Character Alignment Megathread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Saria, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

[​IMG]
    Post here get added to the chart

Law implies honor, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability. On the downside, lawfulness can include closed-mindedness, reactionary adherence to tradition, judgmentalness, and a lack of adaptability. Those who consciously promote lawfulness say that only lawful behavior creates a society in which people can depend on each other and make the right decisions in full confidence that others will act as they should.

Chaos implies freedom, adaptability, and flexibility. On the downside, chaos can include recklessness, resentment toward legitimate authority, arbitrary actions, and irresponsibility. Those who promote chaotic behavior say that only unfettered personal freedom allows people to express themselves fully and lets society benefit from the potential that its individuals have within them.

Someone who is neutral with respect to law and chaos has a normal respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to follow rules nor a compulsion to rebel. They are honest but can be tempted into lying or deceiving others if it suits him/her.

Good implies altruism, respect for life, and a concern for the dignity of sentient beings. Good characters make personal sacrifices to help others.

Evil implies harming, oppressing, and killing others. Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient or if it can be set up. Others actively pursue evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some malevolent deity or master.

People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have compunctions against killing the innocent but lack the commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others. Neutral people are committed to others by personal relationships.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    UnnamedDude and Guy like this.
  2. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Is that, you add to the chart based on our descriptions, or...?
    Because if that's the case,
    Show Spoiler

In order of importance, and incomplete,
    Holle is Chaotic Leaning-towards-neutral-good
    Varite is Neutral-leaning-towards-lawful evil-but-the-slightest-bit-neutral,
    Jack West is Lawful Mostly-Good
    Bragi is almost True Neutral, maybe a little chaotic.

... That chart would likely need to be bigger to fit all the characters of interested parties..
    But yeah, if one char per person, Holle's the dude.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

For my characters...

Judith is Lawful Good. Kind priestess who adheres to strict religious dogma? Check.

Gwyn is Chaotic Good. He's a rough but friendly craftsman, who is always willing to stand up for the little guy and refuses to provide services for the prejudiced, even when they're wealthy and powerful.

I do have an Evil character in the works, though! Stay tuned...
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  4. Saria

Both added. tell me if I should move any of them.
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Move Julius all the way up to good and Lucian all the way to chaotic.

:y
  6. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Oh boy I get to contribute to the alignment party! At first I was on the fence about using dnd alignments in a game like this, but so many people were doing it I just couldn't help myself!

Lucia: NG
    My attempt at a "normal person" she reads and writes in her spare time and is generally bad at being weird. Unlike her friend Julius, she doesn't have a strict adherence to any laws. In her childhood, she was led astray by her peers and didn't mature into the preachy-faithful type. Stacked on top of the influence of the alien culture of the Kokiri Forest, she best fits into Neutral Good.

Meryem: TN
    Kind of an outlier, Meryem is True Neutral. She has grey morals and even greyer motives. She will help literally anyone who wants use of her prophetic services.
    Pooky: LE
    He is a monster from the monster tribe. He lives to serve, and serves to continue being evil.

Billy: CG
    Though he tries to be good, this Mad Scrub is genetically inclined to be unpredictable and dangerous. His distorted views of the world leave his attempts at benevolence in hideous shambles. Oh, and he loves his family.

Evelyn: CE
    A girl with a Multiple Choice Past. She may have been hit in the head too hard as an infant, because everything she does is a disaster. While some might mistake her for neutral, this sociopath lacks any sort of innocence. This is a character I conceived to want to hit things and break things, and she rarely seems to do much else.

Manaku: LE
    An agent of Ganon, this effeminate Lynel commands brigades of monsters to do wrong to the innocent. His hobbies include kidnappings, accessory to crime, and poetry. His profession is murder.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika's alignment is urmum's dick

No Rika is Chaotic Neutral, a little bit close to Chaotic Good, but pretty Chaotic overall.

Bell is just like best character Buzzari, Neutral Good.
    Cloud likes this.
  8. Saria

Added and updated let me know if I should move any
  9. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Go ahead and put Callad in Neutral Good, smack dab in the middle. Lysis is True Neutral, edging towards both lawful and good.