Can You Sea the Trees [Genz, DS, Eternis, ft. Guy] (sea of trees)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Doc Genz, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Meryem wandered deep into the woods. Pooky led the way, pulling her away from any thick roots or rocks she could trip over. It occurred to Meryem one day that she could find some rare ingredients if she went far into these woods. It wasn't long however before something happened that she couldn't have predicted. Pooky stopped for a moment, leaving Meryem standing there. The little imp spotted a treasure chest lying there between the trees.

"Da-da-naaah! Pooky finds treasure!" he squeaked happily. Playing a fanfare on his trumpet, he trotted over to the chest and flipped open the lid.

Meryem gasped as she realized what happened. An eerie wailing came from the chest as a trio of Rupee Wraiths popped out. They swirled around, grabbed Pooky, and began to fly off. Meryem called to him, and Pooky shouted back as he vanished into the sea of trees.

"Let go of Pooky! Pooky kill the ghost!" he screamed as the sound of his voice faded out.

Distressed, Meryem ran for help. She stumbled upon a river over a half a mile down her path. By the river was a coral-colored Zora, not that she would know what color he was. The Zora was collecting something when she noticed the sound of him moving.

"Help! My pet Pooky was kidnapped!" she yelled to him desperately while out of breath.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

While Hanno had been collecting some herbs along the river bank until he heard something approaching him fast from behind. Spinning around the Zora would quickly pull pull his spear from its harness on his back. He had taken a low stance, ready to strike out at his surprise guest. Luckily for Meryem, Hanno wasn't the sort to just attack someone for startling him. Upon hearing her blight, Hanno would let out a sigh as he stood up. She about gave me a heart attack.

"Calm down. I'll do what I can to help you. Just tell me everything that happened." Hanno was more than willing to help her if he could. The only problem is that unlike when Spaghet had helped him, he didn't have any way to track down her pet. No magical means nor any special skills. The best he could do would be wander around hoping to find a clue, but that wasn't going to stop him from trying to help.
  3. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

'Huh, a cry for help... Eh, today was boring anyway."
    Bragi dropped down from above the forest, alighting on the ground beside the pair.
    "Yo, someone called for help? Kidnapping?"

Bragi grinned, humming gently as he rocked back and forth on his heels, contemplating his potential usefulness in this situation.
    "Now, I'm not exactly the most, uh... Yeah, I'm just going to fly around as necessary."
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Deeper in the forest, a pair of Deku Scrubs--one with jet-black skin, and the other wearing silver-and-red armor--had been stumbling half-drunk away from the nearest tavern, too tipsy to truly realize they were even lost.

"H-hey... hey now," Guy slurred out, "Izzat... zat ghosty thing. Roop Wraith, it didn't it?" Barely keeping his balance, he pointed a jet-black hand towards the sky, where a trio of Rupee Wraiths seemed to be carrying off a... pig? No, it was Miniblin, just a pink one. Guy's pointing hand happened to be holding a Bottomless Bottle of wine, which was slowly spilling out into the grass as he pointed.

"I know it's bottomless, but... but man, don't be so wasteful." With a panicked swipe of his hand, Tent snatched the bottle and sealed it back up, then slipped it back into Guy's pouch. It seemed his friend Guy had already chugged down far too much. Usually Tent himself was the first one to start slurring and tripping over himself, but he was still only a bit buzzed. Nonetheless, he looked towards the sky--and was a bit surprised to see his drunken comrade was correct. Surely Din wouldn't have him turn a blind eye to a helpless Miniblin? Rupee Wraiths don't even need to eat to survive--it was an act of pure and pointless maliciousness. "Guy," he clasped his friend's shoulders, "We... we need to catch up to them! Can you run?"

"Hmm? Yeah.... roop wraiths... gotta have roops... right? I like roops..." He glanced into Tent's eyes--a look of sudden serious determination aglow in them. With a sigh, Guy slumped back against a tree, sliding into a sitting position. "You go ahead. I'll... I'll catch up to you. Just gotta... sober up a bit..."

With a firm nod, Tent somewhat reluctantly left his friend behind, only to begin racing through the trees--as best as his drunken body allowed. He tried to keep the wraiths in sight overhead, but at this rate he feared he would soon lose the trail.

(Neither of the Deku Scrubs happened to realize the abducted creature was just the pet of a Gerudo by the river.)
  5. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Meryem gazed in Hanno's. . . general direction. It was a bit hard to line up without being able to see. She thought over what just happened, trying to calm down. Meryem loosened her veil a bit and went to tell the Zora what happened. Of course, a Rito appeared so she just decided to tell them both.

"Rupee Wraiths! They took my Pooky deep into the trees. I couldn't have predicted he'd be taken away. . . I'd stand no chance of finding him alone. Thank you for offering to help. But these woods are entirely uncharted, I don't think you can see the way from above the canopy. We'll have to stay together and work our way in." the seer responded to the pair before her.

A wave of nervousness shot over her. The monsters out this deep weren't going to be like what they had faced before. This paired with not knowing how far in they had to go was frightening. Besides, there was probably a great stash of Rupees at the hideout of those monsters. No need for glory if the payout is this good, right? She had no doubt everyone would be thrilled to find treasure.

"Let's start going. We should look out for anything suspicious." Meryem suggested as the landscape started to change not so much as a few steps in. At least the path looked pretty defined. . .
  6. Devil-Steel

Rupee Wraiths? Hanno had never heard of those before. Just what type of forest had he found himself within? What other types of creatures was he going to run into that he had never heard of in this forest? Now wasn't the time for him to worry about such things right now. "Your right, we should get going. The longer we stand around here the further away those Rupee Wraiths will get with your pet." Hanno would start down the path, keeping his eyes open for anything. He was already on edge after having heard of a type of creature he didn't even know existed. His paranoia would grow with each step unsure of what exactly it was he was keeping his eyes out for.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Here, lemme just shove Eternis out of the way for now.)

Running out of breath and quickly falling behind, Tent chased the specters and their quarry with all his strength. Row after row of trees based, until he stumbled over an outgrown and landed right on his chest, wooden snout audibly thudding into the ground. "D-Din's grace..." Struggling to his feet and looking towards the sky, he beheld what he thought was the tail end of a Rupee Wraith soaring over a wall up ahead.

Not bothering to dust himself off, Tent quickly scurried to the wall. Bizarre construction... at least a dozen feet tall, yet made of tightly packed dirt or clay. It obviously stood out compared to the sea of trees which surrounded it. On its face was a large, imposing, solid red door. A minute or two of inspection would reveal he had no means of busting through it--the door didn't seem to catch flame. Yet, he was sure that's where the wraiths had gone--and where Din herself was trying to lead him.

Investigating nearby, Tent ended up discovering a pressure switch hidden under a pile of leaves. It clicked when he stood on it, yet did nothing... Was there something else he had to do? Maybe another switch or trigger of some kind...?

- - -

Meanwhile, a drunken jet-black Scrub startled out of his half-conscious state. It sounded like footsteps, brushing through leaves. How long had he been out? It felt like hours, but he was still so tipsy it might have only been a minute or two. That didn't matter right now. He needed to concentrate... who might those steps belong to? There was at least two of them... maybe Moblins... or some Hylian brat who thinks he's going to kick around a Deku Scrub.

Guy hissed in mild annoyance. His motor skills were garbage at the moment--even he didn't think he could put up a fight. Instead, he ducked away in the shade of shrubberies, hoping his jet-black form could remain hidden in their shade. Dimly glowing eyes peered out towards the source of the rustling steps.
  8. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

((Totally fine by me.))

Bragi, staring at Hanno and his tensing back muscles, began to whistle, bright clear notes filling the small clearing with an almost mournful sound. Waves of sweeping calm washed over the listeners, evoking a sense of focus and acceptance. Upon whistling for a good fifteen seconds, Bragi ended his performance, smiling at the torn leaf that had mended itself in his hand.

He turned to Tent, a look of warm focus on his face.
    "Deku guy, and if I could have your name that would be fantastic, if that click I heard from your-a-ways wasn't you snapping your fingers, I reckon it was a mechanical device. Was there any localised observable effect, or is it going to be some part of a greater schematic?"

((Edit: for clarification; Bragi performed the Song of Healing))
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  9. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    ((sorry for the wait [​IMG] I was developing something ridiculous with senpai))

Meryem approached the clearing with Hanno. Overhearing Bragi ask for Tent's name, she figured she'd better speak up about something.

"That's right, we should all introduce ourselves. Maybe converse a bit as well since I can't see how many of you there are." she suggested, mostly directed at Hanno. He'd be able to relay the message since he could see everyone.

Meanwhile, Meryem thought about her situation. The monsters probably took Pooky to the center of their lair. She tried to keep herself calm, patience was the only way forward now. Meryem increased her pace as the path became more stable. As an extra precaution, she armed herself with her solid crystal ball. It wasn't much, but it could crack skulls in a bad pinch. Being a Gerudo also came with its martial benefits.

"My name's Meryem by the way, everyone. It's good to meet kind people every once in a while."
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Apparently those brushing footsteps Guy heard where so incredibly fast--or he was so incredibly drunk--that they whizzed by him without him even noticing or remembering to care. Because that makes total sense. (:kermit:) With a shrug, he dusted himself off and proceeded to shuffle in some random direction... Hopefully he wouldn't accidentally run into monsters or something, though he was really too out of it to care.

...Which direction was that bar, again? Guy groaned, half-mumbling to himself, "I wonder if... one o 'dem... navigatin Kokiri ever gets lost... even when he wasted."

- - -

Tent practically jumped out of his armor, eyes wide and fists ablaze with a Fire Enchantment. "Wh-where in the sacred name of Din did you come from?!"

Indeed, Tent sprinted as fast as he could to get to these switches, but apparently this Rito had been here all the while? Did he just swoop down? (:kermit:) The man seemed to so casually just turn his head in Tent's direction, even though the Deku Scrub was still somewhat out of breath. How did Tent not hear him? The man began to wonder if he was more drunk than he thought...!

Regardless, Tent saw a Gerudo approach from behind him, followed by a River Zora it seemed. Certainly an odd group. Tent was still so confused by the Rito he barely knew what was going on. The bird man literally startled him and immediately asked for his name--without even giving his own. At first Tent thought he was being interrogated or robbed or something. He didn't want to seem racist, but Gerudo and River Zora weren't exactly known for being friendly to Deku Scrubs, either.

Erring on the side of caution, Tent kept his fists up and ablaze, retaining a fighting stance as he slowly inched back. Three-to-one, and he was still out of breath, and could feel a headache from that damn booze. Things were not in his favor, to say the least, and even if Guy caught up he likely wouldn't be much help...

...Thus, he was all the more put off with the Gerudo started acting all friendly and kind. Seriously, the fuck was going on? Tent was no longer sure if his life was being threatened, but still back away slowly. Still, he had nothing to hide about himself. With a bit of hesitance, he spoke to the Gerudo, "My name... is Tent Emberwood, a devotee of Din."

He was reluctant to admit he saw the Rupee Wraiths. These few, or at least the Rito, seemed like they could be responsible for that creature's kidnapping. If a Rito was chasing them, why would it not have simply flown over the wall? Indeed, to Tent it seemed more likely this Rito was interrogating him about finding the secret switch to his evil lair. It was beyond suspicious. The last thing he wanted to admit was that a friend of his was roaming around drunk through these same woods--lest they try to kidnap him as well.

Din's grace, Tent thought in frustration, If only this booze wasn't still in me...
  11. Devil-Steel

As Bragi whistled Hanno couldn't help but relax. Even if the melody itself sounded mournful for some reason it still had some strange relaxing effect. As they came upon Tent Hanno wasn't sure if this was going to be a friendly deku or a hostile one. As the Dekus fists errupted into flames the zora became confused. Just what kind of deku used fire? What with the innate risk of self immolation. Luckily Meryem spoke up and pulled the zora back to his senses.

Introducing themselves seemed like the right thing to do. Maybe it might even help Tent take the edge off and lower his flaming fists. "I think that's a good idea Meryem. My name is Hanno Arabo, and I hail from the eastern sea." Though he felt that Tent might not believe him about his origins due to his appearance, and so decided to further elaborate. "While I know I may not look like I would be from the sea that is due to the unique origins of my birth. My mother was a green zora, while my father was a blue zora. I was raised in my fathers home, though neither my mother nor myself were truly welcome there." Hopefully that would satisfy any doubts that Tent might have had with his origins before they could even be vocalized. He had already learned that his appearance came with some stigma even outside of his home.

He would loosen the grip on his spear and return it to its holster on his back in the hope that it would help Tent relax. " The three of us are looking for Meryems pet that was taken by some Rupee Wraiths. So if you have seen anything that could help us we would appreciate it if you would let us know." The chances of the first person they had run into having any information wasn't high, but it was surely worth asking about regardless. Hannos main aim was to try and calm Tent down while still trying to help Meryem find her missing pet.
  12. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Bragi nodded to Hanno, acknowledging the introduction and description of the task. He then turned back to the rest of the group, putting on a wide smile and a performer's bow-
    Low and flashy, but with face upturned to both express oneself clearly and observe the audience's reaction.
    "I am Bragi Hodr, minstrel from Dragon Roost Island. I fear I will not be of as much use as the rest of you-"
    He brought his wing-arms out wide, gesturing with his feathered limbs towards the canopy of leafy trees and branches.
    "-Considering that I am no real fighter, and the forest severely hampers any scouting ability I may have been able to utilise. Still..."
    He stood up to his full height, his grin not fading, but taking on an air of seriousness it had lacked.

"I hope that we can all work together to find the poor little thing."
    He folded his wings back,returning them to the semblance of normal arms.
    "First things first over and done with, I believe we should discuss our strategy, such as in the event we get forcibly separated due to trickery or necessity, and need to regroup. In the void of other suggestions, I put forth that I call out with a song... Possibly that of Storms, which allows me to raise some dreadful weather in my immediate vicinity, for ease of recognition. I have a strong voice that carries over even such a racket, so even if the thunder and tumultuous downpour failed to alert you, that in the least should identify my location."
    He raised a finger up in the air.
    "Second, as the good sir Tent Emberwood has prominently displayed with his flaming fists, it would not do to be under cautious in this forest. We should all ready ourselves for combat at a moment's notice."
    He gave another bow, this one directed at the flaming deku, and while more perfunctory, was similarly businesslike.
    "Much obliged for bringing it to our attentions."
  13. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Meryem stumbled forward. Her brow furrowed, triggered by a sudden realization. She couldn't see what they were trying to enter. As the lot of them had stopped, she was sure there was some sort of roadblock that nobody had mentioned yet. Her bright eyes continued to stare into the distance, lost. It was time for her to bring the conversation back onto the rails.

"S-silly of me. I forgot to mention. I can't see. If somebody knows the way in there... be sure to tell me. Thank you."

Meryem awkwardly footed the roots permeating the turf. She seemed helpless. At this rate, they would lose hope in finding the pet knowing Meryem was dead weight. This was her strength, in actuality. She had ways of motivating people. It was clear to her that there was more to this kidnapping than was immediately apparent.

"It also seems the monsters further in must be hiding something. There could be something in this for all of us." she added, with a smirk in spite of her own uncertainty.

Wavering only slightly, Meryem built back her posture. She had to have foresight and confidence if she wanted to be any help. The heavy crystal ball notwithstanding. That would probably help too.
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Just in case anyone wants to keep this going after waiting on me for so long, I'm game.)

With a bit of hesitance, Tent gave a slight nod towards the one called Hanno, then towards the blind woman he called Meryem. The Rito--Bragi--certainly seemed... odd... but Tent himself was quickly beginning to think the man's odd nature was not a threat to him. It was nonetheless eerie and startling how that fellow seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Tent's fists extinguished with a faint sizzling sound. It was apparent in his voice and stature that he was not completely sure if aiding this bizarre trio was the correct course of action, yet he informed them of the truth anyway. "I did see Rupee Wraiths, actually. I was chasing them until this wall prevented me from advancing further, as--" he glanced towards Bragi "--I cannot fly. I had no means of opening that large red door either, save perhaps burning it down."

Clearing his throat, he advanced a few paces--towards the switch he found earlier, to bring it to their attention. "This pressure-sensitive plate I thought might open it, but, as you can see--" he stood upon it, causing it to audibly click "--nothing seems to happen. It seems odd for a well-hidden switch to not actually accomplish anything. Either it is malfunctioning, or, perhaps, there are other switches nearby we need to uncover, and activating all of them will open the door."

He added, hesitantly, "Those wraiths--indeed it seemed they were carrying a creature of my size, though I assumed it to be a Moblin-like creature, not a pet." He said this looking into Meryem's eyes--then suddenly wondered if a blind woman could tell if he was speaking to her... but tried not to think about it.
  15. Devil-Steel

Hanno felt like an idiot for not having noticed sooner that Meryem was blind. How could he, a healer, not have spotted that. He wouldn't even bother to offer to heal her sight since there were plenty of other, more powerful, healers to be found. If her eyes could be healed he was sure that she would have found someone capable of doing so before now. Turning his attention to Tent, and the matter at hand, which was far more pressing than a physical aliment that Meryem has probably learned to deal with long ago.

As Tent explained about the Rupee Wraiths that he had spotted that had been carrying something and the hidden switch that he had stumbled upon Hanno began to move closer to the wall that was in their way. The Zora would start digging through the bushes on the opposite side of the door from Tent. He agreed that a such a well hidden switch that didn't accomplish anything didn't make any sense, and while there was always the chance that the switch was just malfunctioning the lone switch to a door such as this not being maintained didn't make any sense.

During his search Tent would describe what the Rupee Wraiths he had seen were carrying which would cause Hanno to quickly stand up and spin around. There was no way that Meryems pet was a Moblin-like creature, right? Before he could voice his thoughts the Zora would lose his balance and fall backwards, not with a thud but rather an audible click as he landed on a second hidden switch. "Well I found a switch. Ow ow ow." Standing up Hanno would rub his backside. That switch he landed on wasn't the softest of things after all. "Meryem, would you happen to know what exactly Pooky is?" Since coming to live on the surface Hanno had already come to see some strange things, a Bokoblin that wears a wig, and a fire using Deku to be amongst some of the stranger ones. A blind Gerudo that keeps a moblin as a pet would be just be par for the course at this point.
  16. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Show Spoiler
    It's come to my attention that Eternis is probably not going to be back to post here, we should probably assume Bragi flew off or something.

"I suppose there are more switches. . . " Meryem began, trailing off until Hanno spoke up.

"Ah, yes. Pooky. That little scamp is a Miniblin my people tamed back in Gerudo fortress. Before you judge me, know that his very basic amount of intelligence is what I navigate on. His eyes, you see. . . " she explained, before promptly trailing off again in the middle of a sentence.

Stumbling around in a third, separate direction than the others led Meryem to another switch. She unknowingly set her feet on it, causing the door in the wall to clumsily creak open. In the clearing past the opening, something was immediately visible. It looked like some sort of pot monster with handles, with gooey tendrils leaking out the bottom. Its single eye glared out the door. This was a Hikkun, it seemed. Meryem steadied herself on her feet. She wasn't sure what to expect next, just as sure as she couldn't see. As a formality, she then turned herself to face the others.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Tent's eyes widened, and he uneasily rubbed the back of his neck. Although he to his recollection had ever had a lengthy conversation with a Miniblin, he had always assumed them to be decently intelligent... Maybe Moblins kept them as pets or slaves? Or, perhaps, it was just this 'Poo-Key' that was of limited intellect. Wait, wait--Tent suddenly realized what the term 'pet' could imply. Was it some kind of perverse relationship and she was this Miniblin's mistress? Hopefully not. It was a bizarre situation, regardless.

Did Din guide him to help these people? Who knows. He certainly didn't... It was the best he could do to keep from audibly sighing, instead just lowering his head into his palm. Guy would be alright without him, surely. By the time he lifted his head, the third switch sprung, and a door opened.

With a flick of his wrist, Tent slung an Ember Seed towards the Hikkun. At the slightest burn, it abruptly holed up into its iron shell, quivering slightly. "I've never defeated one of these, due to that impenetrable shell," Tent admitted, "But it seems to stop bothering you for a while if you do so much as scratch it..."

Judging from the switches and the door, Tent was expecting some kind of fortess, a den of thieves, or some sinister evil structure... not more woodlands. Why would you wall woodlands off of woodlands? Was this someone's orchard? Tent just shook his head. He begin to idly knock on the Hikkun's shell, asking, "By the way, Meryem, do you have any idea why this Wraith would kidnap your--erm--pet?"
  18. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Show Spoiler
    it has been four actual years since a post and Pooky is a playable character now so expect some hot garbage

It hit her like a headache. Her ability to see the future was interfering with the strange circumstances happening then and there.

"Oh,... sorry. It's not like a Vai to get such vapors. It looks like that Wraith was given to some mischief is all. I doubt it has a greater purpose for capturing Pooky. Poor little scamp is probably still in danger." Meryem heaved as she regained her senses.

Something else was off. Meryem opened her eyes. She "looked" around, although it was more a turn of her head to hear the white noise of her companions. She heard Tent step around a bit and realized something.

"Wait! Bragi and Hanno?! Where the blazes did they go?" she asked the Deku.

She felt Hanno might be near enough to call for but Bragi was as good as gone. Guess he didn't care about a Miniblin. Pooky was out there though, and not without purpose. Pooky activated his Gnat Hat and vanished from the vaporous arms of the Rupee Wraith. He examined his surroundings. There was a myriad of puzzles about the Sea of Trees maze. He wormed his way about the tall grass that towered above him like trees.

Pooky ran with his speedy little urban-hustle-and-bustle legs. He jumped up a colorful vine and began to climb. A wretched look came upon his face as he realized the thick vine would be more climbable if he was large. He reversed his Gnat Hat and climbed the vine like lightning. He nailed a crystal switch at the top of the vine and a rickety bamboo-weave gate opened.

"OOH Misssstressss! Pooky is waaaiting!" his siren song dulcetly wafting down the maze. He was actually pretty deep in the labyrinth so his one door opened wasn't much of a feat.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Show Spoiler
    we're gonna need to find a dumpster for all these garbage posts

"A-ah." Tent hesitated. The woman was used to relying on her other senses, surely. He wasn't sure what the other two had whispered to themselves but... "Where did they go?"

He didn't know of them, and was too distracted with the commotion and the Hikkun to notice them. Even now Tent continued harmlessly poking the Hikkun, just so the monster would stay in its shell until the group--the duo?--moved on. There certainly seemed no need to kill such a shy monster.

"Well," Tent seemed perplexed, "I ran into these woods to rescue someone, but now that I'm a bit sobered up I--uh--well--" He cursed himself internally for a moment, "I suppose there's no reason I can't help you find your pet, especially if your other two friends have already wandered off." He didn't want to say the zora and rito both abandoned a blind woman in the middle of a forest but that is certainly what it looked like. Was this some sort of conspiracy? Some sort of evil plot? Who would just leave a blind woman in a monster-filled forest? The only thing Tent knew for certain is that he did not know. The two seemed capable enough on their own, but he was less confident in leaving Meryem's side.

"I'd rather stick with you than go looking for them. And--" His head perked up at a distant sound, something not unlike nails on a chalkboard--the screech of a horrid monster somewhere deep within these woods. Waiting for them. "--...is... is there anything you can do to help us find him? her? ...it? ...something like a horse call, perhaps?"
  20. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "A horse call? You make a good point. I should have something like that, but I usually just scream for him." she admitted, somewhat embarrassed.

Meryem felt around for walls but it was no use, having not been here before was a major encumberment.

"I probably shouldn't have gotten this far in my life without a cane either..." she whispered, even more embarrassed that she came all the way out here without one. She felt the airwaves with her ears and peeked back into her mind's eye for a hint. It was a clunky way of looking at things but remembering her own dreams to navigate could still be considered a gift. Her dream was riddled with the shivering and rustling of the leaves of a large plant of some sort. That wasn't a good enough hint for where all these people were vanishing to, she needed a location.

"Pooky! I can almost hear you! Which way did you go?!" she shouted into the underbrush.

She received more shrill sounds from deep in the maze. It was clear they would have to navigate the Sea of Trees to find their now-three lost comrades. Meryem pointed her face at Tent.

"Pooky is in that strange base made of thicket, and if those two just ran into there then I assume we have to catch up before it's too late. Something beastly lurks in the core of that place." she mentioned to Tent, hoping his footsteps would take the lead. It seemed a landscape of traps and monsters, a dungeon of sorts.

Pooky made his way to the bamboo door. He smirked and looked at a set of monsters. A Keese, no three or so, hovered about a pair of statues. The statues were no doubt Armos, Pooky recognized the design, the manufacture too. He placed his Gnat Hat back on and entered a small passageway inside the Armos. The first Armos was simple, he entered its core and flipped a switch. Some glowing torches flickered and indicated that it had turned off.

The Miniblin recklessly tumbled out of the Armos and headed for the second one, but a Keese swooped down and tried to grab him. Everything wanted a piece of Pooky today. The Keese was too close for him to evade with his Mush-Mushsproing. He had to think quickly. He thought on his feet and used his Ventriloquism to dissuade it.

"Back off!" boomed a deep, yet still scratchy voice from the head of the other Armos. The Keese fled back to its brethren as the sound shook its sensitive ears.

Pooky quickly shifted back to his natural size, which still wasn't very large, and hopped away like a bunny to look for more doorways.