Desert Colossus - Raz 'n Squish (IT IS FINISHED)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Guzol watched Sayomi with amusement.

"Well have I ever, the girl's learned to kill skeletons!" He clapped his hands, grinning. In the meantime, the last stalfos had tried to creep up on him, but slipped on a loose piece of rock and tumbled down. Guzol pulled out his spear again and slammed it through the unlucky stalfos' head.

Which didn't kill it immediately. Instead the stalfos got up again, spear still in its head. It whipped its head around violently, Guzol could only barely duck to evade it, and drew his sword and slashed the stalfos' spine in half. Then he retrieved the spear and stabbed the head a few more times for good measure.

"...That one was just sneaky." He said indignantly to Sayomi. "It's not like I had any trouble killing it. Anyway, looks like we're on an even score now~" He smiled. "This is gonna get exciting, isn't it? Although you can be sure of it I'll win and you'll be paying for dinner. I like fish, just so you know." He teasingly nudged her with his elbow before walking over to the door.
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

"Even? Nuh Uh! That's three for me and... WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE MORE!?" She cried out, confusion setting in (probably to Guzol too) she just stormed into the next room; which of course just made her more upset.

"Nohohoooo! Not stairs! Why? Why don't you just put Ganon himself here you cruel, cruel world!" she screamed, "Nope. not anymore. you win. I can't win against that many. I am defeat." she spoke quietly as she leaned against a statue.

"Well, that's it for being a knight; maybe I could still be a-AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" her monologue was interrupted as the statue she leaning on fell back off the edge and crashed onto a button.

Even in defeat, she's tearing the place apart.
  3. Squishy

Guzol watched Sayomi with a raised eyebrow. Why did she seem to have such a problem with stairs? He suspected it was some sort of childhood trauma, seeing as she completely gave up at the sight of the stairs in front of them.

Then she pushed the statue over, and it hit a button, opening the door at the top of the stairs. It did seem like they had to go that way. ...Except Sayomi probably wasn't going to climb the stairs voluntarily.

"Alright big girl, looks like you're gonna have to climb this thing one way or another." Guzol looked Sayomi up and down, trying to guess how much she weighed. Then he shrugged, and without a word wrapped his arm around her waist and hoisted her on his shoulder.

"And we're gonna climb it my way! Let's go~!"

And up the stairs they went.
  4. Razgriz

Sayomi spazzed and flailed like a 4 year-old going to Grandma's when Guzol picked her up, banging on his armor in a vain attempt to forever stall the necessary. She kicked and slammed as he began climbing, but her expression and actions all changed as her fellow knight began climbing.

The horror present in her soul crept in her body as they slowly ascended, her ride no doubt wobbling and shifting as the number of steps and height grew steadily. Few things had survived when she fell like this, and was well aware she was one only from luck.

The world seemed intent on breaking her, or at least, tempering her as when he turned a bend not only were there more stairs ahead, but more across the room that would likely have to be navigated (or survived) later. The thought eliminated all other thoughts from her head, and still the number of steps grew...

Finally, after a gut-wretching 30 seconds, they reached the top and opened the unbarred door to find... A spiral staircase, with large broad steps and red carpet laid out on them. As her knight in shining armor ( :D ) moved up the steps, she broke into a cold sweat, her heart raced and her hands became clammy. Then, a feeling broke that of fear, discomfort rather than pain or horror and she began to think about what might be causing it. Well there was the stairs but that was terrifying, not uncomfortable. It couldn't be Guzol, she felt more comfortable around him than anyone else in HAREON. Was the carrying the problem? No she didn't really feel helpless or; wait, when he carried her where was his hand?

"STOP GRABBING MY BUTT!"
  5. Squishy

Guzol ignored Sayomi's tantrum while climbing the stairs, gradually feeling her calming down as they progressed in this hellish ascent. The stuffy air, combined with the desert heat present in this part of the temple and his, to be honest, quite heavy colleague was taking its toll on Guzol.

His heart sank a little when there was a second set of stairs behind the door, but he put on a brave smile and simply pressed on, even though he was starting to sweat a little now. He would certainly be feeling this in his muscles tomorrow.

"Alright, big girl, I think I can see the top now..." He huffed as they slowly made their way up, round and round on the stairs.

When Sayomi suddenly started screaming, he nearly dropped her out of surprise, but managed to grab her legs before she made a faceplant onto the hard stone steps, and hoisted her back onto his shoulder.

"I-I'm not grabbing your butt!" Guzol yelled, embarrassment creeping over him. "I was holding... well..." What had be been holding actually? He had initially grabbed her by the waist, but his hand might have gone a little lower during climbing, eventually ending on Sayomi's behind. But of course, he would never ever admit that.

"I can't help it you're covered in armour except for your arse! There was nothing else to hold on to! Would you rather I dropped you and you climb this thing yourself?"
  6. Razgriz

Sayomi made a scowly face as Guzol mentioned her current... ehm "position". He may have grabbed her butt, but her embarrassment only seemed to overcome her fear for a few moments, "O-ok..." she mumbled, hoping she wouldn't use it against her later.

The rest of the climb was uneventful and less fearful, considering she had something else entirely on her mind. As the last of the stairs gave way and a gate slide up, revealing a chamber filled with catwalks, torches and spinny bits of half-heart-doom.

Managing to squigle out of his grasp and sprint like there was cake to the nearest catwalk and climb it, undoubtedly causing no small amount of anxiety in her companion.
  7. Squishy

As soon as they had reached the top of the staircase Sayomi sped away like a bat out of hell, as if she was somehow uncomfortable with Guzol carrying her. Guzol was about to comment on it, but stopped midsentence when he watched her try to climb the first catwalk.

“Oi, big girl! Watch it!” He ran after her, fearing his companion would somehow manage to fall down and meet a horrifying end by whatever hid in the abyss under the catwalks. Surprisingly enough, Sayomi managed to climb it in relative safety, or at least as safe as an accident disaster prone armour-clad woman could.

He kept his distance from his colleague, keeping a close eye on her in case she should fall over or in some wondrous manner manage to break down even more of the temple.

“So… Do we actually have any idea how we’re going to get out of here? Or where those minions actually are? It seems awfully quiet in here…”
  8. Razgriz

Sayomi was never one to listen, especially not to good, reasonable advice. "Look! Look!" she yelled while jumping. "I made it all the way up here by myself! Without breaking anything and-" she pauses as much of the color drains from her face. "I-it sure is high up here..." mumbled the knight, only about 2 metres above the ground.

In caution Sayomi stepped back, forgetting she was on a thin catwalk and falling back with a shrill scream.

At least until she landed on a large, loose block of grey stone. "LOOK! LOOK! STILL GOOD! NEW RECORD!" she screamed excitedly, not to mention likely finding the next piece of the puzzle to getting through the temple. "Well the tired ghost thing at the entrance said these were evil spirits that worship Ganon! But they could be anywhere! They could be in the shadows, in the stone, in the sand! They could be the stone! They could be you! They could be me! They could even be- Wait sorry, wrong game."

Looking a little sheepish she just started trying to push the blocks apart, not entirely sure where they should go but sure they needed to be moved none-the-less. One of them however, proved to be particularly difficult to push, feeling like it was stuck. But with a great might heave moved, well more like rolled... With the girl still grasping it. The stone flung Sayomi forward crashing through the sand, running over the sun emblem on the floor and thankfully just missing the knight.

The crash of the brick moved some loose rock on the ceiling revealing sun to the floor, but rather than the smile that went onto the last one, the emblem had a look of sheer terror, (with a massive chunk missing).
  9. Squishy

No matter how many mission he would be sent on with Sayomi, Guzol would always be astonished by the woman’s destructiveness, whether willing or not.

He cringed when she almost got herself crushed, but thank the heavens the stone rolled over the sun insignia instead of his colleague. But what happened next was worse than everything they had encountered up to now.

The door at the other end of the room slowly creaked open, and a loud, rumbling sound came from the darkness within. Then, slowly, something came out of the door. Something covered in big shiny armor. Something carrying some pretty heavy and sharp-looking weapons. Something which was probably going to kick both their asses if they didn’t react now. Something which smashed Guzol straight in the wall because he didn’t react fast enough.

“Sayomi! Watch it! It’s a Darknut!”

Not that that hadn’t been clear from the second the creature had stepped out of the door.
  10. Razgriz

Sayomi looked on as the Darknut burst through the door and charged with an almost unnatural speed and force; one that even Gorons would be pressed to match.

While the monster swung viciously at Guzol, clobbering him and launching him into the wall; Sayomi could only see the thing swing it's massive sword and the arc of blood that extended from the hit. For a moment she could feel anger, sadness, loss and all the negative thoughts in the world well up inside her.

Grasping the sword that fell at her side and the shield on her back, she ran towards the Darknut, barely remembering that their armour's only real weak point was on it's back, and that's the side she should appear on.

Then she heard him speak, and the well inside drained. But it left something else there, relief? Maybe, but it felt a little bit more than that...

Trying to use the attack on Guzol and it's continued attention to strike it's flaw. Until the last moment, the attack looked like it would succeed; the enemy had only raised a sword to strike Guzol and made no notion that it had even detected Sayomi. Until it's swing brought the sword in an almost complete circle, over Guzol's head and sending the girl flying across the room. A crimson arc trailing from the helmet...
  11. Squishy

Guzol was vaguely aware of being covered in tons of bruises and a bleeding gash on his stomach, right below his chest plate. But that was the last thing he was worried about right now. He had scrambled up to warn Sayomi only to see her get the full blow from the Darknut and flying across the room, blood spouting from her helmet.

“SAYOMI!”

Rage and horror welled up in him as his colleague dropped to the floor, lying there motionless. Guzol was torn between rushing over to check on her and dealing with the Darknut, until the latter came storming right at him, sword raised for a second attack.

“Shit. No, no… C’mon big girl, not you…” He heaved, scrambling up and grabbing onto his spear with shaking hands. His head was spinning from the hit but he had to hold on. If he gave up now they’d both be doomed for sure.

Guzol took a few shaky breaths, trying to focus himself on the Darknut. There was no way he could take him on like this, but if he could distract or stun it somehow…

Then he got an idea. He vaguely remembered hearing something about Darknuts having a weak spot on the back of their armors and helmets. Everything that happened next happened very quick. Right as the Darknut came storming at Guzol, he dashed forward, wedged the tip of his spear between the tiles and vaulted himself up, pulled the spear out and slammed it onto the ground, creating a shockwave large enough to make the Darknut stumble.

Without thinking twice he leapt behind the Darknut and jumped up again, focusing all his power onto his spear and stabbed it in the back of the Darknuts helm, impaling it.

The Darknut fell over, taking Guzol with it, who collapsed onto the ground, gasping for air.

“I-I’m sorry, big girl… I may need a moment to catch my breath…” He muttered, tears pricking in his eyes as he struggled to stay awake.
  12. Razgriz

Sayomi's head throbbed like a hammer pounding her skull from the inside, the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth while it's smell over-powered her nose. Her vision had become blurry and doubled, and it seemed no matter hard she tried her body wouldn't listen to her.

She didn't know how long she was out, or if she had simply forgotten the blow and the moments she lay there. She tried to force herself up, but the weight of the armor and the nausea in her stomach made that nearly impossible. For hours it seemed she struggled to push herself onto her feet, holding back vomit and holding the armor up; blood still dripping from her face and from her helmet.

Still unable to focus she tried looking around, seeing the body of the darknut with a spear sticking out of it. For a moment relief spread through her, the threat was dead, and there was no sign of Guzol's body around. But... his spear was still here, he didn't have many other weapons. He didn't just leave her here... did he? Then, in a brief moment of clarity, she saw his body, laying in front of the fallen darknut.

"Gu- *agh* Guz? Guzol?!" She ran to her fallen comrade, forming a small stream of blood to the man. "Guzol?! Ho- Wh- WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP!" Sayomi screamed blood falling over both knights' bodies. "Just- Just say something; anything..." she whispered, pulling his head to her chest. Suddenly, clear drops fell onto the man, along those of dark red.
  13. Squishy

Something was disturbing the peaceful nothingness Guzol was experiencing. For a moment, he had felt absolutely nothing, no pain, no fatigue, even though he was absolutely sure he should be in considerable pain for some reason.

Then slowly, things started to come back to him. Something dripping on his head, a voice, a searing pain in his stomach. Someone was begging him to say something. He opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He coughed, wincing at the metallic taste of blood that came up. Finally, he managed to speak, though his voice sounded strange, raspy and not like him at all.

"That Darknut counts for two."

He laughed weakly at his own joke, before coughing up more blood.

"...That you, big girl? ...There's so many of you." He murmured, eyes blinking slowly in an effort to focus. No matter how much he enjoyed the sight of her, seeing his colleague three times was a little discomforting. He raised his hand, trying to touch her face.

"No tears... It's not like I'm- ...like I'm dying, right? I just- I just need a bit of... patching up. And perhaps a nap." He was growing weaker fast, with the wound on his stomach still bleeding, but he had to hold on, he wasn't going to leave Sayomi behind like this.
  14. Razgriz

Sayomi's frown turned upside down when Guzol began to speak, even in that broken speech, even in that poor humour, even with that annoying nickname she was glad just to hear his voice. She didn't wait for him to finish his speech before wrapping her arms around and held him tightly against her. Even if she couldn't feel him, his warmth or the movement of his chest through the armor, only the sound of his breath and feeling of it on her face. The crushing pain in her chest couldn't ruin this for her, not anymore.

But a sudden realization could, that realization being that while she was injured, she'd probably make to a healer, Guzol on the other hand wouldn't without help.

Carefully removing his breastplate, she worked with whatever cloth could be torn from their battered uniforms to stop the bleeding and seal the wound, afraid her tears might contaminate it.
  15. Squishy

A surprised gasp was all that escaped from Guzol’s lips when Sayomi pulled him against her. He was glad for the sign of affection, but part of him also felt… odd. His face was heating up like a bonfire, and no doubt it was a bright red too. He was about to protest when she put him back down again, but then he realised he was still bleeding from the wounds he had sustained in the battle with the Darknut.

“I’d much rather have you take off my clothes in a different… context.” Guzol said with a nervous laugh, wincing as Sayomi patched him up. He was trying to put on a brave face, but it hurt like hell and he was still feeling odd from the hug before.

When his colleague was done bandaging him, he sat up, carefully, to not put too much strain on the wound.

“Sayomi, I… uh…” He stammered, at a loss for words. What exactly did he want to say? He wasn’t even sure himself.

“Thank you.” He said softly, putting a hand against her face.
  16. Razgriz

Sayomi pulled a bandage tight around Guzol's would as she finished bandaging her comrade. Though even that much made her feel bad, Guzol saying that to her made her feel a little embarrassed and angry sure, but part of her felt... well, happy.

The two of them could resolve this later though; now that her comrade was all bandaged up and nearing the end of their mission. Wrapping her arms around her charge, Sayomi carefully lifted him to his feet, a feat likely only possible because of her new-found jewellery.

Before them lay a giant stone door with an ornate lock and chain; broken and dashed off to the side. Whatever was behind that door signalled the end of this ordeal, but also the hardest trial yet.

Yet, no matter how hard she focussed, she just couldn't quite shake the last few moments with Guzol out of her head.
  17. Squishy

"So... that's the end, huh? One more room and we'll be out of here."

Despite feeling horribly weak and limp, and despite needing his colleague's support to stand upright, he put on a grin. If he wasn't going to be able to help out in the fighting part, he could at least try to keep morale high. Even though the last few minutes between them were certainly making him feel awkward around Sayomi.

As they slowly made their way towards the door, Guzol looked at the dead Darknut. Now he had a good look at it, he realised how extraordinarily lucky he had been. He was lucky he had remembered that jumping strike technique, without it he would never have survived, seeing as even now he had only narrowly avoided being split in two. He made a mental note to start working on this new technique as soon as they got back to the barracks and he had recovered.

Right before the door they paused, and he pulled his spear from the Darknut's head. His grip was anything but steady and his entire arm was shaky, but it had to do. It was all he was capable of now.

He patted Sayomi's shoulder, putting on a brave smile.

"Let's get this over with, then we can go home. I'll treat you to dinner."
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  18. Razgriz

"I told y-Caaa! I told you that one counted." She joked, regaining her composure after a hacking cough. She could taste blood on her tongue before, but now it seemed stronger, fresher; best not dwell on it. As she pushed the door up, it felt as though acid coursed through her rather than blood. Her abdomen was particularly intense, having taken the brunt of the blow while deep breaths brought pain to the rest of her chest.

Thankfully, nothing gave out before the door mechanism kicked in and nothing seemed to be broken. The girl could do little but drag herself and her wounded comrade inside, before the door fell shut behind them.

The space before them was cloaked black in the darkness of the temple, though now no longer repelled by a torch's fire. This did not last however, as soon a strange, orange light swallowed the room. Emitted from a large, floating fire and reflected by countless shards of ice high up above; the light marked the return of two witches to the world, already defeated as evidenced by the halos above their heads. Though whether this made them stronger, or stole their power remained to be seen, and Sayomi had no desire to test thoroughly.

She raised her sword and took a defensive stance, made flawed by her pain. If nothing else, at least she had a good meal to look forward to.
  19. Squishy

Guzol swallowed at the sight of the two witches. He nudged his colleague, trying to manage a smile.

"Think they're just gonna let us go? Perhaps if we ask nicely?"

He let out a strained laugh, followed by a raspy cough. They couldn't have been in a worse condition to fight. No matter how hard they tried to put up a brave face, they were both at their limits, perhaps even well past them. Guzol could only stand by leaning on his spear and Sayomi's shoulders, and she herself wasn't doing much better. If they wanted to beat the witches and live to tell the tale, they'd better come up with a damn good plan.

Seeing as the witches had not yet acknowledged their presence, Guzol dared to speak again.

"So, Say... Any plans? Or perhaps some last words?"
  20. Razgriz

"I can -hah- burn her." Sayomi whispered, being forced to take a shallow in the middle. She pointed to the one with Snow-white hair, who seemed to have an affinity for ice.

"Can you take the other?" She whispered, unsure if she could actually take on the first one, despite her advantage. They couldn't just leave now, especially considering the cave-in at the entrance. If they were going to make it out, they needed to do so through the twins.