Arena Tourney

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Quill, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

... Both are interesting, but
    RANDOMNESS WORKS IN MY FAVOR!
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Hmmm... Part of me wants to say the list. While teh ranndomz is lost, the situation will play out given what both players want. If say... I'm looking forward to a serious awesome fight, and I get the rubber ducky stadium, it'll take away from the fight.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Well, most of them are ridiculous. You have to remember that Loft is the one who's imagination is being used to create these settings. They're all simple concepts (complexity is not good for arena stages), but there are only a couple that could be called "normal." I won't say any more until the vote's completely in, though.

EDIT: Oh, and you're fighting with Masaro. You won't have a serious fight. :P
  4. Tsubori

But... but... -3- SHMEHHHHHHH *You has point*
  5. Quill

lol is your vote still the same?
  6. Tsubori

7. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

I vote the list. Random's cute, but I'd like to have a say in the settings for my fights. /party pooper
  8. Quill

lol. It's all down to you now, Squish! :tpr:
  9. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

SQUISHY! PLEASE VOTE FOR RANDOM!
  10. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Ehhhh, oh crap D: I can't decide! Can't we decide per couple what we want? Or maybe come up with a surprise arena, but if the contestants have a problem with it, things can be changed? I like random arenas, but I could see myself wanting to have a say in it maybe :S
  11. Quill

Well, the surprise choice involves total surprise, not even knowing the options, meaning that you can't decide per couple. Changing the arena once the fight starts sounds horrible, and I don't want to go through that.

So, yes, you must choose. 1 or 2?
  12. Quill

*1 week later*

Right, I think what we have is what we're sticking with. Here's what we got...

1) There be a clear list of stages to choose from, full agreement between partners being needed
    - Tsu (choice of mood)
    - Darth (wants a say)

2) None of you know where you're going or even the options; Loft would be surprising each pair with their setting
    - Quill (likes surprises)
    - E (randomness ftw!)

3) Other
    - Squish

Since we have a tie, I'm going to roll it. I'll use This Site to roll a 1d10. If the number rolled is 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9, we'll go with option 1. If the number rolled is 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10, we'll go with option 2.

Ready?

*rolls*

Yowch. Good thing this ain't D&D XD

Option 1 it is, then. LET THEIR BE REJOICING FOR THE ONES. I've got the stage list already... whether I post them here or in the actual Tourney Main Thread itself will depend on how much time the Challenge Match with Tsu takes. I'll post stuff if I feel people are getting the idea that the Tourney's dying. It'll all depend on the time. Oh, I would also like to state that if a pair wants to keep it random, that could easily be arranged.

Any new people reading this: registration for the Arena Tourney is still open. Information on what the heck a Player's Tourney is can be found here. A good example of an Arena thread can be found here.
  13. Tsubori

:tpr: Yayyyyyyy We're number one!
  14. Quill

Progress Report!

---

Step 1: Get Thread With Squish Graded

Step 2: Finish dealing with insane Darknut in Arena Hall

Step 2: Begin Match With Tsu

Step 3: Finish Match

Step 4: Get Match Graded

Step 5: Open Official Registrations

Step 6: Begin

----

- Quill (Loft)
    - Tsubori (Masaro)
    - Squishy (Locke)
    - Darth Slaverus (Farley)
    - Eternis (Holle)

Pot: 50 Rupees

That's not the official signups, I'd just like to say. The list above is comprised of the people I know will be participating. Immediately after the Challenge Match is graded, I will post the Official Tourney Signups.

Just to reiterate where we're at right now...

This is a Player's Tourney, hosted by the insane cuccolander, Loft. The Tourney will run in a standard round-robin system, where everyone fights everyone. A list of the available stages will be given at the start of the Tourney, and every pair will have the option of choosing which they wish to use. A halt will be called at the end of 60 days, in the unlikely event that a thread drags on for that long. If a participant does not post within 7 days, barring Excruciatingly Painful circumstances, that participant automatically loses the match. However, he may choose to compete in the next round.

The Arena Lord will be grading, but it is possible that Loft will throw in a special condition for each individual fight. The overarching pot consists of ten rupees from each character. 70% will be given to the person with the most points by the end of the Tourney, 25% to second place, and 5% to last. These percentages will be rounded down, and any leftover rupees will be awarded to a randomly selected entry.

Official signups for the Tourney will begin once the Challenge Match between myself and Tsu is graded. These signups will be open for precisely 7 days, after which time the doors will be forever barred. The signups will be in the main Arena Forum, so when the time comes, keep an eye out. I will be posting regular progress reports here, so it's unlikely the signups will catch you unawares. While posting here is not required, it does make things easier for me, so please let me know you're interested in this thread.
  15. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

NOES RANDOMNESS IS NOW DEAD D:
  16. Squishy

Eehhhhh I'm signing up now, since I'll prolly forget to check this thread regularly and miss the sign-up period ._.;
  17. Quill

Well, sorry Squish, but I can't really do that for you. The signups are only open one week, which is the same time as the post deadline for the Arena fights. I set it that way as a final test; will you be active enough to stick with your fights? Like I said, though, there'll be plenty of notice and warning beforehand, and the Player's Tourney thread will be posted in the Arena section, so it'll be hard to miss if you're on.

If it makes things easier, though, I can send a PM to everyone in this thread who says they're interested before posting signups, to make it so you CAN'T miss them if you're on. Will that help, Squish?
  18. Squishy

Ah, okay c:

Yes a warning or so beforehand would help immensely xD
  19. Quill

Oh, don't worry about that. If you post in here the signups won't catch you unawares; that'd be really unfair to just post them out of the blue and expect everyone to see them. If you say you're interested here, I'll be sending PMs beforehand. I'll also be giving heads-up in this thread, too, so no worries.

Oh hey, I was thinking about the pot. BP's handling of the pot in "BPvU5" isn't a bad idea. I'm thinking that we could open the floor to individual-thread pots from both the contestants and anyone who happens to be following, in addition to the over-arching pot of the whole Tourney.

Do you guys think that'd be something cool to do? Would it work, would it be worth doing, etc.?
  20. Tsubori

If people show an interest in doing so, I don't see why not.