[EVENT] Curiosity Shop

Discussion in 'Events' started by Curiosity Shop, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiosity Shop

Curiosity Shop Care for a special bargain?

In a quiet road off the main pass, a tall figure sits hunched over--its body and face guised by a navy blue cloak and hood. As you draw closer, you see a hint of green scales poking out from beneath the figure's crossed legs. An oblong head and a pair of round eyes glance up at you from beneath the hood. A slight smile spreads across a wide, friendly face... diminishing the fact it almost looks like the head of a serpent. In a thick accent, the Tokay asks you, "See anything of interest? ...I accept rupees."

Slowly and without standing, the Tokay pulls open its cloak on one side. Several small trinkets appear, bound to the inner cloth of her cloak:
    • 68 rupees: Dangling down most the length of her cloak is a Flying Broom.
    • 21 rupees: Hanging from a metal wire is a pale, violet gem labeled Actor's Illusion.
    • 21 rupees: A small copper bracelet pokes out of a pocket, labeled Blitz.
    • 8 rupees: A polished little Shield Ring dangles from a string.
    • 4 rupees: A tiny blue Ice Gem sits in a bottle she holds in the opposite hand.

"I will also buy... treasure." There comes a glint in the merchant's eye, "For a spell... or a technique... I can lend you an Imprint Crystal."

~~~

To purchase any of the listed items, simply make an in-character post in this thread and deduct your rupees accordingly. In your post, you are free to control the shopkeeper within reason.

You can also sell one or more treasures to the Curiosity Shop for precisely 50% of the cost you originally paid for it. (If necessary, round up to the nearest whole rupee.) You cannot sell any treasure that is a Trait, is Major, has been Twisted, or was gained for 0 rupees.

The Tokay responsible for this shop will scurry off at the end of November.
    WillowtheWhisp likes this.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Slightly unsure of himself, having never approached a Tokay before, Lyon steps forward quietly. "I... I think I would like these two." He says meekly, pointing at the ring and the copper bracelet. Shuffling silently through his bag, he pulls out the required tiny little gems, twenty nine in total, and hands them over to the Tokay. Collecting his new belongings, Lyon heads back home from his strange encounter, twenty nine rupees poorer, but having gained some useful items.

(-29 Roop for Uther/Lyon, and +1 Shield Ring [No Augments], as well as Blitz)

------------------------

After looking around the area, just to be sure that there was no chance that this was some scheme to waylay him, and his valuables, Dante steps up to the small shop set up on the side of the road. What a strange place to be, but he couldn't say he had much complaint: the items here were valuable, at least to him anyways. Giving eight rupees over to the travelling merchant, Dante collects two Ice Gems, before going about his way.

(-8 Roop for Dante, +2 Ice Gems)
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Ey lad are you in need of a haircuuu- oh. Sorry Sir or Madam, thought you might have hair." Billy spewed, scuffling into the store.

"I don't have hair either, it's just my job. I'm also here to see your wares if you don't mind." he continued, scurrying over to the cloak.

"Madam will do... didn't you notice?" she replied, perturbed.

Billy was visibly shaken. As if human genders weren't hard enough to figure out. All he did was cut hair, to specifications of the client usually. If this Tokay didn't have a beard, the awkward Scrub had little to go on. Did Tokay grow beards? Probably. Billy remembered with clarity seeing Gorons with beards and Zora with mustaches. It had to be a universal sort of thing. He finally got a good look at all the products.

"Oh, sorry. I'd like that wee ring. I have payment right here. . ." he spoke up after an uncomfortable amount of time.

(-8 Roop, 1 Shield Ring for Billy Hopkins)
  4. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Hmm. Quality items here," the knight muttered, looking at the Tokay's selection. The street vendor was new to the area, it looked like. Making a snap decision, he put a couple blues and a couple greens on the table, and was given the jar with the blue gem and the little ring. He slipped the ring on his right hand. "Hmm. What does this...?" he flinched at the appearance of an ethereal shield, though his arm sagged at the sudden weight.

Looks like I'm retiring that legionnaire shield I've been lugging around this whole time.

"You wanna make it go away, break the shield," the Tokay said, closing her cloak. "And don't handle that gem bare-handed."

"
    Yes, ma'am. Take care."

(Shield Ring + Ice gem for Sir Callad, 12 rupees deducted)
  5. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Wiki quickly looked at Spaghet. He was going to be stern for once. He would not lend her anything. She was one rupee off. One rupee. One. Fucking. Rupee.

She wanted to scream. She was going to scream. It was time to scream.

"H-HOW DARE YOU?!" was her sudden wail. "Y-YOU OF ALL PEOPLE?!" She was going to bring up his insistence on wearing his wig, his choices of dress, his mannerisms, and the way he always made sure to take care of himself in ways she has confirmed with others moblins was weird as fuck. He was a weird person and she was a horribly weird horrible person and he was not going to give her the rupees she needed right noW

"No," Spaghet said. "I-I don't give my family members rupees when they treat me li--"

"I treat you like shit they treat you like shit people treat you like shit an--"

"--A-And y-y..." Spaghet turned away. He wasn't going to buy anything from this person. He was also not going to deal with Wiki. The man would have to understand that he just needed to leave the situation.

Wiki looked disgusted. She looked down at the Tokay, even though she probably physically had to look up.. and then suddenly, Spaghet was back. He looked at Wiki, grabbed what she was only a rupee off from acquiring, thanked the shop keeper and walked off. She blinked. She fumed. She wanted to scream and shout she would KILL HIM.

[Spaghet gets shield ring -8 roops from 18
    this doesn't apply for anything I'm posting in now obv]
  6. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas had been on this road for a good half day so far, he had guessed as he glanced up from his book. He had quite the distance to cover still, so he had been reading to pass the time. Stopping at the side of the road, he lowered his book to actually take in his surroundings, only to realize that he was lost. At some point, it seemed, he had not only moved onto one of the country roads away from the main highway, but he had also started walking eastward instead of north like he had planned. His confusion was waylaid only by his sudden notice of the cloaked being nearby.

"Greetings, neighbor," the wanderer called to the merchant.
    "Interested in anything... I have many things..." the Tokay lady drawled on.
    "Enchanted trinkets, I take it?"
    "Hmm... yes, indeed... they are."

Taking a closer look at the merchant's wares, he made note of an otherwise ordinary bracelet yet noted with the word 'Blitz'. "What might that do?" Nicholas asked of the Tokay, so she merely held it out for him to try. Accepting the offer, the warrior slipped the bronze bracelet onto his left hand, fitting nicely on his left wrist. He turned to face down the road, and brought his left arm up in front of him as he focused on the bracelet. He felt a surge of power build and pulse within him, so he swiftly threw down his left arm while his right came up. His body was flung forward at an incredibly speed, until he came to a stop roughly twice his height from where he had once stood.

"Twenty-One... rupees," the merchant announced slowly.
    Nicholas fished out the rupees from his pocket as he walked over, handing them to the lady.
    "Many thanks, kind merchant," he bowed, returning now to the road once more.

He forgot, of course, that he was on the wrong road though.

(-21 Rupees from Nicholas for Blitz, Voting be praised!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.