Will's (Recent) Anime Reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WillowtheWhisp, Sep 8, 2012.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    So, I've been getting back into watching anime recently, and have been watching some either last year, or this year, as of late. This is where I'll post about anime that I've watched, and whether or not it's worth watching; I gotta say, I'm relatively impressed thus far. I'll also keep a list of anime worth watching (as far as I can remember, anyways) here, I guess, that isn't like your standard Trigun/Cowboy Bebop/FMA:Brotherhood/Naruto/Bleach/Code Geass list.

Anime Worth Watching:
    Samurai 7 (Futuristic, Sci-fi, Samurai)
    Noein (Sci-fi, Time Travel)
    Princess Mononoke (Movie) (Samurai, Fantasy, Miyazaki)
    Sword of the Stranger (Movie) (Samurai)
    Darker than Black (Sci-fi, Post-Apocalyptic)
    Chobits (Comedy, Romance)
    Afro Samurai (Actually an Amerime, Samuel L. Jackson, Samurai)
    Seirei no Moribito (Action, Feudal Era)
    Night Raid 1931 (Pre-World War Two, Strike Force, Super Powers)
    .hack//Sign (Classic, Stuck-in-Video-Game, Great Music/Plot)
    Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) (Classic, Samurai)
    Hellsing Ultimate (OVAs, Excellent Animation, Vampires, Nazis)
    Spirited Away
    Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro (Movie, Miyazaki, Master Thief, Action)
    Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
    Outlaw Star (Space, Sci-fi)
    Baccano! (Prohibition Era America, Alchemy, Mafia)
    Wolf's Rain
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Deadman Wonderland

Recently Watched:
    Guilty Crown (Nearly Post Apocalyptic, Great Music, Sci-fi, Super Powers, Futuristic)
    Fate Zero (Magic, Modern-Day, Historical Figures, Great Music/Action)
    Ga Rei Zero (Modern-Day, Exorcists, Action/Plot)
    Psycho Pass (Sci-fi, Future Society, Action/Plot)
    Witch Hunter Robin (Sci-fi, Classic, Magic Powers)
    Casshern Sins (Sci-fi, Robots, Post-Apocalyptic)
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Sci-fi, Magical Girl, FEELS)
    Magi (Fantasy, Comedy, Action/Adventure)
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun)

I'll eventually get around to posting reviews on the above, below. If you have any recommendations, or anime that you don't have the time to watch but want to know how they are, post below :V

To Watch List:
    Towards The Terra
    Speed Grapher
    Hunter x Hunter
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Spirited Away should never miss on lists like this. :sarcasm: It's awesome.

Also, you should really try Towards The Terra sometime, it's a bit sci-fi-ish, but really good.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Lol. I didn't add it because it falls under the "standards" list, but I added it just because it's THAT good :P Princess Mononoke is only on there cause it's a Miyazaki, yet not nearly as well known as Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Delivery.

And okay, I love sci-fi, so that's not a problem :P
  4. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

Will should certainly try Speed Grapher, if you can find it. I rather liked it myself.
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I had a hard time finding it last time you mentioned it, but I never tried looking for a torrent. I'll try that, this time, and see how it goes :V
  6. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Gantz is awesome if you don't watch the last two episodes (seriously, just don't watch them) and Claymore is ok. Witch hunter Robin is great and Hetalia: Axis Powers is hilarious.
  7. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Gantz is good, and Claymore is alright, like you said. I prefer the manga. I've seen some of Witch Hunter Robin, and had been meaning to watch it for awhile now, but kept forgetting, so thanks for the reminder. As for Hetalia, I always hear good things about it, so I might check it out.

I also saw an episode of Casshern Sins on Toonami the other day, so I'll be adding that to my "To Watch" list as well.
  8. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Most of the amazing anime I've seen are mainstream (Death Note, Durarara!!, FMAB, Elfen Lied, etc). Record of Lodoss Wars was pretty cool. Angel Beats was awesome, and Orphen was really good (although the second season started out pretty rocky). Also, I just started watching "D. Gray-man," and it looks good so far.
  9. Chi

D.Gray-man is pretty Mainstream type, but Oh god was Angel Beats good. Tari Tari is a nice one to watch, and so is Arcana Famiglia (according to eev). Then there's Persona4Animation, but that's also based off a game you will probably want to eventually play.
  10. Quill

^ I support this statement. :tpr:
  11. Quill

Sword Art Online. Always :tpr:
  12. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Finished: Casshern Sins and Witch Hunter Robin. Will add them to the finished list later.

Both were really good, so if you're into post apocalyptic robots and stuff, watch Casshern Sins, and if witches and super powers and stuff are more your thing, then watch Witch Hunter Robin.

I keep hearing good things about Sword Art Online, so I might watch it (I already keep up with the manga, is why I would't).

Towards the Terra is next on my list, as is Arcana Famiglia. (Already watched D. Gray Man, but need to still watch moar episodes of Persona 4).

I might watch Angel Beats. What is it about?
  13. Chi

It's about a boy who wakes up with no memories of his past, and a girl tells him he's dead, then lives a zany life in this bizarre afterlife and discovering why he's here.
  14. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is ongoing right now. It's absolutely fantastic though. It's even better from what I've seen of Sword Art Online.
  15. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I've never really watched anime, but funny story, for some reason I decided to start up Sword Art Online. I'm like... two episodes in, but it is really cool. I might start watching some more.
  16. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

I'm only three episodes in Sword Art Online.
  17. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

So, I'm not the only one here who hasn't really watched anime apparently. I would probably like it if I did, like Toko said, but the problem for me is TV shows have a tendency to bore me. They don't make you think like a book or game does and that kind of turns me away from them. Anyways, any recommendations for an anime for someone like me to start with if I wanted to try getting into it?
  18. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

Deathnote had me gripped. It literally could be remade into a book. It really makes you think about what is justice.
  19. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Oh, I actually watched the first season of Deathnote too. I really liked that one as well, it does make you think quite a bit about justice. I still need to watch the second season.
  20. Quill

If you like shows that make you think, Death Note is definitely on the list.