Desert Colossus - Raz 'n Squish (IT IS FINISHED)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Sayomi Rei +Goron Bracelet & 5 rupees
    Guzol Jocasta +Jump Strike

As he stepped out of the wagon, Guzol was reminded of how harsh and unforgiving the desert winds could be. He helped his companion, fellow guard Sayomi Rei, out of wagon and turned up the hood of his cloak.

"Good thing they gave us these, or we'd be skinless by the time we reached that place!" He said, his voice barely sounding over the howling wind.

The sand swept up by the wind scraped past their faces, almost giving the feeling as if they were walking through a blizzard. Their destination was not far from where they had been dropped off, but the sandstorms, pits of quicksand and endless desert made it a treacherous trip.

They had been send out to the Desert Colossus, better known as the Spirit Temple, which was hidden inside. There had been sightings of various monsters lately, even rumours about some of Ganon's minions showing up. And so captain Denolle had sent the two guards out on a mission to vanquish the creatures infesting the temple.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Sayomi was almost jumping with excitement at her new mission, sure it was just another patrol and clear in an Farore forsaken place, but she'd actually see combat this time and she had another member to show up.

So she ran like an idiot into the temple without regard for traps, ambushes or uneven tiles to trip on. Of course the last was the only one that she suffered and immediately after she hit the ground, two pots wizzed over head toward the entrance; so much for the ambush and traps getting that chick.

Other than a spinning blade, there seemed to be nothing of danger in the room, before a ghostly voice could be heard echoing through the hall; "Adventurers, I am the spirit of this temple, dedicated to protecting it from the evils of this world. I have failed and- wait, haven't I done this before? Damn it, at 14 363 I'm too old for this shit, maybe I'll retire to the twilight realm, always something interesting there... Oh? What? Yes, Ahhem, slay these foul monsters and my blessing will be upon you, as well as the more material blessing found within."

Glory, treasure, and old ghosts? This just kept getting better! Sayomi ran forward, finding a small hole to be the only way forward. No matter for such a knight! She'd just have to crawl through it and beat up the bad guys on the other side... Well after she got unstuck from it.

Less than two minutes in and already the knight was defeated by the dangers (just go with it) of the temple.
  3. Squishy

"Wait up, Say! Or you'll-" Guzol hurried after Sayomi into the temple, and saw her make a faceplant into the stone floor. He was able to dodge one of the two flying pots but the other one smashed into pieces against his pauldron.

"...or you'll fall." He murmered, helping his companion up. For such an important job as an elite guard, she was often way too excitable and usually made the job harder than it actually was. But Guzol didn't seem to mind it much. He appreciated her lively company, it always gave the mission a fun twist.

Like now, for example, as Sayomi got stuck in the tunnel. He snickered at her predicament, sticking his head in the tunnel and calling to her.

"Say? You know this is going to end up in one of my songs, okay?" He laughed. "Alright, enough kidding, I'll get you out!" He removed his pauldrons so he could fit into the tunnel more easily, and crawled in behind Sayomi. If he could either push or pull her out, the problem would be solved. Except he forgot he was far bigger and broader than Sayomi, and as such got stuck behind her.

"Din's tit. Now we're both stuck." He sighed angrily. "...Please tell me you've got some sort of trick to get us out? I don't want to die staring at your behind. What if someone finds us years later?"
  4. Razgriz

Sayomi grunted and squeaked as she struggled to free herself. She squiggled and twisted herself in a vain attempt to free herself (Although the plate armor on her bum somehow managed.) and she only succeeded in giving Guzol a good show.

She took a few deep breaths as she began to give up on freeing herself, the temple had already crushed Say's hopes of freedom and glory, without even a monster appearing. She allowed to her head to fall as death overtook her... soon... any second now... must've gotten stuck with the various monsters inside, give him some time... DIN DAMN IT! DIE ALREADY!

Ohhh wait, my bad. Forget that last bit, her clumsiness saves her; kinda. Her head hangs between her shoulders, mere inches from the ground before it suddenly hits. Suddenly freedom was hers! If the spreading cracks didn`t take it again!

Like a bat outta hell (Or a hole in the wall as it was) Sayomi crawled forward vigorously to escape the collapsing passage; there was no way back now, or a way to explain why the temple they were supposed so secure began collapsing.

Ohhhh well, another time another place.
  5. Squishy

Guzol managed to scramble out of the tunnel after Sayomi, right before it collapsed and it became blocked with debris.

"Hmm, well, looks like we'll be in here together for a while. That passage isn't opening up anytime soon." Guzol pondered for a moment. Then a bright smile spread on his face and he pulled out his lute, strumming a few chords.

"Might as well make our time here a fun time!" He sauntered further into the hallway, as the passage had lead them in a somewhat dark, narrow hallway with a door at the end.

The chords started to turn into notes, which in turn turned into a song, and Guzol started to sing.

"Poor Sayomi, she was in a real tight biiiind~ But luckily for the world, we had a great view on her behiiiiiind~"
  6. Razgriz

Sayomi couldn't help but smile as Guzol began to play the lute, she had always found the instrument calming and uplifting, almost as if she weighed less. She even had time to enjoy the music for there was little in the hallway besides a few spinning blades, easily avoided.

And then he started singing...

Well at least she just ignore the bat-monkey-esque screeches he called vocals and concentrate on the lute. Then he brought up his most pleasant view ( :wtf: Perv) of her butt. With blushing red cheeks, the girl went into a flurry of embarrassment and confusion "No- You- I di- Tha-... Pervert!" She yelled, and stomped away.

Suddenly, she realized she still felt lighter, and so began jumping around and grabbing random parts of her body to try and find out what. Sword, check; Rupees, check; Book, check; klutziness, takes a miracle to uncheck; armor, cheeeeee..." Upon grabbing herself, she realized that her bottom lacked the protection afforded to the rest of her. That could only compound the embarrassment felt earlier.

Her cheeks turned bright red from this new development, and without realizing what she was doing blurted out: "WHERE'S MY ASS ARMOR!?"
  7. Squishy

"Really now, Say, I'd almost start to think you're doing this on purpose to get in my songs! Although grabbing your behind like that and shouting 'Ass Armour' at the top of your lungs won't win the guys over. ...On second thought, it might win Lando over, but anything that remotely resembles a female does." Guzol chuckled. He slung his lute back on his shoulder and inspected the door at the end of the hallway.

"While you search for your bum, I'll try to get this door open." He brushed some sand and dust from the door, uncovering an engraving. It consisted mainly of ancient stick-figures worshipping a slightly bigger stick-figure, shooting what looked like fire and something else from its head. That is, if it was worshipping that the stick figures did, and not something like flailing around in panic and dieing in a terrible way. Which was acutally a lot more likely.

But unfortunately for the engraving, neither Sayomi nor Guzol was an archaeology enthusiast and didn't give two figs about its probably incredibly large historic value. Especially not Guzol, who tried to cut the solid stone door down with a mighty swing from his sword. Sadly it didn't have much of an effect on the door, leaving only a large gash straight through the engraving. Then he came up with a plan B and took out his spear, wedged it between the door and the ground, and pressed it down, trying to push the door up. Which didn't work either and only caused the spear to slip from Guzol's hands and smack him right up the chin.

Plan C seemed to finally work. Guzol had put both hands against the door, pushed, and it slid upwards into the ceiling.

"...Right. I might have thought of that sooner."
  8. Razgriz

Sayomi smiled smugly as she moved through the door, "Even I could've thought of opening the door." She mocked, sticking her tongue out at him. Of course, a Stalfos fell from the ceiling right then, knocking Sayomi on her bum; a position she was all too familiar with. This time however, it hurt, lacking the protection afforded to the rest of her body.

"Every-Time!" She screams at the skeleton, as angry with it as herself. And angry she was. She pushed herself up off the ground and toward it's falling sword, bringing her own up just in time for a parry. Their blades locked for but a moment as Say threw his to the side as it withdrew, allowing for but a single stroke which scraped against the steel of it's shield. Leaving an opportunity it just couldn't refuse...

The undead thrust it's weapon toward her, saved only by her armor the knight grabs it's wrist and forces the arm past, bringing her fist down on it's face. Only a full jump back broke her grip, leaving them several feet apart as energy flowed into her sword...
  9. Squishy

Guzol watched Sayomi struggle with the skeleton with an amused expression on his face. But when the skeleton knocked her back he drew his spear, ready to interfere if things started to look ugly... or just to be a jerk to Sayomi.

Right before she had charged up her attack, he jumped in, stabbing the skeleton through the skull and flinging it aside.

"And even I could have thought of just impaling it's head." He said with a lopsided grin. "And stealing your kill, of course." He laughed, sometimes he quite enjoyed being a jerk to others.

"Sorry Say, but look at it in the bright side, there'll be tons of other skeletons to destroy." He thought for a moment. "Hmm... How about we have a little game? See who can kill the most skeletons? The loser's gotta treat the other to dinner! Or drinks, or whatever floats your boat. 'Cause I ainĀ“t gonna lose!" He folded his arms behind his back and walked further into the room.
  10. Razgriz

Say looked jealously at Guzol, she was totally going to kill it like a boss. But then he stole all the glory with a spear to the face. The anger was beginning to well up inside her, managing to hold herself back, only a hint of jealousy escaped into her words. "Fine, but you'd better make it a nice place!"

As he turned his back, Say brought the sword close to her face and whispered "You'd better not- You're still charged aren't you?" A smirk crossed her face as she thought of a plan.

As Guzol moved toward the edge, Say unleashed her spin attack with the flat of her blade, knocking him just off the edge and making him grab on for dear life; as Say casually walked up. "Now who got that skelet- WOOOOAH!" she screamed as she slipped off a loose rock, knocking her off the edge and kicking Guzol down; who was now grabbing Say's feet.

"NO FAIR! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?!"
  11. Squishy

Guzol was happily whistling to himself when Sayomi suddenly hit him in the back. He clung to the edge of the floor for dear life.

"Say! I'd appreciate it if you'd just tell me you hate my guts and want to kill me!"

And then it happened. Gloating over her sort-of-victory over Guzol, Sayomi had failed to see a loose piece of rock, and slipped over it, collided with Guzol and made him loose his grip on the edge. Luckily for him, he was able to grab her legs right before he fell into what was probably a very deep pit.

"Is it me or are you really trying to make a point of showing your more private parts to me?" He asked with a grin.
  12. Razgriz

Sayomi's face squinted and almost seemed to twitch as she tried to think of a come-back to the quick-witted Guzol, too bad he didn't have the wit to escape this himself. "W-wha-well are you trying to show me... Your face?!"

She quickly turned away from her rival, instead distracting herself by saving their lives. Using her dagger to anchor herself into the cracks on the stone floor, she used her other hand to slowly pull herself up; A tiring and painstaking process considering she had another fully armed and armoured guard hanging off her legs and staring up at her bum.

A momentary rest for the blue (in armor and color of her face) knight after she was safe and sou- HEY! He can pull himself up!

Anyway, while laying there catching her breath she saw the bridge to cross the chasm... up and with the switch carefully placed behind it, a difficult shot if ever there was one.
  13. Squishy

"My face? If that's makes you happy, I can show it to you all day! I'll even throw in a free smile!" Guzol said as Sayomi tried to haul them both back on solid ground.

When she had pulled the both of them up, he saluted her with a grin, stood up and adjusted his armor.

"So, where's the next bottomless pit to fall into?"

He followed Sayomi's gaze to the bridge above them, and spotted the switch hanging over it. It was quite far, but not completely out of reach. He could try throwing his spear...

"Alright, let the pro solve this one..." He walked back a little, got out his spear and took aim. Then he ran forward, right to the end of the pit and flung the spear at the switch.

By some completely ridiculous stroke of luck he managed to hit it, and not only that, the spear even landed neatly on the bridge while it came down. Seems like things were going right for once.
  14. Razgriz

Say just walked across the bridge with her head held high, she was starting to figure out that she just couldn't beat him in a battle of wit(ty comments) and moved through the next door without so much as a glance back to what was sure to follow her.

In front of her was a thin walk-way with a sharp spiny bit half-way and a monster at the other end, a dry, cracked, but still massive mummy. She raised her hand to her chin, Hmmmm, how could she get across... Then it hit her (No, not the spike you doltz!).

Laying down on the ground and straddling the walk-way, she pulled along the edge of the stone with her hands and pushed off with her feet, all in quick succession. Of course, to anyone who didn't know exactly what she had planned (which is everyone but her) it would look like she should've at least bought the rock dinner first with the way her hips were moving against it.

Still, it moved her the length of i- oh right the sharp bit, that might take a bit more than suggestive thrusts...
  15. Squishy

Sayomi was the first to cross the bridge, Guzol following a few steps behind. In the time he picked up his spear Sayomi had already walked into the next room, and when he entered, he was greeted by a highly unusual sight.

"...Now you're not even trying anymore! I- I just..." He stammered, not knowing if he should be embarassed or entertained by what he saw. "I don't even know what to say! I don't know what to say! Not even one witty reply!"

He sighed and tugged at his collar, not really sure how to react to his colleague. Then he sighed and stepped onto the walkway.

Right at the same time the mummy on the other side started moving...
  16. Razgriz

After reaching the half-way point, Sayomi was greeted by another one of her wonderful idea, as she approached the killy thingy, the let her grip go and lunge toward it, grabbing it instead. To her surprise (should she really be surprised?) it worked, and pulled her along; all too well. And that's the thing, a spikey ball of death moving at high speed isn't the best way to get around, especially as it slams you into a stone wall twice a second.

Still, after a few rounds, she managed to grab the other side and hump along it till the end. This left only the mummy in the way, and a quick, uncharacteristic helmsplitter put it behind her... Ohhh but not dead. The abomination howled in pain toward the girl who, momentarily startled by it, reacted by head butting it; hard.

"Owwwwwww..." she moaned as the thing fell down the chasm, "Riiiiight, I was supposed to kick that"
  17. Squishy

The mummy wobbled a bit after recieving such a powerful headbutt, and unfortunately (?) lost its footing and fell off the walkway, into the bottomless pit below.

"...That doesn't count, you know." Guzol said as he watched the mummy fall down. "It's not a skeleton and we don't know for sure if it's dead or just...down there." Then he grinned. "Which means I'm still winning! You'd better start counting your rupees!" He carefully continued his way across the walkway, stopping in the middle. He waited for the right moment, raised his foot, and stepped on the spinning blade on the floor, letting it move him to the other side before stepping off.

"So, you're already thinking of a place we can go? Make sure it's fancy, okay?"
  18. Razgriz

Sayomi cried out as Guzol ripped apart her accomplishment, "Nu uh! It was a skeleton! It just had a lot of band-aids on! And fine, you fall down the bottomless pit and see if it's still alive!" she protested. And quickly walked past him into the next room, intent on killing at least the next skeleton. Inside though, she was disappointed. There was another bridge up, but at least the switch was easily in reach.

Even across the chasm there was no resistance, only a single chest with a Goron bracelet and blue rupee within. The next room seemed to be just as disappointing, as it was large and open with only sun relief in the floor being only identifying feature.

That is until 3 skeletal lizalfoses dropped around them.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  19. Squishy

"You couldn't see if it was a skeleton! It was a... a wrapped-up thing! Definitely NOT a skeleton!" He crossed his arms and huffed. He wasn't going to let Sayomi win this bet.

"I thought you were the best one at falling down?" He asked in a teasing tone as he followed her into the next room. The room itself was empty, except for the inches of dust on the floor that billowed up when they foot on it. Guzol sneezed loudly. "Someone should sweep a broom through this place sometime..."

The bridge was lowered and crossed without incident for once, and even when they got across things remained peaceful. Almost too peaceful. He let Sayomi take the bracelet, although for a moment he did fear the imminent destruction it'd probably cause.

In the next room, things finally got a little more interesting. As soon as the 3 skeletons dropped down, Guzol pulled out his spear, ready for a fight.

"Alright, Say, I'll take these guys!"
  20. Razgriz

Sayomi only smiled as Guzol shouted his claim to them, as he hadn't really done anything yet; plenty of time for a rival to steal them.

She scanned the three for how much armor on the head each of them had, while only the one in full plate had any. This only made her more anxious to carry out her master plan (of beating Guzol).

She jumped as high as she could manage over one before loosing a wicked slash to the back of it's neck, severing the head and killing it instantly. The knight was celebrating in her head, too early, as the up-side-down head came crashing down right in her arms.

"Eww Eww Eww!" She shrieked, hitting it up with each of her arms like a sick, strange version of hacky-sack. "It's Grooohohoss!" finally hitting it up and away from her and toward the nearest wall.

In the time Say was preoccupied with the head, it's living and very much angry comrade had begun charging and by the time Sayomi noticed it was far too late to do anything about it...

Thankfully some random Lizalfos skull feel from the heavens and Bonked it's head good. The undead abomination crumpled to the ground, near dead when more falling debris crushed it under the stone slab recently dislodged by an unusual flying organ (or UFO for short). Light flooded the room and the mysterious stone emblem lit up and spun, seemingly unlocking the door in the process.

"YAAY! Falling down is now good! Which means I'm the best!"