Hey Listen! Anybody wanna RP?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Beefish, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

Hey guys, so a lot of the threads I'm in are a little bit on the inactive/slow side right now so I thought maybe it'd be nice to get another RP started, not sure so much about a plot right now but I'm just looking for another player (maybe two). Anybody looking to start a new adventure?
  2. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Sure, why not? Monkey disappeared, so sign Callad up.
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I'm in for a new considering my only active one has seemed to shut down. I can use Say or Ven for it.
  4. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

I wouldn't mind chipping in with, say, Alice, since she's got no active threads atm.
  5. Beefish

Great to see you guys! :happy: Knight, I think Callad would be interesting since he hates Moblins and my only character is a Moblin, there's potential there. I really like the sound of Sayomi as well, Razgriz, she seems fun! :lol: And Alice as well Ink, I'd love to RP with all of you! I'm thinking maybe we could either have separate stories each, or maybe mix and match a few of us? We could all RP together but I'm trying to keep this small for hopefully more activity. What do you guys think? I'm trying to figure out which combination of characters would be best for maybe a three-player RP, and who would like just a two-player thread, anybody have a preference?
  6. Electronic Ink

I'm easy, I have no problems!
  7. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I've got no real preference here, just eager to get back into RPing.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

9. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

...Would you also consider a Kokiri girl?! A bit late to the party, but I'm unemployed at the moment so I have barrels of free time, haha. I'm happy to do whatever: I don't want to intrude on your 3-man, but would enjoy a 2-man if you still had space =)
    Beefish likes this.
  10. Beefish

Hello Lightascetic! I check this forum basically every day so I really don't mind how many RPs there are :lol: the more the merrier, and all that!

I'm really game for anything, always eager to RP but I struggle starting plots, but I really want to just jump right in more on this site since it's by far my favourite RP forum :n_n:

Okay so how about we split into two three-player threads? Maybe more depending on who wants to RP with more plots. I think Keera and Alice would be a good combination along with Griskin who has/had family in the Kokiri forest.

Callad and Sayomi are both knights, so that could be good. I'm not sure how Griskin would fit in there but it can't be too hard to figure something out :n_n:

Does that sound good? Also, anybody have any ideas for a plot or anything? I also don't mind just a general meet-up of characters without a particular story if we can't come up with anything.
  11. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

I just read Griskin's profile, and I just need to say that he's AWESOME!!

Weirdly, I'm normally quite good at coming up with plots, but in a Zelda setting, I really struggle. If he likes monsters, how about something to do with a clan of monsters? Keera's a healer... What about a clan of Octoroks that fall sick for an unknown reason? A rivalry between two races of monster that Griskin needs assistance settling? Help stopping some nasty hunters from culling monsters?

I'm not invested in any of these ideas- just throwing them at you and seeing if they stick =)
  12. Electronic Ink

That makes a ton of sense. With Alice, it's entirely possible that her shattered mind might come across as an illness that Keera would want to heal. Judging by timelines, Eve and Alice left the forest way before Keera and Melda came along, so they probably wouldn't know her, unless you wanted to have like a fairy horror story that the Kokiri companions tell around campfires- the insane fairy? It'd be kinda funny if Melda spends the whole time expecting Alice to start finger-painting with blood or something :sweat:
  13. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I've no intention of joining, but I was looking at this thread to look out for my buddy Light here and I'd like to throw out a suggestion for you:

Alice is insane, right? Might she have been messing with magic beyond her power level, causing in a backfire with consequences that Keera has been asked to help remedy? Griskin is a good guy and might be blamed, but want to help Keera 'from the shadows' as it were, and Alice could come along as cover.

Do with it what you will, that just popped into my head and it might help with your dilemma.
  14. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

So, considering Callad is racist against Griskin's kind, I do have an idea for a three-man RP involving him and Sayomi. It's not very pretty, though. Plus, I think it would work better with Keera, considering he's met her before, knows and respects her (I count the temples as canon, if only in my character's head).

Basically, Callad sees him, gets pissed, starts antagonizing him, and Sayomi sees it, stands up for Griskin, and faces off against Callad. After a fight that goes nowhere, Callad vents his rage and bitterness, and either Sayomi or Griskin or both point out the fault(s) in Callad's logic. Kickstarts his development from a flawed warrior into a true Knight of Hyrule, and may lead to some development for Sayomi and Griskin as well.

If Keera were there, however, I could see it happening similarly, but Callad ignores their pointing out of his flaws and tries to attack him anyway, but finds he isn't willing to strike at him through Keera.

But I'm fine whichever way we slice it.
  15. Beefish

Oh thanks! I'm glad you like him :lol: I read Keera's profile last night and noticed the part about the Moblin attacking that Hylian soldier, there could be another link there maybe?
    The plot doesn't have to revolve around Griskin whatsoever though, I just really want to start some RP threads :XD: Though, the idea of some kind of monster falling ill and the combined efforts of Keera and Griskin to save them sounds like a good balance. In fact...

I think this would be a good idea for the main body of the plot, like maybe it starts with Griskin and Keera finding this group of sick monsters around the same time and realising they have some things in common, then quickly come across Alice, who maybe Keera wants to help heal?

What if... what if Alice made the monsters sick with that power? :omg: That could be what ties it all together! Although it'd be hard to blame Griskin for that since they'd all be monsters. We could pick 'n' mix these plots though :lol: Ink, Light, what do you think of this combination of ideas?

Those both sound really fun! It'd be great to see the development between Callad and Keera actually, since they have history... Maybe we should have an extra RP for Callad, Griskin and Keera, as well as Callad, Griskin and Sayomi? We'd need yet another plot though. Would that be too many? :dizzy: What do you two think of Knight's plots, Light, Raz?
  16. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

My my: there's so much going on now! That escalated quickly, as they say! All of these ideas are really cool. I suppose now it's a process of finding out what everyone wants to do, then enacting the plots as best we can between all of us.

Knight's plots sound good- I loves me some character development! The interaction with Alice (as also proposed by BP) sounds equally as intriguing.

Each character can only do one quest at a time, right??
  17. Beefish

No, I don't think there's a limit of how many quests a character can be in, is there? If so, I'm already breaking that rule :unsure:
  18. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Oh, you're right... I'm being bad and cross-referencing forums :=P:
  19. Electronic Ink

Oh, that's a brilliant idea! I can definitely see Alice screwing with magic that's way beyond her and ending up making a bunch of people sick. That's such a good idea, BP!
  20. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Nope, that limit was lifted long ago. You can have your characters in however many simultaneous quests and dungeons as you like.