Event Horizon

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Doc Genz, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Name: Event Horizon
    Type: Major Offensive Spell
    Fields: Light, Bomb
    P/W/C Type: N/A
    Price: Set Price 140 rupees

Physical Description: The caster raises her arms to the air, as if casting the Void Wave spell. The caster is forced to let out a cry in pain as she strains all of her magic out of her palms. The orb of magic is concentrated on the spot in her hands until she can't take it anymore. The caster then explodes in a burst of her own magic. Everything around her is sucked into the point of casting. The resulting explosion is bright like a star, as the concentrated singularity of magic bends light into itself.
    Description of Function: The explosion of light covers an area of around 50 feet of the caster. The Black Hole sucks enemies and objects into the Event Horizon, where the collection is burned by the starlight. Once the enemy reaches the point of no return, it incurs massive damage.(about the force of a powder keg) Its main purpose is to inflict deadly light damage over a large area. The Black Hole pulls with the force of a mighty Goron warrior, so even large items can be sucked in.

For every level of Magic Power, the user can explode another 10 foot radius.(maximum 70 ft.) The explosion always lasts the same amount of time.(about 15 seconds) As well as the cooldown, which is about a day if the caster is healed properly.
    Limitations: The caster suffers a huge amount of damage in the center of the Event. It's unlikely the caster will be using any more magic afterward, and more so unlikely that they will be able to stand or move. The caster essentially blows up to cast this spell, so it is only effective for suicide missions. The user is also prevented from clearing their dungeon or mission on their own without someone to carry their ragged body to the end. They need a day before casting any magic again, even if they get healed within this time.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    hhhh

Put set price under "Price" and set P/W/C to "N/A". For this particular treasure, I would recommend a set cost of anywhere from 100-130 rupees, though if another staff member or veteran has a different idea, they can include their thoughts as well. For now, it seems well enough, and I see no reason as to why it should not be approved.

(but whether it gets added to the LoT is another story altogether)
  3. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Edited those changes in. I hope this makes a good final attack for some light-based characters.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

When I was adding this into the Library, I had a few questions and suggestions.

1. Was this based on Wisdom before Cloud's suggestion? Basing it on Wisdom seems most appropriate, but, I guess it depends on one's interpretation.

2. The inclusion of Magic Power is a little odd, since it almost always only changes the time that must pass between casting spells, and usually functions by a factor of three (e.g., 90 seconds is reduced to 30 seconds). Since the change in radius is relatively small, and may not be noticed in the non-specific nature of a role-play, I think it would be better if either (a): the change in radius was much larger (like 10ft, 30ft, 90ft), or (b) the spell functioned the same regardless of Magic Power. I can keep it the same if you strongly desire it that way, though. u:

3. Does the caster literally explode apart (like a bomb), or does she just radiate energy out with such intensity that it causes her damage (like the Bomb Mask)? When I was writing the Library page, I felt like this should be clarified, since I wasn't sure myself.
  5. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Welcome back Guy :oncie:

1. Wasn't sure about this one. It contains a little bit of each aspect so I designed it with a set price in mind. Set prices fit major treasures to me, as it requires everyone to prepare the same amount.

2. You can remove the magic power part, but I prefer the 50-60-70 increments. (having it go up to 90 feet also seems like a bit much) The idea behind it is that having a larger "magic bar" would allow more of it to deplete in the process of casting. If this doesn't make enough sense we can remove it.

3. The Bomb Mask type was more what I had in mind. The big difference between this and the demon core detonate spell I made on HS is that it doesn't permanently vaporize your character after their suicide attack. It just hurts them too much to continue fighting.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Thanks. :tpr:

Alrighty then. Click here, and let me know if anything should be changed, or if there's any important details I didn't mention. I didn't include the Magic Power effect for the reasons previously noted.