Can You Sea the Trees [Genz, DS, Eternis, ft. Guy] (sea of trees)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Doc Genz, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Ah... if my friend was here, I'd have him lend you his cane." But no, that drunkard had to go collapse in a corner. Tent lamented not slinging his Sobriety spell on the sod when he had the chance. Washing Guy's misdeeds from his mind, Tent punted the Hikkun away to instead search for the immediate vicinity.

After a moment he found a deku stick he hoped would be suitable for gerudo size. "But ah, maybe this stick would help?" He offered it to the woman, gently brushing one edge to her hand so grasping it wouldn't be quite so awkward--if that was.

"Anyway," Tent continued, "That strange base made of thicket...?" Was this Gerudo dialect? Tent didn't quite understand what she meant. But, "We both heard that shrill sound, surely. Unless we have something else to go on that seems like our best bet. I only hope your friends show up to help us along the way."

- - -
    Show Spoiler
    Anyway half your post was with a character that isn't involved right now so lmao I guess I can do that too.

"Imma rito, biiisssshhh," Guy gleefully slurred as his vision blurred. He was at best mildly aware of the fact that he was hundreds of feet up in the air.

The poor peahat he had drunkenly grabbed hold of was struggling to stay aloft, sticking to its apparent instincts of 'I'm invincible as long as I'm flying.' Still, with Guy being as dense as stone these days it was having an understandably difficult time remaining 'invincible.'

Neither particularly cared that they had a great vantage point over the sea of trees housing everyone else. Actually, maybe everyone else minus one. Guy was pretty sure he saw some rito fly away. Or maybe that was just a bird. Of course, Tent might notice a tiny black figure wriggling through the sky if he bothered to look up--but why would he ever do that.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    With her advanced blind person hearing, no, Meryem could not hear that creature flying above them. Her hearing was sensitive but not magic. She took hold of the deku stick. Meryem prodded the soft earth and leaves, and to her delight she did remember how to use one of these things.

"So long as we're on the same page, let's head over there." Meryem inquisitively pondered as she struck random pieces of the terrain.

Meryem's stick collided with a massive dirt wall of some sort. It was progress. She heard scurrying all around her. Attentive to not leaving Tent out of the loop, she hoped to explain. This neck of the woods was crawling with assorted but simple monsters.

"I hear the monsters, they're all over the place. Crawling on their bellies and whatnot." she explained. It should have only been that simple.

before she could wander further into her own thoughts, she added something else.

"I hate to have to ask this, but what does the landscape look like? I think I feel some walls." Meryem bashfully asked the Scrub.

- - -

Pooky was deep in the dungeon, but in no hurry to do anything especially useful. Now he was looking intensely at an Octorok. He entranced himself in the idea of trying to stuff Octoroks in his pockets to sell, but alas they were too big to fit.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Oh, ah, hm," Tent bumbled as he tried to describe the area while walking through it. "A large swath of it is just a sea of trees, though they're large and loose enough that it's easy to walk between them. The strangest thing about this area is just these huge dirt walls and plateaus everywhere. Some people--maybe an ancient tribe--definitely used this area for something a long time ago. Just these awkward, clearly manmade dirt walls. I guess we'll have to navigate around those and the trees on the way to your friend. The ground has stone patchwork here and there but no buildings or--actually that looks like a locked door over there on one of the dirt walls. Maybe someone's still here...?"

His eyes darted through gaps in the trees, spotting a few beasties here and there. "Crawling on their bellies, huh? The place is certainly swarming but between that Hikkun and some Keese it seems like most of them are content not to bother us or--" He quickly spat out a flaming Deku Nut, popping a nearby Keese like it was a balloon. "--little more than insects to be swatted down."

Walking up to the door, Tent gave it a few solid knocks. "Let's see if anyone's home..."

After waiting a long enough while, he quickly realized, "Ah. There's... not even a door handle, just this huge keyhole. Maybe one of those dungeon doors. I don't suppose you've--" Hm. "--well I haven't seen a key anywhere."

- - -

"Bluh. I'm gonna--" Guy abruptly puked. Except he was a flaming monstrous obsidian freak, so his puke was basically just stomach acid that was somehow on fire. It spiraled down through the atmosphere in a sparkling arc that would have made the peahat sick if it could smell.

- - -

Out of nowhere, Tent heard a chime spring through the air. His head twisted in confusion, looking around--but not up. A small key dropped right on top of Meryem, as if somewhere not too far away some sort of gimmicky puzzle had been solved--perhaps a lit torch, perhaps a second keese dying in agonizing fire-puke. Life is full of mysteries.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    His explanation of the terrain was just what she need. She remembered just before her headache. They had crossed a river as a group and hit some switches, placing them into these tall dirt "rooms." She thought about what a large flat door with a keyhole meant... yes. It sounded like something similar to the Gerudo's training grounds. A place filled with walls and locked doors. She had personally never actually been to one on purpose. She would rather be giving bogus readings to horny Hylians for their roop.

There were no Hylians here, only the "sea of trees." Meryem hammered at the bespoken door with her crystal ball. It creaked a little, but its sturdy wood would be a problem. Before she tried to hit it with something else she turned to Tent with a wicked smile.

"You're a resourceful one, aren't you." she nodded her head in a random direction. "Maybe you could burn this door down? Though I don't want to keep asking you for favors."

Meryem poked the wall with her stick. The more she had to admit how badly this was going the more embarrassed she got.

"I could give you something in return. I don't just take repeat favors without returning them." she pouted slyly. It's not that she wanted to give anything back to anyone but this Deku was really deserving of something for his hard work.

Just then, she heard a tweeting noise deep in the underbrush. Was it a song being played? No, sung? Bragi was singing something curious in there. Soon, rain and thunder erupted in the sky. Not long after, a bolt of lightning shattered a tree very close to the two. The roaring crackle of splintering wood assaulted their ears.

"No! No more of that. I will stop this." Meryem shrugged.

Meryem held her hands to her head and concentrated. The deep owmmm of meditation hummed about her lips as she cast Calm Weather. Without much more of a word the heavy rain and thunder dissipated and the clouds fly back to where they came from.

"That's even stranger, why would Bragi be in enough danger to sing that dangerous song of his?" she added as the surroundings calmed to a silence.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Bragi--was that his name? I'm not sure I follow but that was--that was quite impressive. That spell of ours. I think I may have seen that magic once before, though the details me." There was a soft smile in his voice, gently teasing, "I certainly wish I could avoid storms whenever I felt like it." Different types of magic always fascinated him, especially those so counterintuitive to his rather narrow forté.

Thinking on his forté, Tent turned back towards the door. His fingers ran over the texture, "I'm not very sure this is would, though if necessary I could break the door down I believe. Might have a better chance with force than fire, though I know both. Still, I'm not always keen to break--" He turned towards her.

"Ah." He paused, staring blankly at Meryem.

"Um." Tent blinked. Hesitating for words, he asked, "Is--is that a key on your hood?" Did she mistake it for a raindrop? But why would it have fallen out of nowhere? "It seems like it might fit this lock..."

- - -

"FUCK off with that lightning spell. I'm stick of your dumb magic bullshit." Guy murmured. "Fuck. Did I take mushrooms too? Must--musta. Fuck, Rika, you wouldn't believe the hallucination I'm having right now. I'm flying through the sky--storm kicked up but only for like five seconds. Wild. Anyway dude, let go of me, I don't want to shower with you. You look like a toddler, that's gross."

In his tripping-balls state, Guy let go of 'Rika'.

THUD.
  6. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The key, while large in size, had mingled itself stuck onto her hood, she had in fact just assumed it was splinters from that exploding tree and hoped to not get a concussion. She deftly tried to plunge it into the lock.

"You're right of course, just tally it up to all of my other mistakes today." Meryem answered.

She smushed the key against the door at several different angles before lightly sliding it over the hole where it fit. With a swift kick to the bottom, she blasted open the door. As soon as the door shattered she got a vision from her Prophet's Bargain, showing her the layout of -unfortunately- a different room. She nevertheless stumbled after her sudden sight, and then trudged forward into the room. A loud skittering gave her the presence of a Moldorm, and she thrusted with a punching motion. The large crystal ball in her hand shattered the chitinous carapace of the Moldorm's head.

"Tell me that thing I just brained was a monster. . ." she lapsed.

A pair of Bulbuls were traipsing in the corners, but turned their sight on the cloaked woman as she clumsily flailed into the room. Among the monsters were two other tall, thick trees accompanied by some fan-like brush on the ground level. The section was room-sized but also cantered off into a hallway on the left side, forming a sort of elongated chamber. Another tree was at the end of the outcropping as well as the blurry forms of a couple more monsters. However, the opening side of the room had the shape of another door and it was certain an additional door was at the end of the hall.

Meryem regained her footing and kicked the squirming dying Moldorm in its death throes. She used the deku stick to prop herself all the way up.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"A-ah. It was, yes. A moldorm I believe." Tent was a bit flabbergasted. He couldn't imagine trying to fight monsters without seeing them. While most of the beasts so far had been fairly trifling, he feared what might happen with a wolfos or any real warrior. Hopefully this was just a forest, he thought, and not the sort of monster-infested dungeons to which he had grown overly accustomed. "A pair of bulbuls over there... not many ferocious monst--is that a moblin."

Tent squinted at the two blurry forms rounded the tree and entered his field of vision. "No, it's two moblins." His voice facepalmed. "And one has a bow, while the other--ohDin." His gauntlet blasted a javelin out of the air as it was hurled towards him. "s'got another. Handle these Bulbuls, yes? Good? Good."

Tent was already sprinting towards the pair of moblins, "We're just looking for our frie--" an arrow skidded across his barbut. "--alright sorry for busting into your house like this." As the scrub hurled himself into melee range, a spear came at him with a wide sweep--which Tent narrowly skidded under. He pounced into the moblin's pelvis with a headbutt, knocking the wind and baby-makers out of him as he loosed a groan.

The bow-wielding moblin clocked Tent's head so hard his helmet swung clean off, splaying him against the wall.

THUD, Guy's stone body bashed through the ceiling like a cannon ball and collapsed onto the bow-moblin like a ton of bricks. "I SAID---oh holy shit I think my bones are, wait I don't have any bones."

"Who are you to come just CRASHING into our house," screamed the spear-moblin as it recovered. For better or worse none of the intruders understood whatever language it was speaking, so it just sounded like a monster screaming furiously. Tent sent in explosion into his face, then immediately followed that up with a flying superman punch that clocked him out cold.

Tent was not going to acknowledge the possibility that he could have just broken into the home of a married couple and knocked them both unconscious for daring to stand their ground against intruders. He was not going to question how Guy was (a) here and (b) alive, but instead just touched him with a Sobriety spell.

"Fuck you," Guy--suddenly not at all high or drink or anything--spitefully spewed.

"Shut up." Tent's head throbbed with agony. After the headbutt and the moblin-sized fist to the cranium he had no time for Guy's bullshit. Still dazed, he stumbled around almost blindly while trying to recover his helmet. "P-...please go help the Gerudo woman. Over there. She can't see. She's fighting monsters."

Guy was already shoving a mushroom into his tubular face as he snarled his way towards whats-her-face. "She's fine. See, look. Even Buzzari could take care of a couple Bulbuls. I should be helping you out, you almost died. Again."
  8. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Meanwhile, several rooms over. . .

Pooky sat smashing his pitchfork flag down on the ground in front of the Octorok.

"Ding! Ding Ding!" he wailed. "That will be de-fourteen hundred roopees!" the Miniblin spat at the Octorok while passing it a pile of colorful stones and shells.

"Pay up. Or Pooky kills you." he added, slapping the pile of stones.

- - -

Meryem wrestled with the first Bulbul to squirm near her. It seemed like something a sword could cut through but she only had the deku stick and her orb. She used her rusty-but-proven Gerudo training to steady her sword-arm. Crackling the stick across the gooey center of the Bulbul was somewhat effective, and with hope, it was just another of her items she didn't want broken yet. When she pulled back, she wiggled the stick in the air. It felt much flimsier after that attack, another one or two strikes and she wouldn't have a walking stick.

She briefly let the items fall to the ground and pinned a drop kick to the middle of the monster. Green bits of droplets spattered about the now-moist earth. Its teetering brain-stem like spine in between became exposed and Meryem got to her feet and wrestled the spine in two with a well-placed grapple. She felt like some kind of royal spy. She took hold of the toy-like limp head and used it to bludgeon the other Bulbul. With a second swing, she used both arms and swung it downward from above her head, sprinkling her hood with smelly green juice. The head pounded into the ground and fell apart as she missed the monster. At that moment she began to punch the sharp-legged sack-like abomination. One punch scraped its rigid head, giving her a scratch across her hand and wrist. The next punch connected with the underbelly and shot nasty refuse everywhere.

Feeling like she knocked the thing lopsided, Meryem picked up her assorted things. She hastily probed the ground but was not very efficient. With stick in hand and the ball in her now-bloodied palm, she turned toward the noisy other end of the room.

"Which way do we go now?" she asked politely. "I think I heard Pooky that way." Meryem pointed in a direction to the left of where they came in but angled inward toward the center of the building-like arrangement.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Hands in his pockets, Guy chewed on mushrooms. "Right so why are you helping this--?"

"Because," Tent surged, shoving his head back into his helmet. "Just because."

"Not because it's the right thing to do," Guy's tone was in jest, "Or Din's will or... oh do you have a crush on her?"

"You really are intolerable when you're this sober," Tent jeered. "I apologize for my mistake. Clearly you prefer to crash into subterranean caverns while drunk out of your mind."

Guy laughed softly, voice lowered in reality-doubting suspicion, "Seriously though how am I not dead. I don't remember how I landed."

Tent meanwhile scurried past Guy and back towards Meryam. As she asked the obvious question, Tent replied, "I... hope you're right. I didn't imagine finding this--uh--Pooky would turn into such an adventure." Tent's mind was plagued with doubts. As he maneuvered around the trees and towards the spot Meryem pointed, he really hoped this pet would be just one more room over. What was fetching a lost pet was quickly turning into something tackling an entire temple--which he was not mentally prepared to do at the outset of this.

"Oh. Yeah, there's a hidden door at the spot she pointed out." Guy announced nonchalantly while standing on the wall. The obsidian scrub's boots kicked off some dirt, revealing a dust-crusted door that looked like it had been sealed up and forgotten about for who knows how long.

"How did you--" Tent's fingers braced his brow. He was started to wonder if that 'friend' of his somehow managed to slip some mushrooms into him. So few things were making sense right now. "Alright but is there a ladder or something? Not all of us can walk on walls, you know."

"By the way," Tent sighed, "That other voice you're hearing is Guy. I'm not sure how he found us but I was--we are--work associates, I suppose. Guy, Meryem. Merygem, Guy."

"Charmed." Guy offered hollowly as he kicked a nearby switch, causing a stairway to fold out of the wall. "Alright, there's some stairs. Let's go."
  10. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Guy? Your voice sounds handsome, nice to meet you." she wiled at the open air. What she was imagining probably wasn't the same.

"Stairs? How convenient." Meryem mused. It wasn't often she was in dungeons but it also wasn't often dungeons had accommodations like random free stairs. Yes, she thought to herself. We take those.

---

Meanwhile, two rooms over. Pooky was getting frustrated by the lack of the Octorok's currency. He had berated the creature for the last five minutes because it wouldn't "pay up." But, since Pooky's death threats are often hollow and meaningless, he had not raised a hand to the poor creature.

The Octorok blew spit bubbles as it gazed down the maniacally ranting monster man. Pooky cackled and shook his fist, gesticulating vernacular unimaginable to the unlearned Octorok. Pooky threw a diabolical Rupoor at the Octorok and nothing happened. Then, he turned his head to look back and saw something coming.

---

Meryem reached the top of the stairs with the Deku. She felt the raising terrain match the landscape she felt and saw in her vision. Before her there was going to be. . . three Keese and an Armos, next to a deactivated Armos.

"This is it!" She announced. "I saw this room in a vision."

It was completely anti-climactic. Sometimes even having the best foresight doesn't get you anything. Meryem started shaking her stick around in the air at the anticipated Keese. It looked kind of pathetic because there was no guarantee the Keese would attack her nor was there any chance in Hell that she would hit anything flailing like that.

"I know it! There's Keese here." a malevolent tone jolting through her voice.

At this point the Armos that worked gleamed with activity, it hopped toward the small group. Though there was certainly enough of them there to make easy work of a lone statue. Pooky appeared to be in the adjacent room doing something with an Octorok, it probably didn't matter since he was unharmed.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

It's too late for a post edit it's already my personal canon that Meryam didn't acknowledge Guy which is exactly what he deserves.

"Ah yes," Guy mused aloud, "I am indeed chopped liver, nice to meet you too." With a bemused shrug he entered the room after this 'Meryam' person with Tent along shortly thereafter. Tent had some doubts about his own presence in this venture while Guy was completely convinced he should have bailed immediately. Oh well.

"Oh. A vision." Guy remarked while using his eyes to bore a hole into Tent, who successfully ignored him completely.

"We did slay a keese or two already but--ah there I see it." Tent quickly slung out a Din's Burst to quickly roast one in a fiery explosion, while Guy launched a blast of Fire from his snout to fell the other. Both searched around for a third but there didn't seem to be another her.

Upon seeing the Armos move, Tent searched Guy with a word. "Bombs?"

"Ran out," Guy sighed.

Hoping for the best, Guy's hand whipped out a knife before slinging it straight towards the Armos' eye--or glowing face--or whatever that was. To his surprise the statue's blade deflected the knife as if swinging at a baseball, sending it careening across the room. Guy flinched. "Most Armos are... not that deft. It's... still hopping pretty slow, though."

"Alright. Well. Let me time this just right." Tent took a step forward, putting himself between the approaching Armos and his two allies. He began to concentrate intense magical energy into his fist, carefully watching the bouncing monster as it neared. While Guy's weapons might not have pierced the stone body of this statue, Tent's fist absolutely would. Summoning all his powerful magic into his hand, Tent let out a roar as his fist flew into the bouncing Armos with a single echoing strike of a Warlock Punch. The monster ceased movement, a second before exploding into shards tinged with flame and radiance.

"...Jeez a single burst probably would have done it, dude," Guy sneered.
  12. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Wow! All I heard were explosions and I think everything in this room is dead." Meryem wondered aloud.

Pooky sneered as she saw the cloaked figure amongst the attacking Deku. That was his companion after all. He waddled over to the group with his long trumpet raised high above his head.

"Doot! Mistress is back! Pooky saw nothiiiiing! Eeeeeh Heeee!" he reeled.

"Tent, this is Pooky. I saved his life in the desert when my people would have killed him. Now he sees for me most of the time. Oh, he also has a day job of some sort but he didn't tell me what it was." she gestured far to the side of where Pooky actually was.

"But I fear those kind people I met to help me are trapped in mortal danger just a few rooms over, I thought I heard Bragi singing." Meryem mentioned, almost off-handedly.

"Money!" Pooky shouted. "Roopy Wraiths mean there's BIG money in there too!" he gleefully wailed.

"He has some sort of Economy fetish too, don't worry about it." Meryem vouched for the deceitful imp.

Meryem went to push ahead with her walking stick, then doubled back.

"I'd actually like to go alongside you if you're coming." she added.

If the empty room ahead was anything to go by, there probably wasn't much left. The single Octorok looked deflated, too. It probably couldn't handle being yelled at in lieu of a real fight. Ahead was a simple door with no locks, although something was odd about the silence.

There was a strange creaking coming from the meshed wood. Soon, crumbling dirt and frayed wood shattered as the wall to the second-to-last room eroded off its hinges. A single Eyegore trampled the door down and left it in pieces at its feet. The statue-like creature pounded through that room, treading on the Octorok and flattening it for good. Pooky's eyes widened as he saw the thing marching for his companion.

"It's gonna kill mistress!" Pooky yelped at the lumbering sight.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Oh! Hello Pooky." Tent gave an introduction for Guy as well. Finally seeing this fellow up close--as opposed to him flying away in the grip of a Rupee Wraith--Tent felt like he finally understood the somewhat bizarre relationship between the two. He certainly felt relieved in any case, only to be brought back to the edge by Meryem's next words. "Those kind people? The rito and zora?" In truth if they had exchanged names Tent had already forgotten them.

Guy perked up. If there was actually a roop wraith about then surely there would be something to swipe... Sensing Tent's doubts, he reassured him, "Yes Tent, those kind people. What better way to bring glory to Din than to exercise Her power to save those in need?" This was an extremely thin-veiled ploy to push the man into helping him amass roop.

But it worked. This was their friendship after all. Guy got roop while Tent got purpose. Between a chaotic evil and lawful good, the two weird scrubs shared a knowing look of understanding. The duo's doubts about this venture washed away, and both reassured each other--with just a glance--that they would both push through to the task's end.

"Yes, I believe we'll both be coming Meryem," Tent announced in a confident tone. "Let's find your friends."

[​IMG]

Only moments later did the monstrous cyclopean statue smash through the door like it was tissue. Everyone reeled back. "No, it won't kill anyone," Tent declared in the most cliché manner possible.

Guy's stone fingers dug through his adventure pouch for a knife as he doubled back, before fishing out and slinging the blade towards the monster's huge eye. It blinked effortlessly, causing the blade to pathetically bounce off before it could strike the monster's obvious weak point. "Giant eye? Giant target." It's almost like he's been doing this for decades.

The eyegore took another mighty leap towards the most obvious aggressor, Guy, who narrowly Propelled out of the way. As its gigantic body hammered the ground, the entire room shook wildly and knocked Tent from his feet.

Even from his back, Tent focused a Din's Burst that flung towards the monster. As the monstrosity turned towards him, with luck and timing the explosion roared into flame right against the creature's eye. Tent scrambled back to his feet, while the monster's head spun and reeled from the incendiary spell.

"Stab its eye!" Guy glanced towards Pooky.
  14. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Following Guy's direct words, an excitement unlike any other crossed the Miniblin's visage. He looked at his usually-useless fork in his hands. He knew what he had to do.

"Pooky gets to KILL!" he cheered. this might just be the first thing he ever got to kill in his entire life.

Pooky whizzed by with some sort of unreal speed, anyone who has encountered a horde of these devils knew the sight. He utilized his Wall Scaling to bounce up the stone-wall like body of the titan. With a bardish flourish, Pooky spun his fork-flag in the air. With a dexterous thrust, Pooky hit the pupil in the very center. An inch of sharpened iron clicked through the weak point with the simplicity of someone pushing a button.

As the eye vibrated and turned red, the Eyegore seized and flinched as pieces began to fall off. Its stone form violently crumbled like a controlled implosion. Eyegore dust was thrown everywhere, revealing a crusty pile of grey dust. But at the top of the pile of dust was a vibrant collection of colorful Rupees. Meryem would probably tell Pooky to yield these rupees to the Deku, but she couldn't exactly see them.

"Money!" Pooky leered. He bundled his flag as if to collect them in it.

"No, Pooky." Meryem interjected. "These people helped us, let them have the Rupees."

Pooky thought to himself. . . he factored in the margin of the fiscal environment, adding in the tax revenue the would go to Ganon when that great king of beauty took over the continent's governments. Pooky reveled in how much better the economy would be when the poor, destitute Hylians were no longer under the rule of a King. Although Ganon too claimed to be a King, he was probably King in name only since the common rumor was that he started out as a sorceror-king of the Gerudo. Pooky figured Ganon could take control as a Prime Minister, and have a parliament of the fairest monsters in the land. They would do Parley and all would suddenly be right in the world.

"Pooky considers the ramifications." he nodded to Meryem.

The group continued on, observing the room ahead. In that pile of Rupees and dust, there was also a sizable and bejeweled key. It was evident by the oversized door with a lock on it in the next room that they would need to unlock it with that key. The concept of a Boss Door at all was somewhat new to Meryem and Pooky. It was clear to them that the thing that had kidnapped Hanno and Bragi was probably waiting for them on the other side.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Tent would have spoken up in any other situation--something like 'oh I don't do this for payment'--but knew well enough that Guy was already shoveling the pile of rupees wholesale into his adventure pouch. Such is the price--quite literally--of the man's services, he supposed.

Meanwhile Tent had already hefted up the key and moved towards the door. It had yet to even occur to him that Meryem and Pooky might not know what a Boss Key looked like or what it was for. Just as an archer forgets not everyone knows how to notch an arrow.

"Alright," Tent announced, "Get ready."

The scrub needed to stand on his toes just to shove the arm-sized key into its ridiculously oversized keyhole, but did so without much struggle. Grabbing one edge of the key's face, he needed to use the entire weight of his body just to turn the darn thing 'round. But when it finally turned, a single 'click' echoed throughout the chamber. A moment later, the key shriveled into nothingness, and the gargantuan door whirled out of their way with a dramatic flourish.

:deku:

With his Mirror Shield(TM) at the ready, Guy led the way into the chamber, with Tent and presumably Pooky not too far behind. Meryem was probably there too, but somehow Guy already seemed to forget about her in the wake of Pooky's glorious kill. The scrub's free hand whipped his sword from its scabbard.

The room was eerily silent, with nothing in sight but a few sparse trees inside of dirt walls. Sunlight shone from above. Guy had seen too many rooms like this before. His flaming eyes darted skyward--no dragons or birds up there. Glances shot at different trees--no, can't see any monkeys. Stepping forward, his eyes scanned the ground--no slimes, no living floors, he subdued a shudder remembering Facade. Was it...?

The tree in the room's center ruffled and sprang to life. Four brightly-colored flowers sprung out of it, each a 'head' on a long whip-like stalk that nyoomed from the center of the tree--was it even a tree? It looked more like a giant bulb now that the flowers sprung out.

Each "flower" clearly had a row of sharp, almost shark-like teeth gnashing furiously. Even with stone skin Guy did not want to get anywhere near one of those maws. But... one of the flowers... there was something bloody oozing from its teeth... a limb... red blood... a hylian's leg? No, it looked rougher... were those... feathers?
  16. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Pooky thinks that thing just killed people." he told to Meryem, who couldn't see anything.

She stood aside and turned around to face the wall. Guiding her was going to be difficult unless that monster got a lot noisier really fast. Pooky's face was still delighted, it didn't look like he cared about a Zora and a Rito he hadn't met any more than he would care about the typical Hylian. The feathers made it clear that at the very least the Rito in particular was long gone. But Pooky needed to beat this monster if he wanted to profit off this dungeon.

"Killed?" Meryem asked shocked. "Oh no, Bragi. . ." she trailed off, walking into the wall with her stick.

"Nah NAH! Turn around mistress!" Pooky gnarled at Meryem.

He used one of his patented tricks to rectify the situation. Pooky took hold of his trumpet and started making several soft 'doots' with the instrument. This was a tactic he called "heralding" which allowed Meryem to walk in a focused direction. He picked up speed, making the doots in faster succession. Soon, himself and his liege were marching toward the boss monster.

"There!" he squealed. "That thing ate people." Pooky whimpered.

Meryem remembered her vision. It was something squirming and plant-like. The real thing was a lot less noisy though and it kept her at a distance because she didn't know what it was capable of. She held the deku stick like a bat, more confidently than she was fighting before. Meryem's senses had much more to go on this time. Pooky and Meryem started whacking and prodding at the creaking flower limbs of the plant. It retaliated by swinging out a limb and tripping Pooky where he stood. It too was using its senses to attack rather than sight.

"Mistress, get back!" Pooky yelped as he turned on the floor. She backed off as a number of limbs whirled around in the same motion that they had caught the previous victims.

Pooky lifted himself up as he rolled backward. "Pooky fights with the Deku! Rumble!" he shouted.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Wretched monster," Tent scowled. He dared not guess what feathery biped the creature had so messily consumed, but the mere suggestion of this ugly tree actively digesting Meryem's friend filled him with a righteous fury even Din might be proud of. While he knew the wiser strategy was to sling bursts at this stationary tree from a distance--No.--he needed to pummel that plant, that thing back into the dirt from which it sprouted. Down further, if at all possible.

The scrub's fists were literally on fire as he shot towards the monster at furious speed, each pounding footstep ablaze with his scorching socks. As the teeth-gnashing heads slung towards him like cracking whips, Tent's fist blasted one back and he skirted around another one while closing the distance towards the tree's giant bulb. His warbling deku-voice bellowed a command of, "Distract the heads!"

Guy's head tilted, confused what the hell got up Tent's arse. But he relented. If the flaming fister was going to kill himself slaying a tree, Guy thought, that just meant less risk for himself. So he let the zealout take charge while following that command.

The obsidian scrub closed the gap between himself and the tree while spitting a blast of Fire at one of the heads--barely even charred, but enough to get its attention. Up close, he laid a swipe of his blade towards a second head--a miss, but gathered its gaze as well. Finally, he Propeled towards the third with a full-bodied tackling stab--which finally hit the mark. 'They never expect the propel', he thought with a smirk.

The fourth head he hoped wouldn't be too much for Pooky to distract. It was all he could manage to take a swipe at all three so quickly.
  18. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Pooky saw them fighting, and took quick note of their tactics. It wouldn't be "together" if he just did what he wanted. Just like with selling a product, Pooky had to follow the trends. He weaved left of the oncoming head, getting a better grip on his fork. He pricked the oncoming head, with force not enough to resist it. It thrusted, the plant shoving him backward.

Pooky doubled back, he stood stead to prepare his Mush-Mushsproing. A circle of fuzzy particles appeared beneath him as he held his hand there. He tapped his fork several times to keep the head aimed at himself. As he trailed further back the head slapped down along the ground trying to find him. It collided with the Mush-Mushsproing circle and a cloud of spores blasted up and grew tiny mushrooms all over the head.

Pooky chuckled and thrust his fork into the mushroom-coated flower head. It wriggled and struggled as the sharp point dug into its flesh.

:dorf:

Meryem didn't really have anything that could be called a weapon on the scale that this plant-creature could be affected by. She held her arms in the air and tried to cheer on Pooky.

"You're doing great! Just be careful!" she doted on the Miniblin.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

It was only a few seconds, but with Pooky and Guy covering him, Tent had all the time he needed to prepare his mightiest attack. Standing firmly at the base of the tree, Tent's fist shone with brilliant light as his voice rose in volume--noise that pulled one of the heads away from Guy to lunge at Tent. Tent's voice reached a roar as much as a deku scrub can roar anyway and blasting into the monster's bulbous core with all the might of a Warlock Punch, striking so hard the bulb bent inward and all the heads reeled back. The one that lunged towards Tent suddenly hurled up a huge pile of flesh onto the ground instead, not unlike a hylian who puked up his lunch after a stomach-punch.

With all the heads recoiling from the blow, Guy and presumably Pooky took the opportunity for an all-out offense against them. Guy's blade flashed as quick as his stone fingers would let it, slicing up one of the flowers to shreds as Pooky's trident presumably skewered another one or two into salad.

Tent grabbed hold of the one nearest him in a flaming grip, clutching its "neck" as his free hand shoved a Din's Burst straight into its mouth, slinging down its neck until it rooted into the monster's core with a fiery explosion.

After a guttural shriek, the tree--or whatever it was--ceased retaliating, and then ceased moving entirely. An uneasy calm washed across Tent, and Guy relented his assault.

Tent moved towards the pile of flesh that was puked up, his face distorted with unpleasant emotions he didn't want to describe. Was it Bragi? Was it even a rito? He didn't want to know. He didn't want to find out. The mightiest spell he'd ever seen couldn't bring back to life whatever this mass of digested flesh was now. He moved away from the pile, trying unsuccessfully to push it from his mind.

"Good... Good work, everyone." His words fell flat. "Meryem, I'm glad we found Pooky, but I--I don't think we'll find the other two in this forest. They may have already left for reasons we have yet to know. Maybe someone in the nearest town has seen them, or--" He remembered her visions and her crystal ball, "Or perhaps you know a fortune-teller who could divine something?"

"Uh," Guy grimaced. He needed to clean this weapon after this one. "Yeah. Let's uh... let's head back. With these rupees I can pay off that bar tab, anyway." He could pay it off, but, either way it was an excuse to leave this sea of trees. He had sea'n enough.

Glad I made it super fucking depressing at the end there. :dorf:
  20. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Meryem considered what the Scrubs were saying. It was at least logical for her to divine the fates of those two adventurers later. They were done here.

"We certainly couldn't have done it without you, Tent." She gestured. "Or the one with that strong cologne."

She shouldn't have minced words, he smelled very strongly of alcohol. She also thought she caught his name but she couldn't remember much of the stressful last few minutes. What was his name? Gai? Vai? No that wasn't right he sounded like a man at least.

"I'm not usually this rude, but your friend was a huge help." she added, still not sure whether she was imagining things.

:ganon:

Pooky was dancing up a storm. He had never successfully killed anything before even though it was all he would talk about all day. He was so excited, he forgot about all the rupees that were surely all over the place by now. After completely cutting loose, popping and locking, he ended his dance and ran over to his mistress.

"Pooky wins! Did mistress hear him fight?!" he raucoused while salivating like a wild animal.

He stopped in place as he was ready to continue his celebration. He froze in place, looked up at the position of the sun in the sky, and hesitated.

"Pooky has to go now! Come with Pooky mistress, back to Castle Town!" he shouted. Pooky was late for work today.

After saying their farewells, the odd pair headed home to their jobs.