Friggin Frigid Cold [Bepu and Tent]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by WillowtheWhisp, Dec 8, 2014.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Bepu scratched at his head. "That would be considered by most to be a faux pas, yes. But waiting until he wakes up on his own is also.... not great." Bepu sighed, pondering the situation and any possible answer for a moment, before setting down his pack and beginning to root through it. It wasn't long before he found what he was looking for; it was bulbous and white. "Garlic. I think Yeti's have sensitive noses, yeah?" He pointed at the Yeti's head. The Yeti did in fact have a fairly large nose, but that was hardly indicative of anything. Still, it was better than nothing. Donning his pack again, he crushed the cloves of garlic in his hands, before abruptly shoving them in the Yeti's face.

The Yeti began to stir, but didn't wake fully, only fitfully speaking. "Need.... Sandwich.... Sick of soup...."
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Woah," Tent blinked. That seemed much easier than he expected, "By Din's life-giving womb, man, give him the sandwich!" Tent was tempted to snatch it away from Bepu and shove it into the Yeti's mouth himself. He was still mostly distracted by those red-eyed little icicles, however... It was dangerous to so much as even touch them. It was an unfortunate burden, he supposed, and it was perhaps through that pity he decided to spare them... so long as they were good little abominations and behaved themselves.

Tent moved towards the hefty fuzzy Yeti, trying to help him up into a sitting position... which was significantly harder that it sounds. "Are you alright? I didn't mean to," he hesitated, "Uhm... fall onto you, there." The Yeti still seemed to be in quite a daze, his eyes not fully focused. Tent's guess is that he was either starving, or had his head struck even harder than expected.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    The Yeti winced as he opened his eyes, though he was quickly distracted by a sandwich placed in his gaze. Reflexively, his mouth opened, to which Bepu grimaced slightly. I guess feeding my customers has now become part of the job description. He thought to himself wryly. The succulent sandwich, now that Bepu had it brought out, was quite large. It was certainly enough for the appetite of a Yeti. Frankly, the korok was happy to have it off his back; it was surprising how much many layers of meat, cheese, and greens could weigh.

"No, it's quite alright." He said through stuffed mouth, crumbs and saliva slipping out from his gargantuan lips. "I had honestly forgotten that I had even ordered a sandwich. I'd begun to hear strange noises coming from below the main floor of this house, so I'd come down here to investigate..." The Yeti managed to gnash out. "Name's Yetu." He sat up, rubbing at his temples.

"Well, I guess that's one thing solved. I don't suppose you could get us out of here, then?" Bepu looked up; the distance from the floor upon which they were now located, and the main floor, was most certainly too far for the Yeti to lift them up to. He might be able to throw them up there, but Bepu doubted that....
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Well... first things first," Yetu admitted, grinning through his injury. "I can't take this sandwich for free, but my wallet's upstairs." He pushed off the ground. One hand rubbed his presumably sore temple, as the other brought the colossal sammich to his mouth for another bite. He audibly groaned--but it was difficult to tell if it was because the sammich was so satisfying, or because his head was so sore. Bepu's tip hung in the balance, resulting entirely on this colossal creature's satisfaction and generosity. At the very least, he seemed to have forgotten the delivery man was far later than he should have been.

Tent tried not to marvel at the beast of a man. Although he liked to think of himself as a ventured person, he had never seen such a colossal humanoid creature. His entire body seemed like it could have fit in Yetu's forearm. Even the Mini Freezards seem to be cowering from him. "Please, sir, lead the way." While he wanted to help with whatever that sound was, he supposed it would be rude to intrude more than they already have. Instead, he quietly followed him into the next room. He glanced towards Bepu, giving him a slight smile.

Upon entering the next chamber, what seemed to be not unlike a colossal wine cellar lit by dim lamps, a myriad of giant Skulltula--at least half a dozen--dropped from the ceiling and crawled towards them. Yetu didn't even seem to mind. Had he been hit too hard? "Uh... hey... hey Yetu... you see those right?" Beginning to panic, Tent abruptly set his gauntlets ablaze, assuming a fighting stance.
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Oh. The Skulltula? They tend to give me wide birth, because when I came here, I liberally squashed quite a few of their number. I'd imagine they learned their lesson. They are likely just curious about the visitors." As if to prove his point, he brushed a few to the side with a foot, but what he considered a slight touch sent the spiders staggering back. They scurried off hastily. Bepu watched the spiders scurry off with bug eyes, glad to see them leaving. He really didn't like Skulltula, though they generally weren't interested in eating something made entirely of wood. At least there was that.

It wasn't too long until they were back up the main floor, once squeezing through a side of spiral stairs. It was quite roomy for Tent and Bepu, but Yetu clearly struggled with his broad shoulders scraping against the stone. He nearly bumped his head a few times, but considering it had been landed on, he seemed extra careful to avoid bruising it yet again. He quickly lead them to a room that appeared to be moderately clean, and actually in fair condition, too. Bepu supposed that he should have expected this, but Yetu's "wallet" was in fact a relatively large chest, though it was certainly small for the Yeti.

The Yeti hunkered down in front of it, looking absolutely absurd as he poked his fat fingers into the small chest, trying to pick out certain rupees. It took him far too long to actually fish them out, having to press them up against the sides of the chest with a finger and scrape them out. Bashfully he set them aside, placing them into a tiny pile. "There, I think that is the agreed upon price. I really appreciate your making it out here. I've been surviving on pumpkin soup for quite some time, and I've grown rather sick of it." He let out a mirthful laugh, pushing the pile over towards Bepu.

"We appreciate the business, and hope you have been thoroughly satisfied with your experience. If there is anything else you'd like, then please let us know!" Bepu launched into his memorized lines, giving a tiny bow to his customer. Great, delivery accomplished. He did a tiny fist pump.

"Well, I guess there is something you could do for me, yeah." The Yeti wrung his hands nervously. Bepu unceremoniously returned his hand to his side, trying very, very, hard not to reveal his disappointment on a customer actually taking him up on his offer of further assistance. He really hated the cold.

The Yeti's face began to turn a bit red. Is he blushing? How odd. "The reason I came out here, actually, is because I'd heard of a beautiful Yeti maiden who'd come to live here. I've been here for quite some time, but I haven't been able to find her. I started hearing that noise just a few nights ago, but I've tried every possible route, but I'm just a bit too large to fit into any of them. I'm wondering if maybe she's down there. Maybe you two could...?" He said hopefully, looking from Tent to Bepu. "I could make it worth your while!" He quickly added.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

The flames on Tent's fist were abruptly extinguished, much like the excitement he had at the prospect of fighting Skulltula. It was a bit humbling to know what Tent saw as worthwhile foes, Yetu seemed to consider akin to cockroaches. With a sigh, he admitted to himself that even insects--or whatever those creatures are--don't need to die needlessly.

. . .

From the corner of his glowing eye, Tent spotted Bepu's little fist-pump and smirked himself. He wasn't sure how much the sammich would actually cost, but that did seem like a fair pile of rupees. He, too, was surprised when Yetu asked for something else...

"Uh," Tent began, before realizing he was at a loss for words. Needless to say, the intricacies of affection and love were not exactly his forté--much less what was considered normal social graces among potential Yeti couples. Maybe a disciple of Nayru would have greater experience with that. Still, he couldn't exactly say no--if this man was asking them, then he surely must be desperate...

Rubbing the back of his neck, Tent tried to hide his unease as he eventually said, "We could... we could at least help you look for her, for a little bit, I suppose." He gave an uneasy glance to Tent, realizing suddenly he more or less volunteered the little guy into it as well. With a bit of a sigh, he turned back towards Yetu, "Where have you already looked...?" Surely this mansion couldn't be so large that a maiden could hide it in for very long.

Yetu began to explain the general layout of this apparent mansion, though to Tent's dismay he didn't seem to have any kind of physical map. Furthermore, the way he discovered White Wolfos as 'pups' was... at once both marvelous and disturbing. When Yetu finished, Tent turned towards Bepu with a bit of unease. "Do you want to start in the attic...?" He really wanted to ask the Korok if he just wanted to get out of here, but was uncomfortable doing so right in front of the Yeti he had reluctantly agreed to help.
  7. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Of all the things he'd expected to hear, this was, perhaps, the last. Anything from "Can I get another sandwich?" to "Take my compliments back to the chef." were relatively standard responses. In fact, it was commonly considered rude to actually take him up on his offer. No normal person actually asked anything for a sandwich delivery man, not a sane one anyways. But, here they were, being asked by a Yeti to play matchmaker, or something. I've seen it all. He thought rather dryly to himself. But, no one ever said that good customer service came easy. "Well, I suppose the attic is as good a place to start as any." He responded, indirectly giving Yetu his affirmation. He was glad that was their destination: the basement had been cold, and honestly a bit freaky. Also full of spiders. So there was that.

Going off of the description Yetu had given him, the mansion was quite large; the yeti himself had only managed to explore only a portion. At the very least, he'd pointed them in the direction of the nearest set of stairs, which would take them to the next level. Apparently they were to continue forward, and they would eventually reach a set of third stairs, which supposedly there was an attic. If what they'd seen already was an indication, there was likely to be Skulltula, Keese, and Wolfos on their way. Perhaps, and probably, more. Bepu began walking towards the stairs, waiting until they were out of earshot to speak again.

"I think this may turn into one of my more intricate sandwich delivery stories." He said blandly, giving Tent a very dry look.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"I'd imagine so. At least he paid you--and it seems there will be some kind of bonus for this as well." Tent glanced at him with a smile, trying to cheer him up, "I mean, I'd have to imagine it would be rather large, considering the man uses a chest as his 'wallet.'" He assumed a working man could appreciate the value of rupees, or at least more than Tent himself could. While he himself was helping Yetu due to a feeling of obligation, he couldn't deny he was a little bit excited to explore this area a bit more. If some monsters wanted to battle, well... he supposed Din wouldn't mind if he obliged them.

After knocking down a couple Keese and one Skulltula, the duo neared the third set of stairs. Tent found his eyes wandering towards the surroundings, however. It seemed everywhere they went, there was furniture built for monstrous creatures almost as big as Yetu, and all of it seemed so elegant... or at least, that it had been elegant at one point in time. It would have been beautiful in a way, but the layers of dust, the countless holes, the roaming monsters, and the sheer cold seemed to tarnish it all in such a tragic way. Tent couldn't help but wonder, aloud, "What caused this place to fall into such disrepair...?" Even Yetu didn't seem to live here himself.

Tent took a slight divergence, announcing, "Just a second. Sorry, Bepu, I want to look into something." He approached a colossal bookcase, which must've been over a dozen feet tall. Each book seemed so massive a Hylian child probably couldn't even carry it. As Tent reached for one, he was almost forced to let it fall onto the ground instead of his arms, landing with a potent THUD. A giant cloud of dust kicked up in its wake. Before Tent could look into the pages, however, there came a sudden scurrying sound... Making such racket in this place suddenly seemed like a very bad idea.

He whipped around just in time to see a giant ice spear launching towards his face. It glinted off the side of his barbute--thank Din for this helmet!--with enough force to almost topple him over. The frozen javelin stuck out of the book he had dropped. Tent scowled down at the book, before turning towards the Chilfos who threw it. A tiny bead of light was already launching in its direction... Just as the monster aimed another javelin at Bepu, a burst of flame exploded in its face (or lack thereof). The upper half of its body melted so quickly it seemed to vanish into thin air--a disembodied pair of legs flopped to the ground, audibly hissing as ice became steam.

"...Sorry." Tent glanced towards Bepu with an apologetic look. "Do you want to press on? I don't need to waste your time with my curiosity, I suppose." He rubbed the back of his neck uneasily, and glanced again towards the stairs. It almost felt as if Din herself was telling him not to be so nosy...
  9. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Bepu shook his head. "I'm usually the first to charge in without thinking, so stopping every so often to look around might be just what I need." The korok padded over to the half-melted Chilfos, looking down at the legs. He poked at them with a toe. "Case in point, had we not drawn this one here, we might have continued forward, oblivious, and I might have actually been speared by this guy. Thanks for that, by the way. Blowing it up, I mean." Bepu bent his knees, lowering himself closer to the legs. All ice, and though half of it had been obliterated by fire, the cold kept the remaining bits almost completely frozen.

"I've been thinking about what you said, about why this place was abandoned, leaving it in the sorry state it's in. One would assume age, but the place doesn't seem that old. For the damage to be this extensive..." He pondered for a bit, standing straight once again. "I have to assume that something destroyed parts of the house, and is maybe responsible for the larger portions of damage. A lack of continual upkeep would only contribute, considering the cold, the moisture, and all these monsters. Maybe it was only recently abandoned, say within the past year or so?" He looked back over at Tent.
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Tent perked up at Bepu's words. The Scrub was afraid he was being a nuisance, but apparently his curiosity turned out to be more of an asset--at least in the eyes of this particular sammich delivery man.

"Oh, no problem." Tent strode over to the icy corpse as well, looking over it. It was rather difficult to be pitiable towards a creature that seemed to be made of nothing but ice. He supposed that was Din's way of saying not to worry about it. "I've heard Chilfos can be ferocious foes, but... whenever I've faced them, they melt rather quickly. I suppose that's to be expected, though."

He listened carefully to Bepu's theory. In truth, he hadn't actually considered that possibility himself, but it did seem to check out. "Some of those books didn't seem to be terribly old, either," he recalled, "Not that I'm an expert on literature. Even so... that begs the question... what caused all this destruction? None of the monsters we've met so far would just tear giant holes in a place like this without reason."

Tent eyes the surrounding area with a pensive look. It had been the same case as with most of these ruins--giant, decaying furniture that seemed as though it was once rather ornate. "I can't help but pity whoever once lived here." His brow furrowed, slightly, "They must have spent two fortunes on this place..."
  11. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Bepu shook his head once more. "Something big, or powerful. Probably both. Not even Yetu could have busted these walls as badly, as far as I could tell." Bepu looked back up towards the next set of stairs. "But you're right, someone put a lot of time and energy into this place, which makes it all the more suspicious that it's relatively abandoned. You'd think they'd have the resources to just throw rupees at the problem, to make it go away." Bepu pulled out his sling, loading it with an Ember Seed. He tested the floorboards in front of him, setting a foot down on the boards of the stairs. "I'll bet we'll see more chillfos up in the attic, but I think we're pretty well equipped for that." He began trekking up to the next floor.

------

He peered through the tiny crack he'd opened in the doorway, but he saw nothing but darkness. He hard nothing, though. Bepu moved the door open, readying his sling just in case; but nothing stood behind that door. Instead, the two only saw that a large portion of the roof was missing, and that quite a lot of snow had fallen into the attic. It could hardly be called that, since it was as large as a single floor of a normal house, though it lacked walls. Chests and old furniture made lumps in the layer of snow, but there didn't seem to be anything of interest. At least at first glance.

Trudging to the center of the room, Bepu turned about, his gaze passing over the area. Something did seem amiss, though he couldn't quite place his finger on it. He looked up again, and though he could see the sky, he also noted that an outcropping of rocks from a cliff also hung overhead. Apparently the ruins extended quite far back, with its back wall relatively flush to the cliff side. His eyes trailed down, following the gray stone, until his eyes found a vaguely rectangular shape. Wind had blown snow into it over the years, but Bepu was almost certain it was door; did it lead into the mountain itself? He moved towards it, but was buffered by a strong gust of icy wind.

Snow whirled around like smoke, and once it settled, Bepu understood immediately why he'd felt uneasy. Surrounding the two were five chillfos, snow drifting from them. They'd been laying in the snow. Bepu wondered if they had been actively waiting, or if they'd simply found themselves with nothing to do. But there was time for those thoughts later: he ducked, as an icy spear passed over his head, thudding into a wall. He responded in kind, throwing his Ember Seed at the offender. It lurched to the side, avoiding the seed entirely, but not without having its backside melted partially, the seed colliding with a some piece of furniture just behind it.
  12. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"B-by Din's life-giving womb!" Tent nearly shrieked as he barely managed to weave out of the way of one javelin, only to feel another shoot from behind him, so disturbingly close he felt the ice slick against his neck. Bepu and himself were surrounded--even if he was an experienced fighter, he wasn't going to be able to dodge javelins coming from five directions at once. Their only chance was to end this battle as quickly as possible.

Tent flung a Din's Burst to his side, aiming at the only Chilfos that hadn't thrown yet. As he feared, there was a javelin already in its icy grip. Just as it was thrown, Tent's attack blasted into its front--sending not a javelin, but a harmless flurry of water sprinkling over Bepu. Bodiless legs fell to the ground.

Tent darted forward towards the nearest Chilfos, hearing another javelin land behind him. He made a wild, reckless leap towards the creature. It attempted to block his attack with the blunt side of its icy spear. Even so Tent's flaming superman punch broke and melted through it, before stabbing through the monster's frail waist, effectively slicing it in half.

Tent whirled around just in time to see a javelin flying towards his face--it struck the center of his helmet, covering his forehead--with such power that he was flung backwards, skidding over the snow. Even with a terribly aching skull, the adrenaline pumping through Tent's body hastened him to his feet. He hoped Bepu was holding up, but didn't have time to even glance in his direction as another Chilfos came at him with a spear thrust...
  13. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Bepu didn't have the luxury of time. Before the Chilfos, which he'd partially melted on its backside, had a chance to recover, he needed to take it out. It was the least he could do; thus far, he'd left most of the fighting to Tent, and while he knew full well that he himself wasn't the most adept at combat, the five Chilfos around them was not something that Tent could face alone. He cast aside his sling without hesitation, grasping at a Pegasus Seed. This time, it was blue. Casting it down at his feet, he charged forward at the Chilfos, which was stumbling backwards, its weight shifted from being partially melted. The javelin of another Chilfos whizzed by, too slow to catch the speeding Korok. Bringing to bear his shoulder, Bepu crashed into the unrecovered Chilfos, body slamming it in its fragile chest. Ice shattered as they collided as one into the wall, its spine cracking and its upper and lower body separating.

With a heave, he flung himself to the side and into some snow, another javelin impacting loudly against the wall. Tent had saved him before from being skewered, his Din's Burst blasting apart the assailant, so it was his turn to return the favor. Rolling to the side and to his feet, Bepu skipped, before flinging an Ember seed at the Chilfos currently pursuing Tent. his aim was true this time, engulfing its back in fire and burrowing a hole straight through. Bepu had no time to celebrate, though, as the last Chillfos had approached him, jabbing the spear at him. He narrowly managed to dodge the first few thrusts, but he was backing up at an alarming rate towards the wall.
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Tent aimed to block as the Chilfos came at him with another strike, only to have Bepu's Ember Seed unexpectedly burn into it. As if that wasn't enough to finish it off, Tent threw a ferocious shoryuken flaming uppercut as the monster stumbled forward, quite literally melting its face, and sending it stumbling forward onto the snow, audibly sizzling.

He whirled around towards the last Chilfos--the fool was backing his ally into a corner. Needless to say, such an act would not go unanswered. A ferocious Din's Burst tore into the monster's backside, giving Bepu room to launch an Ember Seed into it. As if that wasn't enough, Tent charged up and literally broke its body in half with a righteous, fiery hook across its waist. It was certainly a good thing these monsters were so skinny and frail right at fist-level...

Breathing heavily, Tent glanced around the room to make sure that was all of them, then looked down at Bepu with a smile. "You alright?" Tent reached beneath his helm, softly rubbing his forehead. That... that was definitely going to be another bruise by tomorrow. He supposed there would be plenty of time to rest it off afterward, however. "That was certainly... unexpected. I wonder if Yetu could handle those things, too?"
  15. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Maybe. Thankfully we have some good ways of dealing with them." Bepu managed to heave out between breaths, answering Tent's question about Yetu. He checked his sides, seeing tears where the javelin had struck him. The extra padding from all his insulation had worked in his favor; his few wounds were nothing but bark deep, and had already closed. He just had to cold to deal with, but thankfully he was wearing a good deal of layers. With some shifting, the holes were mostly closed up. "And I'll manage, I think. Nothing serious here, but now I'll have some scars to go along with what is turning out to be one of the most eventful deliveries I have ever had." Bepu shrugged. He had his fair share of scars, so that was no big deal.

He mushed through the snow, and after retrieving his sling, he walked over to the door he had noticed before. He gave it a good thump, clearing most of the snow from its face. "Think we should go back here? Yetu clearly couldn't fit through here, so we're probably treading in uncharted territory."
  16. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"You might be able to get a Sage of Nayru to take care of scars." Tent offered a slight shrug, "It isn't my area of expertise. Scars, in my opinion, have a lot of character--especially when they're attached to stories as wild as this one." He smiled towards Bepu. In truth, Tent's armor left him with relatively few visible scars, outside of the numerous ones on his legs. He was almost a bit envious of Bepu, for that.

Glancing towards the door, Tent nodded, "It's our best bet, so far."

He carefully approached, standing next to the Korok as he slowly pushed open the door. What stood before them was... wholly unexpected. Despite the ruin of the rest of the mansion, this one room was almost luxurious by comparison. A stone fire was situated in one corner of the room, lit with a smoldering flame. Portraits of various landscapes lined the walls. Bookshelves were neatly arranged in every corner. The strangest thing of all was near the room's center, a particularly large canopy bed with violet veils and gold trim. Though it seemed too small for Yetu, it also seemed impractically large for a Hylian. Through gaps in the veil, there could be seen a body lying beneath the covers--large, the size of a tall Goron perhaps--heaving up and down with smooth, steady breaths.

Tent gave his companion a wide-eyed, curious look. His words were hushed, "I didn't actually expect to find her... I mean, who else would it be other than the fabled lady Yeti?"
  17. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Honestly, I'm more worried about the awkward wood that reforms, than the appearance. Ideally it won't interfere at all with my movement, but you're right, I may need to see a healer about them..." Bepu pondered, following Tent into the dimly lit room; the only light they had was that leaking out from the doorway behind them. Searching around, he found a sconce with a torch, onto which he crushed an ember seed. The flames flared to life, sending more light throughout the room, and beginning to warm it. The room was quite cold, and quite dusty. Very little activity seemed to go on in this room, so Bepu found it odd that right there, on a bed, a living being. She was clearly not dead, yet it seemed, at least from what he gathered, that she, if it was indeed a she, was comatose.

Bepu looked back to Tent, whispering back. "Neither did I. But nothing seems to have been disturbed in this room, though, so it might be safer to assume that either she is comatose, or under some kind of spell, or perhaps that there is something else beneath those covers, under the guise of a living being."
  18. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Tent shuddered slightly at the thought of what would guise itself as a sleeping woman--a truly monstrous creature that would be. Hopefully that suspicions was false, however. Surely to a Yeti this room wasn't very cold--and perhaps she didn't mind things being a bit messy? "Of course," he whispered in return, "It could just be a wanderer who fond a dry, relatively cozy place to nap for the day..." Were Yeti nocturnal? Probably not.

Hopefully it would just be the female Yeti for whom Yetu searched--hopefully that would be the end of the story, Bepu could get paid, and Tent could accomplish a good deed and put a quiet end to this adventure. Tent hoped that, but he somehow knew this story wouldn't end so quaintly, not with a pretty pink ribbon that tied it all together in one nice package. Such thoughts ran through his mind as he quietly sneaked around to the other side of the bed, and gently pushed open the curtain to try to get a close look at what he hoped was the creautre's face...

...She actually looked pretty cute, or what Tent assumed to be cute by Yeti standards. That was, until her eyes abruptly shot open, glaring into his face with no irises, no pupils, but just blood-red orbs where eyes should have been. "DIN'S WO--" he stumbled back, landing square on his ass.

A swarm of snow shot towards the bed in all directions, whirling past Bepu and Tent to focus on whatever monstrous creature this actually was. Before Tent could even figure out what was going on, the snow seemed to concentrate into a single colossal ice crystal, smashing apart the bed. At the center of the crystal stood the Yeti(?), her form faintly visible. The huge slab of jagged ice began to float ominously into the air, soon surrounded by other slabs of pointed ice--all of which were larger than either Bepu or Tent. The creature oozed an overwhelmingly malicious intent, utterly murderous, for reasons Tent couldn't even begin to understand.

Tent's hands lit aflame, thanking Din and all she stood for that ice could be melted by the only weapon he wielded proficiently. The entire floor was broken apart by the floating crystals, leaving one Terrifying Ice Mass floating above two little wooden creatures on the remains of a second-story mansion. Tent had a feeling that, before this was over, there would not be much of a mansion remaining...
  19. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Find him his damsel in distress, he said. I'll pay you well, he said. Bepu didn't care who you were, or who you asked, but a sandwich delivery man was not well equipped to handle demonic potential girlfriends. But, seeing how the rest of his venture had gone, of course she turned out to be some kind of evil block of ice. Bepu didn't even know how something like that was possible. How did one even go about literally turning into possessed ice? He jumped to the side just in time, thick snow beginning to blur his vision, nearly preventing him from seeing a rather large icicle that head been flung his way. And it was starting to pile up, too. If it did, they'd be in trouble, unable to dodge the monster's attacks.

"What's the plan?!" Bepu yelled out, voice going hoarse trying to scream louder than the whirling wind. He wasn't sure that Tent heard him, so he took matters into his own hands. First, a red Pegasus Seed. At a quick pace run, Bepu shuffled through the snow, melting it his own pathway to the Deku. He cast a handful of Ember Seeds at the large mass of ice, and though they were easily caught in the tumultuous mini-blizzard, they detonated as they were flung into the walls, the ceiling, and the floor. The flames guttered out, but not before disrupting the blizzard for a moment, allowing Bepu to ensure his message got across.

"Take these!" He said loudly, holding a few of the fiery Pegasus Seeds out for Tent to take. Of the two, Tent was the more suited for going on the offense against such a beast, but with snow quickly accumulating on the ground, it would otherwise be hard to close the gap. Bepu hoped he was giving Tent the opportunity he needed.
  20. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Tent offered a slight nod. With the warm light now filling the room, he felt more comfortable approaching the slumbering beast. His boots slid carefully and quietly over the floorboards. Was this really a Yeti? Or something else entirely, like Bepu feared?

Before Tent even got close enough to tell the difference, the steady heaving breaths abruptly stopped. The huge body began to quiver violently, sending rickety noises echoing throughout the small room.

Tent's eyes shot wide, before he abruptly doubled back, scurrying over to Bepu. "I-I don't think it likes that fire you've got going...!"

Before either of them could do anything further, the figure abruptly convulsed and shot upwards, sitting in bed. It appeared almost like the Yeti they met earlier--except for those huge, glowing red eyes. Its fangs shot apart with a huge shriek, forcing Tent to over his ears. Its body quivered and quaked wildly, before it abruptly shot high up into the air, shattering the ceiling into countless splinters.

Tent couldn't help but gasp, looking up into the air to see a blizzard tearing through the sky. Somewhere within it, the creature--the Yeti?--was wrapping itself in snow, hardening into a bizarre crystalline structure that soared effortlessly overhead. Even from this immense distance, Tent could feel a horrible malice radiating from it. The ceiling seemed like it would only be the beginning of this creature's destruction.

"H-holy... mother of Din...!!" His eyes shot towards his companion, "Bepu, what the hell is that?!"