite hit- he had got the scumbag!!

. . .Until a few moments later, when a charred man came falling down into the firepit. "W-What the- COUGH- hell was that for?!!" He choked out at the Kokiri, exasperated. "Why are you in the chimney?!" Rika barked, frustrated. "A purple drunkard paid me to climb down!" Panicked, Rika turned around to see an assortment of presents strewn about a tree situated on the other end. As he turned back to the man, a boisterous laugh echoed from the top of the chimney. "HO HO HO HO COUGH COUGH COUGH HO HO HO HO! IT'S A SECRET TO EEEEEEEEEVERYBODY!" It faded as the voice grew more distant, the sounds of the Holiday Moblin going further and further from the building. "Damn it all!" Rika cursed, kicking the charred man in front of him in frustration. "Because of you, that bastard got away!" He stormed off in a hurry, leaving the injured man to roll out of the chimney and tend to his charred wounds.

Melari (open)
    The holiday was a nice time to get some rest. And for Melari, anywhere was good enough to sleep. So, she had passed out underneath the holiday tree, surrounded by the gifts the Holiday Moblin had left for the Picori Village. How he even got here, none would know- how a Moblin could squeeze through a hole in the wall was the real mystery! She would open them when she woke up.

. . .

Her eyes opened, groggy from her deep sleep- nothing could have stirred the mouse, not even a creature. She had sworn she heard some rustling and moving at one point, some 'Da Na Na' or something of that nature, but her rest should go uninterrupted- so she hit snooze. Rubbing at her eyes, she saw some purple figure darting ou of the room, a stack of colorfully wrapped boxes triple its height balanced in its arms. She rubbed at her eyes again. Was she still asleep? Maybe she should just go back to bed where did her pillow go what. The nice box she was resting her head on was moved- no, not moved, it was gone! All the presents were! Looking around in a panic, the entire assortment of gifts had up and vanished- well, all except for one. An abnormally heavy looking steel ball, with a long chain coiled up and attached to its base, rest under the tree like an unused ornament. Perhaps it was too heavy for the thief to take?

It was probably that purple thing. She should really go after them, but she was still so sleepy... maybe five more minutes. She laid on the chain and dozed back off.

(Rika obtains Eruption and 20 Rupees. Melari obtains Ball and Chain and 20 Rupees.)
  7. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Leskar (open)
    This winter, Leskar had given up on wandering. His trials across Hyrule had left him weary, and the fairy had retreated to his desolate fountain. He had seated himself on the edge of the basin, absent-mindedly stirring a hand through the dank waters. Once, the water had been so bright you could see right to the bottom, where people had left their precious offerings in gratitude for services rendered.

Leskar scooped up a handful. But now, the water was dark and muddy, only the faintest traces of his blessing remained in it. He tried to focus on it, willing his power into it, but a terrible howling broke him from his thoughts.

Even in the confines of his fountain, the clarion call was unmistakeable. It echoed through the hole in the roof, reverberating around the room.

"IT'S A SECRET TO. EVERY. BODYYYYYYYYYYYYyYyYy!"

Something flared in him. Anger? Indignation? His long-lost power? Oh, if he could only take off into the sky to chase after the obese bastard- But no, such was not his lot. Leskar let out a deep breath through gritted teeth. No, patience. Recuperate first, regain his power so he could curbstomp fight the creature on equal footing. Yes, once he was full of glory again, he would show it whatfor.

He looked at the water cupped in his hands. Clear water. How...? His hands felt no different, but his... being, that did. He remembered this, the clear waters of his fountain, how a single gesture could bestow the blessing on others. The Great Fairy smiled.

The road to recovery was perhaps long, but not impossible.
    Fion (open)
    Sand. There was so much sand.

Fion made a whining noise. Everything was sand here. But at least the worms couldn't reach here. Only the blasted sand that got everyw- Did something stir behind him?

The Twili froze in his tracks. He was being followed. Or was he...? Sometimes he wasn't really sure what was real and what was not anymore. The Twili whipped his head around, but there was nothing behind him. Only an empty, dusty hallway. He stayed still, intently listening for anything out of the ordinary. Was that breathing he heard? Something approached... Something big.

He hunkered down, covering his head with his arms, willing himself to blend in with the hallway. The rushing got closer, the sound of something extremely heavy being dragged through the dust, closer and closer. Fion was sure he'd feel something descend on him any moment now, he prayed it'd only hurt a little and-

And then it was gone?

He cautiously cracked an eye open, seeing only... a wrapped package? The Twili blinked. There, in the dust before him, was a tiny giftbox neatly wrapped with a bow. Fion prodded it with his dowsing rod, shrinking away from it as if the box might suddenly sprout teeth and bite him. But it didn't.

Inside the box he found only a plain gold ring. How very... mysterious.

Fion gains a Ring of Silence and 20 rupees. Leskar gains Pure Water and 20 rupees as well.
  8. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar (open)

It had been another long, lonely year.

He wasn't truly alone, not with his sentient weapon at his side. But the truth of the matter was, he just didn't have a home. No other friends to consistantly talk to, no house to go and rest in a warm bed.

The hunter sighed, staring up at the night sky, stars twinkling overhead as the campfire crackled by his feet to keep him warm.

"... You're distracted again." Wind Fairy began, the bow faintly glowing as it rest on the ground beside him.

"I know." Kalvar spoke, only to move and toss another log onto the fire without another word.

"Do you desire to converse? Or is this once again, yet another thought that you don't believe I can assist you with?"

Kalvar sighed once again, hearing the tone of voice they used. It wasn't that he didn't trust them, it was just- "I don't think you'd understand. I'm sorry."

"I do not understand many things, trapped within this finite shell, but you would be surprised what I do. Try me, my dear Kalvar."

"... Alright." He was silent for a few moments more, eyes once again looking up to watch the snowflakes beginning to fall. "I didn't think I would miss it, but I do. Back home, in the caves, the holiday season was a time of celebration. Joy and happiness abound, but out here-" His words falter, just sighing once again.

"I understand. My fountain was oft lonely. I fear the absence of visitors might be what reduced me to my state." The bow would begin, their melodic words hanging in the air. "But if I am to understand these desires of yours, perhaps we should return to that small village you recently sold those pelts to. Stranger or no, I suppose they might understand your desire for companionship."

He slowly leaned back, laying down on his back. "Maybe. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea."

"HO HO HO!"

No.

God, no, not him again. He still couldn't get the smell of urine out of his nostrils from years prior.

Before he could sit up properly, a small pouch had clearly been tossed down from above and slammed right into his head. It once again smelled like the most foulest combination of alcohol and excrement, and the sensation made him gag.

And yet, despite all that, inside the pouch was a fairly interesting-looking ring. He just hoped the stench would fade with time, this time.

"Well, I suppose at least someone remembers your presence." Wind Fairy would begin, and the sound of airy laughter filled the air.

"Very funny."

Areyal (open)

"Excuse me, ma'am, the library is closing soon. You're going to have to leave shortly."

"Huh?" The Zora suddenly jolted upwards from their seat at the table, books surrounding them. She had been attempting to figure out more about magic... but it was boring. Boring enough to put her to sleep. "Oh, uh, sorry. I'll just-"

She picks up one of the books, trying to remember just what was in this one. Glancing at the title, 'Dynamics of Aether: A Longterm Study of the Effects Of The Unknown Upon the Known' didn't really tell her anything of all. With a sigh, Areyal spoke up again. "I'll... just put these away."

"No no," said the librarian, who was already accustomed to the way Areyal would put the tomes back in the completely wrong places. "I'll take care of it."

"Oh, uh, alright! Just, you know. Be safe? Don't work too hard!" She'd speak, only to slip outside of the library. The dry interior building always felt weird upon her skin, but the sight of snow falling outside immediately had her leaping out with excitement.

Areyal would giggle to herself, spinning about and twirling as snowflakes fell all around. Oh, what a wonderful time of year. Even if it was growing colder and colder, it was practically magic in the air.

Almost literally.

Sure enough, as she spun about, the sound of ice cracking echoed from the nearby fountain. The Zora jumped startled, entirely unsure of what had happened.

"... Hello?" She'd look over towards the fountain, hands raised to cast her magic just in case. "I-I'm warning you! Don't mess with me! I-I can freeze you solid with a look!" Areyal spoke, like a liar.

Approaching the frozen fountain, she'd instead find not a creature like she had been expecting, but instead, a heavy tome that had slammed into the fountain. The pages were a bit wet from the water beneath the frozen surface, but she quickly picked it up to examine. Of course, the title had her smile extremely wide. 'Ice is Nice.'

Well, that was incredibly straight forwards!

"Thank you!" She shouted upwards, only to see the Holiday Moblin flying overhead. She had forgotten it was that time of year! She had only ever gotten fantastic gifts from him, and this seemed like no exception!
    Why did people dislike him, again?

Kalvar claims 20 Roop and the Silent Ring
    Areyal claims 20 Roop and Ice
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  9. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Judith Vilcaron (open)

Every so often, a truly bizarre, inexplicable event would transpire in Hyrule, to serve as a humbling reminder that Judith's holy mission to spread Wisdom in Nayru's name was sorely needed. A play to celebrate Ganon's birth, hosted in the capital itself! Ganon, the insatiable butcher whose conquests had left scores dead, and thousands more in sorrow? The monster who had cleft Hyrule in twain, and stolen the lives of so many of her sisters-in-faith? Alight with righteous indignation, the young priestess had marched through the streets alongside a mob of like-minded women from the Cult of Nayru, a picket sign with the slogan "GET GONE, GANON" (slathered on with blue paint) clenched tightly in her hands. They would protest this outrageous betrayal of Hyrule's values, and naught but the will of the Goddess would disperse them!

... Or so they thought, but the winter's chill proved less than accommodating of their demonstration. In mere moments, their impassioned chants had turned to unenthusiastic mumbling punctuated by the chattering of teeth as the bitter winds buffeted the priestesses. As their momentum stalled, several of the senior sisters took it upon themselves to rally their brethren with encouraging words... and the distribution warmer clothing. Barefoot and clad only in her religious vestiary, Judith was a tempting target for her superiors to make an example of.

"Really, Sister Judith! First that business in Snowpeak, and now this! Are all girls of Lon Lon so stubborn? And isn't your birthday in winter? You really ought to know better... Here, take this."

Judith could scarcely get a word in edgewise as the senior sisters draped a fuzzy Yeti's Tunic over her shoulders, chiding her all the while. Truth be told, growing up in Lon Lon had instilled a certain hardiness in Judith such that the cold did not bother her as it did others... and as she often repeated, after trekking up in Snowpeak with no shoes, nothing made her feel cold anymore.

Still, Judith mused as she pulled the Tunic snugly around herself, perhaps there was Wisdom in being suitably prepared for an outing... or maybe this ill weather was a sign? A humbling reminder from the Goddess of Wisdom that Her faithful servants should focus their energies on more productive things than protesting harmless plays, and that broadening one's perspective was never a bad thing...

Flayre (open)

Every so often, a truly bizarre, inexplicable event would transpire in Hyrule, to serve as a humbling reminder that people were fucking stupid. As the Hylians continued their insipid celebrations, Flayre watched from afar, perched atop a high tower. Her normally pale face was flushed red, and her baleful stare was somewhat diluted by the bleariness in her eyes. The Great Fairy of Desire was flanked on either side by rows of bottles, and she held an exquisite goblet in her hand, which she swirled about for a moment before bringing it to her lips.

Wine! Wine was her only solace left in this accursed world. To think that atrocious piglet Ganon could possibly surpass her- her!- in the Hylians' esteem was mortifying in the extreme. She shuddered at this insult, at this humiliation... And to make matters worse, the Holiday Moblin was complicit in this madness! Neither he nor the Twister had thought to call upon her this year...

"Pah!"

Seized by a sudden fit of pique, Flayre drew her hand back and pitched her goblet from the top of the tower, sending it careening through the air, then crashing to the ground. Still scowling, she snatched up one of the bottles next to her and uncorked it with practiced ease.

Damn them. Damn the Goddesses. Damn them all! They were making a mistake. It should be HER birth being celebrated down there, among the dirt! They should cheer her name, recount her deeds... she wanted that. She needed that. She craved that. She DESIRED that... Oh yes, they were making... a mistake. A mistake... She had made those too, hadn't she? She had... and maybe if she hadn't, then they would... She shouldn't have done what she did...

Flayre's heart suddenly felt very heavy, and she immediately tilted her head back, pouring the contents of her chosen bottle into her mouth. No, she needed to forget this. These memories, and this travesty before her. She would drink until the events of this day had faded into utter oblivion like her hopes and dreams. Then, in the morning... she had just the incantation to ward off the inevitable consequences of her indulgence.

THAT much, she would not forget.

Judith acquires a Yeti Tunic, but not frostbite.

Flayre acquires Sobriety, and narrowly avoids a hangover.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Doc Genz likes this.
  10. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

This thread is now closed, thank you for participating!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.