Demon Slayer (open, feel free to join)

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Premium Chaos, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Name: Demon Slayer

Description: Three very adept mages practicing dark lore are attempting to resurrect a forocious demon from the after life to savagely destroy the new town of Impa in the name of the Dark Lord Ganon.

Leader of the mages
    1/5/1

Two apprentice mages
    1/4/1

Demon
    5/2/4

Players/Characters:
    Premium Chaos: Rogue
    Ultra5: Jacob
    Cloudy: Julius
    tsubori: Phiorra
    Razgriz: Sayomi
    Quill: Marcus

Reward:
    Rogue: 50 rupees
    Jacob: Fire Breath, Flame Choke, 5 rupees
    Julius: Hover Boots, 10 rupees
    Phiorra: Level 5 Light Priestess, 20 rupees
    Sayomi: Fire Breath + 10 rupees
    Marcus: Haven't decided yet
  2. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Hmm... Can I join as one of the evil people summoning said demon? :haa:
  3. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

I'm not sure how that would flesh out. Care to explain? :p
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob and Eysseth offer their support if you'll have it.

Treasures for Jacob will be: Fire Breath (30r), Flame Choke (15r), and then a blue rupee
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    yayyyy Julius yayyyyy

Due to my recent resignation of Starving off the Cold, I will be signing up Julius for this quest thing here.

His reward will be a uh...a pair of hover boots, plus the ten rupees remaining.
  6. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Phiorra is all done and being graded probably tomorrow, and she'd be perfect for this.

She'll take a rank up to level 4 Light priestessdom and 20 rupees. (Extra ten from one of the profession abilities)
  7. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Mind if I throw in Sayomi for consideration? I'll take rupees as a reward
  8. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Problem. There are six people signing up.

I hate six. Please let me sign up, to make it a good seven. :tpr:

Even better, the total will become eight; a perfectly symmetrical number. And the sum will be 15; a number cleanly divided into three parts of five.

It is with this in mind that I apply for a spot on this team. Can I come, please?

EDIT: I just found out that Adad wasn't joining. T_T Well, there would still be 6 people playing. I still hate 6. Can I still join up?
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

My god.. o.o I wait for a month and no one wants in now I got 7...

Okay well if all of you are joining then we need to make some rules about posting. So far the posting order is me - tsu - ultra

So the rest of you (minus adad because he can't be a bad guy. :P) can decide the posting order. If someone doesn't post in X amount of days their post will be skipped to the next person in the posting order to keep it moving.

So what should X be?

Submissions are now closed so lets get this thing graded. :U

Edit: Also remember that you don't have to meet up at the beginning. You can figure out about the demon a different way and meet at the dungeon. It is better than having a clusterfuck of a conversation. :U
  10. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

If possible, could I change my reward to Fire Breath and +10 rupees?
  11. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

IMO, it should be about three days that we wait for someone, unless they specifically say what's going on and why to wait. Maybe a bit short for the time, but I think with this many people, it's justified.
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I concur. Three days seems sufficient, without a proper reason of course.
  13. Quill

I am directly involved with this quest, so I don't think I can grade/accept it. Sorry.

I agree with the three day deadline. It is one of the best available options. Also, I would like to elaborate on Chaos' suggestion; we cannot all be in one group. Conversations will be hellish. Our characters can either solo it (maybe for one or two of them), and the rest perhaps should split into different parties? Do we want to start figuring them out here, do it on the C-box whenever, or just wing it and see what happens?
  14. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Not everyone has rewards yet, but approved mostly. HOWEVER, there is a small problem.

"The rewards of a quest are determined using a scale of rupees. By default, every quest has the same reward: 40 rupees for every player involved, and 10 rupees for every character involved. A single player's rupee reward caps at 80, and a group of any size has a cap of 200 rupees attainable."

As such, the max rupees you guys can get is 200 and your rupee allotment is obviously over 200. As such, you guys will have to come to some sort of conclusion on how to spend rupees with this max in place.
  15. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Hm, What good does that rule do? I know it is not up to you and you only enforce it but this is to the higher ups as well. I don't feel like I(or anyone in the quest for that matter) should be punished for wanting to roleplay with a large group of people. If anything how slow the quest would get should be punishment enough. So realistically we can only roleplay with 4 people and get the full rewards we deserve and that is if each person only has one character. (as I said this is in no way bashing Eevachu just me ranting)

Furthermore I am in a predicament of having to choose who to roleplay with. Which I don't like to do because I don't like making people mad. I see four options.

A) First come first serve
    B) two people respectively drop out
    C) Amend a poll to see who we all wish to rp with the most.
    D) Fight to the death in the arena(kinda counter productive)
    E) Compromise on rupees(which I personally don't want to do)

Personally I think the poll idea could be innovative considering it has probably never been done before. Everyone chooses the three that they wish to roleplay with(including theirselves) and the winners get the spot. Though I am probably being really cynical right now :P
  16. Quill

You forgot options F, G, and H; some people go without rupees, don't do the thread at all, and lobby for a revision of the rules. :P

The best thing to do would probably be to combine A and B. See who drops out immediately, and then start going by seniority.

Do not do C. It will not end well; popularity contests never do. Unless you want to foster feelings of animosity between roleplayers, please do not create a poll on who everyone wants to RP with the most. Losers will hate you, and themselves. You can, and it would be an interesting social experiment, but whether it's a good idea is debatable.

As for D, well; I would like it if Arena threads were more common, but it's not a very effective solution, unless you want to wait a while. Then it is very effective. Just choose the winners.

E sounds messy, restraining, and a waste of time. I wouldn't recommend that.

But, none of those are really good options, so moving on.

Having said that I believe (A+B) to be the best solution, I respectfully withdraw my name.
  17. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Actually probably found a better resolution.

We all have interest in this quest. That is obvious. Lets divide into two groups and two separate quests. Canonically it may sound impossible but there will be obvious differences between the ways that it will be done.

Not playing favorites in anyway. But since Tsu and Ultra have already posted in my thread it might be best for us to be a party and for Quill/Cloudy/Rag to be a party. Of course one member can go to either party if needed. :U
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    But I'm already mostly through with my post for the thread :U
  19. Quill

I should have listed that, you're right; I just didn't think that anyone would want to copy this thread into a different one to accommodate for all the people interested in doing it. Silly Quill. If someone does make a duplicate of this thread, yeah; I'll join up, but I'd just as soon join up with another proposed quest. So, whatever. :U
  20. Quill

Welp, Will said that the rupee limit was waived for this thread. So, sign me (Marcus) up. Again. XD