Character: Vayrin Kandar

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Legit Violet, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Legit Violet

Legit Violet Tourist of Hyrule new

Name: Vayrin Kandar
    Race: Hylian
    Place of Origin: Nabooru
    PWC: 2/4/1
    Treasures & Rupees:
    Magic Proficiency (default)
    Message (default)
    Rupee Riches (default)
    Summon Keese (25)+Augmentation: Multiple Keese (15) [TOTAL: 40]
    Shadow Ball (35)
    Sonata of Soothing (15)
    Helm Splitter (35)
    Lens of Truth (15)
    Song of Storms (40)
    Current Balance: 30 :roop:

Equipment
    Vayrin carries little with her as she has been known to rely on her magical abilities to help her through situations. She does, however, carry an old steel short sword on her hip, along with some iron gauntlets. She wears light leather armor fashioned with iron buckles, along with an iron chest plate overtop her leather armor. She wears tall leather boots with various iron buckles as well. She also carries a brown pack on her back, which can usually be found containing rations, bottles of fresh water, Deku seeds, an ocarina (for music triggered magic) and other useful items needed for an adventurer. Vayrin's acrobatic agility training allows for graceful dynamic swordplay. Though she does not carry a shield, she more than makes up for it with magic and her sense of tactical prowess.

Appearance
    Vayrin is 5'7 feet tall and weighs about 135 lbs making her look like a relatively normal Hylian teenage girl. Her hair is a light sandy blonde color that hangs long and creates long bangs she usually has swished onto one side. Her hair hangs to her mid back, and her Hylian ears usually stick out from it. Yet she may sometimes have it in a bun whenever it seems necessary. Her eyes are a straight deep emerald green that can easily reflect, and her face bears no freckles. Her skinned was a lightish peach color, which in contrast made her eyes stand out even more from the rest of her body. Her arms are thin, but still have enough strength to easily wield her short sword. Her most interesting feature is a long scar on her shoulder, that stretches down to below her collar bone. A wound she received from an unfortunate encounter with a Deku Baba, but she usually tries to keep it covered at all times. With either clothing or armor. Due to her slender physique, she is naturally very fast and agile and can easily roll or jump out of the way from slower-moving opponents. Underneath her armor, she wears a normal Hylian garb consisting of a light blue cloth shirt, and leather pants. She will almost always be wearing her leather boots as well.

Personality
    Vayrin is usually a serious and determined girl but still has kindness towards others. She can be mostly benevolent, along with honest, brave, and relatively clever. Although she can hold a grudge towards those who have done her wrong in the past, and may not forgive them unless they prove worthy in some way to be forgiven. Even so, she has a fierce loyalty to those she is close with and will intervene if they are in any trouble. Vayrin is also very careful on who she trusts, and it can be hard to earn. Similar to being forgiven, she will not trust someone fully unless they prove themselves to be trustworthy. As said before, Vayrin is very determined to get what she needs. So when she has a certain task set for her she will complete it to the best of her abilities. With or without anyone else's help.

Background
    Vayrin was born and raised in the village of Nabooru. Sadly though, her mother died during childbirth, and she was left with her father. As she was a child, she would often sneak out at night to meet with her childhood friend Grenor, a Goron child. They would sneak around the town and pickpocket unwary citizens, and cause other mischiefs they thought were funny. After the years went by she had become very accustomed to her physical and magical abilities. She had taken a keen interest in the arcane arts and learned basic spells. Her father then began to train her with swordplay and educate her on the ancient history of Hyrule at the age of 14. Vayrin's father was a proud researcher and at one time a great and experienced adventurer. His travels had taken him all over Hyrule, even to the dangerous southern lands. For years he studied different ruins and forgotten civilizations and planned to eventually pass his knowledge down to Vayrin.

As years passed by, she became skilled with swords and fashioned her own. Soon after, as a mark for respect, her father gave her a gift. A Lens of Truth. She never got an answer as to why he gave her the lens, or how he managed to get it at all, for that matter. All he said to her was "It's a secret to everybody". Soon her father left Nabooru village to join the Hylian guard in Castle Town, his motive for the reason seemed unclear to her. He never really gave her a straight answer as to why he was joining the military, but claimed he owed a favor to someone. However, somewhere along his journey to Castle Town her father had mysteriously vanished, and has not been heard from since. He eventually became presumed dead. After these events Vayrin had been strongly persuaded to become the girl her father wanted her to be, so she continued to practice her swordplay and magical abilities until she felt like she was ready to leave Nabooru and venture across Hyrule, because one thing in her mind was clear. Vayrin wasn't convinced her father was truly gone. Something in her mind was telling her that her father was still alive, and she needed to find out what happened. She knew people didn't just vanish, especially a well trained swordsman and experienced adventurer like her father. And she was determined to figure out where he was. So when she turned 17 she felt her abilities were more than a match for the landscape of Northern Hyrule and was prepared to discover the fate of her father.

She was ready to leave. She was going to find him.

Vayrin's Adventure So Far
    Vayrin finally embarked on her quest to find her missing father. After discovering an old field journal of his, she had a definite lead to where he might've gone. Armed with a pack of essentials and her trusty sword, Vayrin began to head north to Castle Town. It was there she planned to gain information about her father's location from the guard he had claimed he was going to join.

However, Vayrin's adventure had barely begun when she encountered a Rito mercenary on her way to Castle Town named Ni'Ran. After a somewhat awkward introduction the two quickly became comfortable. Ni'Ran was heading towards Castle Town as well, and offered to be Vayrin's guide seeing as she had never been before. She agreed and the two set off from her campsite the next morning. During their travels however the two had stumbled across an ancient ruin within an old grove. Dark magic lay over its exterior, and Vayrin could sense it. Ni'Ran also had the same gut feeling, but before either of them could speak they were interrupted by the loud roar of a Moblin.

Ni'Ran was conflicted about fighting the beast, knowing that Vayrin could be put in grave danger if he did, so the two made a run for the dark temple's entrance as the Moblin pursued. Luckily Vayrin's skill in magic managed to collapse the entrance behind them to prevent the monster from following, but in turn blocked off their only known escape from the dark ruin. With Ni'Ran leading the way, the two made their way through the temple. After many battles and close encounters with the monsters within, the pair came to a large open room with a solitary figure inside. It introduced itself as "The Demon Lord" and quickly attacked them. Vayrin and Ni'Ran were eventually able to tire our the mysterious figure and he vanished. After which they found an exit from the temple, and Vayrin came across a magical Song of Storms that had been hidden deep within the ruin.

After this unexpected detour the two companions made it to Castle Town the next day. After giving her thanks and exchanging their farewells, Vayrin would begin her search within the largest city in Hyrule...
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Hey! Thanks for applying to Hyrule Castle and joining our roleplay community.

So, overall, your application is fine and dandy -- you have plenty of room for character growth, and all that jazziness that I tend to miss out on, but that's less important. Anyways! I've noticed one huge flaw amongst a few smaller grammatical errors (which I would appreciate if you'd fix -- it's mostly just things like capitalization, maybe restructuring a sentence here and there -- a little more detail about what she looks like, what her clothes look like, etc., would help as well) and it's that you completely seemed to have forgotten to distribute your three P/W/C points into your stats.

Since you seem to be going for a... roughly mage/fighter(?) character, it would probably be best to bump her W to 4, and then spend the last point getting her P to a 2.

Anyways, that should be about it; don't forget to readjust your treasure prices after you adjust your P/W/C, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, Guy, or any member with a purple name. Thanks!
  3. Legit Violet

Heh, yeah sorry about that. This is the first Forum RP I have done, so I wasn't sure how much detail I needed to put into my character in the various aspects. I also completely missed the extra PWC points I had, since it was only mentioned once in the guide. Thats my fault though. I'll fix my mistakes and try and put more detail for my character's looks and what not. Thanks for telling me and not rejecting her :)
  4. Legit Violet

Alright, I finished editing it. Notice I have done some major changes to her personality, along with a few smaller changes as to what equipment she has. I put more detail into her appearance and backstory as well and fixed my grammatical mistakes. The first version was really just a rough draft to be honest. This is my first time being in a forum RP so I kinda rushed through it a little. I'm just glad you guys take these things seriously, so we don't have a bunch vague and random characters. Well anyways. This is the good copy.
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Alright, looking back over it, I see you've priced Needle Storm incorrectly; it should be 4or, not 25, but you still have about 25r (10r from Needle Storm + Lens of Trtuh + Helm Splitter, 15r leftover from Magic Proficiency) to spend on another W-based treasure, like any of the bolt spells, or any of the enchantments...

Although, now that I look at it more closely; you're spending a lot on Needle Storm for... not a whole lot of gain, exactly.It might be best to just ditch Needle Storm for now (and earn it later in a quest or dungeon or something) and spend the 65r after getting rid of Needle Storm on more spells, or maybe another P-based technique.

I'm sorry this is taking so long -- it's been difficult for me to actually get on and check the library for everything, but we'll be done as soon as you're positive about what you want your beginning treasures to be.
  6. Legit Violet

Lol. I misread the page when I was looking at Needle Storm and I thought it was a wisdom based treasure. Well, anyways I fixed the problem. So correct me if I'm wrong. With magic proficiency, my total amount of rupees I can spend is 140. 40 of those rupees can only be spent on wisdom based treasures so I added a 15R augmentation to summon Keese, as well as getting the Sonata of Soothing for 15R and Shadow ball for 35R. I spent the extra 40R from Magic proficiency for the Summon Keese spell + augmentation, so the rest of my abilities adds up to 100R. Those should be my final choices. I have many plans with these abilities during the RPs.
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I don't see anything that shouldn't keep Vayrin from officially being accepted.

Feel free to hit me up for RP whenever you want!