[EVENT] Harvest Festival...?

Discussion in 'Events' started by The NPC, Oct 17, 2019.

1. The NPC

The NPC It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

Autumn is here, and Hyrule is alight with festivals celebrating its coming, the end of the harvest, and the reprieve it brings. The days before the harsh colds of Winter arrive are growing fewer and fewer, so many try to extend its breath as much as possible with their own, inner warmth. Castle Town aristocrats mingle among themselves, squabbling any petty feuds they may have possessed towards rival families for but a moment; farmers wind down and spend time with their families, their communities, the final harvest of the year having been drawn and the fruits of their year-long painstaking labor being shown; smaller towns across Northern Hyrule demonstrate their own unique flairs and cultures through large festivities, and the King of Hyrule is even known to send generous care packages to many of these villages in a heartfelt gesture; In Southern Hyrule, they celebrate as a reprieve from battle, and in remembrance of their humanity, so they do not forget it; across the ocean, islanders hold festivals even more lively than that of land-folk; many hold competition and sport, whether it be for prize, glory, or a demonstration for their people; the Blins hold contests on who can find the most succulent meat, then serve the meat in a grand party, with the winner being served for the day like a king; even those who once lived celebrate the lives they had, showing thanks to life that still lives and appreciation to those that go on without it. Many find new generosity and luck in this time, whether it be a sudden gift from an acquaintance, a sale springing up on a must-have item that was just slightly out of reach, or a chest tucked away in some crypt or dungeon that just happened to have that special item. Indeed, it is a wondrous time.

But not all is wonderful. In this time brings things that go bump in the night. Stories and legends of mysterious- and something horrific, - beings, the truth to each varying with the tale, find themselves spread throughout the lands, from nervous housewives to babbling guards filled with spirits. Those with a mischievous side, tricksters, as they are called, are more prone to pranks and all manner of devious activity at this time. And there is one trickster who stands above them all- though their name, visage, and demeanor vary by all who come across them, and those who can say they even have are scarce- if they were even aware they had in the first place, - there is none who stand above them in trickery. And this trickster, in all his power and trickery, has chosen to add somewhat of a twist to the festivities of the season. The successful Bokoblin claiming the best meat may find his gifted victor’s crown to no longer be a crown, or the girl with slick hands who managed to nab the magical contraction she had been seeking off the belt of a preoccupied adventurer may end up with something else entirely. Indeed, one should be careful, lest their succulent treat fall to one’s dastardly trick.

You may claim one of the following gifts listed below:

But will your choice be a sweet treat, pleasing your senses, or a nasty trick catching you by surprise? Will your future hold a harmless gift or prank, or a malicious trap springing up at you when you least expect? No one but The Twister knows the answer.

(Each member may participate in this event with up to 2 characters.
    For each character, the player selects a single gift from the above list, then either -Trick- or -Treat-.

If a member selects treat, they will receive the treasure chosen.

If a member selects trick, they will receive a version of the treasure that has been previously twisted by The Twister. These twists, unlike some past twists, are always beneficial and will never permanently modify the character physically, but are not designed for each player specifically (ex. If two players both select ‘Deku Leaf’ and ‘Trick’, they will receive the same twisted treasure); additionally, unlike normal twister twists, once obtained they cannot be reversed to their original treasure forms, but the character is still able to obtain the original treasure in the future as normal.

This event will be open for a fortnight, and will be closed October 31st. The twisted rewards will be revealed after the event ends, and all rewards may be claimed then. It is recommended that members wait until after the event has been closed to make roleplay replies to the event itself, particularly if they have chosen -trick-.)
  2. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar: Beetle (Trick)
    Opal: Hex (Trick)
  3. IgnitedRowlets

IgnitedRowlets New Member new

John Nolan: Will O Wisp (Trick)
  4. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

Phyra: Will O Wisp (Trick)

Romulus: Summon Keese (Trick)
  5. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Flayre: Hex (Trick)

Pip: Terror Mask (Trick)
  6. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Pooky: Mushsproing (Trick)

Evelyn: Transform (Trick)
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius: Hex (Treat)
    VoM: Summon Keese (Trick)
  8. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Yuku, reminiscing memories of festivals and nightlife: Transform (Trick)
    Basil, enamoured with the magic of the earth: Leaf Puppet (Trick)
  9. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas: Hex (Treat)
  10. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Will o wisp for Idris and beeble for Fion, both trick.
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika: Beetle (Trick)
    Melari: Will-o-Wisp (Trick)
  12. The NPC

This event is now closed. Trick rewards will be revealed in the coming few days.

Thank you all for participating!
  13. The NPC

Gifts abound, for all who joined. Was it what you truly longed for, though? Or is the gift you truly sought forever a mystery, lost to an errant choice? Only The Twister truly knows.

Beetle (open)

Hex (open)

Will-o-Wisp (open)

Summon Keese (open)

Terror Mask (open)

Leaf Puppet (open)

Transform (open)

Mushsproing (open)

(At this time, players may make in-RP responses if they wish, either as a follow-up reply in this thread or in their own thread, if desired.)
    Doc Genz and Squishy like this.
  14. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Pooky (open)
    Pooky was excited. More than usual, even. It was Pooky's favorite holiday of the entire year. He sat at his ultra-suspect market stall deep in the Castle Town shopping district. Buckets and buckets of confections were flying off his shelves. No expert could ever decipher how he managed to get his prices so cheap and still turn a profit.

After the long night of selling unprecedented amounts of candy and treats, Pooky retired from his shop stall. But as the capricious Miniblin strolled down the now-empty streets he was suddenly stopped. The overcast of darkness, as it was now past everyone's bedtime, obscured his vision. Was it the Holiday Moblin? He wasn't around this early in the year.

No, it was something else entirely. It was something Pooky had heard rumors about, because of his partner Meryem. Pooky wasn't sure what to say.

"De de de... Trick or Treat?" he stuttered anxiously.

The strange figure said nothing in return, from his desk. The faceless face seemingly had said something with only silence audible. Pooky realized that when he had uttered the word "Trick" that it had an otherworldly emphasis put onto it. As if he was being controlled to say it with more meaning than he intended. However, he didn't necessarily feel like he was being tricked himself. The darkness tonight had a benevolence to it.

A cloud of what looked like dust began to pour like a liquid out of The Twister's mouthless mouth. The spores formed a grey cloud around Pooky before phasing through him and vanishing into his pink fur. Pooky looked back up from the cloud. He was alone.

Evelyn (open)
    Wollo was having an amazing night. His good friend Evelyn had taken him Trick or Treating! Rika had been running houses with them for roughly fifteen minutes, but he considered himself "too old" for the festivities. The candy-gathering part, at least. Wollo was wearing a Top Hat and Wings. . . he was dressed as someone named "Ollie." It was Evelyn's idea, had something to do with "things he wouldn't understand." Wollo didn't always get jokes, but it didn't make him upset at all. Wollo had asked Evelyn earlier what her costume was, as well. She laughed really hard at him. Now that was a joke he really didn't get. She was loading his bag with roughly half of the candy she had pulled in. Wollo was at least glad that his friend was so nice and generous.

Evelyn snickered menacingly. She knew exactly what she was doing. It was today of all great days that she got to con all the Hylians by pretending to be a kid. Her oppressive ego tickled by the fact that she could trick and lie to so many people in one day. There was so much candy she couldn't even eat it all. But Wollo was so handsome and courteous, she just had to give most of it to him. She had gone through almost a dozen costumes throughout the night. That's right, she was hitting the same houses over and over again. Finally, after almost too much of this had gone on, something happened.

"Trick or Trick, nerds." she cackled to herself as she let the door close behind her. There was a loud, booming sound. She whirled around and looked at the door. The wood of the door was completely warped. Twisted, one could say. The door violently burst open, small pieces of door splintering into the background. In the pitch black of the space created as it opened, out of the vacuum came a figure. It was an angry adult Hylian. His face tortured, his beard stringy. Not exactly what Eve expected at this point. The Hylian punched her in the mouth and yelled.

"I am Error!" he blustered.

Not knowing how to connect what she was doing to whatever the man had just said, she continued to recoil back from the punch. As she spiraled through the air, she saw something come out of her. It was some sort of ghost or spirit tearing itself from her body. The door was suddenly its normal shape and completely closed. Next to evelyn was an exact clone of herself, almost entirely opaque. The clone was wearing a painfully dinky set of pink bunny pajamas, like something your aunt would give you.

"Okay." Eve said to herself, straightening herself out. "Which one of us is the real one."

She was serious. Absolutely dead serious. Bunny Eve didn't say a single word.

"If I'm the clone I have to die right? Or I have to keep living as if I were the real one..." she yammered.

"I'm going to steal your identity!" she screamed at the silent doppelganger.
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika (open)
    Rika was having an awful night. His terrible “friend” Eve had taken him trick or treating. They had been running houses for roughly fifteen minutes. Eve had forced a ridiculous, silver ninja outfit onto Rika, while she was dressed as a strangely robed Wizzrobe with a skull mask. What had she called them- Silverg and Neru? He was not really paying attention to her, but she would not stop talking about it, so begrudgingly he put the costume on.

It only took a few houses telling Rika ‘oh, what good costumes you kids have!’ before he’d had enough. Trick or treating was for childish fools who didn’t know how to get their own candy- Rika was well beyond that. That’s right, fools like Eve and the other kids begging hopelessly for their sugary goods. He tossed his costume at Eve’s feet and stormed off, leaving Wollo with her- he didn’t need their handouts!

. . .
    . . .

Rika wandered around aimlessly. He’d pass kids and adults alike, garbed in cloth and costume alike- some had family themes, such as the father Moblin, mother Bokoblin, and child Miniblin. In bad taste for any nearby adventurers, to be sure. Rika just wanted to get away from those fools. He stormed down an alleyway, where the kids didn’t wander. Now he was alone.

“Hey kid,” a raspy voice crackled out. Oh great. “Shut the-“ Rika spun, only to stop once he saw the source of the voice. An old, wrinkly hag set up behind a booth embedded in the wall had called out to him. “What is it the kids are doing? Treat or treating? Hehehe.” She cackled at her own joke that wasn’t even funny. “The -kids- are. I do not indulge, I am beyond that.”

She cackled again. “Is that so? Then, would you like some of my candy?” She motioned towards the array of candy resting on the counter in front of her- had it always been there? Rika stormed towards her, calling out, “I said I do not need your handouts.” He slammed a Red Rupee on the counter.

“A customer, a customer, then!” She cackled. “Then take your pick! But remember, no refunds now, you must choose!”

Rika looked over the candies in front of him. Some were chocolates, with others of a harder variety. They all had to have things inside them- some had worms slithering around, others insects crystallized within.

“. . . Surely you jest?” Rika questioned. “This is your idea of one of those ‘tricks’, yes?”

She shook her head. “Noo, noooo! I do not lie! And you must pick, must! Unless you are scared of my treats? Children never eat them. . .” She mocked, causing Rika’s face to flare.

“I’ll show you who’s afraid, you old bat. I can handle your candy.” Rika examined the various options, before his hand slid over to a lollipop, one with a beetle embedded within. With a swift move of his hand, he snatched it up, and bit the lollipop in half, eating it in a few bites.

Rika clenched his chest, and fell to the ground. It felt like the beetle- no, several of them, - were swarming around in his body, his mind. What had he just eaten? His mind spun for a few moments, before coming back to clarity. “What did you. . .I’ll show you a trick!” He cried out, thrusting his hand forward to launch a Fire at the old lady. However, instead of fire, a sparkling yellow and purple glowing beetle shot out his palm, arcing forward to where the old lady was. It seemed to make contact, though she had vanished, instead having numerous bats launching out of the opening way and fluttering into the air, their pattering wings masked by the loud echoing of her cackle that rang in his mind. Rika’s eyes couldn’t help but shoot upward to follow them, and when his attention returned to where the granny was, there was nothing. No granny, no counter, no booth, no candy. It was a solid wall.

“. . .What the hell was that crazy witch? Did I just get poisoned?” Rika grumbled. Maybe this was all a hallucination from some spiked candy.

Melari (open)
    Melari grumbled. She had spent all day looking through the Lost Woods for the Keaton Herb, a special leaf said to be of great use in illusory potions. This kind of searching, in of itself, was not an especially rare activity for her. What was frustrating was that she was told to find it on the final day of the harvest festival, when the Hylian populace had the largest and most festive parties. Not only was the mood especially ripe for all kind of mischief, it was practically encouraged- she would go as far as to say it was her favorite holiday! So to be forced to be an errand girl on her most favorite of days was the worst. It was so far from Hylian society that she couldn’t sneak in under the guise of searching, either. So, she found herself flying through the Lost Woods in search of this herb.

Suddenly, it seemed like her eyes had caught a glimpse of what she was looking for- a single yellow leaf sticking out of a bundle of green leaves. There was a likely chance it was the Keaton Herb! Eagerly, she flew over and swooped down to pluck it. As soon as she made contact, though, the leaf disappeared in a poof of smoke, and instead her small palm was a large, golden fox-like creature. “Gyak! Unhand me, Minish!” It cried out.

Melari dropped it, then flew back down to hover eye-level with it. “That’s not the Keaton Herb! Where is it?” She barked rudely. “Grr. . . Someone kept stealing my herb, so I disguised myself as it to catch the thief! That’s you!” It accused.
    “Me? No! I’ve never taken your herb!” She defended, despite the fact she just tried to take it. “I was trying to take the wild herbs!”

“That’s what a thief would say! Rahh!” The Keaton roared, before launching burning flames at Melari. She was sent flying back on her broom, zooming around before crashing into the ground. “Uwaaaaaa!” She cried out.

“Nhghhhh. . . “ Was all she grumbled as she lifted her head to gather her bearings. That was when she noticed, directly in front of her face, was a yellow leaf. “Aha!” She screamed, snatching it and jumping up. “I have one now, Keaton!” She cried out to the yellow fox that was making its way to her. “No, that’s mine! You took it when I hit you!”

She grumbled back, “How could I take it when you had yours stolen?!”

The Keaton hissed, “I won’t be fooled by a thief’s tricks!” It went to blast her with fire again, but this time, it was blocked by the yellow leaf. “See? It like me more!” She mocked, holding it forward. Four glowing yellow wisps swirled out of nowhere around her. The Keaton, enraged, launched another flame at her- it made contact with one of her flames, and a violent backlash launched its way towards the Keaton, stopping just short of it. “E-Eek! Don’t hurt me, thief! You can have my leaf!” It cried out, running the opposite direction it came.

“I told you, it’s not-!” She cried, but the Keaton was gone before she could finish. Melari sighed. At least she had- wait. The leaf wasn’t in her hands. Where had it gone? Try as she might, it was nowhere to be found. Guess her search wasn’t over…