Hey Listen! Anybody wanna RP?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Beefish, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

Should we go with this then guys? :n_n:
  2. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Sounds good to me!! Were we going to do that one and the separate Callad one, too?
  3. Beefish

Depends if Knight is alright with it, then sure! :n_n:
  4. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Sure, but one or the other thread is going to have to have different development.
  5. Beefish

Yeah, the other thread will need a different plot. Next time Razgriz is around the thread we can discuss it :n_n:

In that case, who wants first post in these threads? If nobody wants to then I'll go ahead and get the threads set up :happy:
  6. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

I think, as the mastermind behind starting the thread, you should spear-head the RPs, Bee! Looking forward to starting them =)
  7. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Sayomi is a magically-inclined knight, so RPs against criminals or monsters make the most sense. Infiltration would likely be a bad idea considering her clumsiness, unless that's what you're going for. A combat RP would likely work best for her, though investigation and exploration ones work almost as well.

Of course, the RP could be more character-driven instead of plot-driven.
  8. Beefish

:XD: Fair point, I'll start them then :n_n:

I'm all for a character driven plot, do either of you have a part of your characters which you particularly want to explore? We can try to develop our characters a bit
  9. Beefish

Okay, so An Apple a Day has started! That's the thread for Keera, Alice and Griskin, in which Alice at some point uses magic beyond her control to make an encampment near the Kokiri woods very sick. Keera and Griskin will try to help all of the parties involved!

Here's the thread!
  10. Razgriz

Say's almost blind adoration of the Hylian knights could be a good point of exploration for her. I'm assuming that Knight is still joining us, if so then Callad's treatment of Griskin could make her question the morality of the order, especially if such behavior is openly tolerated or encouraged.

That being said, I'm not sure how your guys' characters will develop from that RP as Callad's hatred seems almost integral to him, though I guess Griskin could develop a prejudice of Hylians from the event. Again though, that's for you guys to decide if your characters can develop from the RP.
  11. Beefish

Considering that Knight, Light and I are probably gonna start a thread soon where Griskin and Callad fight, it might be beneficial to have this different plot take place afterwards, maybe with a general bitterness between them. Say could be a good peacekeeper, maybe? How about they do something together, like they all end up fighting a common enemy? There could be some interesting tension there since the characters all feel differently towards each other!
  12. Razgriz

That'd work if you guys already know how the fight will end, including injuries and the like. I'm also not sure who's an enemy of Griskin's, so we'll need more information if choosing one that doesn't suddenly appear.

We'd also need to decide how Say came into all this, after all, she has only a loose connection to Callad and none to Griskin. I also can't imagine the Hylian guards care to mediate a dispute with a moblin, so sending her as an arbitrator will take some explaining.
  13. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

That actually sounds like a good idea, Beef. Actually...

...I have the beginnings of an idea...

A small 'knightly' order. I can't think of a name, but they're the villains of the story. They are essentially what Callad could become if he doesn't let go of his hatred, what Sayumi could become if she does not develop some sort of cynicism regarding her admiration of knights (because aside from their homicidal xenophobic tendencies, they're pretty much ideal knights), and Griskin would be in life-threatening danger if he should ever get caught by them.

I wouldn't imagine this would take place in the Castle Town. Or close to it, really. Perhaps Say was talking into joining them for a patrol run and happens to run into Callad and Griskin protecting a Goron village from a pack of starved and raging Dodongos?
  14. Razgriz

I'm in for that, but we'll need a reason for the knights to not attack Griskin on sight.

PS: Not sure where you got the idea that Sayomi is prejudiced KoG, if anything I made her so she's too accepting.
  15. Beefish

That sounds like a good plot! And Raz, what if Griskin does get attacked on sight by the knights? He might have to retreat or something, then maybe finds Say and Callad going after him. They now have knights threatening them and a bunch of rampaging Dodongos to worry about. What do you two think about that? It brings Say into it and gives us a new point of view on these certain "knights"

Edit: In fact - what if the knights, after the three PCs run off, end up slaying the rest of the Dodongos only to hold the Gorons hostage themselves, since they are suddenly harbouring a group of "traitors"?
  16. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Raz, forgive me but I don't see how you thought I thought Say was prejudiced. I was proposing that she got gulled by their 'ideal knight' bit and then sees that they're xenophobic murderers while on patrol with them and has to make a choice.

And Beefish, that sounds like a wonderful twist ending.
  17. Razgriz

Ok, so to clarify, Say meets up with Callad and Griskin fresh out of their fight, the group hears about a village of Gorons under siege by wild dodongos, and is then ambushed by the knights. Either: a) the group forms a temporary alliance with the knights, or b) the group repeals the knights into another portion of the villages, and the knights and the group each must deal with both the opposing side and the dodongos. After the dodongos are dealt with the group leaves the village only to later hear that the Gorons were in fact taken hostage.

Would it be better to have the Gorons as hostages from the beginning, where a cry for help against the knights is misinterpreted as a cry for help against the dodongos (once they approach the village)?

PS: Sorry KoG, misinterpreted which knights you meant by "their".
  18. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Ah, that makes sense, Raz, sorry about the lack of clarification.

Second option (paragraph) makes a bit of sense, though I was kind of thinking that Say would start with the knights, who arrive in the village to find it under attack by dodongos that Callad and Griskin are defending against. Once the Dodongos are defeated, then the knights try and kill Griskin for the mere fact that he's a monster and his kind serve Ganon. Then Callad and Say have to choose who to ally with. Not that I can't adjust.

I think this idea is growing on me.

Also, how about calling the knights 'The Order of the Purge'?
  19. Beefish

I was thinking that Say would arrive with the knights as well, then comes across Callad and Griskin already fighting the dodongos. It would be pretty interesting if the Gorons were crying for help against the knights and not the dodongos, but why would the knights attack the Gorons unprovoked? Unless the knights are like, xenophobic against everything that isn't a Hylian - or perhaps they believe the Gorons are sealing Ganon within Death Mountain to protect him? Since that's where he was last seen.
  20. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

I wouldn't imagine they would hold the Gorons hostage beforehand, but definitely after Griskin, Say, and Callad leave. "You have harbored traitors to Hyrule, and by the power vested in us as knights of the Order of the Purge, you are all under arrest" or something to that effect.

Unless they were hosting monsters beforehand? Then I can see it.