Should've Been Lily [Eevachu + Chaos James][Skyreach]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Eevachu, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Quest Thread: Should've Been Lily

Bursting through the trees, Rika was met with a sight he had feared for ages, something he never wanted to see. Windows were busted in, door curtains were torn to shreds, and worse of all, corpses littered the ground. They were small and humanoid, wearing green clothes, they could only be one thing; Kokiri. Mad Scrubs giddily ran the grounds, leaping over and onto corpses as they went. Deku Baba littered the ground, snapping and chewing at whatever was in the immediate vicinity, even if it were a Mad Scrub. Rika couldn't believe his eyes, just what happened here? He had just recently left, and although he was gone for a short time, it hadn't been that long.

Furthermore, he had been saving the forest, how had this part gotten in such disarray? Rika, with the help of a Hylian named Lucian, had successfully purified a vicinity to the south of Kokiri Village that had become fairly tainted and cursed. While there, Rika had obtained a bunny ally. However, on the way back to Kokiri Village, Lucian displayed signs of a high fever and other symptoms of sickness. Luckily for the two of them, they came across a small tribe of Mad Scrub who lived between the two effected areas. They had agreed to treat Lucian in exchange for some sort of payment, but Rika lacked rupees on him, as he had left them at his home in Kokiri Forest. To make up for this, Rika left him his red Bunny Hood hat he had just obtained, a magical item, as a sort of down payment, with promises to return and exchange it for actual rupees. While there, however, Rika was informed by the Mad Scrubs of some horrible happenings going on in Kokiri Village. He immediately rushed back to the village, leaving Lucian behind to be treated.

Drawing his scythe, Rika ran forward, slicing through the Deku Baba and ignoring the Mad Scrub who seemed to also ignore him, minding his own mad business. Though he wanted to figure out the situation at hand, the most crucial thing at this moment was to get back to his house and make sure Wollo was safe. After that, he would work from there.
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    It had been a good while now since he had entered the looming protection of the trees, quite sure this time he was not on route to his home. Without any idea of where he was or where he was going, he decided to do the same thing he does in every situation and pulled out his favorite novel from his jacket pocket, finding where he had left off. He mused for a moment, questioning if his lost hiking would require starting the book from the start again, but decided against it. The chapter in The Tower was one of his favorite parts, and was coming up, so he kept on his current pace.

His walking continued with little change in pace, his mind was deeply enthralled with the part of the chapter with the Maiden's escape from The Tower, when his book was knocked from his grasp. Replacing the book was the jaws of a Deku Baba, clasping down on his right hand. Stunned for a moment, he stared at the Deku Baba, whom tried to eat his arm with confusion, unable to get through the metal. Shaking his head, Nicholas snapped back to his senses and shoved his right arm further into it's mouth, hitting the back of the throat and causing the monster-plant to open it's mouth again. Pulling his arm back, he then punched the Deku Baba in the jaw, forcing it to reel backwards. Quickly following through, Nicholas grabbed it by the stem and twisted his hand sideways, snapping the thin neck of the monster-plant and causing it to collapse.

Picking up his novel and dusting it off, Nicholas took in his surroundings, surprised he had not noticed sooner. He wandered into a destroyed village, bodies littering the ground and Deku Baba snapping wildly about. Confused and curious, Nicholas began to make his way forward, skirting around the range of the monster-plants when he noticed rapid movement ahead. What he first thought was a child farmer, he quickly realized was a more familiar face. That one Kokiri he had encountered defending Impa, Rika something-or-other. Point being, Rika was making a bee-line for something, and Nicholas quickly took to following the Kokiri, using the path the little mage was making as a safe route.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

It was sort of a symbolic sight to behold. Death corroded the air as a single lone Kokiri, surrounded by the corpses of his brethren, beheaded the antagonistic seed-like creatures with a long, bladed scythe, as if the reaper were claiming its lives to replace the ones lost previously. Aside from the occasional Mad Scrub, who all seemed to be doing rather silly things, Rika didn't see a single sign of life. All the other Kokiri bodies were simply corpses, and any living Kokiri were probably in shelter somewhere. Rika tried to mentally block away the corpses; He may have hated the other Kokiri, but he didn't want them to die, or especially see them dead.

Soon, Rika reached his house. At the feet of the ladder leading up to his house rest the corpse of the Kokiri. Perhaps he tried to flee to Rika's house for shelter, and was assaulted mid climb? Maybe it was just a coincidence. Regardless, he climbed up the ladder, cautious to not make any sort of sound. As he reached the top, Rika heard shuffling from within the house, causing him to quickly jump to the side next to the entrance. Peeking in, Rika saw a trio of Mad Scrubs dancing on his floor, stuffing their faces with the small quantity of food Rika had collected since he arrived at the village. Wollo was nowhere to be seen.

Gripping his scythe, Rika ran in the room, shouting, "What are you all doing?!" The Mad Scrubs squeaked loudly and panicked, running around madly in circles. They seemed to attempt to speak, but their snouts were too stuffed with food to make out anything legible. The running soon stopped, however, as the Mad Scrubs slammed into each other, falling to the ground like a pile of bowling pins. As Rika neared them, scythe drawn, one managed to clear his mouth, squeaking out a hasty reply.

"P-Please don't kill us mister! We're not crazy like the rest, w-we just hid ourselves in here! P-Please spare us!" Rika looked at them with a glance of confusion. Like the rest? What did they mean? It was true the Mad Scrubs he had encountered were acting very strangely. . . Were they the cause of this? Wrapping his scythe blade around the Mad Scrub's neck, Rika stared at him fiercely, causing the Mad Scrub to flinch. If he had sweat glands, he would be sweating profusely.

The Kokiri spoke clearly, without any real sign of emotion. "Explain, now." The Mad Scrub squeaked again. "W-W-W-We don't know what's going on! Well, no-" He was interrupted as Rika moved the scythe closer to his face. "That's not what I want to hear." The Mad Scrub almost jumped, but managed to contain himself, less he slice himself open on the scythe.

"W-W-Well, a strange plague appeared and started eating up all the trees, r-right?! I'm sure you noticed!" Rika nodded slightly, before waiting for him to continue. "Well, this strange miasma formed all of a sudden, killing all the plantlife around it, and it started spreading! What's left is this nasty marsh, killing all the life inside it!" The Deku squeaked, still nervous that the scythe was right by him. "I see, this isn't the first I've encountered of that. . . But what of the village, why is it like this? Furthermore, what did you mean by 'crazy like the rest'?"

"It's the Mad Scrubs! The mist, it's driven them crazy!" He shouted, before quickly interjecting himself. "N-Not all of them of course, we're normal! Please don't kill us mister!" Rika glanced at the two cowering beside him, before looking back at him. "I have one final question. Where is the Octorock?" The Mad Scrub's face turned into a mixture of fear and confusion.

"O-Octorock? I don't know what you're talking about, mister!" This caused a somewhat violent reaction from Rika, his voice raising. "Don't screw with me, where's the Octorock?!" The scrub's voice got a bit quieter out of fear as he responded. "I-I'm telling the truth mister. . . When we got here, we didn't see any Octorocks. . ." Rika stared at him intently for a moment, before removing his scythe, causing the Mad Scrub to collapse to the ground.

"Fine, I'll spare you guys, but don't do anything suspicious or you might find this scythe at your neck again." The Mad Scrub nodded meekly, as Rika turned his attention to the rest of the house. If they didn't see Wollo, then where could he be?
  4. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As Nicholas took to following the small Kokiri, he hadn't realized just how quick the little guy was, and how much smaller he realistically was. While Rika had been able to make quick work getting through the field of Deku Baba, Nicholas was much larger and was still in range of some of the surviving plants. Weaving between snapping bites, he was slowly covering less ground as he tried to keep his pace and his footing. He eventually stopped in time to avoid one trying to make his face a snack, and punched the plant-beast in the face. As it reeled back, he grabbed it's neck-like stem with his right hand and kicked the stalk hard, breaking it off. Looking ahead, he caught the glimpse of Rika climbing into a house above the ground.

Looking at the path before him he could see not many Deku Baba stood in his way, so with a deep breath he bolted forward, darting past the first and weaving past the second one, the third one took aim for his face but he aptly deflected it's strike with his right arm. Continuing his run, once he got close to the ladder he pushed off the ground, springing into the air. With a bit of help from his Roc's Feather, he landed a couple rungs near the top of the ladder, grabbing on and pulling himself up to peer over the top.

"Hey Rika!" he called out, thinking for a moment if the Kokiri would even remember him, "I don't know if you remember but we've fought together. The name is Nicholas."
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Rika moved his blade away from the Mad Scrub's neck, he heard a voice call out from behind him. His name. It was a deeper voice, so not a Kokiri, but it was his name. Instinctively, Rika turned around, pointing his scythe forward. However, as he did so, he saw it was the dumb guy that charged at Jagon alone. What was his name? Rather, what was he doing here? As he spoke his name, Rika lowered his scythe away from Nicholas, but still kept a steady grip on it. He probably wasn't hostile, but Rika wasn't sure anymore.

"Nicholas? What are you doing so far away from Impa, weren't you a soldier. . . ? Wait, more importantly, do you have any idea what's going on here?" He inquired to the Hylian, though the Mad Scrubs behind him had a much more terrified reaction. They jumped at the sight of the menacing Hylian, with his gauntlet that probably had splashes of Deku Baba blood on it. They ran around in a panic, squeaking as they did before colliding with each other. Before they could move again, Rika did. "Shut up!" He shouted to them, before continuing, "We don't need to attract more attention, so stop doing that and sit down over there!" The Mad Scrubs instantly froze, planting themselves, figuratively, on the ground to the left.

They were surrounded by such scary people, what were they to do? At least the scary people were probably strong, so they would be safe. . . As long as the scary people were on their side, anyway.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Chaos James likes this.
  6. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As Nicholas took the time to look around the house, he quickly found a weapon pointed at him, lifting his arms up to show he meant no harm and would be peaceful. He watched Rika carefully, noting the subtle hints of recognition in his body movement as he lowered his scythe, but didn't seem completely relaxed. Sighing with relief, Nicholas lowered his arms to his side. He took a second look around the house before eyeing the Mad Scrubs who had a panic attack as Rika spoke. Once they had been calmed by the menacing Kokiri, Nicholas responded.

"I..." he stopped mid-thought, realizing how foolish he would sound, but continued anyways. "I seem to have gotten lost on my way home, and wandering has led me here." Turning back to look towards the door, remembering what outside had looked like, he decided not to announce he had been discharged from the Hylian Guard and merely answered Rika's other question.

"I have no idea what is happening. Something foul to have killed so many though, so I will gladly pledge myself to stopping such evil." Despite no longer being part of Hyrule's serving soldiers, his sense of justice hadn't been dulled by his demotion and he was eager as ever to fight against the evil's of the land.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika eyed him suspiciously as he told his story. He got lost on his way home, and wound up here? Didn't he live in Northern Hyrule? Such a story would normally seem really fishy, but all Rika could think was one thing; He really WAS an idiot. Rika seemed to relax his guard slightly, but sighed unpleasantly when Nicholas informed him that he had no clue what was going on. Well, that was to be expected if he just wandered here.

"Well, that makes two of us. All I know is what these Scrubs told me," Rika said, motioning towards the three Mad Scrubs, who squeaked to attention upon being mentioned. "I don't know if you've noticed, but there's some sort of. . . curse, spreading throughout the forest. The wildlife is dying, and turning it into a poisonous miasma. It spread pretty far, even all the way south. I just returned from there and managed to cleanse the problem there, but it seems it may have been unrelated to the problem here. Along with this, some Mad Scrubs have gone crazy, as you've probably noticed." Rika said, before turning to look at the trio in his house, unamused. ". . . These three are too dumb, though. That's about all I know right now, the first thing I did is run here." He finished, turning back to Nicholas. As they talked, Nicholas would notice a look of shock wash over one of the Mad Scrub's faces.

Shortly after, the skittish plant-like creature jumped up, squeaking, running off to the other side of the room and slamming into a small shelf. Rika turned, angrily, but stopped just before he shouted. His anger turned to a look of pure bemusement at the sight he saw before him. A large, pink circle sat on the ground, four tiny little nods sticking out of the front of it. On top was a large, round snout, not unlike that of the scrub's, with a long, wavy leaf moustache resting on top. A hastily gathered patch of long blades of grass stuck out of the snout pointing upward, as the legs kicked themselves furiously to turn over, but to no avail.

All Rika could do is stare, completely shocked. A few moments later, words finally escaped his lips. ". . . Wollo?" He said, continuing to stare blankly. ". . . What are you doing?"
  8. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas stood silently as he listened to Rika explain what little he knew. His arms crossed, he contemplated the information and started to muse to himself about the situation. The wildlife, he had noted, did look worse off then one would expect of a forest, and if it was true that the woods were poisoned, then it's source was likely to be found spreading from somewhere within the woods. If the Kokiri had come from the south dealing with such a problem, then likely the answer could be found more northward, though he had no way to confirm that. Perhaps following the corruption for where it got worse would be the best plan, but Nicholas wasn't exactly a master tracker. The look on the Mad Scrubs face brought him from his questioning state, drawing his attention across the room into a wall.

Nicholas stared at the strange beast.

Tilting his head to one side as he stared.

"Does that... Octorok... have a... mustache?"

Nicholas just stared. While odd encounters were par for the course when you worked in the Guard, somethings just cross that invisible line that separates odd from... insane. Words seemed to escape him now, as if the whole situation had been halted by the appearance of such a thing.
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Nicholas inquired about the moustache, all Rika could do was nod. "Yes, that's right. It's an Octorok with a moustache." Walking over to the Octorok, Rika pushed his squishy body to the ground, causing him to walk forward slightly before realizing he stopped moving. Rika stared at Wollo for another second or two before slapping himself in the face. "Just. . . what were you doing, Wollo?" The Octorok looked at him confusedly, he couldn't tell? Was it not very good? "Uhh. . . Wollo heard plants coming, so. . . Wollo hid as a pot." The Octorok told him almost too sincerely. He disguised himself. . . as a pot. A pot. Rika looked at him for a moment, with a face that clearly didn't understand. Why, Wollo? Why couldn't you be the smart one in the room? Rika wasn't even going to dignify that with a response.

Letting out a deep, somewhat ashamed sigh of air, Rika turned back to face Nicholas. "I'm not quite sure what we're dealing with, but for now, I think. . . we should focus on finding as many surviving Kokiri as possible. Did you see any on the way here, other than me?" Rika asked, turning to the Mad Scrubs too. "N-No mister, I didn't! None alive, anyway! I-I mean, eep!" The Mad Scrub quickly interrupted himself, though Rika didn't seem to care.

"With the bloodbath outside, any survivors are probably held up in houses and other shelter. I also wonder what the Great Deku Tree is doing in all of this. . . Okay, Nicholas, we'll go around searching for any survivors. As I said, they're probably held up in houses, so I'd search there, just be a bit more cautious popping in than you did at my house, or you might find a knife swung at you. I'll go meet with the Great Deku Tree too, as I know the way, and try to figure out what exactly is happening. We'll meet back here later. As for you four. . ." Rika said, turning to the Mad Scrubs and Wollo, who jumped- Wollo included, for some reason- at this.

"Y-Yes mister, how can we help?!" He hesitantly asked. They probably didn't actually want to help, but they didn't really have a choice. ". . . Just stay here and keep the place safe, you'll probably die if you go out. If you see any survivors outside, tell them to come up, but don't let any Deku Scrubs up, we don't know who can be trusted. . . Although a Mad Scrub couldn't climb a ladder anyway." After saying that, Rika briefly wondered how the trio of Mad Scrubs got into his house in the first place without any arms. However, there were more important matters at hand than that, so Rika soon pushed it to the back of his mind.

". . . Anyway, does that plan sound fine to you, Nicholas?"
    Doc Genz likes this.
  10. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas watched in awe as the mustachioed octorok, whom Rika referred to as Wollo, and the Kokiri carry on a conversation. Once Rika finished talking with his... pet? Friend? Battle companion? Nicholas didn't know, but Rika was back discussing the problem at hand so Nicholas focused back on what they would do. When asked about seeing survivors, Nicholas merely shook his head and continued to listen as Rika laid out a plan. Nicholas had no qualms with such suggestions, any danger that could creep up on either one wouldn't likely cause issue so splitting up wasn't too dangerous. "It sounds like a fine plan to me."

With the plan understood by all parties, Nicholas nodded to the Kokiri and left first, being closest to the door. Lowering his body as he reached the edge of the balcony, he dropped to the ground with a dull thump and started forward once more. Deku Baba still littered the village, snapping at the occasion Mad Scrub who ran by. Moving to the closest home to him, Nicholas edged around the building until he came to the door. The curtain that served as a door was torn down, and peering inside showed only a corpse, which caused Nicholas to sigh with regret. Turning towards the rest of the village, he started to pick out the best path he could take to each the other buildings while avoiding any heavy gatherings of plant-beasts.

With a path picked out, it was on to the next house.
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Nicholas ran off, Rika headed out of the door soon after, turning back to look at the Mad Scrubs and Wollo briefly before leaving. Would they really be fine by themselves? Wollo had already started trying to disguise himself as a pot again, the Mad Scrubs pushing him up onto his back and desperately trying to put the blades of grass in his snout despite the distinct lack of hands. Well, if something did show up, they were all dead for sure, hopefully nothing would.

Leaping off the side of the balcony, a gust of wind seemingly pushed Rika up as he jumped a second time, slowly gliding to the ground as small strings of wind formed from his shoulders and gently flew upward above him, reaching a foot or two above his head before disappearing. Although he'd keep an eye out for any surviving Kokiri, the most crucial thing was reaching the Great Deku Tree. After all, it only seemed logical that the Kokiri would go to him too, so there would probably be a number of them there.

Stealthily sneaking from one house to another, Rika quickly peered into the windows before moving on as he made his way towards the Great Deku Tree, though he had not been lucky in finding survivors. He sliced up the occasional Deku Baba or Mad Scrub in his way, but for the most part he either managed to sneak around them, or they were too preoccupied with each other.

Reaching the entrance to the Great Deku Tree's doman, Rika's theory had been confirmed; Other Kokiri had assumed the Great Deku Tree was safe, and that they should head there as quick as possible. However, they could not have been more wrong. A towering wall of thick, sharp thorns blocked the entrance, so deep- or thick- that Rika couldn't even see the other side. However, what he did see were Kokiri. It seemed as if some few had attempted to enter through the thorns regardless, and they were met with a horrible fate; Death. Their skin was shredded to pieces by the multitude of razor sharp thorns, and the thorns themselves almost seemed to be. . . moving, as the vines shifted and turned slightly inside.

However, there could be other reasons for this movement as well. As Rika pondered this, and whether or not he could slice through the thick vines, his train of thought was broken by a loud, high pitched scream. Rika rushed along the vines, intent on finding the source of the scream. From the sound of it, it was the voice of a Kokiri girl.
  12. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As his search of the town continued, he found his attempts at locating surviving Kokiri to be fruitless. Most houses were empty, their inhabitants likely lying outside among the chaos. A few still held their deceased owners, and as his search continued despair hung thicker and thicker over his head. Reaching the next house, the curtain down, Nicholas brushed it aside to look within. Something seemed off to him, a nagging feeling, so he stepped inside, calling out in case someone was hiding, "is anyone here?" As he did so, he noticed faint movement behind the upturned furniture, a foot attempting to hide behind a table. Before he could speak more though, a flicker at the corner of his eye caused him to turn as a Kokiri boy leaped at him, dagger in hand. Lifting his right arm in defense, the attacker found his blade hit effortlessly off the metal armor, only slicing a crude cut in the leather jacket he wore over the armor.

Falling to the ground with the knife still in hand, the Kokiri darted forward with a scream as he attempted to gut Nicholas, who stepped back to narrowly avoid the lunge and grabbed the boy's arm with his left hand. Pulling the blade from the Kokiri's grip with ease, Nicholas released the boy and held up his arms. "I'm not a foe," he stated as the boy retreated in a panic, "I've been searching the village for survivors." The Kokiri boy was distrustful still, having moved back to his crude barricade of furniture, and Nicholas soon noticed a second Kokiri with the boy, this one a girl.

Lowering to the ground, Nicholas slid the knife back to the barricade and stood up, motioning to the door. "I'm serious when I say I mean no harm. If you could come with me, I need to meet back with a friend, who would appreciate if you had any information about what happened here." While the Kokiri boy glared at the Hylian with distrust, his female companion spoke quickly with her friend, convincing him it was probably safer. As they walked outside, they started to snake a path among the crazed plant-beasts.

Nicholas stopped when he heard the sounds of a garbled hunting horn sound, suddenly alert and scanning his surroundings as he calmly urged the Kokiri to pick up the pace.
  13. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

His eyes scanning the ground and nearby vicinity as he ran, Rika saw a tiny, soft hand sticking out of the vines. It was definitely the source of the screams, as he could hear her very clearly. Running over, a small, brown haired Kokiri girl was trapped in the vines. She had small cuts covering her body and brown dress, vines entangling her and squeezing tightly, as Rika saw them wrapping tighter and tighter around her body. Tears ran down her red cheeks as she saw Rika, crying out to him. "Please. . . Help!" She screamed, her voice cracking apart in fear.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out!" He shouted, gripping his scythe and slicing at the vines around her. Though they were thick, a clean cut of the scythe made short work of them, slicing through any of the thorny vines in its way. This seemed to have the opposite reaction, however. Instead of cutting the vines around her, they seemed to tighten, as if out of anger, the girl crying out louder in pain as the razor sharp thorns pierced her flesh.

This confirmed one thing for sure with Rika; The vines weren't just there, they were sentient. He DID see them move earlier. He would have to cut the vines directly holding her, but he'd have to be careful, or he'd simply slice her open and do more damage than the vines. As he contemplated his next action, he suddenly felt a small drip of blood run down his arm, as a vine shot out, a thorn slicing his skin. "Shit!" He panicked, as the thorn wrapped around his arm, pulling him in. The thorns cut at him slightly as he was pulled, but that was the least of his worries. They were minor at best and would only present a threat in large numbers. It was the vines pulling him in he was worried about, pulling him into the other vines and having them slowly wrap around and slice him open, while crushing him.

It was quite the predicament he had gotten himself into.
  14. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    The trio quickly picked up the pace as the sound of the hunting horn got closer, the two Kokiri both rushing ahead as they could make gaps between Deku Baba that Nicholas couldn't. Rika's home was within sight now, but just as it seemed they would make it, they were cut off from their path by a charging pig-beast, a Bullbos, which carried upon it two riders. "Get down!" Nicholas shouted to the two Kokiri as he himself dove into the nearest wall as the second Bulblin fired a flaming arrow at the small group. Darting back out from the wall, Nicholas charged at the Bullbos as the archer nocked another arrow, but the rider kicked the beast's side to move before the Hylian could make reach them. Turning to the two Kokiri, Nicholas helped them up and the three ran once more for the tree house.

With the Kokiri reaching the ladder, Nicholas turned around to face the raiders as they began to arrive, though before he could do much another charging Bullbos can at him from the right, zooming past him as the second rider swung with his stone club. It was all Nicholas could do to raise his right around to defend himself, the blow knocking him off-balance and causing him to fall to the ground. As he swore, he looked forward to see that the Bullbos had turned around and was charging at him once more, a quick roll to the side was all that kept the Hylian from being crushed by the beast's sharp hooves.

Pushing off the ground, Nicholas pulled himself to his feet as the Bullbos made another run at him. Darting in the opposite direction, he ran as fast as he could as the beast got closer to him, until he used the added help from his Roc's Feather to jump onto a ledge, making a second leap to a roof of one of the houses as the Bullbos and it's riders crashed into the wall below. Not taking the time to wait, Nicholas ran across the roof, leaping across to the next house as a few Bulblin raiders took aim at him with their bows. Looking to his left, he could see another Bulblin archer take aim at him as the rider urged the beast forward. Without thinking much of it, Nicholas took the chance and jumped off the roof at an angle, startling the archer as he realized his target was leaping directly at him.
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Rika was pulled in, he spun, slicing at the vine latched onto him and severing the connection it had to him. However, he was now trapped inside. He couldn't simply crawl out through the vines, they would just envelop him and slowly squeeze the life out of him. This explained the Kokiri corpses spread about the vines; There was no way they would have simply died by getting scratched up, they probably weren't dumb enough to just keep going and bleed to death. There were only two explanations; Either the vines themselves kept the Kokiri trapped within, or the thorns were poisonous. Although the former being true didn't exclude the latter, Rika sorely hoped that wasn't also the case, or he'd be dropping dead in a little bit.

Waiting as a vine dashed toward him, Rika spun, slashing and slicing it in midair, while also cutting himself. Another shot out behind, and he spun again, striking at it and sending the green, thorny vine to the ground. Next, multiple vines shot at him from different directions, causing him to spin as a circle, using the scythe's wide radius to slice against those. Although perhaps not as powerful as the energy infused spins used primarily by the guardsmen of Hyrule due to being your average spin, it wasn't bad, slicing up most of the vines. Most.

One of the vines darted underneath the scythe's radius, wrapping around his arm holding the scythe by the top and locking it in place. These vines weren't just sentient, they were learning and adapting. Just what was controlling them? Opening his mouth, a ball of fire launched forth, slamming into a vine dashing towards him. He didn't want to start a fire, but it might be necessary at this point. However, to his shock, the vine wasn't effected in the slightest. In fact, it almost seemed to be empowered by the fire. Rika quickly moved to dodge it, but felt his arm twist slightly as the vine latching tight to it gave little leeway. He winced in pain as he gripped the scythe with his right hand, swinging it at the vine and slicing a small piece of it off.

However, it was difficult to use such a large weapon with one hand, especially when it wasn't your dominant hand. Slicing forward to cut a small vine blocking the way, Rika threw the scythe straight, the lithe bladed pole spinning through an opening and crashing onto the ground outside. It was useless to him right now, and if he lost it in here, he wouldn't be able to retrieve it. It was better off out there, for now. Rika just had to think, how could he get out of this situation? Fire didn't seem to have any effect, and in fact it almost seemed to hunger for more. He didn't have his scythe, but in this scenario, perhaps resorting to his daggers would be better. His other available spells were Ice, Wind, Spire, and Aqua Grenade. Aqua Grenade would be virtually useless here, as it would likely pop before it could travel distance safe enough to not kill him along with the nearby vines. So, three spells. What to do. . .
  16. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As Nicholas crashed into the two raiders, knocking them off their mount, he tumbled across the ground and came to a stop against a wall. Being a little dizzy and sore from the impact didn't slow him down though, as he pushed himself up. He looked over and saw the two Bulblins also standing up, yelling at each other in another language as Nicholas attacked. The first Bulblin fell with a single strike, not seeing the warrior coming as he punched him in the side of the head with his metal fist. The second one panicked and quickly drew his stone mace, swinging wildly as Nicholas stepped backwards before tackling the creature between strikes, slamming his fist into the raider's face as it struggled to kick him off. Grabbing the Bulblin's club with his left hand, Nicholas stood up and glanced around for his next opponent.

Before he could find an opponent though, they found him. He turned just in time to see a flaming arrow arcing towards him, giving him only enough time to dive to the ground to avoid it. He tumbled to his feet just as another Bulblin rider veered his mount towards the Hylian. Nicholas managed a clumsy sidestep, swinging the stone mace wildly as he did, catching the rider as the second Bulblin swung as well. Both riders fell crashing to the ground as Nicholas likewise was caught off-balance once more and fell over. Pushing himself up, he managed to get the jump on the first raider and crashed the club into it's skull. The other one screamed a battle cry as it leaped into combat with Nicholas, swinging wild attacks as Nicholas tried to defend from the assault, eventually opting to block a strike with his right arm to crush the chest of the Bulblin with the mace.

Stumbling back from the impact, his foe laying motionless and his arm throbbing, Nicholas ran to the closest wall to avoid being attacked while he searched for foes again.
  17. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

With his resources becoming limited, Rika had to resort to his somewhat seldom used backup weapons. Gripping at one of the two blades with his free right hand, Rika drew the blade, a light, brief snick was heard as the vine darting at Rika was met with a small, steel blade. Unaware of the newly added combat usage, the vine didn't react, the thin blade slicing through the vine's thick but easy to slice exterior, slicing through and past as the vine collapsed to the ground, unmoving. This confirmed another detail about the vines for Rika; They did not seem to analyze and think individually, but rather they acted due to information processed and gathered in real time. As such, it was likely that rather than the vines themselves being alive, there was something, some sort of host body, controlling them indirectly.

Suddenly, a noise filled the air as the Kokiri girl screamed out in pain. Glancing towards her, a large thorn had embedded itself into her arm, digging deep as blood ran down onto the floor. It was probably quite a bit of pain, and if left in there for a long time could have quite the extended aftereffects. Rika was so focused on merely not getting grabbed and dying, he still didn't have time to rescue the Kokiri girl. However, she would be getting more and more injured by each passing moment, and her screams of pain weren't exactly encouraging.

Turning his mouth to face her, he couldn't afford to fire out of his hands and risk leaving himself open to being grabbed. The area around his face chilled as Rika felt the cool air stir around his lips and nose, bringing a slight moment of discomfort to him. However, it would soon pass, as a big chunk of ice launched from his face, slamming into the vines wrapped around the girl's stomach. She cried out in pain, the impact still visibly causing her pain despite the vines covering it. However, Rika didn't think it would cause severe damage, and hoped it would cause the vines to lessen up on her. It worked better than expected.

Despite causing her pain, it seemed to have an abhorrent effect on the vines. They retracted instantly as the cold ice froze over top, seemingly petrified by it. Was ice their weakness? It seemed to be rather effective, as the vines hit by it, and even the nearby vines, seemed to be figuratively frozen by the ice, paralyzed into stillness. The girl laid on the ground in pain, also seemingly paralyzed, before Rika shouted to her. "Hurry up, run out!" She looked around for a brief moment, dazed and confused, before realizing she wasn't held down.

The girl quickly darted for the exit, thorns cutting against her, but she didn't care, she wanted to escape. Penetrating the exterior of the thicket, the girl burst into the outside, collapsing on the ground as she exhaled heavily, relieved to not be slowly dying. However, the fun wasn't over for either of them. A serious of quiet, nefarious laughing was heard, as a trio of Bulblin slowly approached, though apparently unaware of the duo so far. The girl hadn't seemed to notice, but Rika did. "Quick, hide!" He shouted to her in a panic, but his concern put himself at risk.

Another vine shot at Rika from behind while he was watching the girl, wrapping around his other arm and causing him to drop the Dagger in pain as it squeezed tightly. Rika winced in pain as both of his arms were now disabled, and he was effectively trapped. He probably should have focused more on freeing himself first, then going for the girl.
  18. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    With his back resting against the wall, Nicholas glanced around the village to watch for more raiders. The rest gave him time to breath, but he knew he couldn't wait long before dealing with more of the attackers. With the ache in his shoulder dulling, he pushed off the wall and made his way around the house. One thing he noticed as he moved along a path is that most of the Deku Baba had either been crushed by the Bullbos, though one Deku Baba seemed to still stand a stone's throw away, snacking on some fallen Bulblin it likely snapped off a Bullpos mid-charge. "The enemy of my enemy..." Nicholas mused with a grin as he turned towards the open street ahead.

Looking out into the open patch of land, he looked left and right until he saw a Bullpos come charging down the path. The Bulblin on the back, bow in hand, saw the Hylian and nocked his flaming arrow and taking aim. Thinking quickly, Nicholas ran out towards the middle of the clearing, in the path of the charging beast. As he ran, the archer tried to keep Nicholas in his sight, without even realizing he had grazed the arrow across his rider's head. The flames soon caught and the Bulblin's helm caught alight and a panic arose on the Bullpos as they both attempted to put the fire out. Seeing this as his chance, Nicholas sprung forward past the beast as it run by, hooking the reins with his right hand and pushing off the ground, kicking the distracted riders off of their mount.

With the Bullpos' reins in hand, Nicholas nudged the beast back into a straight line and charged down towards another path, hoping to find more foes before the beast could buck its rider.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  19. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the Kokiri girl looked around, she noticed the Bulblin slowly approaching. She tried to stifle her cries of pain, but tears still dripped down her face. Ducking behind the nearby building to hide, she peeked out from the corner as the Bulblin approached at a slow pace. Their interests seemed to liven up as she heard murmurs among their group, before they ran towards the vines. It seemed they had noticed Rika. They seemed to talk amongst themselves briefly in some sort of language the girl didn't understand, or perhaps their voices were too distinctively different for her to make out. Either way, it didn't seem good for Rika. One of the Bulblins laughed as he drew his bow, notching a lit arrow and pulling it back. Were they going to fire at Rika?

The Kokiri girl couldn't let that happen, he risked himself to save her, and now he was going to die for her? She had to be able to do something, anything to save him. Looking around among her feet, she saw the large, black scythe Rika had wielded. Though she couldn't wield it properly and would more likely just injure herself trying, it would serve as a distraction at the very least. Picking it up, she chunked it at the Bulblin, the scythe clunking against its head as the middle of the pole collided with the back of its skull. The arrow whizzed out as it did, but it had succeeded in saving Rika.

The arrow zoomed past Rika's body, striking a vine. The flames quickly seemed to be sucked up as the Bulblin looked around, confused at what had just hit him against the back of the head. This confusion turned to fear as the Bulblin started screaming, a large, thick vine shooting out of the thicket and grabbing him by the leg, picking him into the air and dragging him in. The second Bulblin stared deathly at Rika, as he charged forward, club in hand, swatting at the vines in his way to get the Kokiri who had just dragged away his ally. He got about a foot in before the vines around him started collapsing, but the Bulblin didn't seem to notice. Soon, he was trapped and screaming as the vines tore away at his skin. The final Bulblin was smarter, and seemed to learn from the first two's mistakes. Rather than assault the Kokiri inside of the thorns, he decided to instead locate the source of the scythe.

As he turned to look in the direction the scythe had seemingly come from, the Kokiri quickly poked her head out of the corner and desperately tried to climb into a window in the house. Due to the Kokiri's short houses, she had managed to get through, but not without the Bulblin seeing. He would try to follow her, though with a bit more difficulty due to his massive club. The Kokiri definitely had the advantage in this chase, but she seemed to lack any sort of combat experience and was injured moderately, and definitely couldn't win in an actual fight.

Meanwhile, Rika thought deeply about a plan to escape. The vines seemed to ignore him as he didn't struggle while they focused their attention on the Bulblin, giving him time to think. They despised the ice, it caused them to revolt in disgust upon even being in the vicinity of that. However, with his position, the Ice spell wouldn't be enough to escape, he would need more ice. More ice. . . Furthermore, he couldn't do anything while both his hands were bound, finding a solution for that would be the most prominent action. His brain raced as he contemplated how to free himself, and what he could employ to do so.
  20. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas discovered quickly that riding a Bullpos was wildly different then a regular horse. While the general parts were the same: stay on the saddle, hold on to the reins, and don't fall off, he couldn't nudge or steer the boar without either angering it further or hardly making a turn. Needless to say, he was basically at the whim of the Bullpos' decisions, just along for the ride as it went from street to street. As the beast galloped Nicholas often caught glimpses of Bulblins down other paths, but only for a split second as he raced by. The next turn the creature took though luckily had a Bullpos coming in the opposite direction. As if the two beasts knew what to do, they lined up for what Nicholas would call a Joust in the crudest sense of the word.

With their mounts already in motion, little preparation could be done by either rider as they hurtled towards impact. Nicholas started to swing the stone club back and forth, getting ready to wind up for a swing, while the Bulblin behind the rider likewise had his club above his head ready to bring it down on the Hylian's skull. Nicholas grinned as they reached each other, as Nicholas swung with an underhand arc, slamming the first Bulblin before the second was even in proper range to attack, something they hadn't thought through it seemed. The impact of the mace crushing the raider's jaw sent it backwards into his friend, causing both to fall off their Bullpos to the ground in a heap.

As he continued to ride on through the village, he heard the hunting horn from earlier go off again, this time much clearer. Perhaps if he could get the hunting horn, he could trick the Bulblin raiders to following him out of town.